Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:37:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
bumface

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 12:07:02 PM

when does the hurting stop?

Derekman

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:51:15 PM

Chambers has this on consumer

consumer noun 1 someone who buys goods and services for personal use or need. 2 someone or something that consumes.
retro72

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:59:36 PM

Dear Mr XXXX

We have spoken to a neighbouring business who advised that your debtor’s shop has not been opened for a few months and he has had numerous people coming in about them.  He said he is aware that they took a lot of deposits and then left.  Seemed to think this was a scam.

Unfortunately the director of the business has used the same address as his registered office and we are therefore unable to locate any further information on this company.

We are unable to assist any further.

retro72: it was from a law firm i used for debt collection
I have a friend who lives in Stockport. I called him last night and asked him to look into Alpha for me.

I'm sorry to say, I just got off the phone with him and he corroborated everything in benjamin07's post. Alpha haven't been there for months. Apparently there was a flurry of early activity, lots of "shady characters" coming and going even a Ferrari turned up a few times, then a few months ago they shut up shop and haven't been back.

This is no longer a small claims matter, this is now a police matter. I would suggest you contact Action Fraud

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

And report Alpha to the local police

http://www.gmp.police.uk/Live/Nhoodv3.nsf/community.html?ReadForm&Division=South%20Manchester&Area=Longsight&Community=Rusholme.

Again I'm sorry to say this but I think your chances of recovering any funds are very low, all you can reasonably hope for at this point is a criminal prosecution.

Anyone still members of the Alpha forum needs to PM customers over there to alert them to this. I think this has moved from incompetent negligence to criminal intent to defraud and no one should part with any more money.
Derekman

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:30:42 PM

Dear Mr XXXX

We have spoken to a neighbouring business who advised that your debtor’s shop has not been opened for a few months and he has had numerous people coming in about them.  He said he is aware that they took a lot of deposits and then left.  Seemed to think this was a scam.

Unfortunately the director of the business has used the same address as his registered office and we are therefore unable to locate any further information on this company.

I have a friend who lives in Stockport. I called him last night and asked him to look into Alpha for me.

I'm sorry to say, I just got off the phone with him and he corroborated everything in benjamin07's post. Alpha haven't been there for months. Apparently there was a flurry of early activity, lots of "shady characters" coming and going even a Ferrari turned up a few times, then a few months ago they shut up shop and haven't been back.

This is no longer a small claims matter, this is now a police matter. I would suggest you contact Action Fraud

http://www.gmp.police.uk/Live/Nhoodv3.nsf/community.html?ReadForm&Division=South%20Manchester&Area=Longsight&Community=Rusholme.

Again I'm sorry to say this but I think your chances of recovering any funds are very low, all you can reasonably hope for at this point is a criminal prosecution.

Anyone still members of the Alpha forum needs to PM customers over there to alert them to this. I think this has moved from incompetent negligence to criminal intent to defraud and no one should part with any more money.

Assets can be stripped form directors if they have profited from crime.  Smiley. Cars. Houses. Investments. 
retro72

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:03:47 PM

Assets can be stripped form directors if they have profited from crime.  Smiley. Cars. Houses. Investments.  
Not if they're in India. You can't go after the father or the brother as they resigned before this went criminal and have most likely not profited. Mubasher has probably fled or is in the process of fleeing. Legal proceedings will take MONTHS. If you want to have any hope of getting anything back, Mubasher needs to be arrested and the company assets frozen.

Apart from family, what ties him to the community? He probably has no money investmented in the company, no assets or property in the UK. EVERYTHING is being done in India. He is a 23 year old kid, living with his parents, working for his dad, that has just had millions of pounds dropped in his lap. Do you really think he's going to hang around and wait while you attempt to strip any assets?

This is not a 60 year old grandfather with a wife, grown up kids, a house and a 30 year membership to the local golf club. This is a kid with family ties to India who will probably disappear back there at the first sign of trouble. Believe me, I've seen it happen.

This is WAAAAY beyond internet forum jousting. This needs professionals and the police. You can go after Mubasher's assets when he's sitting in a prison cell but if he's allowed to flee you will end up with nothing but legal bills.
Xell

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:06:23 PM

Assets can be stripped form directors if they have profited from crime.  Smiley. Cars. Houses. Investments.  

If this is your hope then you should consider checking yourself in to be sectioned under the mental health act, because pursuing this line is tantamount to self harm. Criminal charges against directors are unheard of.

There is just no way that the directors assets will be seized. Sorry. Whatever is theoretically possible under UK law, it doesn't change the fact that this is virtually never ever considered an option by authorities.

At the end of the day this is just so so unlikely to get to criminal proceedings against the director, either it was a scam all along in which case he is long gone, or it wasn't and he has nothing to worry about other than irate ex-customers from his old company.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
pw4x3r

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:10:42 PM

@pw4x3r
You are waiting now for courts decision or what is the next step?

I'm waiting to receive my mail from the UK which will have some additional login info for the court's money claim site so that I may upload additional defensive documents.

As soon as this happens, I submit, sit back, and laugh.
pw4x3r

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:13:33 PM

Dear Mr XXXX

We have spoken to a neighbouring business who advised that your debtor’s shop has not been opened for a few months and he has had numerous people coming in about them.  He said he is aware that they took a lot of deposits and then left.  Seemed to think this was a scam.

I'm afraid this post seems to be more alarming than it is. Someone is at their address receiving their mail because I have filed a claim against them and Akram has gotten it and tried to defend himself before two weeks has even passed.

Maybe they are not opening their doors to people. Maybe it is shut down.... Maybe the doors are closed. Maybe they don't want you knowing its there. They are still operating out of their legal address. *fact*

It doesn't really matter what is happening at the building. They are still in communication through that address. This post is more fear mongering than anything.
Xell

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:17:28 PM

@pw4x3r
You are waiting now for courts decision or what is the next step?

I'm waiting to receive my mail from the UK which will have some additional login info for the court's money claim site so that I may upload additional defensive documents.

As soon as this happens, I submit, sit back, and laugh.

You won't be laughing for long, because you will need to attend the hearing in person. It seems you are not based in the UK, so a considerable extra financial risk to take if you want to actually have any chance of winning the court action.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 03:17:31 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 03:35:52 PM by Slipknot79

Dear Mr XXXX

We have spoken to a neighbouring business who advised that your debtor’s shop has not been opened for a few months and he has had numerous people coming in about them.  He said he is aware that they took a lot of deposits and then left.  Seemed to think this was a scam.

Have done this and got:

Contact Consumer Direct

Thank you for taking time to complete the Action Fraud report. So far from the answers you have provided this does not appear to be a fraud that we can report. However this is a matter that should be reported to Citizens Advice.

We suggest that you try to resolve the issue with the supplier if possible, or if this is not possible, contact Consumer Direct. Citizens Advice are a Government funded service who provide information and advice on consumer issues.

Citizens Advice can be contacted on 08454 040 506. Open 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.

Entered information honestly and correctly.

€dit: Yo, solved. Had to check "others on forums are affected", now i can proceed.

Xell

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:48:34 PM

Hey can anyone confirm if the terms have changed on the site in the last few days?
https://alpha-t.net/terms-order/

Was the penultimate paragraph there a few days ago with (a)-(d) exclusions?

If that was really added in the last day or so, it's definitely a response to posts here in this thread IMO.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
retro72

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:09:35 PM

I'm afraid this post seems to be more alarming than it is. Someone is at their address receiving their mail because I have filed a claim against them and Akram has gotten it and tried to defend himself before two weeks has even passed.

Maybe they are not opening their doors to people. Maybe it is shut down.... Maybe the doors are closed. Maybe they don't want you knowing its there. They are still operating out of their legal address. *fact*

It doesn't really matter what is happening at the building. They are still in communication through that address. This post is more fear mongering than anything.

No, you do not know this is a fact. Fiaz could drop by once a week to pick up the mail. Their father could forward it to them. You have NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING ON THERE.

I have just spoke to a friend who has told me there has been nothing going on there for MONTHS and that flyers and posters are covering the shutters, having to be removed by locals because they are unsightly. Benjamin07 sent debt collectors there who spoke to the local neighbourhood and they corroborated this.

You know it's funny, I seem to remember warning people about Alpha many months ago and got pretty much the same response:
"This post is more fear mongering than anything"
We know how that turned out Roll Eyes

Well I've posted what I have been told by people ACTUALLY ON THE GROUND THERE but if you choose to ignore it that's up to you. What you do with your time and money is up to you, but even if you got an award from a Judge I think there is very little chance you will ever see a penny of it.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:15:38 PM

Hey can anyone confirm if the terms have changed on the site in the last few days?

If that was really added in the last day or so, it's definitely a response to posts here in this thread IMO.

The whole section was not even in their original terms and conditions.  What is posted below was the Terms as of March 29th.  They haven't changed this section since then.

Law and liability

The rights set out in this these terms and conditions represent the full extent of your rights in respect of the product and all warranties, representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations), conditions and all other terms of any kind whatsoever implied by statute or common law are excluded from your pre-order to the maximum extent permitted by law. We shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit or for indirect or consequential loss suffered by you whether as a result of any breach of these terms by us or as a result of our negligence. These limitations and exclusions of liability shall not apply to our liability: (a) for death or personal injury caused by negligence; (b) under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; (c) due to any breach by us of the conditions and terms as to title or warranty as to quiet possession; or (d) for fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation.
anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 04:16:53 PM

So who moved this thread into the Mining subforum?  It used to be in the main Altcoin section?
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 04:21:30 PM

So who moved this thread into the Mining subforum?  It used to be in the main Altcoin section?

Dunno. At first I thought maybe Alpha-T had deleted the entire thread.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 04:38:42 PM

This is a kid with family ties to India

I got the impression for some reason that they were of Pakistani origin.
Derekman

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:21:36 PM

The whole section was not even in their original terms and conditions.  What is posted below was the Terms as of March 29th.  They haven't changed this section since then.

Law and liability

The rights set out in this these terms and conditions represent the full extent of your rights in respect of the product and all warranties, representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations), conditions and all other terms of any kind whatsoever implied by statute or common law are excluded from your pre-order to the maximum extent permitted by law. We shall not be liable to you for any loss of profit or for indirect or consequential loss suffered by you whether as a result of any breach of these terms by us or as a result of our negligence. These limitations and exclusions of liability shall not apply to our liability: (a) for death or personal injury caused by negligence; (b) under Part 1 of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; (c) due to any breach by us of the conditions and terms as to title or warranty as to quiet possession; or (d) for fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation.

Just because they quote "their terms" does not mean they will hold water with a judge. English Law is the ultimate authority along side EU law. If they think they can defraud by saying they are not liable to anything fraudulent then they will have a surprise
Xell

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:36:11 PM

Actually I have to disagree. You are not considered a business by a simple purchase. Example, My wife drags me yard selling, I find a comic book I know is worth $1000 and pay a dime. I then sell it for $500 that same day. In no way shape or form am I considered a business. I simply have to claim the extra income on my taxes.

Another example... I buy a Collectors Edition Diablo game for $90. Suddenly someone is willing to give me $250. I sell and claim the extra income on taxes. That is not a business. 

You are wrong. See example 3 here:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/selling/examples.htm

On one visit to a car boot sale, she spots a bronze statue, which she knows is quite valuable. She buys it for £5, and when she gets home she immediately goes online and puts it up for auction. Within an hour she sells it for £220, a profit of £215.

Over the next six months, Carmen finds three more bronzes by the same sculptor. She pays a total of £80 for them but sells them online for £700. She also purchases some First Editions of Sherlock Holmes stories for £80 and sells them through an auction for £540.

Carmen is clearly trading. The whole enterprise has an air of commerciality. She needs to inform HMRC of her activities, and she should be keeping a record of all her income and expenses to help her complete her first tax return. The level of sales will not exceed the VAT threshold so Carmen does not need to register for VAT.

Informing HMRC is not the same as registering as a company, and is not needed as far as alpha-t go in order for you to be a business. That is your duty, and irrelevant to AT.

┈┈┈┈┈ TYCOON ┈┈┈┈┈
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 06:49:45 PM

Carmens bronze statue has value.
Viper units are worthless. No business possible. Its pure hobby.

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 08:21:30 PM

Xell, are you a lawyer licensed to practice in the UK or EU or are you just pretending to be one on the internet  ?
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: