Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32780 times)
garytheasshole

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

Chosŏn Minjujuŭi Inmin Konghwaguk

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:02:12 PM

So is it a FPGA or ASIC? Or it has gender identity crisis?
It should be FPGA since it support 2 algos. Just like other Baikals.
But AEON algo is not really different from cryptonight apart from the size of the scratchpad.

Shoostah

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:03:58 PM

CryptoNight and CryptoNight-lite are basically the same things. An ASIC that works for CryptoNight will work for CryptoNight-lite without any additional hassle. They could've as easily not advertised CryptoNight-lite as they probably didn't need to add anything to what they created for CryptoNight initially.
Andy16k

Activity: 72

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:13:05 PM

theres no way 60 watts can be right, if it generates any heat whatsoever at that hash rate its gotta be a hell of a lot more!
ku4eto

Activity: 194
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:15:09 PM

According to girl, its ASIC.

Also, it doesnt support 2 algos, cryptonight-lite is just cryptonight, but with half of the scratchpad.
Shoostah

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:30:04 PM

Also, it doesnt support 2 algos, cryptonight-lite is just cryptonight, but with half of the scratchpad.
Who's this 'girl'?
charles2k

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:34:55 PM

Where did you order it? Asicminermarket?
Yes, from there.

Did you pay them in BTC? If yes, what rate of exchange they used? How is it differ from Bitstamp/Bitfinex?
Sasuke.Sasuke

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:44:05 PM

So happy to see this thing dead on arrival.. XMR + IPBC switching algos, with hopefully other CN coins to follow. Fuck you, baikal.  Smiley

Has any other CN coin announced support for the switch yet? Sumo and ETN, for example.
So far I've found $XMR $IPBC and $EDL who will introduce anti asic properties..  is there any other coin who will be anti asic?
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:52:43 PM

According to Voskcoin it uses FPGA. I think that too... like they say on the Baikal Giant B thread those 2 Cryptonight algos probably should have been those 2 algos that they promised to add for Giant B.
I know the differences between Cryptonight and Cryptonight-lite, I was porting the latest XMR-STAK-AMD for Aeon...
I don't understand ASICs too much so I might be wrong.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 12:53:10 PM

Where did you order it? Asicminermarket?
Yes, from there.

Did you pay them in BTC? If yes, what rate of exchange they used? How is it differ from Bitstamp/Bitfinex?
I paid with LTC, 19.9 LTC.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
cheebeez

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:53:46 PM

So far I've found $XMR $IPBC and $EDL who will introduce anti asic properties..  is there any other coin who will be anti asic?
I think this asic is just many mobile/pc processors on one board and new monero algo is useless.
Sasuke.Sasuke

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:08:21 PM

So far I've found $XMR $IPBC and $EDL who will introduce anti asic properties..  is there any other coin who will be anti asic?
I think this asic is just many mobile/pc processors on one board and new monero algo is useless.
if that's the case then it's not asic at all
Shoostah

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:12:21 PM

So happy to see this thing dead on arrival.. XMR + IPBC switching algos, with hopefully other CN coins to follow. Fuck you, baikal.  Smiley

Has any other CN coin announced support for the switch yet? Sumo and ETN, for example.
So far I've found $XMR $IPBC and $EDL who will introduce anti asic properties..  is there any other coin who will be anti asic?
Also, XTL developers announced that they will switch to another algorithm to keep ASIC resistance.
garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 01:29:57 PM

According to Voskcoin it uses FPGA. I think that too... like they say on the Baikal Giant B thread those 2 Cryptonight algos probably should have been those 2 algos that they promised to add for Giant B.
I know the differences between Cryptonight and Cryptonight-lite, I was porting the latest XMR-STAK-AMD for Aeon...

Wouldn't it be possible to reprogram the FPGA for the new pow change albeit not trivial? If that was the case I'd assume that would have been their main sales pitch...

Shoostah

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:40:09 PM

Wouldn't it be possible to reprogram the FPGA for the new pow change albeit not trivial? If that was the case I'd assume that would have been their main sales pitch...
In that case, monero is screwed. As soon as they release a new algorithm, Baikal would already be working on the new firmware.
garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 01:44:35 PM

In that case, monero is screwed. As soon as they release a new algorithm, Baikal would already be working on the new firmware.
Not really, they can always ditch cryptonight for something else like cuckoo cycle. But yeah it makes a whole lot of difference if they're FPGAs or ASIC, if only they gave bit of more information before asking people for +$30k...

Shoostah

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:55:27 PM

Not really, they can always ditch cryptonight for something else like cuckoo cycle. But yeah it makes a whole lot of difference if they're FPGAs or ASIC, if only they gave bit of more information before asking people for +$30k...
This is what happens when there's no competition.
desolate_puppy

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:17:00 PM

Just dropped a request on Electroneum official webpage for BANNING this miner. This ASIC will ruin mining experience. XMR already announced that they would ban this shit.
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 03:43:07 PM

Just dropped a request on Electroneum official webpage for BANNING this miner. This ASIC will ruin mining experience. XMR already announced that they would ban this shit.
It will be funny watching ETN devs doing another great job on their Github and then rolling it back because whole net stop working Cheesy

garytheasshole

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 03:45:04 PM

It will be funny watching ETN devs doing another great job on their Github and then rolling it back because whole net stop working Cheesy

ETN has devs? TIL

Last time they paid a guy from the monero community to apply a patch that was written months ago because they had no idea what to do with it...

whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:50:07 PM

Yeah, I heard, but it says 72 hours shipping, would be great Cheesy

Mattthev - Your miner is still in production mining for them!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: