Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:08:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529022 times)
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 11:12:29 PM

Dear Mr XXXX

We have spoken to a neighbouring business who advised that your debtor’s shop has not been opened for a few months and he has had numerous people coming in about them.  He said he is aware that they took a lot of deposits and then left.  Seemed to think this was a scam.

Unfortunately the director of the business has used the same address as his registered office and we are therefore unable to locate any further information on this company.

We are unable to assist any further.

anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:19:00 PM

One of these things is not like the other...  one of these things is not the same.  Its time to play our game.

BEFORE WE GOT YOUR MONEY

AFTER WE GOT YOUR MONEY

If I had to pick the one I wanted to shell money out for, well I would rather pay for the 3d render than the low budget aluminum can that they are trying to pass off as a 4U server chassis.  Drill holes into a cardboard box to support telescopic rails and it will be rack mountable.

Oh but wait its not the box that we care about its the chips that we really paid for.  Yeah were are they?  Oh yeah they STILL haven't taped-out.  Lol.  So if they rebooted tape-out it will be about 30-90 days before they even get a good mask, unless they double down and "pay extra for a risk lot".  

Getting back to rackmountable.  I seriously doubt this tin can qualifies as following ISO 9001:2000 and EIA-310-D standards for rackmounting.  They keep using that word but they externalizing the PSU.  How does that follow the EIA standard and still count as "rack mountable".

Yet another lie that Alpha Tech is telling.  I mean if you are business customers,( as some of you are) you should be going after Alpha Tech for break of contract because their units will not qualify as rack mountable if they do not conform to the EIA standard.  With external PSU that using Molex pin form factor they definitely DO NOT.  Molex has never been approved as an external connector.  Hence why it is always used on internal PSU.  This thing is a fire hazard and will not be approved to be used in any data center.

BTW - Google Alpha Technology Vaporware

or

Alpha Tech Vapor

I loled
pw4x3r

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:59:30 PM

LoL , nice link
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/unfair-treatment/unfair-contract-terms/index_en.htm

What we are dealing with here is a giant case of

13. One-sided interpretation of the contract

Terms where the trader alone has the right to interpret any clause of the contract and to decide whether the product or service complies with the contract.

Sample story

Krisztina ordered a personalised photo book with pictures of her child. When the book arrived she discovered that the cover of the book was not the colour she'd chosen. She complained to the seller but he refused to reprint the book. He referred to the terms and conditions displayed on the order, saying that the delivery is in conformity with the contract when the seller decides it is.

Krisztina knew that such terms are unfair and insisted that the trader reprint the book or give her money back. By pointing to her rights, she eventually got the book reprinted at no additional cost.

and even more

14. Not honouring statements made by the trader's staff

Terms under which a trader tries to dodge commitments made by his staff or where such commitments are subject to other conditions.

Sample story

Jake bought some shoes in a shop. He did not have time to try them on but the shop assistant told him that, should the size be wrong, he could take them back and exchange. The shoes indeed turned out to be the wrong size, so Jake took them back. But the manager refused the exchange and showed him a written document on the conditions of sale which specified in particular that no exchange was possible, and that notwithstanding commitments made by shop assistants, only the rules contained in that document were valid.

Jake contacted the European Consumer Centres network who confirmed the unfairness of the term. With the ECC-net's assistance, he soon managed to exchange the shoes for another pair.

and lets not forget

15. One-sided compliance with obligations

Terms obliging consumers to fulfil all their obligations when the trader doesn't abide by his.

Sample story

Louise subscribed to a business-press–review newsletter. She was supposed to receive a business press review from all EU countries in English every day. But sometimes there was no newsletter for 2 or 3 days, and not all the news was translated into English. The next month she received just one newsletter. Even though the service wasn't working properly, she still received invoices for the full subscription fee. She asked the supplier to reduce the price so she only had to pay for the days when she had actually received the service. However, the company refused pointing out that, according to the contract, the service could be temporarily interrupted without releasing the client from their payment obligations.

In the end, the national consumer organisation stepped in; Louise's fee was reduced and the service provider was forced to change the unfair term in the contract.

Alpha, here comes bankruptcy!
pw4x3r

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:05:57 AM

Actually, I have just discovered EVERYONES WINNING TICKET from the previous site... LOOK

17. Limited rights to legal action

Terms which restrict how and where consumers can take legal action and obliging them to provide proof which is the responsibility of the other party to the contract.

Sample story

For the summer holidays, Alain bought a flight ticket from Paris to Porto. On his way to the airport, he was stuck in public transport, arrived at the airport 30 minutes late and ended up having to buy a new flight ticket to reach his holiday destination. When checking-in two weeks later at Porto's airport, he was shocked to discover that his return flight had been cancelled on the grounds that he had not used the outward ticket. He had no choice but to buy another ticket with the same airline. When boarding the plane, he informed the flight attendant that he would start court proceedings as soon as he got back to France in order to obtain compensation. But he was told by flight attendant that, under the airline's standard terms and conditions, he was allowed to take action only in the UK, where the airline was based. Alain had a closer look at the terms and conditions on the company's website and indeed, found a term stating that any legal action should be brought before a UK Court.

Alain contacted the European Consumer Centres network, who told him that a term that limited his legal right to take action was unfair and invalid, so he could take the matter to court in France after all. He also received confirmation that a term providing for the cancellation of a return ticket purely on the grounds that the outward ticket had not been used may, in certain circumstances, be considered as unfair.

Case closed! Alpha you are FUCKED. GAME OVER BITCHES!
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 12:06:33 AM

no PSU, tell me you`re joking!

Power consumption: <=1875 Watts

a 1500 watt PC PSU is 309 euro here!!!!!!!!!! are you telling me i have to pay 5450 GBP + 21% Dutch tax + a fucking 400 euro PSU!??!!

original full copy of the januari website states "Power consumption: <= 600w"

it also says "Appropriate power supply for customer country shall be provided."

this psu shit will cost me an addition 300 to 400 euro

5450 GBP = 6837.74 Euro

6837.74 Euro .... 21% = 1435.9254 TAX
                                                               +
----------------------------------------------------------

400 PSU
                                                               +
----------------------------------------------------------
8673.6654 euro A.K.A 11618 dollar

Scrypt Multipool         0.00056173           BTC/MHs
http://poolpicker.eu/

0.00056173 x 250MH/S = 0,1404325 per day  (82.29 USD)

11618 dollar / 82.29 USD = Breakeven point 136,2176105053347 days (4,394116467914024 months)

ow yeah and did i mention the 29 dollarcent per kilowatt energy prices in the netherlands? which is €3800.088 (5087.82 US Dollar) per YEAR

and all this glory could be mine IF i get a machine next month

year 1 total income 51,2578625 btc = 30074.53 USD
Year 1 total costs 12473,7534 euro = 16697.17 US Dollar   -
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                     13377,36 dollar profit
*IF i get it next month,
*IF multipool payouts remain constant
*IF btc price does not fall,
*IF powercosts do not rise                                                     
*IF hardware doesnt break down during or after warranty period

Take 2 1000 kW or 3 700 Watt PSU ....

You can't just stick 2 or 3 PSUs onto the same device, it'll screw things up big-time.  That's what disturbs me, there are TEN power connectors.  You'd need at least 3 external powersupplies... that simply will not work.  It will fry something, or worse, catch fire.

yes and then they say, you messed with the powersupply, your warranty is void!

anderl

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:15:38 AM

WOW.  Regulation that is FAIR and BALANCED?Huh  I'm farking moving to the EU  What is the best country to be in for a poor american sap like me!?!?!?!?!  I'm not a typical America.  I respect other nationalities and will diligently focus on converting my natural language.

Besides the general requirement of "good faith" and "balance", the EU rules contain a list of specific terms that may be judged unfair....

Costas went on a package holiday with his girlfriend to Kenya for which he paid € 2000 per person. The holiday was a disaster. The flight was delayed by 12 hours. The air conditioning in the hotel was not working at all. The safari trip took place but not in the park they had been promised; on top of that, they were transported there by bus instead of by plane. They complained to the tour operator and asked for compensation amounting to a total of €5,000 (€4,000 for the cost of the package and €1,000 for lost time and enjoyment). The tour operator agreed to compensate them €1,000 only, pointing to a provision in the contract limiting the organiser's liability to 25% of the total cost of the holiday.

Liese was travelling a lot and decided to hire a gardener to come twice a week to look after her lawn and flowerbeds. But one month in summer the gardener didn't come and the flowers died from lack of water. When Liese complained, the gardener showed her a term in the contract allowing him not to come if he had too much work on for other clients.

Liese told the gardener that, according to information she had found on the internet, this clause wasn't valid - she therefore managed to get amicable compensation for the lost flowers and obtained a formal commitment from the gardener guaranteeing his twice-weekly services.

Mary ordered kitchen furniture for her new apartment. She paid a 30% deposit up-front and the company came to her apartment to take measurements. The furniture was supposed to be ready and installed in 8 weeks.

After two months Mary called the seller and was told that, unfortunately, it would not be possible to deliver the furniture for several months. Since Mary wanted to move to her new apartment, she cancelled the contract, bought furniture which was in stock in another shop, and asked for a refund of her deposit. The seller refused to return the deposit pointing to a contract term stating that, if the customer cancels the contract, the seller is entitled to keep the deposit. When Mary had a closer look at the contract she discovered that, had the seller decided to cancel the contract, she would not have been entitled to an equivalent compensation.

Mary checked with her national consumer association, who told her that the contract clause was clearly unfair. Therefore, Mary contacted the seller again, referred to her contacts with the legal experts in the consumer association and managed to get her deposit refunded.

Cristina ordered a wedding dress from a fashion designer. Two weeks before the wedding, she was supposed to meet the designer for a final fitting. When she called him to make an appointment, he told her he'd terminated their contract without providing any real justification.

Cristina checked with a lawyer friend whether the designer could just cancel the contract like that. Her friend explained it was clearly an unfair term because the contract doesn't give Cristina the same right to cancel. Her friend called the designer and explained the legal situation. The designer contacted Cristina and made an appointment for the fitting. Her dress was ready just in time for the wedding.

Nathalie had a contract with a small local Internet provider, with no end-date specified. One day she received an e-mail informing her that the contract would be terminated as of next week. She called the provider and asked for an explanation but they couldn't give any real reason for cancelling the contract at such a short notice.

Nathalie contacted a consumer association, who told her such term was most likely unfair. She therefore contacted the Internet provider again and managed to get her Internet subscription extended for sufficient time to enable her to switch to a different provider.

Mark has a one-year mobile phone contract which he concluded 10 months ago. His wife recently switched to a new mobile phone company offering very attractive bundle packs and free calls within the network. Mark decided to switch to this new operator as soon as his contract expired. He checked his contract and found out that, if he wanted to terminate it, he should have given 6-months' notice. Since he didn't do that, his contract would have been automatically extended for another year.

Mark was disappointed and decided to contact his national consumer organisation. They informed him it was unfair on the part of the mobile phone company to require that much notice. They advised him to take the matter to court if the company tried to enforce the unfair term.

Monika rented an apartment, on a 3-year lease. But it was only when she moved in that she found out she had to use a cleaning service that charged €100 every month, on top of the rent. Sure enough there was a clause in the contract referring to a document about cleaning services. But Monika had never been given this document.
She told the owner of the apartment that this additional obligation wasn't fair because she hadn't been informed of it before signing the lease
Monika searched on the Internet and found that "hidden" terms like this are unfair. - and she eventually managed to avoid that fixed cost.

Pavel took out a loan from his bank to buy a new car. After 8 months, he discovered that his monthly instalments had gone up.

When he looked more closely at the contract, Pavel discovered a term authorising the bank to unilaterally change the interest rate without giving Pavel a chance to terminate the contract.

He contacted his local consumer association for advice. They told him that, since there was no clause giving Pavel the right to terminate the contract, the term allowing the bank to put up the interest rate was unfair. They advised him not to pay the higher interest rate and to file an official complaint with them, had the bank refused to review the unfair term - Pavel followed their advice and managed to have the contract clause changed.

Birgit ordered new tiles for her renovated bathroom. She chose white-and-blue striped tiles. After 4 weeks, the tiles arrived but they were simple white matt tiles with no stripes. When she contacted the supplier, they pointed out that, under the terms and conditions displayed on the order, if the company was unable to supply any particular item for whatever reason, it would replace it with an item of equivalent standard and value.

Birgit contacted the European Consumer Centres network and was told it was unfair to have terms and conditions that provided for unilateral changes in the product supplied. With the support of the ECC-net, she eventually got her money back.

Krisztina ordered a personalised photo book with pictures of her child. When the book arrived she discovered that the cover of the book was not the colour she'd chosen. She complained to the seller but he refused to reprint the book. He referred to the terms and conditions displayed on the order, saying that the delivery is in conformity with the contract when the seller decides it is.

Krisztina knew that such terms are unfair and insisted that the trader reprint the book or give her money back. By pointing to her rights, she eventually got the book reprinted at no additional cost.

Jake bought some shoes in a shop. He did not have time to try them on but the shop assistant told him that, should the size be wrong, he could take them back and exchange. The shoes indeed turned out to be the wrong size, so Jake took them back. But the manager refused the exchange and showed him a written document on the conditions of sale which specified in particular that no exchange was possible, and that notwithstanding commitments made by shop assistants, only the rules contained in that document were valid.

Jake contacted the European Consumer Centres network who confirmed the unfairness of the term. With the ECC-net's assistance, he soon managed to exchange the shoes for another pair.

Louise subscribed to a business-press–review newsletter. She was supposed to receive a business press review from all EU countries in English every day. But sometimes there was no newsletter for 2 or 3 days, and not all the news was translated into English. The next month she received just one newsletter. Even though the service wasn't working properly, she still received invoices for the full subscription fee. She asked the supplier to reduce the price so she only had to pay for the days when she had actually received the service. However, the company refused pointing out that, according to the contract, the service could be temporarily interrupted without releasing the client from their payment obligations.

In the end, the national consumer organisation stepped in; Louise's fee was reduced and the service provider was forced to change the unfair term in the contract.
pw4x3r

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:30:27 AM

LOL. Alpha did it. They tried using their standard bullshit defense with the courts! Now I just wait to get my mail from the UK and I can upload all my lovely defensive documents. Excuse me, I mean my lovely Alpha-eliminating documents. Count the weeks Alpha, LOL. Count them. 'Cuz you're absolutely done.

How much of the claim do you dispute?

I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.

Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it?

No, for other reasons.

Defence

The distant selling regulation does not apply to our product or
company, as the products we are selling are purely for the purpose
of 'mining' cryptocurrencies, which is a business activity. Mining
cryptocurrencies is a business activity as it is a process of
making money (income) and HMRC also taxes it , please view the
following link: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/vat/brief0914.htm.

This is NOT a consumer product, but a product with the sole
purpose of generating an income via cryptocurrency mining as shown
in the brief given by HMRC which taxes all earnings on mining.

It is the customers duty to register itself as a business if they
are to mine cryptocurrencies, as they will be taxed on such
earnings.

As per our terms and conditions our product is still in
development and is scheduled to be delivered by Q3 (End of
September) as stated here in our terms and conditions
https://alpha-t.net/terms-order/

We provide regular developmental updates and the customer is aware
of this. If the customer requires a refund we refund them as per
our cancellation policy which is also stated in our terms and
conditions. Where they are required to email us and we instantly
go through the relevant process of providing them with a refund.

We take a fee of the customer as they are requesting a refund
before product has been completed and it puts us at a loss if we
are half way developing a customers product, which is scheduled to
be delivered by Q3 (end of September).

The customer is not eligible for a full refund or chargeback as
per our terms and conditions as the product has not hit it's
shipping time yet and scheduled shipping is still some time off
where we are still in the developmental stage.

This is what the customer was aware of before accepting our terms
and conditions by placing an order.

Signed

I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true

M.Akram

Managing Director

07/08/2014

Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you

66 DICKENSON ROAD

MANCHESTER

M14 5HF
pw4x3r

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:38:39 AM

Also, I just need to ask. Does Alpha actually communicate in the English language or do they have translators doing everything for them? Wrong?

They keep quoting HMRC...

But HMRC says:

•1.Income received from Bitcoin mining activities will generally be outside the scope of VAT on the basis that the activity does not constitute an economic activity for VAT purposes because there is an insufficient link between any services provided and any consideration received.

LoL.. I mean seriously... what the fuck do they think they are quoting in their defense with that?

Also....
In their defense against my claim with the courts I had to ROFL because they state:

"The customer is not eligible for a full refund or chargeback as per our terms and conditions.. bla bla bla"
They should try telling that to all the credit card companies charging back their bullshit orders HAHAHA....... the courts are going to ROFL at these fucking children
pw4x3r

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:54:58 AM

Updated list of Alpha Technologies (INT) Ltd. violations of Terms and Conditions

Alpha has violated the following:

Claiming Paypal would be an option for final payment and not offering it.
(Now they say they are offering it at the end of development, but that would be impossible to offer it 8-10 weeks prior to shipping)

One-sided compliance with obligations
They requested final payment for delivery 5/22/2014 and 8-10 weeks have passed and the product is nowhere near shipping.

By requesting delivery and then pulling the option for credit card transactions only days later
(Thereby forcing buyers into an unprotected transaction.)

By trying to fool their customers into believing this was a business to business transaction.
They keep quoting HMRC saying this is a business transaction because mining devices can only be used for mining.
But HMRC says:
Income received from Bitcoin mining activities will generally be outside the scope of VAT on the basis that the activity does not constitute an economic activity for VAT purposes because there is an insufficient link between any services provided and any consideration received.

"The customer is not eligible for a full refund or chargeback as per our terms and conditions.. bla bla bla"

If we are not eligible for chargebacks, why is everyone who requests chargebacks through their credit companies being granted them? Alpha is in violation.

By trying to illegally fool their customers into believing consumer laws do not apply to their transaction.

By attempting to limit our legal rights
"Your pre-order is made under English law and under these terms to the exclusion of all other terms you may seek to impose. You and we hereby agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in relation to the resolution of any dispute or difference under your pre-order but we may commence proceedings in any jurisdiction in order to enforce our rights under the pre-order and these terms."

Not honouring statements made by the trader's staff

Numerous times, all over the forums, A.T. employee Fiaz Malik has assured everyone that delivery of the product would be no later than July 31 (in an attempt to get customers to pay for a product that is nowhere near ready)

One-sided interpretation of the contract
If you request a refund and you are denied and you paid in January, they are violating their terms
Reason: Terms only state less refund at 3-5 months but nothing about no refund between 6 months and final delivery!
anderl

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:57:09 AM

They keep quoting HMRC...

But HMRC says:

•1.Income received from Bitcoin mining activities will generally be outside the scope of VAT on the basis that the activity does not constitute an economic activity for VAT purposes because there is an insufficient link between any services provided and any consideration received.

LoL.. I mean seriously... what the fuck do they think they are quoting in their defense with that?
'

Even with the statement (that they are quoting), individuals and business are considered miners.  So the whole VAT issue is irrelevant.  They made their case that HMRC stated that ONLY businesses are miners but it never stated that.
pw4x3r

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:08:17 AM

Here

By trying to illegally fool their customers into believing consumer laws do not apply to their transaction.

If this were a business to business transactiton, by law, referencing https://www.gov.uk/invoicing-and-taking-payment-from-customers/invoices-what-they-must-include the invoice must have included my company's registration number (non-existent) as well as the address of my company's registered office (non-existent).
Xell

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:12:46 AM

The whole argument about business vs. consumer is a bit of a red herring, avoiding the fact that Alpha-T don't have the money to refund everyone, and taking them to court on any grounds is largely a waste of time (and money).

Once they have some debt they can't pay, going bust will be very easy - and that will be that, you can forget about directors personal assets there is zero chance of them every coming into question. Until then, perhaps it is a race against the clock for a few lucky ones to get in quick before that happens?

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
anderl

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:12:55 AM

Here

If this were a business to business transactiton, by law, referencing https://www.gov.uk/invoicing-and-taking-payment-from-customers/invoices-what-they-must-include the invoice must have included my company's registration number (non-existent) as well as the address of my company's registered office (non-existent).

Xell

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:36:03 AM

Here

You mean Alpha-T's company name and number. Obviously not yours, as you don't need to be a company to be a business (you'd be a sole trader, with no company at all - only yourself acting in a business capacity).

Why are people still confusing company and business?? They are not the same thing, one can be a full time businessman and not have a company. Or you can be a weekend eBay trader with a full time job and that counts as a business.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
anderl

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:19:03 AM

Here

You mean Alpha-T's company name and number. Obviously not yours, as you don't need to be a company to be a business (you'd be a sole trader, with no company at all - only yourself acting in a business capacity).

Why are people still confusing company and business?? They are not the same thing, one can be a full time businessman and not have a company. Or you can be a weekend eBay trader with a full time job and that counts as a business.

Oh... I donnooooo....
Maybe because it was established in 2006....

Companies
(1) In the Companies Acts, unless the context otherwise requires—
“company” means a company formed and registered under this Act, that
is—
(a) a company so formed and registered after the commencement
of this Part
, or
(b) a company that immediately before the commencement of this
Part—
(i) was formed and registered under the Companies Act
(c. 6) or the Companies (Northern Ireland) Order
(S.I. 1986/1032 (N.I. 6)), or
(ii) was an existing company for the purposes of that Act or
that Order,
BCompanies Act 2006
(c. 46)

And HMRC requires that if you are a business (self-employed even) you need to register with them.....

Part 1 — General introductory provisions
(which is to be treated on commencement as if formed and
registered under this Act).

Register as self-employed with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)
It's important to let HMRC know that you're self-employed as soon as possible - even if you already fill in a tax return each year. If you don't tell them as soon as you begin self employment you may also incur penalties.

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:21:17 AM

Scrappy Do: you basically have no choice but to attend the hearing. There is nothing you can do other than to be present on the day. You can't win in court without actually going to court....

The small claims track is such that it is necessarily informal, meaning that ultimately you have to convince the judge that your story is more credible than theirs (Alpha Tech's). You do not have to prove something beyond reasonable doubt, as in a criminal prosecution, so the general gist is that you want a refund & that you feel you are entitled to one by DSR, and that you are not intending to operate the hardware as a business venture. The key point is that you have to demonstrate that the DSR's apply to you, because that is basically what this hinges on. You have to be able to show the judge that you were not buying this piece of equipment from a money-making (business) perspective.

That, I think, could be tricky - although the onus will be on AT to demonstrate that the purpose of the machine is to make money, so presumably they will have to give the usual bitcoin lecture to the judge and convince him of the money-making argument.

It comes down to when you bought this hardware, what was your intention to use it for? A commercial venture? Is there any other explanation? If it was mining indeed, then I think you will struggle to claim that you were not acting in a business capacity at the time you paid for the item. The fact you claim to be a consumer needs to be backed up in some way, and that you would use the device solely to generate income will almost certainly be the defences argument. You need to convince the judge that isn't the case. Because there is no proper registration procedure to act in a business capacity as a sole trader in the UK, you may find it hard to refute the fact that this was bought for any purpose other than mining and income generation. You could alternatively claim you didn't understand the agreement you were entering into, perhaps.

Compare this with buying a piece of specialist equipment used for physical gold mining (unless it was a spade, which is probably similar to a GPU in that it could be claimed to be used as a consumer product). Could you claim to be a consumer? Only if you could somehow argue that it was not a commercial venture, and planned to get gold from your garden to wear personally (and not sell) - which doesn't apply to bitcoins.

In case you accept that you are acting in a business capacity (in your own name, Joe Bloggs, ie as a sole trader), then your argument will be completely different - it will be that the terms of the original contract have been breached and so you are entitled to a refund.

The problem I see with that is you can earn extra income without being a business. You simply claim it on your taxes. 2 machines would not qualify you as a business, nor any amount for that matter. I can prove I do not have any business license, nor any tax id.

Correct me if I am wrong, but someone (perhaps on this forum) could represent me in court due to the obvious travel reasons.

Also, I could travel and represent myself and claim it towards the claim as I had no other means of recovering the funds. I'm down $6500 USD right now, and the maximum at current rate in USD I can go to small claims in the uk is about 13,390.

Wasting your time. You'll just spend more money chasing down nothing. There will be no payout, or successful lawsuits. If you missed the MASSIVE warning signs, and even direct warnings about this "company" then you lost. Before they started accepting funds, we had already debunked most info about the company, laughed about the location, and warned everyone to not send them a dime. Greedy people still bought into the preorder idea, and guess what... You're gonna get nothing now. Don't make it worse by trying to take them to court in a different country.
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:28:05 AM

retro72: it was from a law firm i used for debt collection
Derekman

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:39:46 AM

http://www.thesecurityadvocate.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Keep-Calm-and-Call-a-Lawyer.jpg

Conjecture about T&C and other facts related to this issue is no substitute for getting the help of a practicing solicitor.
^^this

I am drafting a lawsuit.  I am also challenging the 30% deposit with my bank.  I will be posting relevant breach portions next week that should apply to any common law jurisdiction (including the UK). I will also post my fraudulent inducement argument (which is 100% solid in the US and should work in the UK since it is pretty much the same law).  I am not posting it as legal advice.  I am not posting it somewhere where Alpha can see it.  They will see it when my process server shoves it in their greedy faces.  I will not be suing them in the UK.  They will have to fly to the States or hire a US attorney to defend themselves.  US jurisdiction allows me to sue them here because they targeted US customers, they reasonably expected therefore to be haled into court here.  If they didn't, they shouldn't have sold to US customers (specifically me).  Finally, I will 100% win on a local statutory fraud count against them.  My local fraud statute covers even INNOCENT MISREPRESENTATIONS that are not corrected by a business to consumers.   Consumers, in that statute, are defined as including even BUSINESSES that purchase products from other businesses so their bullshit business argument won't work.  Since I never intended to sell my Viper, it will work 100%.  I've won about 8 lawsuits so far for clients, never anticipated doing one for myself, using this argument.  Against major banks, big Fortune 500 businesses, and local contractors.  The statute grants attorneys fees, costs, punitive damages, and actual damages (I'm going to push for $50,000 in punitive damages).

Their 2 bit solicitors will get royally fucked if they fight because I will rack up attorneys fees and still win.  There are NO DEFENSES to statutory fraud -- it is strict liability.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strict_liability

"The term "consumer" means any person who purchases or contracts for the purchase of merchandise not for resale in the ordinary course of his trade or business but for his use or that of a member of his household."

"The term "person" includes any natural person or his legal representative, partnership, corporation (domestic and foreign), company, trust, business entity or association, and any agent, employee, salesman, partner, officer, director, member, stockholder, associate, trustee or cestui que trust thereof."

I will say that I am not representing myself -- my brother, unfortunately, paid the 30% deposit and placed the order. I told him it was a good opportunity and I regret that to this day.  That's why I'm vehemently trying to make this right for him but Alpha is so blatantly unremorsefully shameless that I probably have to slap them with a big judgment and seize their personal property (I've made more than one fraud defendant HOMELESS) before they come to terms with their illegal acts.  I am a bulldog and I don't let go after I tear a piece of a shady Defendant's ass out.

Ok i am immigrating to America and making friends with Forceflow - FOREVER! 
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 08:23:50 AM

@pw4x3r
You are waiting now for courts decision or what is the next step?
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:51:47 AM

@pw4x3r
You are waiting now for courts decision or what is the next step?
Also very interested in knowing how this is going to proceed being one of the idiots that paid the entire invoice in bitcoin (not that I can really afford an attorney atm) :/

*kicking myself in the ass for this one!

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: