Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 320 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Thread: AMT  (Read 678349 times)
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:11:10 AM

Everyone else should please keep quiet about legal matters that it is clear no one understands.  I AM a lawyer, so let me help out those of you who labor under misconceptions of (consumerist) grandeur.

This do not have any significant importance when your are new forum user. Anyone can create multiple accounts here and claim to be a lawyer. If you want people to trust you are a lawyer, start by presenting yourself and your credentials.

Since there are good lawyers and bad lawyers, the truth of whether he is a lawyer or not isn't important. What is important is his reasoning, and his reasoning on the FTC rules makes a lot of sense.

Respectfully I must disagree his logic is flawed.  Not to mention I can't imagine any lawyer ever commenting on specific companies and whether or not they are breaking the law or not.  Lawyers don't mention specific companies when not under retainer and they certainly don't post's in forums with what may be construed as legal advice for free without stating something along the lines of "I am a Lawyer but not your Lawyer and nothing I say should be taken as legal advice".  Lawyers talk in generalities unless you are paying them.  They say things like ACME ASIC would be breaking the law if they did X and y while Bob's ASIC isn't because a and b.

If the poster is a lawyer, well I won't finish that because I can't think of anything nice to say...

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:17:22 AM

Good job AMT. Instead of quickly and quietly resolving a customer issue behind the scenes, you have now created an incident. If people want to research your company, they will find stories like this, and posts like your absurd offer to act as escrow for a customer who simply wanted a refund. You said you wanted to improve PR and customer service, but you did the opposite.

I'd actually be more worried for customers who believe they will get their orders on time now, since you apparently don't have ANY liquid funds to pay a single refund. What happens if there is a problem along your product chain? Are you going to come here and beg for more preorders from people who no longer trust you??
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:23:50 AM

Everyone else should please keep quiet about legal matters that it is clear no one understands.  I AM a lawyer, so let me help out those of you who labor under misconceptions of (consumerist) grandeur.

This do not have any significant importance when your are new forum user. Anyone can create multiple accounts here and claim to be a lawyer. If you want people to trust you are a lawyer, start by presenting yourself and your credentials.

Since there are good lawyers and bad lawyers, the truth of whether he is a lawyer or not isn't important. What is important is his reasoning, and his reasoning on the FTC rules makes a lot of sense.

Respectfully I must disagree his logic is flawed.  Not to mention I can't imagine any lawyer ever commenting on specific companies and whether or not they are breaking the law or not.  Lawyers don't mention specific companies when not under retainer and they certainly don't post's in forums with what may be construed as legal advice for free without stating something along the lines of "I am a Lawyer but not your Lawyer and nothing I say should be taken as legal advice".  Lawyers talk in generalities unless you are paying them.  They say things like ACME ASIC would be breaking the law if they did X and y while Bob's ASIC isn't because a and b.

If the poster is a lawyer, well I won't finish that because I can't think of anything nice to say...

My wife is one bar exam short of being a lawyer, and I have to agree. While the law is often arbitrary and capricious, it generally is very strict in regards to what a barred lawyer is allowed to say. Now of course they could be in Vermont, where there is no requirement to be a member of the bar, but I doubt it. That and the rules are similar even sans the bar association Smiley

Also, that quoted law is just one of many. Interstate commerce is a tangled web on it's more clear points, and downright arcane for the most part. It is also heavily slanted towards the customer, to the point where outright scammers are often more protected than a legitimate company. Thus, immense amounts of litigation and arbitration where the absence of law and the presence of common sense would lead to lower expense and higher expectations both ways.

AMT lost some points with me posting a customer's name like that, unless they had permission. Which I doubt. They do have permission, verbally, to post mine if they wish. But I am not really a customer. I still think they are a legit company, much in need of more experienced business people. When my tax refund comes I am hoping to have enough to get one of their coincraft based miners, the above notwithstanding.
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 11:46:05 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 01:02:42 PM by ISAWHIM

Sounds like they do need to clarify some things. (Besides fixing the wrong info on the "additional info" tab, still. Tongue)

1: Payment policy (Outlining approved payment methods, and limitations. Such as, "all sales are final", and a contractual agreement to the following #1, #2, #3 and #4 policies.)
2: Refund policy (Outlining the fact that a "pre-order" is a "build to suit", and has limited refund ability.)
3: Order policy (Identifying all "pre-orders", as a "build to suit", product. With any associated risks.)
4: Shipping policy (Identifying "ship dates", of the "pre-orders", which are "build to suit", products, as unencumbered shipping estimates. With links to any public announced NEWS of encumbrance to delays.)

Would that appease your comfort? (It would for me, but I already knew all that obvious stuff.)

Agreeing to facilitate a purchase/exchange/refund by the company, is not illegal. That is, in essence, what happens to any refund. In the situation where a refund by the company is "not within reason", it is not only acceptable, but it is also a sign of good faith. They are not "forcing" anyone to do anything. They are "offering" to ensure that someone does not get ripped-off, while facilitating an order-shift. The money was spent on the hardware that they were asked to buy and build, and now the customer is refusing to accept the hardware which is being built for them. That is already a breach of contract there, of the customer who demanded that they build the unit for them.

Seriously, now you are bitching about people getting refunds.

Sorry dude, but personal hardship is called personal hardship for a reason. It is not only, not others problem, but it not even close to the single situation at hand. They just want a refund, as they admitted, because of buyers remorse. "the difficulty went up faster"... To which, the truth of the matter is that it actually didn't go up as fast as ANY projections. So, thus, they are not only misinformed and incorrect, but also unjustifiably asking for a refund. A refund for a product that they faithfully gave to AMT, to build them a unit, which is being built and shipped, within a reasonable time.

Projected difficulties over the last two months...
35% projected, it went up 31% actual (14 days)
32% projected, it went up 28% actual (14 days)
30% projected, it went up 21% actual (14 days)
28% projected, it went up 19% actual (14 days)
22% projected, ... I guess 15% actual (present)
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Thus, it has not "gone up faster", it has gone up slower than any estimates, from even prior to any sales. Now value... that is a whole other beast. But value past and present are irrelevant to a "future sale" and "future earning". What matters is the QTY of BTC produced, via difficulty, and value at the time which you intend to cash-out. Since YOU set value, that is all on you.

But, since BTC is not the only thing this unit is capable of mining... Lets look at others returns...
Greatest return over BTC has been about 350%, average of mining other alts, about 137%, total. So, reward for mining those, in BTC is 350%-137% greater than mining BTC directly.

Those difficulties, compared to BTC... 2,621,404,453
Peercoin: 73,797,540
Freicoin: 1,050,377
Terracoin: 748,654
Emark: 543,986
FireflyCoin: 172,399
AsicCoin: 65,651
Opensourcecoin: 49,975
Joulecoin: 42,067
TekCoin: 18,394
http://www.coinwarz.com/ (1.2THs with modest power-estimates)

If you want the "big list"... http://www.coinchoose.com/
NOTE: BTC is near the bottom of that "big list".
(That is because it is using Radeon 7970's as a base for mining SHA and SCRYPT. It does not reflect ASIC mining on SHA or the new ASIC Scrypt miners. That page is intended for scrypt-miner rigs, obviously. But you can still see the alt-SHA coins percentage value compared to BTC.)

Take your pick, most go above BTC value, and offer easy solo-mining to boot for an added bonus of unstolen/unlost/uncredited block-rewards and block-fees that are all 100% yours.

There is one or two in every crowd. They didn't have a clue going in, and don't have a clue now, and should never have made a purchase. Refunding them would do everyone a favor. It would shut them up, get them off the forum, make an miner available sooner to someone-else, and save them from 20+ annoying emails and phone-calls that are getting in the way of a customer who actually knows what they want, and are trying to get.

But they, and you, are just trolling for the sake of trolling. To get a rise out of the forum-posters or AMT themselves.

P.S. This exact reason is why you can't buy stocks with CC's and paypal. You buy it, you own it. Period! You purchased a BTC coin maker. BTC is a high-risk market, and so is any associated joint-products. This has been known as common knowledge for the past six years. This is not a "standard consumer sale", these are all "high-risk investments". No matter how consumer-like it ever seems to be portrayed. Even BestBuy sells BFL without a refund, unless there is "good reason". (Like hardware failure.)
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:06:28 PM

Sounds like they do need to clarify some things. (Besides fixing the wrong info on the "additional info" tab, still. Tongue)

1: Payment policy (Outlining approved payment methods, and limitations. Such as, "all sales are final", and a contractual agreement to the following #1, #2, #3 and #4 policies.)
2: Refund policy (Outlining the fact that a "pre-order" is a "build to suit", and has limited refund ability.)
3: Order policy (Identifying all "pre-orders", as a "build to suit", product. With any associated risks.)
4: Shipping policy (Identifying "ship dates", of the "pre-orders", which are "build to suit", products, as unencumbered shipping estimates. With links to any public announced NEWS of encumbrance to delays.)

P.S. This exact reason is why you can't buy stocks with CC's and paypal. You buy it, you own it. Period! You purchased a BTC coin maker. BTC is a high-risk market, and so is any associated joint-products. This has been known as common knowledge for the past six years. This is not a "standard consumer sale", these are all "high-risk investments". No matter how consumer-like it ever seems to be portrayed. Even BestBuy sells BFL without a refund, unless there is "good reason". (Like hardware failure.)

Two things mate, you cannot skirt retail consumer protection laws by calling a retail product "made to order"  no matter what contract or ToS you have the client sign it is still a retail purchase.  If you want to retail products as a business in the USA you must follow retail consumer protection laws period.  This includes all the fun stuff like refunds and returns and so on.

No matter how closely you think this is to a stock, according to the law (at least currently) buying ANY computing hardware is not a stock and not an investment it is a retail purchase and as such subject to the laws surrounding retail purchase.  You can present all the facts you want that you think makes it an investment but the law will not look at buying a "computer' as investment it is again a retail purchase of a product.

I think 99% of people on this forum simply don't understand the real business world.  When a company is created there is risked involved.  That risk is born by the owner/s of the company and not its CUSTOMERS.  The law is pretty fucking clear about this.  But most of the folks in this thread think that making and or selling an ASIC has some magic formula that allows a company to transfer the risk from themselves to customer.

If most of these folks had any idea of the real business world they would understand the legal implications of using CUSTOMER pre-order money to fund the start up of a business.  I will say just one of the major problems with this business model is that "under capitalization"  (read using customer money instead of investor money to start up) is one of the biggest reason that the corporate veil is pierced.  I'll bet that most of the companies think that an LLC protect them personally, but it may not.  If they have under cap'd the corp their personal assets could very much be on the line.

But hey if you guys want to keep running around funding all these start ups and taking all the risk for very very little reward go for it.  The whole risk reward scheme between the manufactures and customers is currently the EXACT opposite of the way it should be and they are all taking a pretty big gamble IMO that most normal business wouldn't dream of taking. 
ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:28:27 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 02:01:24 PM by ISAWHIM

Two things mate, you cannot skirt retail consumer protection laws by calling a retail product "made to order"  no matter what contract or ToS you have the client sign it is still a retail purchase.  If you want to retail products as a business in the USA you must follow retail consumer protection laws period.  This includes all the fun stuff like refunds and returns and so on.

No matter how closely you think this is to a stock, according to the law (at least currently) buying ANY computing hardware is not a stock and not an investment it is a retail purchase and as such subject to the laws surrounding retail purchase.  You can present all the facts you want that you think makes it an investment but the law will not look at buying a "computer' as investment it is again a retail purchase of a product.

This is not just "computing hardware"... It is a specific machine custom-built with new-technology, for the explicit purpose of "generating bitcoin value". That is like saying a watch is just a computer, or your cell-phone, or a printing-press is just a machine. The specific reason it is purchased, matters. This is not a retail purchase. They are not buying "Superminer" and selling "Superminer", they are building you a custom "AMT miner".

"No refunds", if implicitly stated, as an agreement and stipulation of the purchase, is not only legal, but also enforced, in all 50 states in the USA.

"As is", if implicitly stated...

"pre-order", also has implicit purpose. In the case of "built to suit", it is an agreement that you know you just paid for something which has yet to be constructed. Same if you agree to have a contractor build you something, like a fire-pit. That is a consumer product, "built to suit", and you pay as a "pre-order", and the "delivery time", is also implied to be an estimate. (Since it "has not been built at the time of the estimate".) Though you could have gotten a fire-pit as a consumer product. Standard consumer laws for that situation, which is 100% similar to all of these miners, do not apply. (When you throw-in, "money making machine", at the judge... They will have a hard time digesting that the "consumer", wasn't aware that there was "high risk" involved with the purchase.)

But I digress... Take it to a judge if you feel the need. Just like all other cases, it will end with nothing more than added expenses to the one taking them to court. Just as what happened with BFL, who I actually believed was in the wrong, from day 1. (BFL operated out of California. However, they showed the judges that the delays were reasonable, and "beyond control of BFL". The key thing for them, was BTC's nature, and the orders specific form, being a "pre-order contract" for "build to suit", productions. California judges are hard on businesses... So winning there, says...)

In any event, the law is still just a guide, for a judge to make a ruling. They have done nothing wrong, or criminal, or unjust. So all of this banter is moot.

This is just one example where there are limitations...
http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=294
Your Right to Rescind
Being a "smart" consumer begins with becoming an educated consumer. Knowing your rights is especially valuable when entering into certain contracts for goods or services. Pennsylvania's Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law gives you specific rights concerning contracts you may sign for goods and services, including your right to change your mind in some instances.

Known as your "Right to Rescind" or the "Cooling Off Rule," these provisions give buyers the right to cancel the contract with a full refund of money under certain circumstances. How much time you have depends on what type of goods or services you purchase. Also, not every consumer contract is subject to these rules. For the most common consumer transactions, such as purchasing an item from a department store, the consumer's ability to rescind or cancel a purchase, or obtain a refund, will depend upon the business policy or the particular agreement between the consumer and the business.

Consumer protection is not just for the consumer, it is also protection from the consumer, for the store/shop. (The contractor should not be "stuck" with a pile of bricks, because you decide after he buys them, not to have him build the fire-pit. Doesn't matter how much liquidity he has... He is not going to give you back your money for the bricks, and be out that money himself, and also be stuck with bricks he doesn't want. You don't want the fire-pit, then sell it after it is built, like you paid him to do.)

Most laws were put in place to provide protections where "there is no agreement", or there is no obvious "assumptions to a purchase", or where someone is just trying to rip someone off. It was clear, at the time of purchase, what everyone was buying, and what it would involve, including delays and limitations to refunds.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:40:59 PM

Consumer protection is not just for the consumer, it is also protection from the consumer, for the store/shop.

This is one of the most stupid comment about consumer protection I even read and shows how you completely fail to understand what are you talking about.
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:45:03 PM

Note the e-mail address attached to the paypal account I sent payment to way back.....

Thank you for this information.

Josh Zipkin (joshua.zipkin@gmail.com) appears to be the person operating the bogus corporation "Advanced Mining Technologies". A quick Google search shows that there are several Internet domains registered with the alleged email address:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22joshua.zipkin%40gmail.com%22

newemotionsbg.com
tolkova.com
acheatingwife.com
decisiondental.com
financinginvestments.com
musicfunders.com
rockstarfunding.com
sexycourses.com
theinvestmentpitch.com
vibradors.com
adhdstudy.info
online-cash.us
thedealfair.com
buycustomertestimonials.com
dmdadvertising.com
studentgrouping.com
findyourcars.com
collegeconect.com
ebasijivota.com
empiremodelling.com
dentalbenefitsinsurance.info
bitcoinmining.info

One of the Internet domains was registered with an address from Bulgaria:

http://whois.stsoftware.biz/newemotionsbg-com.htm

Administrative Contact:
   New emotions ltd
   joshua zipkin (joshua.zipkin@gmail.com)
   +359.359878867577
   Fax:
   607 Oak Shade ave.
   Sofia, Bulgaria 1404
   BG

This is Joshua Zipkin Facebook and LinkedIn profiles:

https://www.facebook.com/josh.zipkin

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/joshua-zipkin-%E0%AE%83/4/553/329

The person in the above profiles's photos matches the person appearing in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWBgz0Mbx20

Notice that both profiles indicates that his is from Pennsylvania, however both profiles shows that he could be living at three different places:

Do you remember that post where a forum participant complained the advancedminers.com Internet page was using Masonic symbolism? Look at what Josh Zipkin likes:

Beware!

People behind this suspicious scheme is misrepresenting an already registered legal entity in USA know as "ADVANCED MINING TECHNOLOGY, INC.":

https://www.corporations.state.pa.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?868855

This legal entity have no relationship whatsoever with the Internet page http://www.advancedminers.com/ which was registered on 10 Sep 2013:

Here is the source of an email sent by the advancedminers.com domain after an order is placed and wire transfer is required to complete the sale:

Received: from hst-225-210.medicom.bg ([84.238.225.210]:50616 helo=[192.168.0.102])
   by adv.advancedminers.com with esmtpsa (TLSv1:DHE-RSA-CAMELLIA256-SHA:256)
   (Exim 4.82)
   (envelope-from <atrusten@advancedminers.com>)
   id 1Vt1dp-00055P-Vp
   for XXXX@XXXX.com; Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:53:23 -0600
Message-ID: <52B0B9BA.8010708@advancedminers.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 15:53:14 -0500
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/24.2.0
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: XXXX@XXXX.com
Subject: Your AMT Order #1088 Wire Information
References: <52B0B89F.9000302@advancedminers.com>
In-Reply-To: <52B0B89F.9000302@advancedminers.com>
X-Forwarded-Message-Id: <52B0B89F.9000302@advancedminers.com>
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
 boundary="------------040301040303000109080508"
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - adv.advancedminers.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - dispostable.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - advancedminers.com
X-Get-Message-Sender-Via: adv.advancedminers.com: authenticated_id: atrusten@advancedminers.com
X-Source:
X-Source-Args:
X-Source-Dir:

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi XXXXX,

I am sending you the wire information for order No 1088. You will find it
in the attached file.

After your payment is confirmed we'll issue you a
paid invoice for your coin miner in full detail. Remember to put your
order number in the payment details section of the wire as well.

Also if you can manage, please send a scan of the wire receipt or email
verification of the wire just for organizational purposes and so that we
can give accounting a heads up that your payment is on its way.

Kind Regards,

--
Alyssa Trusten
AMT Billing Dep.
1254 W. Chester Pike,
Havertown, PA, 19083
1855-866-6463
atrusten@Advancedminers.com

The IP address highlighted above is assigned to Bulgaria:

Moreover, two forum participants already presented evidence which indicated that people misrepresenting the "ADVANCED MINING TECHNOLOGY, INC." is operating from Bulgaria:

Ok... will do that, one minute, I have to open an find out how to post an image

Hey every one!,

I'm new here. I wanted to pass some information that I found during my search in seeing if this company is a scam or not. I found their flicker stream. I then downloaded their photos and ran each image in exif tool i( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format). They uploaded it with their cell phone. This gave us a GPS location where these photos were taken. I have also included a google map where this GPS data takes you.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/107201528@N06/10583836383/sizes/o/in/photostream/

(...)

MAP OF LOCATION
https://maps.google.com/maps?t=m&q=42.6586%2C+23.394714&output=classic

I hope this helps anyone out in making the right choice here.

-unf
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:57:54 PM

My wife is one bar exam short of being a lawyer, and I have to agree. While the law is often arbitrary and capricious, it generally is very strict in regards to what a barred lawyer is allowed to say. Now of course they could be in Vermont, where there is no requirement to be a member of the bar, but I doubt it. That and the rules are similar even sans the bar association Smiley

Sure, and by that logic almost every law review article and practicing lawyer article that mentioned real facts from real cases would have the lawyer disbarred.  There is a reason your wife is one exam short of being a lawyer if she really believes that the right to comment publicly is lost once you become a lawyer (hint: first amendment).

Sorry, but this is getting absurd.  The FTC rule is very clear and has the benefit of a long period of time being in force (since I have been a lawyer, which is a very long time).  Find me one case in a federal court where the rule has been interpreted to permit cancellation of pre-orders, where (i) the seller clearly provided a time for delivery prior to the sale, (ii) the seller was not late in delivery, and (iii) there were not any facts indicating a likelihood that the seller would be late.

And by the way, I have no desire to allow the nutballs in this forum to be contacting me personally so I decline the invitation to career suicide by disclosing my firm name and identity.  But if it will get everyone to STFU and accept my analysis (which is obvious to any experienced lawyer reading the text of the rule, but I digress), I am happy to have a trusted member verify me.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
eightcylinders

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:49:20 PM

Everyone else should please keep quiet about legal matters that it is clear no one understands.  I AM a lawyer, so let me help out those of you who labor under misconceptions of (consumerist) grandeur.

Yes I created an account a month ago and have multiple unrelated posts and purchases under this identity just so I could pretend to be a lawyer.  Amazing how I thought that out a month ago isn't it?!!

I gave my analysis.  Happy to debate any meaningful.girl response.  I have no desire to represent anyone on this forum nor am I trolling for business.  And I certainly do t want folks calling me, my firm or my partners or clients... so why on earth would I give out that info given the crazies that populate this board?  No thanks.  If you want the free advice I gave great.  You are free to ignore it I don't care.  Take my analysis to any decent lawyer from a good law school with a good firm, and see what they think if you want to waste a few grand. 

It's not about credentials it's about statutory construction... and this is a pretty clear case if you read the whole rule.

My BTC Addres: 1PMEJCY6ofqmnAdYbdQqToZ7MNSAz35w7v
=>Buy the world's first hardware wallet.   Safer than paper and easier to use than smartphones.  If you use Bitcoin you need this: Buy Trezor!!
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:12:35 PM

Yes I created an account a month ago and have multiple unrelated posts and purchases under this identity just so I could pretend to be a lawyer.  Amazing how I thought that out a month ago isn't it?!!

I gave my analysis.  Happy to debate any meaningful.girl response.  I have no desire to represent anyone on this forum nor am I trolling for business.  And I certainly do t want folks calling me, my firm or my partners or clients... so why on earth would I give out that info given the crazies that populate this board?  No thanks.  If you want the free advice I gave great.  You are free to ignore it I don't care.  Take my analysis to any decent lawyer from a good law school with a good firm, and see what they think if you want to waste a few grand.  

It's not about credentials it's about statutory construction... and this is a pretty clear case if you read the whole rule.

Cut the chit chat. You said you are a lawyer. Can you prove that or not? If you are not willing to prove that, than anyone can assume you could be misrepresenting yourself only for the sake to win the argument.

LoL at your "take my analysis to any decent lawyer from a good law school with a good firm, and see what they think if you want to waste a few grand."

That do not prove you are a lawyer. As a lawyer you should know this better than me, but it appears you do not.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:13:49 PM

Isawhim, you can blab blab blab with your off topic analysis, but you're still wrong. A customer who hasn't received a product yet isn't cooling off, they are an order. What the hell is wrong with you, going to bat over and over for this company to let them screw a customer? Why do so many people here think that these manufacturers should be given a pass for months of delays and lies every time. A business should treat its customers well, at least until they become unbearable. I don't get how people who at least appear to have the ability to make a rational decision just fall so short when it comes to this sort of thing.
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:11:35 PM

Augusto,

Thanks for doing all the research on John Zipkin.

Quite a bit of this background information on Josh/AMT seems really shady.
stan258

Activity: 440

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:20:15 PM

@ Augusto Croppo -  Earlier posts regarding The bulgarian connection has to do with Technobit.  Their Bitfury miners are Technobits design.  Marto over at Tecnobit had some factory production delays  which probably resulted in AMT delays for their 55NM stuff. Marto at Tecnobit makes some pretty good stuff.  Sometimes you have to wait a while. 
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:22:39 PM

Isawhim, you can blab blab blab with your off topic analysis, but you're still wrong. A customer who hasn't received a product yet isn't cooling off, they are an order. What the hell is wrong with you, going to bat over and over for this company to let them screw a customer? Why do so many people here think that these manufacturers should be given a pass for months of delays and lies every time. A business should treat its customers well, at least until they become unbearable. I don't get how people who at least appear to have the ability to make a rational decision just fall so short when it comes to this sort of thing.

He said it himself. He gives them a pass because they are holding his Pre Order funds hostage : and he doesn't want to upset AMT out of fear that they will take his money and run.

I'm starting to question whether Isawhim would care if he got his miner, but everyone else that pre-ordered got screwed. I don't know why him or any of these others would come to defend AMT so strongly based simply on a lackluster website with misinformation, unprofessional posts on this thread, and a general lack of updates and clear information for their investors. I just don't get it.

That's what sucks about the mining industry is that it's so competitive that no one really gives a shit about anyone else and only think about themselves. This probably has something to do with the 'money to be made' that is involved.

AMT_MINERS: It's Saturday Feb 08 2014. You said that miners would be built by now and start shipping yesterday. Has that changed? If so, please let us know. If not - please post some pictures or give us some updates as to what orders have been built/shipped.

Thank you.
circask8ers

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:42:33 PM

I have been following this thread for quite awhile, but I finally decided to make an account to share an update I got from AMT this morning. While it has been a long stressful ordeal, I think the miners are finally going to start shipping this week.

"We had a short setback with the board design/layout. It's all fixed now and boards will be populated on Tuesday/Wednesday. I'll write you back then when I know when your order will be ready, but yes its coming up very very soon.

All the best

Jim."
ISAWHIM

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:51:32 PM

I'm starting to question whether Isawhim would care if he got his miner, but everyone else that pre-ordered got screwed. I don't know why him or any of these others would come to defend AMT so strongly based simply on a lackluster website with misinformation, unprofessional posts on this thread, and a general lack of updates and clear information for their investors. I just don't get it.

AMT_MINERS: It's Saturday Feb 08 2014. You said that miners would be built by now and start shipping yesterday. Has that changed? If so, please let us know. If not - please post some pictures or give us some updates as to what orders have been built/shipped.

No-one got screwed.

There is no misinformation, other than the crap spewing from trolling post using the poorest detective work.

There has been plenty of updates between the troll-posts, and news pages. (Including the "pictures" and "updates to shipping and building".)

Yes, I would care if I NEVER got my miner. But I am getting it, and getting it before all those who patiently waited before attempting to make a purchase. (And before most other THs miners from any other place, I might add too.) Could have had more, if anyone took me up on my offers for a refund. (So it seems a majority, like myself, obviously have the same confidence about delivery and production.)

There is always BFL to buy from, or KNC... Oh wait.. KNC still does not have open-orders, and BFL, you will be lucky if you get the miner within a year from purchase. Go buy some ants , blocks, or usb-miners if you think you will get something better there. Same wolf-cries all over, from idiots trying to curb sales.

Same thing happens every time.

What's next... Complaining because they didn't send you two, when you ordered one. No free water with every purchase, like BFL offered. No insta-ROI because of expected market fluctuation in price. No refund 30-days after getting it, after you mined your own coin-value into the ground, because you insta-cashed-out. (Also not a possibility, even though "consumer protections", states that it is. Again, one of those limitations of the law, for this instance. Nice thing called pro-rated returns, and custom contracted asset return limitations.)

Sorry, gotta go do something productive, so I can earn more, to buy more. I am still making hundreds a day with my old equipment, contributing to the falling prices of BTC, so I can buy it cheaper with cash. Ironic, isn't it. lol. Just like paying for a BTC miner with BTC. Or buying a printing-press with cash.

And in my own defense about my statement about consumer protections being for customers and for the business.. This is a direct quote from the FTC gov website...
The FTC puts out its mission by investigating issues raised by reports from consumers and businesses.
It is not ONLY for the consumer. Consumers attempt to unjustly demand things they are just not legally entitled to, like refunds and "free things", and "slander". Which is also protected under consumer protections acts. For the business. Including the fraud-laws, where consumers "claim" things that are just fraudulent. Thus, the reason why your CC's spend billions to protect the businesses and customers they serve, using your own money.
drpibb81

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:52:41 PM

I have been following this thread for quite awhile, but I finally decided to make an account to share an update I got from AMT this morning. While it has been a long stressful ordeal, I think the miners are finally going to start shipping this week.

"We had a short setback with the board design/layout. It's all fixed now and boards will be populated on Tuesday/Wednesday. I'll write you back then when I know when your order will be ready, but yes its coming up very very soon.

All the best

Jim."

How is it that every time there is an update, it is from someone that has 1 post?
Mblackout

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

BitRoll

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:20:24 AM

I also hear miners will start to ship next week.
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:06:40 AM

I still want to know why grumby bear hasn't taken anyone up on the offer to buy their spot in line. All of this could be over by now.

I guess the queens here love the drama.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 320 »
  Print  

Jump to: