Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:15:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 07:52:55 PM

update please.

with concrete information such as pictures of components or hashing prototype, shipping dates,what caused the delay

i have asked people to remain reasonable here, but if your gonna say update within a day and then there is no update after 2 , then i dont know what you are doing over there. My patience is growing thin

How long can you remain reasonable for? Alpha already crossed the line, habitually.
DannyAves

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:01:34 PM

Scam:
Ya, They just banned me for pointing out to stay in business they need to be more competitive. There is a competitor (which I didn't mention on their forums), Zoom hash, that is Delivering TODAY same has for half the price. So ya... they banned me for this. And I've already paid them in full... Now I can't even READ their forums and updates. Do NOT buy from these people.
Yes, I got banned too because I said that mining now was better than mining in the future. And if you want to read their forums just remove and block their cookies.
cdog

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:18:28 PM

Its not a scam, there is nothing criminal, in my opinion. Alpha just bit off way more than they could chew, as they have no expertise or experience in industrial engineering and chip fabrication.

This is fairly cutting edge technology and while it may all look easy on paper, actually making a chip, boards, case, software, etc and bringing it to market is not easy. Forget timing and pricing.

BFL is way better capitalized and has experience making ASICs, yet look at their most recent fiasco with the Monarch line. Its going to ship over a year late, at least. Thats a company with huge resources.

Alpha is just a couple guys. You cant just take engineering 101, get some crowdfunding, place one call to India and expect to get rich. Only a total neophyte would believe it could be so easy.

Being naive and ambitious isnt a crime. Now if it turns out they moved some money around to themselves via a shell game and didnt actually spend it developing Vipers, maybe crimes were committed.

I dont know, Im not a lawyer. But from our perspective, whether its total incompetence, criminal negligence, or actually a scam start to finish - is irrelevant.

Its very likely if not assured yet that any investment made into Alpha is a total loss. The fact that they still monitor the boards is fairly encouraging, as they havent simply gone off the radar entirely - yet.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:47:23 PM

You know guys, it is possible that they did receive the chips, and did build the gear... and are mining with the gear, and will mine with it until it's not worth anything to them, and then ship. Which is what BFL did with its first 2 generations of gear, and what KNC did with part of its gear.

gushes

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 08:59:13 PM

You know guys, it is possible that they did receive the chips, and did build the gear... and are mining with the gear, and will mine with it until it's not worth anything to them, and then ship. Which is what BFL did with its first 2 generations of gear, and what KNC did with part of its gear.

Doubtful: They would have released pictures, just to quiet ppl down.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:12:01 PM

Doubtful: They would have released pictures, just to quiet ppl down.

BFL never did ... except to show prototypes and talk about hashrates. Similar pattern. Still, it's just one idea. The more likely is the most simplistic: they simply crumbled under their own project.

Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:57:41 PM

What Fiaz is really busy with:

http://imgur.com/mTRLd3k
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:05:28 PM

is this legit or another scam?

Their silence on the important questions is very telling.

Actions speak louder.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Phorna

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:16:24 PM

http://imgur.com/xEQaXnt

And guess what... it was deleted. Fiaz just can't post an update because he is to busy with deleting posts on their own forum. Someone still believes this jerk?
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:24:11 PM

And guess what... it was deleted. Fiaz just can't post an update because he is to busy with deleting posts on their own forum. Someone still believes this jerk?
They were both deleted. I think we'll have a couple of new additions to our growing band soon.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 11:52:28 PM

Fiaz double speak: ( https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=813.25 Will Alpha inform customers if things go wrong)

Sorry the update will be released any day now. I originally said it should be tomorrow so it's not to say because it wasn't it wont be announced ever.

and, in a lame attempt to get people to look on the bright side of things ...

I haven't been saying there will be an update any day now for months…

So basically, just because he hasn't published the update yet doesn't mean he won't ever do it … so what's the problem ?

And if that doesn't make you happy, keep in mind that it has been months since Fiaz promised an update any day now … (so you guys should be happy you at least got a promise of an update)

ANYBODY FEELING HAPPY YET ?

s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2014, 11:59:58 PM

Tomorrow

Soon

Any day now

Sometime soon

Sometime

Not never

I forgot what I wanted to tell you now … oh yeah ...

Let me introduce you to the new customer relations manager

New guy: thank you so much Fiaz and  good luck with your new job

New guy: Don't hold me to anything Fiaz said. He was unreliable.

Update ?

What update ?

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:00:13 AM

They were both deleted. I think we'll have a couple of new additions to our growing band soon.

Considering how old some of the threads are over there along with the posts that have been deleted, it doesn't seam like the Alpha Tech forums are a collection of civil people.  It looks more like a ghost town.  Anyone and everyone that is vocal has been eliminated and are over here posting.

HOw long before Fiaz and crew start installing sock puppet accounts to make it seem like everything is fine and dandy over there and there are customers that support Alpah Tech's decisions to not meet competition and delay shipping.  I see some people actually posting that kind of drivel over here as well as on Alpha Tech.

Well only 5 days left before the vipers start shipping right?

maybe Alpah Techs chips will wash up on a beach somewhere.  One can hope....

anderl

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:06:08 AM

Saving it before fiaz deletes it.  We need to start archiving these.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:21:54 AM

Being naive and ambitious isnt a crime.

True. But making false promises that you can't deliver on in a timely manner is essentially fraud. Although things can go wrong during development of a product if you do not communicate those details effectively to your customers you are in essence hanging yourself with the rope you were given to build a bridge.

Refunds are a fundamental part of the customer/merchant relationship especially when it involves great distances between the two and the transaction happened online.

Just because AT says "our ToS disallows refunds after a certain point" but doesn't deliver on the product ordered in a timely manner doesn't justify that claim and make it legally factual.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

gushes

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:22:43 AM

Yes, I'm a paying customer.  I was banned from forums I *PAID FOR* for stating that the 50/250 for the price we already paid isn't competitive... Not even close.  Zoomhash has products arriving in as little as *TWO* business days from order that is the is half the price per Mh.  I wasn't offensive, I didn't list zoomhash by name.  I didn't demand.  I simply stated if Alpha wants to sell a second batch, the first batch customer need to be happy.  To be happy they must get something that is competitive to the market as it is today.  [If the things even ship this week... Which I highly doubt]
anderl

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 12:43:21 AM

Being naive and ambitious isnt a crime.

True. But making false promises that you can't deliver on in a timely manner is essentially fraud. Although things can go wrong during development of a product if you do not communicate those details effectively to your customers you are in essence hanging yourself with the rope you were given to build a bridge.

Refunds are a fundamental part of the customer/merchant relationship especially when it involves great distances between the two and the transaction happened online.

Just because AT says "our ToS disallows refunds after a certain point" but doesn't deliver on the product ordered in a timely manner doesn't justify that claim and make it legally factual.

My new asic company will deliver 100GHs script miners for $2300.00 by August 31st guaranteed.  If I fail to deliver by August 31st or the miners do not hash at 100GHs or better then you get $300 of your money back.  I also offer full refunds. 

You can trust me because it is in my ToS.  Also my ToS is subject to change.
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:18:34 AM

Well that is indeed a novel approach, attack while they are fast asleep. No doubt Fiaz Malik is fast asleep deep in dream about what to do with all the filthy lucre. What a lovely surprise he will have on the morrow when he awakens, and what a miserable night of not sleeping the next night, and the next and the one after that and after that.......
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 02:56:09 AM

Saving it before fiaz deletes it.  We need to start archiving these.

Tell me about it ...the most telling way I was banned was about the time when DEXEL removed alpha from their page etc

also deafening silence...end of June I think it was ..like after their 6/20 update I think...anyway....

posted on here I was concerned because no prototype...no chip no news on tapeout...and the usual stuff here again back then we were just 'asking'
were not if I remember correctly 'over the top' as we are now when things are obviously going down hill

so essentially I was spot on with the questions....unsure of the answers then..but 'spooked' them by being (with others then)
spot on in my ramblings of what is really going on...again on this forum..

by the by I know of nothing I posted on the alpha forums to get banned back then....so they were and maybe still are banning people
on the alpha forums on what you post here

It was after the ban on the forums I went off and told everyone I was punting and sicking amex on them...but that was after the fact
when I was already banned (if I remember correctly)

the only real ..in my view ..it is likely to be a scam is the turning on cc for a week or so to suck up the last 70% of cc cash and then turning
off the cc faucet before amex and others could process refunds via the same method.....because it was thru their bank they had the power
to turn it on/off at their discretion....and they will honor refunds for those (or did when the bank was taking cc orders) of refunds of these
folks that either buying new or catching up with last 70% of refunds AT THAT BRIEF interval of time via cc thinking their cc protection would save them
so bank figures they just changed their mind....slick trick....has amex scratching head on how to get $$ back to me

anyway as stated by others here ..they have lawyered up and are going to declare bankruptcy imho ...what is being done this month
is all that they can do to protect their personal assets and let the alpha-t corp take the fall in bankruptcy (they are accountants by the by)

thus the change of the TOS and the (in the future they can say) bad lawyer advice on such...deleting of posts on alpha forum and here
so they can say it was just stupid incompetence on their part not a scam...so that the alpha t corp can take the fall and none of their
personal assets etc can be touched....ie the walk shiny new and clean after the corporation fails...if they can say they were incompetant
which looking at their track record should not be hard to prove....if the business fails for being stupid they should be protected imho
by bankruptcy laws and walk...sad to say that is how it works all the time in the USA...

they are covering their butts big time for an announcement of such imho...the 'angst' they show against all of us ...is too deep
for it to be anything else imho...they are bailing off the alpha-t corp ship as fast as possible

and as an update amex is still after them for a refund..so we will see (not hopeful) a modern corporation who can't get cc
access to pay for a product ..that shoulda been our first clue to bail probably months ago..but again the amex reps said
the same to me...you paid via paypal with cc protection you should have been protected (at least from amex's view) but
if the corp only takes bitcoin or cash (which is unheard of as far as amex is concerned if you are legit) not much they
probably can do to get my $$ back ...so me down 1/3 on a vyper 50mh coulda been worse...

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:19:45 AM

One helluva a good summary Searing.  Unfortunately I was one of the really stupid smuchks that paid entirely for my order with bitcoin so I'm likely screwed but wish you the best of luck getting back what you can. 

*Wasn't aware of the part that they where accountants BTW.  Adding accountants to my list of not to trust professions Smiley

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: