Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:58:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to know project scam or not?  (Read 1660 times)
idioma1

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:55:57 PM

First of all is White Paper. Read and after that ask questions in ICO chat. Check the community, social networks, if they have ready-use product (preferably), their activity before ICO, partners

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:03:38 AM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?
To check whether a project is a scam or not, firstly read the whitepaper that is released by the project team. See what utility and technology does the project have and what it plans to do in the future. Then check the background of the team working on that project and make sure that they are not anonymous. Secondly I would recommend you to invest just in those coins are projects that are in top 30 list on coin market cap. Also join telegram group and twitter page of the particular project or coin to get regular updates on their work and progress.
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:14:47 AM

Hello, i am newbie and want to know how i could check projects if they are good or bad, is there ways to know about that?
just investigate about that particular campaign. check their background, their platforms, investigate about the team who builds the project. and see who their partners was. see also their roadmap, and decide for yourself if you are satisfied with the informations you gather.
Indeed. Partnerships that a particular project or coin has must be taken into consideration and a background check must be run, to see if the partnerships really exists and that the companies they have partnerships are well known and legit. Many scam ICO’s and projects just fake about partnerships to gain people trust and increase their funding.

Roadmap also plays important role to verify if a project is scam or legit one. Also it must be checked if a coin or project has some particular utility in the real world application and blockchain.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:19:36 AM

from my previous experience, I can say it is hard to know scam project especially nowadays that scammers are playing wise and hard to get. reason for this is that some ICO will have good intention but in the long run, they decide to quit the project and everything turn to scam e.g. http://symmetry.fund/. however, some of few ways to know scam ICO include poorly written whitepaper with high plagiarism (use plagiarism checker for whitepaper). ICO website that makes their ETH address the centre of attraction(ETH address will be boldly displayed on the home page with the caption " send your contribution to this ETH address"). Incoherent roadmap. Fewer or none information about the team management (if a picture of team/teams is/are present use google image to search for the person on the internet). finally dont join ICO just because you see they have been listed numerously on ICO review website. some scammers also pay review site to get listed on their platform.
littlboy

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:23:09 AM

A good project, the general information will be very detailed. Its threads will have websites, white papers, twitter, blogs, and Facebook. The most important thing is to carefully read the contents of the white paper. You should have team members, a roadmap, financial support, and technical support.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:31:04 AM

There are basic guides on how to spot a legit or a scam project but it's not 100% guaranteed. Some may look real at the beginning that ends up being a scam.
SeXy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:45:26 AM

Often projects in their description and announcing write about the fact that they are safer, cheaper, faster and the like. But if there is no real technical details how this was achieved then this is scam
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:57:25 AM

Seriously speaking you can never know. Look at projects like Bitconnect or Comodo. Even if they have the greatest white papers and are promising you glory. They don't have any value in the real world. Unless they have a working product to show case. All those promises are nothing but ashes.

I agree. This market is just so unpredictable and volatile that, sometimes, even if developers really prepare for its launch and it was not really a scam at first, would turn out to be because of the impending failure that they might face. I am not defending them because it's totally out of the question to scam people; however, what I am saying is that failures in this market has become quite a normalcy that people see projects that are failing as scams. If you really want to be sure of the project you are joining just check everything about it, but if it still does not achieve its quota, then it's just how the market plays, unfortunately.

pheonyx

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:21:46 AM

It is good to check their white paper but searching is not end there because good white paper is not the assurance but can help you. Good to find ICO with existing product and company this kind of project is promising.
YaNinaMurmansk

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:41:29 AM

1.On the forum are links to projects.
2.If there are more experienced guys ready to tell about the project.
3. You can pay attention to the subscription at the forum of the participants.
4. Read about the project and draw your conclusions about the project.
OneMillionToken

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:10:28 PM

First of read the White Paper and try to understand what the project want to do. Then try to take as much info as possible. Know who the founders are, if they have already done good projects in the past could be one of the winning keys to not stumble in scam project.
wiro212

Activity: 700
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:16:53 PM

so many indication to review that, technically every person have a different view and pattern to analize. example from whitepaper, track records a team, social media concerne, roadmap and platform. i think no crowdsale or token sale live is new sign for caught a good interests. you only need to figure out a good track from some good ICO's in the past to learn that. Not easy but would take your time to study. Make it for your refferences for choose a good ICO . I believe every people will be succes if never stopped learn and studied. Good luck
sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:01:05 PM

Just to be curious to know that the project is scam is if the developer doesnt get online and their move was bad the had a lot of reason a promises but all of that is a lie. To know that the project is not a scam is if the developer update always about the project and always online and keep spreading news
Vart4varta

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:19:20 PM

First of all, when investing in ICO, you invest in a team of people. Therefore, pay attention to the team and their competence, communicate with the team directly in the social. networks and chats.
alieknov

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:29:09 PM

When joining a project, always, always search if it is good or not.
Many people are giving feedbacks from projects here in duscussions like this.
You should learn to search and read comments about a certain project.
Also, you should check the team behind a project. There are many great teams and manager that are popular here.
I recommend deadley and needmoney. They are a great bounty manager based on my exprience.
tambakikan

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:44:39 PM

I think we can pay attention to bid on the site is bids it makes sense and whether it's not excessive, and also note how the system works in the site, in a way to use it as it can we know it scam or not.
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:16:59 AM

Seriously speaking you can never know. Look at projects like Bitconnect or Comodo. Even if they have the greatest white papers and are promising you glory. They don't have any value in the real world. Unless they have a working product to show case. All those promises are nothing but ashes.
Though bitconnect and comodo had white paper that were made pretty good and made it seem legit, there was flaw with both of them, they had no utility in the real world application and also the team and people working for bitconnect were not open and stayed anonymous.

Bitconnect have quite good returns to people, but from start I knew that there was some off with the project and it could be scam, so I never invested in it. Trust your instincts and do research before investing any amount in any project.
cuenzy

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 01:47:14 PM

Really hard to figure out these days. Even you have a good team, the problem would be how good can you be so the community might look for anything nosy. Most of the time scam projects now hit it big. It's always safe to diversify and not focus your resources or efforts in one or few. I know this is hard and might take alot of sweats but this is the game here. Devour or be devoured. Cheesy
dress

Activity: 439
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:49:36 AM

You need to googled almost all the names that are in the founders and developers. If there's no mention of names, it's probably a dummy.
skaya7

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 10:52:38 AM

I think it can be understood through a comprehensive research You can understand intelligible comments about investor sites and forums or investors

CRYPTOV8 ◄◄◄◄ Bringing banking to blockchain►►►► (https://www.cryptov8.com/)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: