Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:49:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:27:01 AM

I can't believe bumface is here defending AT still! Look back through his posts, look for when he was arguing that they were a good legitimate deal six + months ago with me, trying to shut down my warning posts about these scammers. Pretty obvious that he is affiliated with AT at this point. Fucking scammers.

I actually don't think he is.  It's an unusual phenomenon that seems to occur when people get caught up in a scam.  Deep down inside they realize they were ripped off, but they can't accept the reality of the situation so they attempt to convince themselves that the scam is not a scam.  It's the same sort of thing that gambling addicts do when they run low on money. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:34:17 AM

Personally, I don't believe AT's response regarding the recent problems. If AT prides themselves on transparency, then a few points:
- You can't just reinstate everyone you dismissed off your boards (permanently and by IP no less) to claim transparency again.
- Let's see the documentation from the foundry on what went wrong. Right now we have AT's word, which has lost our trust.
- Let's see the Pay Pal documentation as well. Let's see the finances. If "we" are part owners, then I want to see what I am a part of. (That said, I am not likely sending another dime their way.)
- How about an explanation on why Fiaz deleted all of his posts here
- How about an explanation on why his family members are suddenly no longer a part of the company?
- Fill in some more...

I'm just wondering, if "we" become part owners, when AT gets sued, do we have to pay all parties involved, including ourselves. LOL
As it is, it makes ZERO sense to pay any more money when you can for less money NOW, buy more Mh/s (which still probably doesn't even break even.) The mining game has changed.

Its about sharing

ps - Thanks to you guys who really helped throughout this process

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:06:25 AM

You were right  s1gs3gv. The big announcement is shares in the company.

http://www.coindesk.com/alpha-technology-blames-paypal-dispute-bitcoin-asic-delivery-delay/

“Any future mining operations and any future batches we do, our customers will gain a share of the profits via dividend distributions,” said Akram, promising further details of the deal “soon”.

Smells pretty desperate if you ask me. Who the hell is going to buy Alpha's overpriced junk in September. They will have to massively increase hashrate and cut the price. A dividend share of £0= £0

Was just about to post this also.

I find the previous quote even more surprising, blaming everything on PayPal

“The delay is purely down to PayPal,” he said, adding that the company has decided to offer its first-batch customers shares in Alpha Technology, in addition to their miner

er huh..missed that line.....roflmao....of course shares in a 'soon to be defunct' company has a certain charm compared to owning 'vaporware' ....at least I would feel less an idiot Smiley

result it the same thou 'squat for me'

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 10:44:03 AM

I can't believe bumface is here defending AT still! Look back through his posts, look for when he was arguing that they were a good legitimate deal six + months ago with me, trying to shut down my warning posts about these scammers. Pretty obvious that he is affiliated with AT at this point. Fucking scammers.

what the hell are you talking about man,i am a customer. "shut down my warning posts" what does that even mean? i am not a moderator on this forum

not everything is black and white, if you actually read my comments here, you would know that i am quite critical aswell. but i remain reasonable like an adult

Just because i refuse to join in a childish frenzie of useless speculation does not make me an affiliate. everybody pretends to be an expert on what happens behind closed doors, but you simply know as little as the rest of us.

If you want to fill the void in your logic with fud, thats your buisness , but dont include me in your tinfoil hat theorys please

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:24:48 AM

Heh...

American Express was very interested in the coindesk article on alpha tech

better start considering them refunds alpha

here is the link for use with your own disputes with cc companies or whatever

http://www.coindesk.com/alpha-technology-blames-paypal-dispute-bitcoin-asic-delivery-delay/

thanks to whoever flag'd down www.coindesk.com on this

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
bumface

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 11:43:03 AM

Heh...

Searing

a well written and informational piece, with logic and proper investigation and wording.

All the trolls here can take a lesson from it

alphawolf099

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:20:02 PM

Heh...

Searing

a well written and informational piece, with logic and proper investigation and wording.

After speaking to paypal yesterday the advisor quoted that they are not with holding funds
from alpha technology. So i do not understand why alpha tech would say this.
and hi bumface

retro72

Activity: 433

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:27:36 PM

Heh...

Searing

That would be me Smiley I also sent a heads up to CCN but they have yet to write an article. It will be interesting to see their take on it.
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 02:15:36 PM

Alpha T is vaporware and im calling it since day 1.

Can't believe how many retards fell for this super obvious scam.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:01:17 PM

It is decent, but it uses some source info linked to AT's website which, as we all know, can (and has) been manipulated. I'm really interested in the tidbit in the article where AT claims to have notified everyone July 15th about the inability to ship in July. They were telling folks even up till last week that it was possible. They link to a now-edited section of AT's website.

Overall a great article, which does nothing but summarize what myself and 2 others have said. In fact, some of it is verbatim.

Folks looking into refunds and legal action should pay particular notice to the last few paragraphs where AT claims they don't violate UK law, because they classify the purchases as business purchases. Their *only* support for this, comes through a blogpost which talks about a decision which occured 3-4 months *AFTER* sales opened and initially closed. Ergo, their claim will fall short in court because the purchases were made prior to the opinion piece. They also lack things such as: requiring you provide your business information, and referring to you as a business anywhere.

For folks taking legal action, keep the pressure on. Their story is falling apart day by day.

They also claim that with just 30% of total funding, they had all money required to ship final products. Well, if that's the case, maybe Alpha should just ship based on what's been paid, and not ask for anything else. That might be at least a decent way to treat people after they've been subjected to virtual sodomy.

uozer

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

PRiVCY

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:10:20 PM

It is decent, but it uses some source info linked to AT's website which, as we all know, can (and has) been manipulated. I'm really interested in the tidbit in the article where AT claims to have notified everyone July 15th about the inability to ship in July. They were telling folks even up till last week that it was possible. They link to a now-edited section of AT's website.

true, this update was called (and the linked section is still is) "payment processor update" with no mention of the delay.

there is not a single mention of the tape out failure in the whole article.

the guy has no problems lying about everything.

this is not the least bit ethical.

fiaz, please dont ban me Wink

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
retro72

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:12:25 PM

Overall a great article, which does nothing but summarize what myself and 2 others have said. In fact, some of it is verbatim.

Folks looking into refunds and legal action should pay particular notice to the last few paragraphs where AT claims they don't violate UK law, because they classify the purchases as business purchases. Their *only* support for this, comes through a blogpost which talks about a decision which occured 3-4 months *AFTER* sales opened and initially closed. Ergo, their claim will fall short in court because the purchases were made prior to the opinion piece. They also lack things such as: requiring you provide your business information, and referring to you as a business anywhere.

For folks taking legal action, keep the pressure on. Their story is falling apart day by day.

They also claim that with just 30% of total funding, they had all money required to ship final products. Well, if that's the case, maybe Alpha should just ship based on what's been paid, and not ask for anything else. That might be at least a decent way to treat people after they've been subjected to virtual sodomy.

That would be the ethical thing to do. But we know that's not going to happen. Alpha are as poor as a church mouse and this one last desperate cash grab to stop them going under. It will be interesting to see what info they release to their would be shareholders. To make an informed decision they will need.

Detailed Financials. Including how much was invested by the Akrams and other shareholders, Company debts, Assets, IP, creditors and debtors.

Detailed business plan. Showing how the current management team aim to take this company forward from it's current near bankrupt state to future profitability.

A detailed report from their "leading UK law firm" laying out their advice that customers are not consumers. Their new share holders do not want to be liable for any law suits that befall the company if this advice isn't legally sound or doesn't exist.

A detailed report from Dexcel, Global foundries and other external component suppliers. This should lay out the costs and time scales required to complete production AND detail when and how first tapeout broke down

A detailed breakdown of the share split/ profit share, explaining whether customers will have an appointed representative on the board, their voting rights and crucially their stake in the company. If, as I suspect the customers have invested vastly more money than the current shareholders (Akram and Laurus) they should have a vastly larger share of the pie, probably in the order of 80% equity. I'd be very surprised if Mohammed Akram has invested more than £10k for his 90% stake. But I really don't see the customers getting anywhere near this.

They will also need a plan for dealing with disgruntled customers and former customers. If they have any sense they will refund in full all customers that don't want to take part in this experiment, as a disgruntled block of voting shareholders will destroy the company, as will years of litigation.

However you slice it this whole thing is a complicated mess. Personally I don't think the customers will get any of the above.  As it would expose Alpha to the harsh light of truth and many awkward questions will be answered and lies revealed.

As is typical of Alpha there has been no thought into this and they are probably putting it together as we speak. A plan this complicated should require weeks of legal counsel, contract negotiations and planning, for what is essentially a customer buyout. But knowing Alpha they dreamt this up on Monday cobbled it together on Tuesday to present to their customers on Wednesday.

They will no doubt present it as some groundbreaking proposal of self sacrifice, and you should be grateful you aren't just getting a 5mh/s miner anytime they feel like it, as per their T&Cs. This will be wrapped up in half truths and lies to lead you away from the fact that you are getting a pretty shabby deal, taking all the risk, with the minimum of rewards, to support a company that is financially on its last legs.
retro72

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:33:22 PM

So it is true then.  Fiaz is defending the shares for profits model on this thread.  He isn't denying it and is going so far to as to defend it.  Good job letting the cat out of the bag.   Oh Fiaz.  Whaaaaa whaaaa whaaaaaaaa.

In order to spare people the monstrous size of the files here is the link to the screen
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/4/N140667240152594_1.png

Surprse, surprise. That thread has now been deleted.
Fiaz Malik
Administrator
Re: Can I include my paid Viper in the cloud mining?

« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:19:28 PM »

I deleted that thread as it was completely derailed from the OP's original post, please calm down people. The update will be announced soon and we can all discuss it together, in the meantime there isn't much else to say. I will probably delete the posts in this thread that have nothing to do with the OP's question.

Couldn't just move them no?
uozer

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

PRiVCY

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 04:40:44 PM

so when exactly is this "tomorrow" coming when the new shocking announcement be out?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
hallo_frosch

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:07:32 PM

The announcement will come "soon".
The Update itself a few days-weeks-months later.  Wink
Phorna

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:20:12 PM
Last edit: July 30, 2014, 05:37:22 PM by Phorna

The announcement will come "soon".
The Update itself a few days-weeks-months later.  Wink

What's wrong with that guy? Couldn't he simply STFU until he has the announcement ready? After everything their customers went trough he should be treated with a strong electric impulse for any usage of words like: soon, any day now, should, hope, suppose, believe, tomorrow, next week, on track - and my personal favourite - rest assured. Rest in peace sucker! Show anything to proof you are not lying again. Show the invoices from the foundry! Forget that future exists - it is only past and present.

Sorry, I went berserk I suppose.  Undecided

He thinks it is a game. So he can delete everything and start fresh with a new character. Fiaz this is not f.... Chrono Trigger, this is life, you can not reset the counter.

bumface

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 05:27:02 PM

i wonder what this upcoming update is about. Hopefully the free cloudhash is back,effective imeadiatly

Phorna

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:35:19 PM

i wonder what this upcoming update is about. Hopefully the free cloudhash is back,effective imeadiatly

jeez.... the prince of tides caught a brain wave again....
bumface

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 05:36:48 PM

I have no idea what that means

Phorna

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:38:50 PM

I have no idea what that means

Just a good movie.   Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: