Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:50:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:13:38 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 01:26:29 AM by Searing

Yes, but don't go to PayPal, go straight to the CC company and explain the situation, they will open the dispute with PayPal on your behalf which isn't affected by the 45day PayPal dispute time limit.

Yes always try your credit card company first.  PayPal terms and conditions states that if you contact them first you waive all your rights to the cc company terms for protection.

Did not know this ..will pass it along....important to know this I think for those trying cc options....(perhaps that is also why my dispute #1 failed and I lost 45 days plus..hmmmm)

Searing

Yes, but don't go to PayPal, go straight to the CC company and explain the situation, they will open the dispute with PayPal on your behalf which isn't affected by the 45day PayPal dispute time limit.

don't ask for a refund from alpha either first or they might file a 'dispute' against you ..by this i mean with amex they give the disrupted party 45 days to reply
from what I can tell then 30 days on a follow up...if you inform alpha you are refunding or going to refund to your amex card they can then file against you
and not reply for 44 days or so .initiating the 'big stall' imho .with me on my orig dispute #1 I lost (did not know for 1 week) because alpha sent an invoice I paid that was not like
the invoice showing what I still owed....just one showing I paid the 30% down thus looking like an order fufilled......amex closed the dispute...or course I redid the dispute...but 44 days
was lost and well ..it did manage to p/o amex when I put that in my dispute anyway..and they never replied on the 30 days after ...so the time I lost is significant
at this point in time with amex you want your dispute to be looked at once and refunded because all the info it is a scam is there at the get go and perhaps
amex will not play mediation tag...it is so late in the game for alpha a 44 day reply etc ...well I can't see them lasting 30 days ...but try anyway.

so just go to the cc company skip paypal (somehow also on orig dispute #1  paypal was involved..they sent me nothing but the dispute showed up on my paypal info site
I'm not sure if this was amex's doing or alpha (amex negotiates all and tells you nothing as part of the process...) but...it could have been done by either...just
muddied the waters no my orig loss of disptute #1 with amex.

anyway just tell cc company ....don't tell alpha you want a refund or they could use the above and file a DISPUTE ON YOUR that
you did not pay the last 70%.....as a stall and claim they are the victim that you OWE THEM
money...(that would send most of us on this forum really off the deep end!)

that sanitized bill they sent amex on the first dispute freaked me out..it was the 2nd dispute with amex that I filed that I a bit of info each time to their
1-800 number amex rep..as stuff happened ...ex ..this date i was banned from forums....they have no phone number on their web page anymore etc

The main thing with amex when it goes to the fraud guys you want the guy to look at the dispute notes a page or two and just "know" at glance
it is a fraud...cause it is all laid out....should be easy enough to map such out in a manner and in say amex's case just feed the 1-800 amex reps
this info a bit over numerous calls....

I WOULD NOT except as supplement upload DOCS to them and expect them to read that ...imho they are just gonna read the dispute info that
you gave the amex reps....they are likely too swamped for a big investigation...so if you lay it out well..they will see it is an obvious scam and 1)
either send them a scathing letter with emphasis on your points which alpha will likely ignore and lose the dispute or 2) simply do the refund
(assuming alpha has funds/methods they can access yet) cause they like your dispute info all there no hassle and less work from them...and
then the alpha fraud guy can just move on to his next dispute case.

anyway whatever you do act guick and good luck

Searing

This was true on my dispute #1 which I lost with alpha..it seems  paypal at least flagged my paypal account as having a dispute
although I got no further info on the dispute in anyway by paypal.

The second go around dispute #2 I filed with details to the amex reps directly and them adding stuff
to my dispute page (use the www.coindesk.com article and www.alpha-t-net own news on the
silly stock stuff...but READ over the phone the amex rep as you shoot all this stuff to them bit by bit
...the links directly ..it is a pain for the direct coindesk article but
again imho amex fraud people usually just look at the dispute page to start not the extra docs
say you could not get the doc to upload (was true also in my case anyway) and just read
them in ..I think the coindesk article made a good impression and the news alpha puts out
about equip to stock makes them look like idiots...make sure to get them both sites...imho

anyway 2nd dispute that I won paypal never got involved at all ...and that one I got my full refund

anyway just so folks know who are trying amex card refund and or it may apply to other cc companies

Searing

Please don't forget guys... I don't see this posted on here?Huh but.... over here at http://www.alpha-viper-group-action.com/ they are collecting a pool of those seeking refunds for a class-action suit that Alpha much deserves. I won't post any details on the updates we have received publicly here... but... the more the merrier.... get on the list if you are not already.

additionally I'd also do the above also just in case

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:10:10 AM

Don't forget, they promised credit as a method of payment, and it was revoked. They now have no way for you to pay the order, and are still penalizing you for it.

minerman147

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:41:29 AM

I called Discover and said I wanted to dispute a charge, gave the date of the order and the merchant name, explained it was an order for a computer that was supposed to ship some months after I ordered it but never arrived and that I had tried to contact the merchant to request a refund but had been denied. That was it, I wasn't too specific about the date it was supposed to arrive. They did ask why I waited so long to dispute it, and I explained it was an order for an item that hadn't been released yet, but that the date of it's release had come and gone with no product arriving. They didn't need any additonial info.

This triggered a dispute in PayPal almost immediately with the description "Item never arrived", in the details it said "We're reviewing this chargeback and we'll contact you if we need more information. You don't need to do anything further at this time". Opened it on June 30th, didn't hear anything from Discover or PayPal, case closed in my favor July 16th.

I did exactley the same with Mastercard yesterday. Waiting for them to get back to me. Will be keeping you guys informed...
apex

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:11:07 AM

Alpha hasn't run yet. Bitpay got back to me on this situation.... They sent a complaint to Alpha. Alpha replied with their typical bullshit saying they haven't broken their terms, and I am not entitled to a refund.

I explained how it has absolutely zero reference to not being refunded in full after 6 months of payment but before product delivery.

I then explained how they have in fact broken their terms and conditions by requesting payment greater than 8-10 weeks ago and still being far off from delivery.

I informed them I have already started a case with their local UK tribunal courts and this would be their last opportunity to resolve the matter outside of the courts.

Could you provide us some guidance about dealing with bitpay refunds, please?
chopsbit

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:37:20 AM

Has anyone taken these to the UK small claims court yet?

I bought a 5MHs (now 50MHs) in the second round of orders at end of March so I'm still within the 5 month refund window, however they are only offering a refund 50% - £70.

Although these are obviously trying to pull a fast one here, I'm trying to identify the exact terms they have broken. The only thing I have found that I think would be arguable in a court, is in the original terms they said miners would ship 8 - 10 weeks after the request for final payment. This request happened on May 22nd however they haven't shipped yet.

The other possible argument is around the required power for the miner. The original 5MHs was going to draw <= 70W looking here http://web.archive.org/web/20140212231631/https://alpha-t.net/product/scrypt-asic-miner. However, with the upgrade to now be 50MHs the power requirements have shot up to <= 375W which I think is another possible point to argue for a full refund on?

I paid by Bank Transfer as this was the only option in the March batch of sales, so no CC claim for me!
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 11:41:53 AM

I bought a 5MHs (now 50MHs) in the second round of orders at end of March so I'm still within the 5 month refund window, however they are only offering a refund 50% - £70.

Although these are obviously trying to pull a fast one here, I'm trying to identify the exact terms they have broken. The only thing I have found that I think would be arguable in a court, is in the original terms they said miners would ship 8 - 10 weeks after the request for final payment. This request happened on May 22nd however they haven't shipped yet.

The other possible argument is around the required power for the miner. The original 5MHs was going to draw <= 70W looking here http://web.archive.org/web/20140212231631/https://alpha-t.net/product/scrypt-asic-miner. However, with the upgrade to now be 50MHs the power requirements have shot up to <= 375W which I think is another possible point to argue for a full refund on?

I paid by Bank Transfer as this was the only option in the March batch of sales, so no CC claim for me!

Forget their T&C, they are void for individuals. Take distance selling regulations, they do apply if ya didnt order as business customer.

chopsbit

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:52:10 AM

Forget their T&C, they are void for individuals. Take distance selling regulations, they do apply if ya didnt order as business customer.

I didn't order as business customer, I ordered it for myself as an individual so maybe distance selling regulations are the way to go.
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:55:00 AM

Take the 50% refund first. So you have at least 50% instead of nothing (possible bankcruptcy after court decision to your favor). You can still claim the rest through smallclaims.
pw4x3r

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:49:25 PM

Alpha hasn't run yet. Bitpay got back to me on this situation.... They sent a complaint to Alpha. Alpha replied with their typical bullshit saying they haven't broken their terms, and I am not entitled to a refund.

I explained how it has absolutely zero reference to not being refunded in full after 6 months of payment but before product delivery.

I then explained how they have in fact broken their terms and conditions by requesting payment greater than 8-10 weeks ago and still being far off from delivery.

I informed them I have already started a case with their local UK tribunal courts and this would be their last opportunity to resolve the matter outside of the courts.

Could you provide us some guidance about dealing with bitpay refunds, please?

You can email support@bitpay.com and you will ideally need a copy of the transaction, or, sending address, receiving address, time / date, amount, your own name and email address, and reason for the email (you are being denied a refund.) Bitpay is unable for force a refund (due to the nature of BTC) but they will act as an intermediary in attempting to facilitate a refund with Alpha. Alpha will likely refuse, but you can state your points and save the records and this will be additional valuable evidence for you if you end up suing them etc.
pw4x3r

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:53:20 PM

In the process of. The claim has been submitted.

Alpha has violated the following:

Claiming Paypal would be an option for final payment and not offering it.
(Now they say they are offering it at the end, but that would be impossible to offer it 8-10 weeks prior to shipping)

They requested payment for final delivery 5/22/2014 and 8-10 weeks have passed and the product is nowhere near shipping.

By requesting delivery and then pulling the option for credit card transactions only days later
(Thereby forcing buyers into an unprotected transaction.)

By trying to illegally fool their customers into believing this was a business to business transaction.
(We do not care about Alphas tax guidelines. We as consumers are not businesses.)

By trying to illegally fool their customers into believing consumer laws do not apply to their transaction.

Somewhere in there is grounds for conspiracy charges.

If you request a refund and you are denied and you paid in January, they are violating their terms
Reason: Terms only state less refund at 3-5 months but nothing about no refund between 6 months and final delivery!

zinner27

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:20:44 PM

Well Alpha have banned me on their forums now..... Good approach.... Have been in contact with consumer advicer EU and Alpha actually may be right about their BB policy because EU counts this kind of products as money making machines and therefore consumer rights are not void.  But they still broke some points of the agreement and didn't deliver in time of 8-10 weeks after final payment were asked,  I also paid in full.
n8091977

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:26:36 PM

Well Alpha have banned me on their forums now..... Good approach.... Have been in contact with consumer advicer EU and Alpha actually may be right about their BB policy because EU counts this kind of products as money making machines and therefore consumer rights are not void.  But they still broke some points of the agreement and didn't deliver in time of 8-10 weeks after final payment were asked,  I also paid in full.

No way, consumer law stands. Speak to the Citizens Advice Buereau in the UK.

Are you a Business? I'm certainly not, so there can be no B2B agreement.

I am sending all my correspondence off to the CC Conpany tomorrow and expect a credit within a couple of weeks.
chopsbit

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:58:33 PM

If you request a refund and you are denied and you paid in January, they are violating their terms
Reason: Terms only state less refund at 3-5 months but nothing about no refund between 6 months and final delivery!

This is a genius point, it doesn't actually say there is no refund after 6 months. Just has that horrible £70 handling fee!
minerman147

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:00:35 PM

I called Discover and said I wanted to dispute a charge, gave the date of the order and the merchant name, explained it was an order for a computer that was supposed to ship some months after I ordered it but never arrived and that I had tried to contact the merchant to request a refund but had been denied. That was it, I wasn't too specific about the date it was supposed to arrive. They did ask why I waited so long to dispute it, and I explained it was an order for an item that hadn't been released yet, but that the date of it's release had come and gone with no product arriving. They didn't need any additonial info.

This triggered a dispute in PayPal almost immediately with the description "Item never arrived", in the details it said "We're reviewing this chargeback and we'll contact you if we need more information. You don't need to do anything further at this time". Opened it on June 30th, didn't hear anything from Discover or PayPal, case closed in my favor July 16th.

I did exactley the same with Mastercard yesterday. Waiting for them to get back to me. Will be keeping you guys informed...

OK, Just got my Reply from mastercard. Since it´s been more than 120 day´s, they can´t do anything about it. They suggested to open a Claim with Paypal.
kebabman

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:14:40 PM

That's bullshit, they can open a claim greater than 120days, they just don't want to. PayPal will do nothing for you. Call Mastercard back and ask to speak to a supervisor.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:35:14 PM

OK, Just got my Reply from mastercard. Since it´s been more than 120 day´s, they can´t do anything about it. They suggested to open a Claim with Paypal.
In the UK at least it's 120 days from the day you became aware of the problem. Not 120 days from payment. As Alpha failed to deliver on 31st of July as they stated many times, that is the date the chargeback clock should start running.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Time limit  There is a time limit on chargeback claims - typically 120 days - which starts from the day you become aware of a problem. There is also an overall cut off point of 540 days for Visa chargeback. Therefore, your deadline for requesting a chargeback is 120 days from discovering you have a problem, or 540 days from the transaction date, whichever comes first.
Forceflow

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:48:19 PM

Wow, the Alpha forum is a ghost town https://forum.alpha-t.net/

I noticed a few posts got deleted overnight but without Fiaz, there just isn't the same level of zeal. I suppose he's working on his new catchphrase, instead of "soon" it's "would you like fries with that?" Cheesy

With only Mubasher Akram working at Alpha, I don't see how they have any hope of surviving until September. If you haven't already done so I suggest you get the ball rolling on recovering your funds. It's probably too late at this point but its worth a try.

I would also suggest that someone drop by their office to see if anyone is even there. It's been posted in this thread that registered mail isn't being delivered and that doesn't bode well. Send a local debt collection company if you cannot find someone, but before you spend any money on solicitors and such you really need to know if there is anyone left to prosecute.

Registered mail isn't being delivered?  Hmm...that's a problem for service of process.  I wasn't going to hire a process server because I figure no one worked in their offices but if I don't have an address to send mail, that will prove to be an impediment to obtaining justice against these asshats.  Any ideas on where to reach them?  Their attorneys aren't adequate to receive service.  In the US, every corporation and LLC must have a registered agent that is available to accept service of legal papers.  I don't see that for the UK -- am I wrong?
pw4x3r

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:50:14 PM

office
Aug 07

xx our terms state that payment will be required within 8-10 weeks of shipment date. This means payment is required by this time, that is why we are requesting payment now from customers too, if a customer has paid before this time then their order is confirmed. Nowhere in those terms does it say the customer is not eligible to pay earlier.
It is merely stating when payment is required by us in order to complete assembly and shipment.  

office
Aug 07

Hello xx
Our terms clearly state a refund policy that is only in relation to the deposit amount and the refund policy clearly states that there are refunds upto 5 months, there is no refund policy after 5 months as that is beyond the refund timeline. Please view our terms again.
Also the dsr does not apply to our products as our products are not a consumer product. Our products are only for the sole purpose of mining cryptocurrencies which is a business activity and is taxable in the uk.  

Aug 07

Also, Alpha, I quote your terms on Jan 1

The remaining payment to complete final assembly and shipment, will be required within 8-10 weeks of shipment date. If payment is not made in a set timely manner, we presume you no longer want the item, and will incur a majority penalty fee on your deposit refund and may be forfeited.

"Within 8-10 weeks of shipment date."

This is your terms specifically stating when payment is due in relation to shipping. You requested payment. You did not ship.

Do you not have a copy of your terms from January that I agreed to?

Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2014

That's a great way to try and look at it. You ignored the entire other half of this message. I still want my refund.

Aug 07

That's a great way to try and look at it. You ignored the entire other half of this message. I still want my refund.

Aug 07 12:44 PM

In our terms we clearly state that payment will be taken 8-10 weeks before we expect to deliver, this is a statement. We are in the 8-10 week period now as our terms state delivery can be upto q3 and customers are still allowed to pay which means the terms are not broken.
 You can still pay now if you did not pay earlier.
 We did not state specifically that we have to ship after 8-10 weeks, it was just a statement that we will be taking payments at this time, and we currently are.
 Nowhere in our terms does it state we cannot take payments earlier than 8 to 10 weeks before shipment, it was simply a statement to tell customers when payments will be taken so they can prepare.

Aug 06

Alpha Technology,
 Nowhere in the terms and conditions that I agreed to does it say, anywhere, under any circumstances, that after 5 months have passed there will be no opportunity for a refund before product delivery. It is fine that you are still on track for a Q3 delivery. That is great. It does not affect my request for a refund. As you have absolutely nothing written in your terms regarding cancellation between 6 months after order and before product delivery, I am within full legal rights to request a refund and unless you provide it, you are the ones who will be violating not only your own terms and conditions, but the laws in your own country and the laws in my country (USA).

Additionally, you have in fact, violated your terms and conditions. Payment 8-10 weeks before delivery of the product. You sent a final invoice for payment of the product. Only days later you had your credit card processor cancel your ability to receive payments, thus rendering my final payment plan useless. Additionally, 8-10 weeks have passed since you have requested this botched payment, and the product is still nowhere ready for delivery.

This is clear violation of your terms by you.

Refund of this transaction is demanded and I have already opened a court case with your local UK tribunal courts. This will effectively be your last opportunity to resolve this out of the courts and not have to pay for my court fees as well when I prove to them in many ways how you have in fact, violated your own terms and broken the law by refusing me my lawful refund.

Remember my offer in e-mail to you still stands. You may transfer the return to me via bank transfer, Paypal, or Bitcoin.

Thanks and have a great day.
xx

Hello xx
 No terms and conditions of our product have been broken, our terms stated we have till end of q3 to deliver, july was an early expectation which we did not achieve but was in no way part of the terms and conditions.
 You will be refunded as per the terms and conditions you accepted when originally placing your order.
 If you have not paid the full balance for the product you are not eligible for a refund as per our terms as you are requesting the refund after a 5 month period of paying your deposit.
 If you have paid the full amount we will refund you the 30% deposit in full. This will be done via bank transfer as bitpay withdraws our funds instantly to our bank account. You will need to email us quoting this email to payments@alpha-t.net

vesperwillow

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:56:31 PM

If we could put cameras in their offices, it could make for a great show.

Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:02:44 PM

Wow, the Alpha forum is a ghost town https://forum.alpha-t.net/

I noticed a few posts got deleted overnight but without Fiaz, there just isn't the same level of zeal. I suppose he's working on his new catchphrase, instead of "soon" it's "would you like fries with that?" Cheesy

With only Mubasher Akram working at Alpha, I don't see how they have any hope of surviving until September. If you haven't already done so I suggest you get the ball rolling on recovering your funds. It's probably too late at this point but its worth a try.

I would also suggest that someone drop by their office to see if anyone is even there. It's been posted in this thread that registered mail isn't being delivered and that doesn't bode well. Send a local debt collection company if you cannot find someone, but before you spend any money on solicitors and such you really need to know if there is anyone left to prosecute.

Registered mail isn't being delivered?  Hmm...that's a problem for service of process.  I wasn't going to hire a process server because I figure no one worked in their offices but if I don't have an address to send mail, that will prove to be an impediment to obtaining justice against these asshats.  Any ideas on where to reach them?  Their attorneys aren't adequate to receive service.  In the US, every corporation and LLC must have a registered agent that is available to accept service of legal papers.  I don't see that for the UK -- am I wrong?

Why not address it to their "legal team". If it exists at all.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: