Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:34:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:19:28 PM

I, as a paying customer, was banned yet again.  So much for ethics and transparency.  I guess I shouldn't point out they were not transparent nor ethical, when they clearly knew at the point in time when they were collecting the 70% final payment there was 0 chance of a July delivery.
Well, that didn't take long. -M

So much for an unbiased vote too.  If you are not on board with buying into the 30% company stake and are still harping about anything negative like their violation of their original terms then they ban you.  They will probably ban anyone posting anything negative up tot the vote to make sure that the vote goes their way.  Yes people this is now a scam.  They are leaving nothing to change or to the customers.  They are going to get what they want by making the customers take on more risk after they failed the first time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n8091977

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:23:24 PM

I cant believe that these Kids (Fiaz and the other guy) think they will get away with all this. Hostility and banning people is not going to fix their business.

I wander how many people will pay the remaing 70% after this stunt - 10 people perhaps? It would be quicker just to burn the money.

EDIT - BTW, Paypal have rejected my claim as its over 45 days. Interesting that A-T state Paypal are withholding funds then. I am going to push Paypal a bit more before going to the CC Company. I think I will sour my Paypal account if I get a chargeback as Paypal will have to bite it anyway.
anderl

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:25:22 PM

The current version of their T&Cs clearly sets the groundwork for clawing back the 50/250mhs promises.

We guarantee that on delivery and for at least the duration of the warranty period the products will comply with the specification set out on their product page, including (if used properly) achieving at least the specified hashrate (18 Mh/s or 90 Mh/s as appropriate).

So the spec says 50/250 but the T&Cs say 18/90. The T&C also say:

"Be advised that due to the nature of their development our products are subject to change and the final device may be different to what was advertised to you whether on our site or elsewhere."

And finally, the biggest out of all:

We hope shipping will start in the second or third quarter of 2014.

But hey, you can have 30% if you'd just all shut up and send us your money !

Hey retro posted n the litecointalk forum the original terms and conditions.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2859.msg187676#msg187676

and artilectinc made mention of this....

Payment will be accepted in Paypal, Bank Transfer and Bitcoins. Please note order number generated is not representative of your place in the queue. Only until payment is made and your order status moves to ‘Processing’ state that is when you are placed in the queue for shipping.

I'm not sure how they are going to honor the original terms and conditions when they can't provide PayPal as a service.  If PayPal will not support them then in the spirit of the terms and conditions they should have to refund full all those customers who used PayPal originally so they can use the existing payment options.  Holding on to those funds is a breach.  I'm not sure how they believe what they are doing is legal?

If they can't use PayPal that means they have to refund anyone who paid through paypal because they are breaching the orignal terms and conditions.  If the customer can't pay the whole order using PayPal then Alpah Tech HAS to refund the money because A-T cannot fulfill the order in any way!!!!!

HOW THE FU@# do they think they can just keep the PayPal money?!?!?!

Original Terms

Terms of Order

Pre-Order Terms and Process

Deposit

30% advance payment to be paid along with booking and registration. Balance payment of 70% shall be collected 8-10 weeks before shipment date. The exact shipment date shall be notified on our website.

Cancellation & Refund Policy

Within 0-1 month after receipt of payment: Full deposit will be refunded.

Within 1-3 months after receipt of payment: 75% of the deposit will be refunded.

Within 3-5 months after receipt of payment: 50% of the deposit will be refunded.

Please note a cancellation fee of £70 towards handling charges will be applicable along with any cancellation.

Shipping, Hashrate, Price Estimates & Announcements

Shipping  Booked shipments will be delivered within Q2/Q3 of Year 2014. Live updates shall be provided on exact shipping date. Shipping is worldwide.

Hashrate A minimum guarantee of 5 Mh/s and 25 Mh/s shall be given for respective products. There is a very high likelihood of hitting higher hash rates however it depends on what performance figures we reach at.

Pricing

Viper-5mh/s which can hash at 5 MH/s: £1350. Deposit- £405.

Viper-25mh/s which can hash rates at 25 MH/s: £5450. Deposit- £1635.

All prices are the same worldwide. And exclude shipping which will be added according to location on final payment.

Updates

As we go through the engineering process we will keep our customers regularly updated on our progress via Live Updates. We will try to disclose as much information as possible including the development updates with images/videos/statistics. It is advised that you subscribe to all the updates including twitter/web/newsletter etc which may contain information related to shipping date, hashing performance etc. We may also arrange for an open door invitation for our customers to witness the development and meet the team at a later point in time.

Dexcel Designs and Alpha Technology are innovators in Scrypt ASIC technology. Dexcel Designs are experts in design and production having rolled out several designs in various fields for various customers worldwide. We have all our target figures officially set, and may be using Global foundries 28nm/40nm process node. The team at Bangalore, India has been hard at work and now it is time for the community to get involved in this project, which should hopefully provide a good ROI to customers. Dexcel Designs having worked with several defense labs are highly experienced on designing high durable hardware. You can expect our products to be as fault free as possible.

Registration and Wishlist

We will open registration for customers before we open our pre-order books. Registration will open on 25/12/2013. During registration you can set up your shipping and billing address in preparation to launch.

You will be able to register here:  https://alpha-t.net/login-register/

We advise customers to add their desired item at the correct quantity.

Payment methods and Orders

Payment will be accepted in Paypal, Bank Transfer and Bitcoins. Please note order number generated is not representative of your place in the queue. Only until payment is made and your order status moves to ‘Processing’ state that is when you are placed in the queue for shipping.

Payments

You can view the status of your order anytime at My Account > View Order.

Paypal: You will be redirected to Paypal to make payment. If at any point your session expires or you exit the webpage your order will remain ‘Pending’ where you can make repayment via My Account > View Order. If your order gets cancelled, please create a new order. Paypal accepts payments in all fiat currencies (converted to £) using debit/credit card.

Bank Transfer: Once order is placed you will be sent an email with bank information. Your account will be set on ‘On-Hold’ status. You will need to make full payment as advised in your proforma invoice including any transfer charges directly into our bank account. For international payments (IBAN & BIC), and for local payments using our Account Number and short code. Once we receive payment we will automatically notify you via email and your My Account > Order Status will be set to Processing.

Bitcoin: You will be redirected to the BitPay processing site. There you will have a 15 minute session to pay via Bitcoins. Upon success your order status will change to ‘Processing’ and you will receive an email confirmation. If at any point your session expires or page cancels, your order will remain On Hold, in this case just create a new order.

Pro-Forma Invoice

While taking a deposit we will provide a pro-forma invoice.

VAT Payment

UK Customers pay added VAT (on final payment). Note. No local import duty and taxes for UK customers.

Non-UK customers will not pay any added VAT but may be responsible for paying local import duty and taxes.

Product Warranty

6 Months after shipment. Shipping charges will be notified at the time of the final payment

Conditions of order

Deposit Payments have open refunds as per the terms highlighted above.

The remaining payment to complete final assembly and shipment, will be required within 8-10 weeks of shipment date. If payment is not made in a set timely manner, we presume you no longer want the item, and will incur a majority penalty fee on your deposit refund and may be forfeited.

Our devices have been standalone with an easy to configure WebGui, however requires some basic technical skills.

Scrypt based cryptocurrency fluctuation and difficulty changes are not controlled by Alpha Technology and will take no responsibility on any kind of fluctuations.

Once you place this order it is understood that you have accepted the terms and conditions explained here.

Wholesale & Special Requests

Due to the high demand of our product and limited availability we will not be offering wholesale options or any special requests. All information regarding products have been publicly released and can be viewed on our website at alpha-t.net. Wholesale and custom options may be available at a later time.

Misc. Updates

Prices are the same worldwide. And any additional shipping cost will be incurred at final payment.

Deposit payment and final payment can be paid through different payment options, e.g. deposit can be paid with Bitcoins, and end payment with Bank Transfer.

After shipment we will be rolling out regular firmware and software updates.

Contact

To get the fastest response in regards to an existing order please email [email protected] Emails will be checked on a regular basis during the pre-ordering phase, and you may expect a response within 24 hours. In all your correspondence you are requested to kindly mention your Order number in the subject.

Alternatively you can contact our office at : +44(0) 161 871 8643. Phone lines will be open during local UK working hours.

All our information for our miners is publicly available and can be viewed at alpha-t.net. Any other questions can be emailed at [email protected]

Pre Funding

We would like to double clarify, this is a pre funding project. This product is NOT in stock, shipping is expected to take a minimum of 6 months. Where funds are used to fully design & manufacture your ordered devices.
phzi

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:31:23 PM

Posting this here, because Fiaz deleted it from the Alpha-T forums (ooh... shocker...)..  His response was horribly weak too.

Alpha never guaranteed delivery by Mid July.
Yes they did - it was stated several times that shipping would happen between July 15th and July 31st.  And even if you don't believe that, the original terms and conditions clearly said that shipping would occur 8-10 weeks after their request for final payment (so, if they ship in September, they are in violation of that commitment).
Alpha never guaranteed credit card acceptance
Yes they did...  Several times on this forum agents of Alpha-T indicated that credit card payment would be possible, and that no loss would come to those waiting to pay by credit card.  Also, the original T&C speaks of both the 30% advance payment and 70% balance payment, and then later says that paypal is a payment option.  No legitimate claim can be made that those promised payment methods only apply to the 30% payment.
Alpha never guaranteed ROI, They want customers to have ROI, but that may, or may not happen.
Actually, this was one of Alpha's lofty promises - that they would ensure customer ROI.  Along with the promise that they would bring the first SCRYPT ASIC to market (didn't happen, obviously).
Alpha Clearly stated it was a pre-order and if balances were not paid by X date you would loose.
No, they really didn't.  The terms said, "may be forfeited", not "will be forfeited".  The terms and conditions also makes no indication what happens if you request a refund after 5 months - and it's very clear that ambiguous things like this are always ruled in favor of the individual that did not create the terms.  If you can show me anywhere it says, "no refunds after 5 months", I will eat my hat.  Not to mention that if you pay for the full device, you are covered under the UK Distance Selling Regulations so long as you are not operating as a business (I am a consumer with no business name or registration, and acted as a consumer in my dealings with Alpha-T).
Alpha Clearly stated if you cancel your order after a certain date, you would loose
  Again, show me where it was ever said in the T&C that there will be no refunds after 5 months, please?

There's plenty of other interesting things in the T&C too... e.g. that the office phone line will be open during local UK working hours; "Live updates shall be provided on the exact shipping date" - which clearly shows that the official posts by Fiaz on these forums were legally binding; "We will try to disclose as much information as possible" - obviously hasn't happened.

Alpha-T doesn't appear to have a single legal leg to stand on if they are going to try to refuse refunds...
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 04:57:37 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2014, 05:12:16 PM by Slipknot79

Not easy to do it at a local police station, me from Austria oO

No, i will check retros posts and links, have to read a lot. As far as i know me, i will file a claim on each site retro provided.  Cool  No, i have to sort out the most reliable site, well, i think all of them are kind of reliable, so then i have to find the most promising.

Yea DSR violation is the reason.

How many days have they from first email where you wanted a refund? Is it 30-days?

I wrote them to fully refund my money.
1 days later they wrote that they wont refund coz im a business customer (which is wrong, im an individual). So, they ended this 30 days  period after 1 day by telling me "we dont refund". Anyway, after this i have given them 14 days to refund my money.
And i am still waiting till the end of these 2 weeks, i am man of my word.

At the next weekend i will start a small claim. Meanwhile i got the tip (and some other tips from someone who already has opened a small claim) not to talk about my strategy here on forums, coz Fiaz is frightened and lurking here.

Didnt even know dat its so easy to found a company. Order at AT, get free business formation.   Cool

Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 05:02:56 PM

You guys best option is to try and report to Action Fraud:

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Thank you!  You and a few other clever chaps have helped me make my choice to file a report.  I kindly requested a refund and was denied with the cookie cutter reply.  Alpha I humbly request that you reconsider my refund request and my claim will be withdrawn. If not prepare yourselves for what comes next.  

Action Fraud Report Form
Complete
Further Information

Now you have submitted your report, to add any further information on this specific incident you will need both your Crime Reference Number (CRN) and your Password which are given to you below.

CRN:  NFRC140700715586

+1 good move bro.  Cool

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:16:43 PM

there have been nasty trolls with fud, but there have also been legitimate concerns from customers about changing policys and so on.

You know what's sad though? Alpha has been the greatest FUD generator of all.

They've instilled Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt for the past .... 70 pages / 4 Months

FUD isn't bad when it's founded.. which it is.

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:22:05 PM

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 05:59:52 PM

Please let us know the result of your claim. If Alpha won't refund and this case goes to court and you win we have a perfect precedent and any other customer can go through this process without having any fear to loose the claiming fees.
n8091977

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:04:15 PM

Please let us know the result of your claim. If Alpha won't refund and this case goes to court and you win we have a perfect precedent and any other customer can go through this process without having any fear to loose the claiming fees.

But if you aren't quick there will be no money left or the company will be wound up.

I would suggest anyone that wants their money back starts right now before you get error 404 from the forum rather than the you are banned message.

I will keep everyone updated here on how I do with my claim.
jomay

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:02:06 PM

As a paying Customer, I have been banned again for asking pertinent questions:

Now its going to be:

Distance Selling Regulations, Small Claims Court, High Court, High Court Sheriff.
It's my intended route as well. Do you want company on your journey? Wink

What are the experiences of other people? Paypal apparently refuses to refund, so should I try the CC chargeback right away? Or small claims court? I always wanted to know how that works! Yuipee!

Also, retro72 posted a summary of what went wrong and some links to legal advice/bits, but I can't find the link right now. Can anyone post the link to it? This thread is getting a bit unwieldy!

BTC 1NoV8NFSB7eiuK2aABFtBTdUdXhbEdG7Ss
LTC LaFyWSfzKY7CKwwmbxhyf8S2iJvfT7JFtL YAC YKKwR5B64Z9ww971J42vEGVPaema623Tz6
zurg

Activity: 826

Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:12:13 PM

Now its going to be:

Distance Selling Regulations, Small Claims Court, High Court, High Court Sheriff.

What are the experiences of other people? Paypal apparently refuses to refund, so should I try the CC chargeback right away? Or small claims court? I always wanted to know how that works! Yuipee!

Also, retro72 posted a summary of what went wrong and some links to legal advice/bits, but I can't find the link right now. Can anyone post the link to it? This thread is getting a bit unwieldy!

You told Paypal that this was a pre-order which is against their terms (from what I remember how people got their $ back in TerraHash fiasco), right?
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:27:56 PM

I cant believe that these Kids (Fiaz and the other guy) think they will get away with all this. Hostility and banning people is not going to fix their business.

I wander how many people will pay the remaing 70% after this stunt - 10 people perhaps? It would be quicker just to burn the money.

EDIT - BTW, Paypal have rejected my claim as its over 45 days. Interesting that A-T state Paypal are withholding funds then. I am going to push Paypal a bit more before going to the CC Company. I think I will sour my Paypal account if I get a chargeback as Paypal will have to bite it anyway.

Dispute with the credit card company, I did that and got 100% of my deposit back.
jomay

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:36:22 PM

You told Paypal that this was a pre-order which is against their terms (from what I remember how people got their $ back in TerraHash fiasco), right?
No, it was an assumption from my side. Might be worth a try, but other people on here said it didn't work.
So far I have only drafted a letter to Alpha Technology and set them a deadline.

BTC 1NoV8NFSB7eiuK2aABFtBTdUdXhbEdG7Ss
LTC LaFyWSfzKY7CKwwmbxhyf8S2iJvfT7JFtL YAC YKKwR5B64Z9ww971J42vEGVPaema623Tz6
uozer

Activity: 381

PRiVCY

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:37:58 PM

just found their mail asking for the remainder of the payment, it was sent on 5/22.

i am really curious how this compares to their X weeks before shipment promise and when they were informed tapeout failed.

Dear valued customer,

We're happy to inform you that development is on track.
Therefore, it is now time to collect the remainder of the funds for your order(s).

Attached you will find the invoice for your order. Please pay the invoice by logging in to the secured "My Account" section on our website, where you will find an "Pending" order for the amount due.

Please note: A new order number has been created for the final payment. However, this number does not refer to your place in the queue! Shipping is still based on your earliest order number.

Should you have any questions, concerns or problems: please do feel free to contact us! We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your patience and support during development.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Kind regards,
Accounting Team
Alpha Technology

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 07:41:26 PM

the original terms dont seem to say the terms can be changed at any time or that we would be viewed as a buisness.

so i have never agreed to those things.

im not a buisness, so the Distance selling Regulations apply to me by law.

I have been patient,but this 30% stock has pushed me over the edge,so i have investigated.

by their own admissions we can be a non buisness entity.please note the word individuals.

i am very patient and reasonable, but i never agreed to terms beeing changed at their disgression,nor being viewed as a buisness entity. im not a UK resident, European law applys to me.

Fiaz even said on their forum ""Firstly, your terms can not be retrospectively changed, the terms you accept are the terms that apply to you, any changes after you place your order are for new customers only.""

does anybody have a screenshot of this statement?

uozer

PRiVCY

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:43:52 PM

does the original terms say the terms can be changed at any time or that we would be viewed as a buisness?

haha, what do you think? make a wild guess

does anyone have a screenshot or copy of the original T&Cs?

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:53:24 PM

does the original terms say the terms can be changed at any time or that we would be viewed as a buisness?

Look one page back and Jomay check your PM.
uozer

PRiVCY

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:06:10 PM

Look one page back and Jomay check your PM.

so since they started asking for the remaining balance on 5/22 and original T&C says "Balance payment of 70% shall be collected 8-10 weeks before shipment date". They breach it if they happen to cancel any order for not closing the balance.

anderl

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 08:13:34 PM

Now its going to be:

Yes.  PayPal does not allow the selling of products that have an unreasonable future ship date.  Here are a list of falg that PayPal uses to freeze merchants that violate their terms...

* >1% monthly volume chargeback rate
* >1% monthly volume refund rate
* too many payment disputes
* violating the terms of service (including what types of products may not be sold through PayPal)
* selling products or services with known high chargeback rates
* a sudden increase in processing volume
* a sale an order of magnitude larger than your average ticket
* accepting payment too far in advance of shipping a product or providing a service

You should be able to get your money back if Alpha Tech is right and PayPal has frozen their funding.
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: