Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:36:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:24:31 AM

if they start shipping in a day , everybody here will look like an assclown with al that reporting talk
Yeah, and if there really IS a UFO at Roswell I'd look pretty stupid for doubting that as well  Roll Eyes
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 11:29:11 AM

if they start shipping in a day , everybody here will look like an assclown with al that reporting talk
Yeah, and if there really IS a UFO at Roswell I'd look pretty stupid for doubting that as well  Roll Eyes

i asked the chupacabra and they will ship my asic tomorrow

ph111

Activity: 270

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 11:33:36 AM

Keep dreaming bumface  Angry
retro72

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:21:09 PM

Now I know you're lying. Both the Chupacabra and Bigfoot told me they were shipping on Thursday. Well not shipping, Scottie from Star Trek was going to beam them straight into your living room once they got the Dilithium crystals working  Cheesy
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:23:15 PM

Anyone get their tracking number yet?..........snigger  Smiley

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:34:22 PM

I don't see the CC setup as promising, I see it as a bit frightening. Who says they won't take even more money, fail even harder, and/or simply declare bankruptcy and vanish?

Anyone who uses it to give them money.. you either have some huge kahunas or you're really dumb.

retro72

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:38:12 PM

I don't see the CC setup as promising, I see it as a bit frightening. Who says they won't take even more money, fail even harder, and/or simply declare bankruptcy and vanish?

Anyone who uses it to give them money.. you either have some huge kahunas or you're really dumb.
I couldn't have said it better myself.
bumface

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 12:49:21 PM

Now I know you're lying. Both the Chupacabra and Bigfoot told me they were shipping on Thursday. Well not shipping, Scottie from Star Trek was going to beam them straight into your living room once they got the Dilithium crystals working  Cheesy

lucaing

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 12:59:54 PM

Breaking news...

https://alpha-t.net/news/payment-processor-update-15072014/

:\
retro72

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:00:46 PM

option to pay with credit cards is now available. The following card types are accepted:

- Visa

- MasterCard

- American Express

- Discover

- Diners

- JCB

Additionally, some electronic (debit) cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo can be processed. Please be advised that in order to process your card, the name and billing address that you have set in the “My Account” area *must* correspond with the details of your card. Due to security measures, we cannot process your card if there is a different name and/or address associated with the card you’re trying to use, so please double check that your details are correct before trying to pay the invoice with your card. The shipping address can be different, this will cause no issue at all; but the billing address has to be exact and can be changed in your account area. We understand that this might be inconvenient for you should you have to pay multiple invoices, but for enhanced security purposes: we do not store your credit card details on our servers, and as such you must enter your CC details (number, expiration, CVV/CSC) manually for every invoice you wish to pay for. For your safety, it is always recommended to check that the address bar in your browser is green and shows “Alpha Technology (INT) Ltd” and that the address starts with “https://alpha-t.net/checkout”. Should you have any problems paying with your credit card contact us on payments@alpha-t.net and please never e-mail us your credit card details. Be advised that credit card acceptance depends on passing the mandatory fraud check of the credit card vendors themselves, called 3-D Secure. This check is done automatically in the background and requires no input or any action from your side. Please note that using a proxy server may adversely affect the fraud check. We thank you for your patience whilst we were working on adding the ability to accept credit cards and apologize for the delay on this.

Quick update on development, we are finalizing our systems to accommodate the ASIC so as soon as the chips arrive the boards will be ready and we will be able to produce a prototype to demonstrate for you. We are aware it is half way through July (and passed our best case scenario date) and hope to be able to give you a shipping date as soon as possible so stay tuned.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram

Managing Director

Alpha just posted this in their News section. Relevant BS in red

So no chips then and "hope to be able to give you a shipping date as soon as possible". WOW

Anyone else got a feeling once they have received enough money to pay for the chips they'll apologise for not shipping in July, blame their customers for wanting more hashing speed and announce that they are "on track" for a Q3 delivery as stated in their T&Cs. Then sit back as you wave your money and ROI goodbye.
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:09:40 PM

option to pay with credit cards is now available. The following card types are accepted:

- Visa

- MasterCard

- American Express

- Discover

- Diners

- JCB

Additionally, some electronic (debit) cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo can be processed. Please be advised that in order to process your card, the name and billing address that you have set in the “My Account” area *must* correspond with the details of your card. Due to security measures, we cannot process your card if there is a different name and/or address associated with the card you’re trying to use, so please double check that your details are correct before trying to pay the invoice with your card. The shipping address can be different, this will cause no issue at all; but the billing address has to be exact and can be changed in your account area. We understand that this might be inconvenient for you should you have to pay multiple invoices, but for enhanced security purposes: we do not store your credit card details on our servers, and as such you must enter your CC details (number, expiration, CVV/CSC) manually for every invoice you wish to pay for. For your safety, it is always recommended to check that the address bar in your browser is green and shows “Alpha Technology (INT) Ltd” and that the address starts with “https://alpha-t.net/checkout”. Should you have any problems paying with your credit card contact us on payments@alpha-t.net and please never e-mail us your credit card details. Be advised that credit card acceptance depends on passing the mandatory fraud check of the credit card vendors themselves, called 3-D Secure. This check is done automatically in the background and requires no input or any action from your side. Please note that using a proxy server may adversely affect the fraud check. We thank you for your patience whilst we were working on adding the ability to accept credit cards and apologize for the delay on this.

Quick update on development, we are finalizing our systems to accommodate the ASIC so as soon as the chips arrive the boards will be ready and we will be able to produce a prototype to demonstrate for you. We are aware it is half way through July (and passed our best case scenario date) and hope to be able to give you a shipping date as soon as possible so stay tuned.

Best Regards,

Mohammed Akram

Managing Director

Alpha just posted this in their News section. Relevant BS in red

So no chips then and "hope to be able to give you a shipping date as soon as possible". WOW

Anyone else got a feeling once they have received enough money to pay for the chips they'll apologise for not shipping in July, blame their customers for wanting more hashing speed and announce that they are "on track" for a Q3 delivery as stated in their T&Cs.

Wow, after almost a month of silence they expect us to line up to pay the remaining 70% now? Why don't they post some pics/videos of their almost final devices?

Well, I guess the time has come to cancel my order and start some claims with mastercard.

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
bumface

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:15:13 PM

i really dont care about anything except getting the asic,and if they turn out to be a legitimate company i commend them for not responding to trolling. It might be wise to respond to some heavyer acusations and people who are reporting them to any and all agencys they can find, if this turns out to be legit, then that is seriously damaging to them and gives alot of unnesecairy work to those agencys.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:17:34 PM

Best-case shipping date was July? Oh on the contrary, for day 1 people the best case was May/June, with a guaranteed-by of July.

My, how things shift. And I believe the others are correct, they'll likely be aiming for late August shipping. This goes back to what was discussed awhile back, they likely ran low on funds, and need the remaining funds to buy chips (either theirs from Drexel who claims they have no business with AT, or someone elses' chips) and then setup hardware to use the chips.

I would hope they already have all of the supporting equipment designed an in-house .... but why wouldn't they post about it if they did? Good luck to anyone stupid/brave enough to complete their orders, hopefully you get your gear.

And bumface, AT did this to themselves. Nobody could possibly harm them more than they did already. You can't possibly do more damage to a company who has shoved its crotch in the face of its customers and cursed them out, and then banned many of them (some who were just asking simple questions about how to complete payment) from the customer-service forum.

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:17:39 PM

So, as suspected, they've dropped the ball, say they can't ship, and can't give an estimated date of when they'll ship.

Can't say it comes as a shocker at this point.

It's hilarious how they make a big announcement about even more ways of taking your money, then almost as a sidenote near the bottom say they still haven't finished the units.

They haven't even built a prototype yet. The product doesn't exist.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
retro72

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:07:55 PM

So, as suspected, they've dropped the ball, say they can't ship, and can't give an estimated date of when they'll ship.

Can't say it comes as a shocker at this point.

It's hilarious how they make a big announcement about even more ways of taking your money, then almost as a sidenote near the bottom say they still haven't finished the units.

They haven't even built a prototype yet. The product doesn't exist.
QFMT.

What's staggering is that, if you look at the Alpha forum, people are actually giving them more money now the CC option is available. It's not surprising the financial system almost collapsed when people this stupid are given access to credit.
Phorna

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:15:11 PM

Anyone else got a feeling once they have received enough money to pay for the chips they'll apologise for not shipping in July, blame their customers for wanting more hashing speed and announce that they are "on track" for a Q3 delivery as stated in their T&Cs. Then sit back as you wave your money and ROI goodbye.

If they still want to deliver their own chips they need at least 3 months - or rather more. So far every company that has started in this business got less hashing power and higher electricity consumption than initially expected. There were months of firmware tuning and several PCB revisions since the first prototype. Alpha-T would be the first company to get everything right at the very first approach.

More likely they want to wait few months and buy some OEM chips (or even whole mniers) from other companies - Innosilicon A2 chips seem to be the most compatible with their promises at the moment.

bumface

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 02:26:16 PM

Best-case shipping date was July? Oh on the contrary, for day 1 people the best case was May/June, with a guaranteed-by of July.

My, how things shift. And I believe the others are correct, they'll likely be aiming for late August shipping. This goes back to what was discussed awhile back, they likely ran low on funds, and need the remaining funds to buy chips (either theirs from Drexel who claims they have no business with AT, or someone elses' chips) and then setup hardware to use the chips.

I would hope they already have all of the supporting equipment designed an in-house .... but why wouldn't they post about it if they did? Good luck to anyone stupid/brave enough to complete their orders, hopefully you get your gear.

And bumface, AT did this to themselves. Nobody could possibly harm them more than they did already. You can't possibly do more damage to a company who has shoved its crotch in the face of its customers and cursed them out, and then banned many of them (some who were just asking simple questions about how to complete payment) from the customer-service forum.

all im saying is, its too early to know for sure whats going on, and reporting them to agencys must be viewed as a last resort when we are 100% sure its a scam, that word is used way to loosely in this crypto scene. a delay is not a scam.a scam is a criminal endeavour where no product ever existed.i still give them the benefit of the doubt.and maybe i just refuse to loose the investment ^_^

Phorna

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:35:00 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 03:01:58 PM by Phorna

all im saying is, its too early to know for sure whats going on

There is one more thing.

Alpha viper 252 Mh - 36 chips * 5 boards = 180 chips
Declared power consumption - 1875 W
Declared single chip hashing power - 1,4 Mh
Declared chip technology - 40 nm

So chip consumes ca. 7,44 W / Mh

On the other hand the most efficient innosilicon 28 nm chip takes 7,64 W / Mh.

Alpha has to be truly the best!  Roll Eyes Simply a revelation in electronic industry!

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:06:08 PM

All I can say is: no chippie no monnie.  Cheesy

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:42:00 PM

I believe Alpha Technology gave 2 weeks from the time of a payment processor being set up (mentioned a month ago or more) to have to pay. And even then they didn't sound fixed.
Considering they spent extra to get the chips sooner, I would hope they have the chips any day now. It has been a while. Does anyone remember when they initiated the order?
We are in a really tight window, as any prior ASIC miner knows. Each weak the value of the miner drops a substantial percentage due to the rising difficulty level.

In light of all that has happened (or not) over the last month, I see no reason to send payment until they get the chips and are shipping.
And if that isn't in the next two weeks, I am not sure it even makes financial sense.
Even right now, I'm not sure what the chances of breaking even are. Has anyone run some estimations?

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: