Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:07:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: litecoin dead ?  (Read 49298 times)
D357@RG

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:30:54 AM

litecoin dead ?

I'd thought so.  Recently we're receiving a number of unsolicited inquires from parties interested to buy and hold LTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:56:58 AM

litecoin dead ?

I'd thought so.  Recently we're receiving a number of unsolicited inquires from parties interested to buy and hold LTC.

What?  Why don't these parties just, you know, buy LTC on the open market.  There's millions of dollars worth available for sale.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:58:25 AM

Its alive, its going to hit $10 at this rate....

That's like saying:  it's gonna hit $100 at this rate.

lol.

BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:31:14 PM

Its alive, its going to hit $10 at this rate....

That's like saying:  it's gonna hit $100 at this rate.

lol.

No, its going to hit $1000 at this rate....
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:36:46 PM

Can't we all just get along  Grin the idea that litecoin gaining traction and price will impact bitcoins price is an old out of date 2012 notion, with litecoin being added to many exchanges in china for instance any previous bottleneck in turning fiat directly into litecoin will be removed. Without that dynamic in play why would there be any strong objections to Litecoin. Having a successful altcoin or two besides Bitcoin adds weight to the class of cryptocurrency as a whole, rather than making Bitcoin look like a zany experiment that can't be replicated to the world at large a few cryptocurrency "alternatives" is just that a few options in a new and exciting developing class of border-less currency.

Litecoin what can you do with it ? ......pfffttt where have I heard that before, calling Litecoin dead is so shortsighted sounds like sounds like I've just got out of the tardis in Bitcoin 2011.

Bitrated user: Mick.
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 05:11:43 PM

Let's look at the past few months.
http://ltc.block-explorer.com/charts
BTC/LTC: slowly decreasing (making it better to have held BTC, no matter what you say about fiat value)

But much more important:
Number of transactions: slowly decreasing.
Difficulty: stopped increasing and locally varying (multipools?).

And pretty please, do not make a case about "but XXX in the last YYY hours".

calling Litecoin dead is so shortsighted sounds like sounds like I've just got out of the tardis in Bitcoin 2011.
Not the same people nor the same reasons, but this has been said a thousand times.

this will be my last post on this worthless thread, you still didn't answer my question, what is the point ? why you keep coming and repeating the same thing over and over ? I am sure that everyone who've read this thread got your point, and yet people still invest into Litecoin, do you really want to change that ? if yes then you are really doing it the wrong way, you have literary beat the shit out of people to make them change their mind Wink

now again, don't you have better things to do ? oh I forgot that this is the best you can do, you are paid to troll, so good job, you already deserved your money , carry on ....
QuantPlus

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 05:13:15 PM

Can't we all just get along  Grin the idea that litecoin gaining traction and price will impact bitcoins price is an old out of date 2012 notion, with litecoin being added to many exchanges in china for instance any previous bottleneck in turning fiat directly into litecoin will be removed. Without that dynamic in play why would there be any strong objections to Litecoin. Having a successful altcoin or two besides Bitcoin adds weight to the class of cryptocurrency as a whole, rather than making Bitcoin look like a zany experiment that can't be replicated to the world at large a few cryptocurrency "alternatives" is just that a few options in a new and exciting developing class of border-less currency.

Litecoin what can you do with it ? ......pfffttt where have I heard that before, calling Litecoin dead is so shortsighted sounds like sounds like I've just got out of the tardis in Bitcoin 2011.

Nice post.

As I write this, LTC Cap has doubled to $107,000,000 = not dead.

These BTC spikes separate the winners/losers in Alt Space...
PPC has surpassed $12 million and is a solid #3...
WDC passes $1 million and moves into #8...
CGB has rocketed to #13.

The quality Alts should welcome volatility.
r00tbg

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 05:44:40 PM

Litecoin dead? Hell NO!
3 of 6 big chinese exchanges already trade Litecoin.
CEO of btc china is the brother of the founder of Litecoin
Why do you think there will be support for LTC?
rampalija

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 05:49:57 PM

Litecoin dead? Hell NO!

LTC is dieing you will see in couple of days

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 05:50:43 PM

Litecoin dead? Hell NO!
Nobody really cares that much about litecoin. Only for profiting.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 06:20:43 PM

Exchanges do not provide usefulness to coins outside of speculation domain. Speculators count in millions worldwide, not billions. Get my drift?
Exchanges only provide means for investors to put money into a coin for the sake of profiting, not supporting it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 06:22:25 PM

very dead yes...with a 100 Mio USD market cap  Wink

skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:26:25 PM

There is not a single good reason to put 2 times more money into LTC miners' pockets. Did LTC difficulty followed the trend, e.g. did miners
went out and bought enough hardware to double their LTC hashrates? No! So it is all, as said few times earlier, about speculation which as
an side-effect makes current LTC miners richer. They make 2 times more money than before and that's it. In a same way (speculation) LTC
market cap could be increased to $10+ billions but without real use of LTC the only ones profiting are smart speculators and miners. Pretty
much like mining UNO while difficulty is 10k or less and dumping it on exchange, or buying it for cheap and then putting sale orders at 200%
of buying price. One can make nice profits there ... and?

LTC is nowhere near dead but it is becoming less and less useful every week. That is what matters. At some point, if LTC usefulness drops
even lower, other altcoins will come to light as a way better alternatives to BTC. PrimeCoin = 1 minute block time, neither SHA nor Scrypt,
mining it actualy produces useful side-effects, actively developed by known dev. All in all, when compared with XPM, LTC is an old tech. All
aces LTC community were pulling all this years (different algo, faster, more coins total) are no longer important. There are much better deals.
Difficulty has nothing to do with the price of a coin, not for Bitcoin and not for Litecoin. Difficulty however will catch on with the price because a lot of the Litecoin miners where actually mining with a loss so a lot of them quit, the second group will come back and in the meantime the first one deserve the extra value. Wink

Less and less useful? Compared to which alt coin exactly? Bitcoin and Litecoin are actually the only coins I ever used to pay things with. Never had the option to pay with any other coin. You expect to see Primecoin next month on all major exchanges, payment processors build for it and merchants accepting it? Litecoin is on it's way for all that but you think that magically out of the blue people will think "nah, old tech lets switch to another coin". I guess I better also sell all my Bitcoins before the others realize it is old tech. Roll Eyes

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 09:31:08 PM

Litecoin dead? Hell NO!

Yeah that's what people told me many times about Bitcoin too, glad I never listened. Tongue

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:39:17 PM

Litecoin dead? Hell NO!

Yeah that's what people told me many times about Bitcoin too, glad I never listened. Tongue

These guys don't know what they are talking about, maybe missed cheaper LTC or invested in another coin and see Litecoin as a threat to there believed coin. Best way is to ignore them
QuantPlus

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:58:51 PM

There is not a single good reason to put 2 times more money into LTC miners' pockets. Did LTC difficulty followed the trend, e.g. did miners
went out and bought enough hardware to double their LTC hashrates? No! So it is all, as said few times earlier, about speculation which as
an side-effect makes current LTC miners richer. They make 2 times more money than before and that's it. In a same way (speculation) LTC
market cap could be increased to $10+ billions but without real use of LTC the only ones profiting are smart speculators and miners. Pretty
much like mining UNO while difficulty is 10k or less and dumping it on exchange, or buying it for cheap and then putting sale orders at 200%
of buying price. One can make nice profits there ... and?

LTC is nowhere near dead but it is becoming less and less useful every week. That is what matters. At some point, if LTC usefulness drops
even lower, other altcoins will come to light as a way better alternatives to BTC. PrimeCoin = 1 minute block time, neither SHA nor Scrypt,
mining it actualy produces useful side-effects, actively developed by known dev. All in all, when compared with XPM, LTC is an old tech. All
aces LTC community were pulling all this years (different algo, faster, more coins total) are no longer important. There are much better deals.
Difficulty has nothing to do with the price of a coin, not for Bitcoin and not for Litecoin. Difficulty however will catch on with the price because a lot of the Litecoin miners where actually mining with a loss so a lot of them quit, the second group will come back and in the meantime the first one deserve the extra value. Wink

Less and less useful? Compared to which alt coin exactly? Bitcoin and Litecoin are actually the only coins I ever used to pay things with. Never had the option to pay with any other coin. You expect to see Primecoin next month on all major exchanges, payment processors build for it and merchants accepting it? Litecoin is on it's way for all that but you think that magically out of the blue people will think "nah, old tech lets switch to another coin". I guess I better also sell all my Bitcoins before the others realize it is old tech. Roll Eyes

Bitcoin is a highly centralized, ultra-volatile commodity with a very low velocity...
Monopolized by early adopters, rich miners, and hoarders.

If you just look at volatilty...
It would be like running the US economy on sugar or gas futures.

SO  IT'S  NEVER  GONNA  HAPPEN.

That means Bitcoin has no real advantage over any of the Alts...
And the Gen 2.0 Crypto that will change the world probably has not been launched yet.

Keep your eye on those launches. Look for innovation.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:59:05 AM

Actually the LTC difficulty has more than doubled in the last 3 months or so, as 500 was the norm for the longest time, now it bounces between 1000-1200.  The price was just really slow to catch up, as there were a few hick-ups along the way, not that BTC didn't have the same problems.  Difficulty went up from 11 mil to 300 mil, yet the price had dropped to the $80 mark for a while.  Now both currencies have gotten over loosing their biggest drug trading sites, and the prices are both going up finally.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:11:46 AM

Dead as a doornail. Now hop on btc quick!

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 02:16:57 AM

Actually the LTC difficulty has more than doubled in the last 3 months or so, as 500 was the norm for the longest time, now it bounces between 1000-1200.  The price was just really slow to catch up, as there were a few hick-ups along the way, not that BTC didn't have the same problems.  Difficulty went up from 11 mil to 300 mil, yet the price had dropped to the $80 mark for a while.  Now both currencies have gotten over loosing their biggest drug trading sites, and the prices are both going up finally.

This Litecoin bounce is temporary.  As Bitcoin blows past $500 and higher most alt coins will get slaughtered, but especially Scrypts, including Litecoin.

There will be another crypto rising up next year but it won't be Litecoin.  I bet it will be a coin most least expect and thus most will miss the boat.

How fitting...

Vivisector999

Activity: 541

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 02:32:09 AM

I still don't see the reasoning behind why you think if BTC takes off, that all other alts will be suddenly crushed.  In my mind it's going to be the other way around.  Actually having a crypto-currency take off, and having thousands of additional users will mean only good things for alts.  A few might make it into more places of business, and if the price of BTC did spike, a lot of the population will be annoyed dealing with 0.00002 of a currency unit.  Sure there is the Satoshi to deal with it, but it will open it up for some other alts for day to day purchases.

And NO Vlad, not every non-technical person is going to run out and purchase an ASIC miner, and start using BTC.  Since ASIC's have arrived, mining BTC is slowly slipping more and more out of the individual hands and it's going big business.  Another reason a lot of people are behind the smaller alts.  It's kind of funny watching something that was created to shut down big business controlling them/their money, only to watch the same people bow down to the dollar when money starts coming in. 

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: