Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:33:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
minerman147

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:28:02 AM

It was Alpha-T
Tired of waiting for Alpha-T's new forum administrator?   Wink

Oh noooo... guess i´m done with These guys anyway. And a new Mod could´nt say anything valuable exept bla bla....
Sometimes you gamble and loose... Life goe´s on Wink
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:34:52 AM

It was Alpha-T
Tired of waiting for Alpha-T's new forum administrator?   Wink

Oh noooo... guess i´m done with These guys anyway. And a new Mod could´nt say anything valuable exept bla bla....

Just this.
"Don't spend more than what you are ready to loose to an unknown. Do take calculated risk."
minerman147

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:36:46 AM

It was Alpha-T

Just this.
"Don't spend more than what you are ready to loose to an unknown. Do take calculated risk."

My words Bro
Precog

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 09:54:22 AM

It was Alpha-T

Just this.

My words Bro

It was definitely a calculated risk without a thought of loss involving consumer protections and rights present even though the company has violated them. The law is on the consumers side in this case, and the customers shouldn't loose their money when it's all done.

Also remember that this startup received I think less than $8,000 from family members and have proven their negligence repeatedly. I didn't know any of that until I came to this thread. If I had read this thread before July 14th when they asked for final payment even though they knew about failed chips earlier in the month, I wouldn't have given them anything. There is not one photograph of any of the pieces of hardware, while 6 other companies have had chips and products being used by customers for 3+ months.
marco5109

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:36:19 AM

this post was  deleted within minutes.
@Fiaz you still working hard keeping the alpha forum clean,don't you

August 05, 2014, 11:00:27 AM
 News:

Welcome to the Alpha Technology forum!

« previous next »
Print
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Visitor

Alpha-t is ignoring my refund

« on: Today at 10:33:19 AM »
I requested a refund a month ago on payments@alpha-t.net.
I ask them if it possible to make a refund in BTC.
They say that I can recieve only 50% of my deposit and only in GBP. I accept that.
I opened a bank accout in GBP to recive that refund for my order.
On 23 of july my bank call me and say that alpha-t refund recieved in USD on my GBP accout. So I can't take that money.
My bank say that I need to open bank account in USD and alpha-t need to correct they payment to my new bank account.
The same day I ask payments@alpha-t.net to do that. But didn't recieve any answer. I'm waiting more then 13 days for any information. What's happening? Alpha-t want to stole my money or what?
Currently, until I recieve my refund in hands I'M STILL A CUSTOMER. For what reason now I'm can't post any messages in the proper forums??? (that's why I opened a topic in that section).
I REQUIRE IMMEDIATE answer for me on my e-mail AND REFUND!

P.S. Now I see my forum status - it's "visitor". Why? I'm still a customer. Refund my order and only then make me a visitor and not a customer.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:37:20 AM by

regards
Derekman

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:56:22 AM

https://secure.lloydsbank.com/online_forms/contact_us/ocf.asp

considering complaining to their Bankers. Lloyds Bank.

AT have used their logo on an email to me and Banks in the UK are touchy about the business practices of their customers.

If enough of us complained to them then maybe they would do something about it. Refer to authorities, freeze their account who knows. Do we have anything to loose anymore?

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:24:49 AM

If enough of us complained to them then maybe they would do something about it. Refer to authorities, freeze their account who knows. Do we have anything to loose anymore?

Just your money which is already gone.

FYI - I sent them a refund email a while back looking for my BTC deposit back.  Never even got a response.  Calculated loss, keep moving forward.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:26:12 AM

FFS people, lose only has one 'o' in it.  Roll Eyes
Derekman

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:29:48 AM

just got this on from my snail-mail refund demand.

"Track & Trace
Delivery attempted

Item AE081262698GB could not be delivered on 05/08/14 10:21 (and no Safeplace option was specified by the addressee). A"something for you card" will have been delivered, the item will be returned to SOUTH MANCHESTER pending instructions from the addressee. You can arrange a redelivery online, call the SOUTH MANCHESTER office to arrange a re-delivery, or collect the item from SOUTH MANCHESTER by bringing proof of identification and address."

About right they are not even there at their registered address! Quality outfit. Well they have my email copy and theta is a "durable medium" now so the it does not matter either way they have been notified.
brian_23452

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:43:47 AM

It was Alpha-T

Just this.

My words Bro

It was definitely a calculated risk without a thought of loss involving consumer protections and rights present even though the company has violated them. The law is on the consumers side in this case, and the customers shouldn't loose their money when it's all done.

Also remember that this startup received I think less than $8,000 from family members and have proven their negligence repeatedly. I didn't know any of that until I came to this thread. If I had read this thread before July 14th when they asked for final payment even though they knew about failed chips earlier in the month, I wouldn't have given them anything. There is not one photograph of any of the pieces of hardware, while 6 other companies have had chips and products being used by customers for 3+ months.

Really, it was a calculated risk on your part?  You just NOW realized that there is no evidence of any sort of hardware or prototype?  You didn't think to look for that BEFORE sending them thousands of dollars?  What surprises me so much about this whole thing isn't the direction this thing took, that was obvious many many months ago.  What still to this day shocks me is the complete lack of any sort of due diligence performed by so many of their customers. 

As for getting your money back, that ship has sailed I think.  Some months ago, when people were here calling them a scam, there was still a chance to get your money back.  It is more difficult to hide assets when you are still actively taking in money.  Now that there is no more money coming in for them, and probably no operating costs either, I am fairly sure they have long since hidden whatever money may have been left.  They ARE accountants after all.  No, you will get your judgement and your court orders and find that the company has no cash or assets to pay them. 
Precog

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:18:33 PM

It was Alpha-T

Just this.

My words Bro

Really, it was a calculated risk on your part?  You just NOW realized that there is no evidence of any sort of hardware or prototype?  You didn't think to look for that BEFORE sending them thousands of dollars?  What surprises me so much about this whole thing isn't the direction this thing took, that was obvious many many months ago.  What still to this day shocks me is the complete lack of any sort of due diligence performed by so many of their customers. 

As for getting your money back, that ship has sailed I think.  Some months ago, when people were here calling them a scam, there was still a chance to get your money back.  It is more difficult to hide assets when you are still actively taking in money.  Now that there is no more money coming in for them, and probably no operating costs either, I am fairly sure they have long since hidden whatever money may have been left.  They ARE accountants after all.  No, you will get your judgement and your court orders and find that the company has no cash or assets to pay them. 

Correct. It was a calculated risk on every customers part at the time of pre-order. All of us realized they had missed their promise of a prototype several months back, but in terms of their partnership with Dexcel being published and everything functioning correctly for months there wasn't much worrying going on. I am not as unfortunate as others and didn't send them thousands of dollars. Half the customers got saved by using credit cards and not having money to pay for it. I did due diligence it just wasn't at the right time or the right depth that would've included reddit topics and this thread which had people calling Dexcel, planning to travel to Dexcel in India, and other locals visiting the businesses and other communication accounts such as their phone being disabled. You are damn right that my own research wasn't as thorough as what was occurring elsewhere, otherwise I would've found out that it was teenagers with a loan from their parents operating out of a shack. I was too busy enjoying life to do any of that of which the others did. Only when the tune changed from "we are on track for a July shipment" to CC ability withdrawn, to absolutely no communication for 2 weeks is when I became heavily involved with every single thing that was occurring every day. That's when I and others discovered every negative red flag action that related to the company and it is sickening.

The child director is not an accountant, nor are the other two employees of the company, nor the 4th that just jumped ship. The only accountants are the dad and his son that distanced themselves from Alpha. I have already secured my Paypal payment through my CC company. I'm just trying to get my poor judgement BitPay payment back, and if it's a loss or comes back in pieces through legal means later on then I'm ok with that.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:34:51 PM

Just got an email from these guys, in stock (in EU). These appear even more efficient with watts and ship now. Price is also cheaper but it is a 90Mh/s unit so is more up front.

https://www.asic-hardware.com/product/a2-innosilicon-terminator-scrypt-miner-90-mhs/

90Mhs - 2,250 Euro

1 A2 Terminator Innosilicon unit of 90Mh/s ASIC miner, can vary by a +/- 10%
Single standard form factor 4U server chassis
1 Raspberry Pi computer
1000watt Platinum 80-Plus rated enterprise class power supply unit (PSU)
Only draws 10-12watts per chip (500-700watts total)

Specification:
48 State of the art A2 28nm ASIC chips
High Quality Bench Tested PCB
4U Rack mount compatible server chassis (rackmount rails extra)
Internal 1000 watt PSU’s (draws about 500-700watts depending on hashing rate and overclocking configuration)
Latest energy efficient Power Supply and ASIC chips to give you the highest ROI
USB Port to connect to Raspberry Pi, PC or MAC.
Fitted with high performance fans to keep the processors cool.
Patent Pending thermal cooling system

Terminator A2 Miners are in stock and will be shipped within 24 hours with Fedex International Priority.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 12:52:18 PM

Fiaz's last words were that they weren't planning on getting rid of the forum and he was hopeful that someone would take his place.

The final lie.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 12:59:13 PM

But people want CC and they want the prototype and they hold off paying.  This is where everything goes down hill fast.

It didn't take long once the revenue dried up. That speaks tons.
n8091977

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:58:25 PM

Chargeback with Barclaycard started for my £405 as Paypal will not help as its past 45 days.

Barclaycard seem aware of "Alpha technologies" and say there will not be an issue with the Charge Back once I fill in their form (snail mail) and send it back with latest correspondence from AT and Paypal Dispute.
Derekman

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 02:29:43 PM

Some here are saying this si a write off and we should not be hopping mad about it. Well i have a different view on it.

Personally i intend to call the MD to court to explain in detail where the money has gone. I have a friend who is an insolvency trustee in the UK and i intend to get him to help me with that later stage and if/when At does not refund i think he would be happy to become trustee. he would then tear the company to bits and  if there was any wrong doing can refer the directors to authorities.

That is my motivation now.

it is a fair bit down the road and i will keep you all unto date on how things go but there seems to have been serious wrong doings and if they are shuffling money away, or have done, then they are in trouble.
minerman147

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:10:15 PM

Some here are saying this si a write off and we should not be hopping mad about it. Well i have a different view on it.

Personally i intend to call the MD to court to explain in detail where the money has gone. I have a friend who is an insolvency trustee in the UK and i intend to get him to help me with that later stage and if/when At does not refund i think he would be happy to become trustee. he would then tear the company to bits and  if there was any wrong doing can refer the directors to authorities.

That is my motivation now.

it is a fair bit down the road and i will keep you all unto date on how things go but there seems to have been serious wrong doings and if they are shuffling money away, or have done, then they are in trouble.

It´s one Thing, wanting them to be punished, IF they were scamming the People, like seeing them go to jail. I totally agree with you in that pont. It´s another Thing, spending moore Money, to hunt for an empty basket, just to be dissapointed again, and to take even moore loss in the End.
dekodoge

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:10:48 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 03:35:57 PM by dekodoge

I fail to see how they said the foundry said the CHIPS performed better than expected when they don't have any chips?

Did Andrew Laurus do a runner with the cash?
Precog

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 03:44:50 PM

I fail to see how they said the foundry said the CHIPS performed better than expected when they don't have any chips?

Did Andrew Laurus do a runner with the cash?

That is the answer to all questions. Why is that person involved with this company? and how does that relate to offering customers 30% of profits only which there will be none.
minerman147

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:00:58 PM

The Andrew Laurus Story is not confirmed. I think it is just a hoax. Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: