Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:32:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal Giant N - Cryptonight, Cryptonight-lite FPGA/ASIC miner  (Read 32780 times)
Aris_Eng

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:11:22 AM

A lot of people have asked me about the FPGA rig that I am building, and make a long story short, I am hoping eventually to release bitstreams for a couple of very common FPGA boards; in this fashion, the average person can just buy one to 30 of these 'stock' FPGA boards, connect them to their PC by USB cables and PCIe-to-USB3 cards, and start mining with the publicly available bitstreams for a 2% fee.  The ROI on high end FPGA boards right now is 15 to 90 days depending on the algorithm and the board.  This setup is almost immune to 'forking', and in my opinion, GPU's will gradually be replaced by FPGA's and I believe stock-hardware FPGA mining with publicly available bitstreams will replace the current set up of stock-GPU's with publicly available mining software.

When the transition from GPU's to FPGA's is complete, true-ASIC rigs will not be that attractive.  They will offer only a moderate hash rate increase, for high risk.

Very very interested. When will you have them ready? And where is it possible to buy those high end fgpa? Thanks!

Other than myself I know of at least two other people who are also working on open-platform FPGA rigs, which means in reality there must be even more than that.  Likely several will be released around the same time.

High end cards are available from digikey.com, avnet.com, hitechglobal.com, bittware.com, xilinx.com.  The lowest end card that can ROI in around 30 days is the $490 Digilent Nexys Video [Xilinx XCA7200T] (available from Digilent.com, Avnet.com, Digikey.com).  However, the Nexys card is limited in which algorithms you can mine, and personally I believe the future of open platform FPGA rigs is in the high end cards which can run almost every altcoin algorithm.  The high end cards cost around $4K to $6K each, which is around the same price of custom mining rigs, with much better ROI's, more flexibility, and none of the 'screw-you-over' attitude of the big mining companies.  With full open access to your own hardware, there are no 'secret' or 'locked' algorithms which are out of your control.

I'm working full time on this project, I might have something publicly available by June or July.

I forked tpruvot's CPU miner, the miner works the same on the command line, with -a specifying the algorithm, and the PC mining software loads the correct bitstream into the FPGA card right before you start mining.  If you want to run profit switching, the software just reconfigures the FPGA in a few seconds and then switches algorithms.

The other tremendous gain is the low power consumption.  A high end FPGA card burns around 150-200W and makes $40 to $270 per day.  Which means you can 'live' off mining revenue without a complicated cooling system, 220V circuits, and all the other headaches of GPU's.

Very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing. I have a few questions, but for folks doing searches, the correct part for the Nexys is XC7A200T

So, on to the questions, and please correct me wherever my assumptions are wrong; not an expert in FPGA by an means.

1. The low-end fpga in your example, seems to only come with 512MB 800MHz DDR3, which also means that it would not be able to mine algos that require 2GB of memory or more, correct?
2. Do you have a few high-end fpga example boards to link to?
3. Do you have a working proof-of-concept, what algo is it running, on which board, and is it stable?
4. Further to #3 above, what are the temperatures like at full blast?

wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:23:43 AM

A lot of people have asked me about the FPGA rig that I am building, and make a long story short, I am hoping eventually to release bitstreams for a couple of very common FPGA boards; in this fashion, the average person can just buy one to 30 of these 'stock' FPGA boards, connect them to their PC by USB cables and PCIe-to-USB3 cards, and start mining with the publicly available bitstreams for a 2% fee.  The ROI on high end FPGA boards right now is 15 to 90 days depending on the algorithm and the board.  This setup is almost immune to 'forking', and in my opinion, GPU's will gradually be replaced by FPGA's and I believe stock-hardware FPGA mining with publicly available bitstreams will replace the current set up of stock-GPU's with publicly available mining software.

When the transition from GPU's to FPGA's is complete, true-ASIC rigs will not be that attractive.  They will offer only a moderate hash rate increase, for high risk.

Very very interested. When will you have them ready? And where is it possible to buy those high end fgpa? Thanks!

Other than myself I know of at least two other people who are also working on open-platform FPGA rigs, which means in reality there must be even more than that.  Likely several will be released around the same time.

High end cards are available from digikey.com, avnet.com, hitechglobal.com, bittware.com, xilinx.com.  The lowest end card that can ROI in around 30 days is the $490 Digilent Nexys Video [Xilinx XCA7200T] (available from Digilent.com, Avnet.com, Digikey.com).  However, the Nexys card is limited in which algorithms you can mine, and personally I believe the future of open platform FPGA rigs is in the high end cards which can run almost every altcoin algorithm.  The high end cards cost around $4K to $6K each, which is around the same price of custom mining rigs, with much better ROI's, more flexibility, and none of the 'screw-you-over' attitude of the big mining companies.  With full open access to your own hardware, there are no 'secret' or 'locked' algorithms which are out of your control.

I'm working full time on this project, I might have something publicly available by June or July.

I forked tpruvot's CPU miner, the miner works the same on the command line, with -a specifying the algorithm, and the PC mining software loads the correct bitstream into the FPGA card right before you start mining.  If you want to run profit switching, the software just reconfigures the FPGA in a few seconds and then switches algorithms.

The other tremendous gain is the low power consumption.  A high end FPGA card burns around 150-200W and makes $40 to $270 per day.  Which means you can 'live' off mining revenue without a complicated cooling system, 220V circuits, and all the other headaches of GPU's.

Very interesting indeed, thanks for sharing. I have a few questions, but for folks doing searches, the correct part for the Nexys is XC7A200T

So, on to the questions, and please correct me wherever my assumptions are wrong; not an expert in FPGA by an means.

1. The low-end fpga in your example, seems to only come with 512MB 800MHz DDR3, which also means that it would not be able to mine algos that require 2GB of memory or more, correct?
3. Do you have a working proof-of-concept, what algo is it running, on which board, and is it stable?

Would be interesting to see performance out of Programable gate arrays. To my understanding they tend to consume much more power than ASICs while being more expensive and less powerful.

Would be interesting to see how they fair against a Vega (2kh/s+) and Xeon Phi 7220s & 7250s (3kh/s+).

I like crypto
whitefire990
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:43:53 AM

A lot of people have asked me about the FPGA rig that I am building, and make a long story short, I am hoping eventually to release bitstreams for a couple of very common FPGA boards; in this fashion, the average person can just buy one to 30 of these 'stock' FPGA boards, connect them to their PC by USB cables and PCIe-to-USB3 cards, and start mining with the publicly available bitstreams for a 2% fee.  The ROI on high end FPGA boards right now is 15 to 90 days depending on the algorithm and the board.  This setup is almost immune to 'forking', and in my opinion, GPU's will gradually be replaced by FPGA's and I believe stock-hardware FPGA mining with publicly available bitstreams will replace the current set up of stock-GPU's with publicly available mining software.

When the transition from GPU's to FPGA's is complete, true-ASIC rigs will not be that attractive.  They will offer only a moderate hash rate increase, for high risk.

Other than myself I know of at least two other people who are also working on open-platform FPGA rigs, which means in reality there must be even more than that.  Likely several will be released around the same time.

High end cards are available from digikey.com, avnet.com, hitechglobal.com, bittware.com, xilinx.com.  The lowest end card that can ROI in around 30 days is the $490 Digilent Nexys Video [Xilinx XCA7200T] (available from Digilent.com, Avnet.com, Digikey.com).  However, the Nexys card is limited in which algorithms you can mine, and personally I believe the future of open platform FPGA rigs is in the high end cards which can run almost every altcoin algorithm.  The high end cards cost around $4K to $6K each, which is around the same price of custom mining rigs, with much better ROI's, more flexibility, and none of the 'screw-you-over' attitude of the big mining companies.  With full open access to your own hardware, there are no 'secret' or 'locked' algorithms which are out of your control.

I forked tpruvot's CPU miner, the miner works the same on the command line, with -a specifying the algorithm, and the PC mining software loads the correct bitstream into the FPGA card right before you start mining.  If you want to run profit switching, the software just reconfigures the FPGA in a few seconds and then switches algorithms.

The other tremendous gain is the low power consumption.  A high end FPGA card burns around 150-200W and makes $40 to $270 per day.  Which means you can 'live' off mining revenue without a complicated cooling system, 220V circuits, and all the other headaches of GPU's.

The high end board I am developing on has 64GB of DDR4 and there are 8 boards in the rig (512GB), however another board I am working with has 288MB of QDRII+ RAM which is way faster than DDR4/GDDR for random access.  Still, generally the best ROI is for algorithms that are not that memory intensive and can be done internally on the FPGA without external memory accesses.

I am building hash functions one by one (functions, not algorithms, like X11 = 11 different hash functions), and no, I have not finished enough hash functions to run a full multi-function algorithm yet.  However based on the speed of the individual hash functions it is possible to calculate the hash rate of the full chain well in advance.

Anyway, time to get back to work.

yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:44:49 AM

A lot of people have asked me about the FPGA rig that I am building, and make a long story short, I am hoping eventually to release bitstreams for a couple of very common FPGA boards; in this fashion, the average person can just buy one to 30 of these 'stock' FPGA boards, connect them to their PC by USB cables and PCIe-to-USB3 cards, and start mining with the publicly available bitstreams for a 2% fee.  The ROI on high end FPGA boards right now is 15 to 90 days depending on the algorithm and the board.  This setup is almost immune to 'forking', and in my opinion, GPU's will gradually be replaced by FPGA's and I believe stock-hardware FPGA mining with publicly available bitstreams will replace the current set up of stock-GPU's with publicly available mining software.

When the transition from GPU's to FPGA's is complete, true-ASIC rigs will not be that attractive.  They will offer only a moderate hash rate increase, for high risk.

Other than myself I know of at least two other people who are also working on open-platform FPGA rigs, which means in reality there must be even more than that.  Likely several will be released around the same time.

High end cards are available from digikey.com, avnet.com, hitechglobal.com, bittware.com, xilinx.com.  The lowest end card that can ROI in around 30 days is the $490 Digilent Nexys Video [Xilinx XCA7200T] (available from Digilent.com, Avnet.com, Digikey.com).  However, the Nexys card is limited in which algorithms you can mine, and personally I believe the future of open platform FPGA rigs is in the high end cards which can run almost every altcoin algorithm.  The high end cards cost around $4K to $6K each, which is around the same price of custom mining rigs, with much better ROI's, more flexibility, and none of the 'screw-you-over' attitude of the big mining companies.  With full open access to your own hardware, there are no 'secret' or 'locked' algorithms which are out of your control.

I forked tpruvot's CPU miner, the miner works the same on the command line, with -a specifying the algorithm, and the PC mining software loads the correct bitstream into the FPGA card right before you start mining.  If you want to run profit switching, the software just reconfigures the FPGA in a few seconds and then switches algorithms.

The other tremendous gain is the low power consumption.  A high end FPGA card burns around 150-200W and makes $40 to $270 per day.  Which means you can 'live' off mining revenue without a complicated cooling system, 220V circuits, and all the other headaches of GPU's.

Would be interesting to see performance out of Programable gate arrays. To my understanding they tend to consume much more power than ASICs while being more expensive and less powerful.

Would be interesting to see how they fair against a Vega (2kh/s+) and Xeon Phi 7220s & 7250s (3kh/s+).

Yes you are right, FPGAs consumes more power , slow performance and expensive than ASICs but to my understanding that FPGAs are also somewhat like a prototypes for ASIC design. FPGAs are more flexible to design and then the ASIC is the final product. There were an attempt before long ago to run an FPGA miner for bitcoin, but it was discontinued due to high cost for single mining.
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:41:31 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 04:09:49 PM by oomurashin

asicminermarket skype:First of all, I sincerely apologize to you.
Because our mistakes have brought you a lot of inconvenience and some economic losses.
For this reason, I sincerely apologize to you again.
 In order to express our sincerity, you can purchase 3 GNs with 3800USD.
 We hope you can send me the full name of your consignee and the receiving country of the order.
I will give you a correct tracking number.

WTF??? they also steal my 3800USD?Huh Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

just now they send me new FAKE NUMBER   Grin Grin Grin

UPDATE: they send me CORRECT NUMBER, its seems they shipped today. lol
UPDATE: DHL stats still were pic up  Grin Grin Grin
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 08:28:12 AM

Today I've got msg from DHL my Gaint N is in customs clearance...

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
alizali

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:53:40 AM

so you would be the first person who plug in this GN and test it in this topic
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 09:45:52 AM

Planned delivery is 27 March...
They wrote on the box 150 USD for those who want to lower the invoice price... They could told me that before I've do the paper work with 800 USD  Roll Eyes  Grin

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:09:27 AM

Something like this;)

https://subutai.io/router.html

Looks like it’s time to dump graphics cards. 😢

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
oomurashin

Activity: 195
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:56:17 PM

Planned delivery is 27 March...
They wrote on the box 150 USD for those who want to lower the invoice price... They could told me that before I've do the paper work with 800 USD  Roll Eyes  Grin
Are you thinking of reordering? Huh  it seem to be able to buy three at the price of two.

By the way, I found something like this in asicminermarket.com .
https://asicminermarket.com/product/1600watt-miner-psu/
You can buy this for 30 USD with this coupon. DHL Free shipping. Grin Grin Grin
100$ coupon: 2018100GIANTN
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 04:13:58 PM

Are you thinking of reordering? Huh  it seem to be able to buy three at the price of two.

By the way, I found something like this in asicminermarket.com .
https://asicminermarket.com/product/1600watt-miner-psu/
You can buy this for 30 USD with this coupon. DHL Free shipping. Grin Grin Grin
100$ coupon: 2018100GIANTN
Let me think about it, I've asked when I paid the same amount and not get shipped the miner on time if I get the 1 free too, no respond. I've got not working tracking number, I need to pay for customs clearance and the miner probably won't be updated for the POW changes... HELL NO!
https://media1.tenor.com/images/a8b0a72b4d23609c7f30b3ff2c3e9095/tenor.gif

Since the miner need 60W and Baikal advices 12V and 10A, you are fine with some LED power supply or any cheap PSU even if we find a way to OC this little bastard.

leoparddrank

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:15:27 PM

did anyone test it yet ?
price dropped to 1900 usd directly from baikal
Freddy973

Activity: 163
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:18:15 PM

Hi
Someone know if this baikal N can be upgraded to mine monero and other cryptonight coins after the fork?
Otherway will become faster a nice door stopper

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2018, 07:26:22 PM

My take on the Giant N + upcoming XMR hardfork for anyone interested

https://youtu.be/Y9SNLrl3avY

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
neoBp

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:50:12 PM

Just got the email.

--------------------------------

Hi,
Sorry for delay.
Thank you for your contacting.
 Three types of sale. (shipping charge not included)
Giant-N:
  -Price: 1900usd each
  -Delivery: within 7 working days after received your payment
  -MOQ: 4 units
  -Payment: USD bank transfer

Giant-B/ Giant-X10:
-Price: 2699usd each
-Delivery: Within 7 working days after received your payment
-MOQ: 2 units
-Payment: USD bank transfer

Shipping will be DHL/UPS. Waybill could be provided once we sent the miner from email.
Power supply: We never sell PSU. We would recommend you to buy PSU from your local market or online shop like amazon.
Please let me know which product you are interest.
Any questions please let me know.

BEST regards.

BAIKAL miner

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!

Web: www.baikalminer.com 丨 Skype: baikalminer

Email:baikal@baikalminer.com  丨 Facebook: @baikalminer.offical
ruplikminer

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:15:57 PM

Baikal have the worst customer service ever.

First they states they wants ONLY Bank wire usd payments.

Then they writes they accepts ONLY bank wires usd payments from COMPANY accounts

Then they writes they accept ONLY payments from BTC/LTC accounts and no bank payment anymore.

Now they wrote me they will accept the bank wire from company account but I must wait monday.

I bet at Baikal there is just one CN guy replying at thousands of emails and not even seaprking/reading english correctly.  Can you imagine the panick?
Wananavu99

Activity: 345
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 09:19:54 PM

Very cool, please keep us posted on whether this is FPGA or not. 
crypto4pizza

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:58:07 PM

Hi
Someone know if this baikal N can be upgraded to mine monero and other cryptonight coins after the fork?
Otherway will become faster a nice door stopper

The price action from Baikal continually lowering the price is probably telling that it can't be upgraded for the fork... I seriously doubt they would keep dropping the price if they thought there was a possibility.
wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:11:47 AM

Something like this;)

https://subutai.io/router.html

Looks like it’s time to dump graphics cards. 😢

BR

Lmao 21Mh/s for 350 USD? You're joking right? That thing is not doing anything to GPUs lol.  Specially not when AMD is already working on 7nm Navi GPUs for next year.

I like crypto
stash2coin

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:49:49 AM

You missed that bit,
up to 21 Million hashes with the current design at 18 watts which is 440%-1083% more efficient than equivalent GPU cards on the market.
and dont count on AMD for big bump in speeds.

Back in the days i started designing my own fpga board for bitcoin mining but appropriate fpga chips were difficult to find and also ASICs came out. But maybe its time to start the project again, hope public bitstreams for fpga will be available dont mind paying devfee.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: