Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:53:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 253 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now!  (Read 529010 times)
benjamin07

Activity: 223
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:47:46 PM

My decision based on risk analysis is as follows:

1) The probability of getting money back easily is small.
2) The probability of them being a company with just bad customer support is small.
3) The probability of them being thieves and fraudsters is cetrain (let's say extremely likely)

So my only chance to get the money back is to pay in full when the product is finished only to return it within 7 days for full refund. Given the history of this company and the people behind it: this will happen only in their dreams.

Unfortunately I cannot but still give them the benefit of the doubt, and still wait will 1 October 2014 to do the following. I would like to prepare as of now only to action then.

I will get in touch with a local lawyer in Australia and file a claim with the police. This is all what I want to do. The minute their name is with the police, these guys are never going to set foot in Australia. I don't want this kind of people in my country and the loss of the 30% is a price i am willing to pay to protect us from them. All it will cost me is probably around $500-$750, if anyone is a customer and is in Australia and would like to join in to share please PM. After that I'll probably get a large percentage back from the CC company based on insurance claim (defective product within 2 years, defect being there is no product), not based on standard terms.

That is for Defence.

For offense, to be honest I will not appoint a lawyer in the UK from here. I tried that with the debt collector and I had a feeling they would fight more for me but it is what it is. I trust someone in the UK will file against them and will be looking forward to the outcome even a year from now and then will see that to do. Unless there is a real class action suit then i will join in after 1 October 2014.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:12:12 AM

My decision based on risk analysis is as follows:

1) The probability of getting money back easily is small.
2) The probability of them being a company with just bad customer support is small.
3) The probability of them being thieves and fraudsters is cetrain (let's say extremely likely)

So my only chance to get the money back is to pay in full when the product is finished only to return it within 7 days for full refund. Given the history of this company and the people behind it: this will happen only in their dreams.

Unfortunately I cannot but still give them the benefit of the doubt, and still wait will 1 October 2014 to do the following. I would like to prepare as of now only to action then.

I will get in touch with a local lawyer in Australia and file a claim with the police. This is all what I want to do. The minute their name is with the police, these guys are never going to set foot in Australia. I don't want this kind of people in my country and the loss of the 30% is a price i am willing to pay to protect us from them. All it will cost me is probably around $500-$750, if anyone is a customer and is in Australia and would like to join in to share please PM. After that I'll probably get a large percentage back from the CC company based on insurance claim (defective product within 2 years, defect being there is no product), not based on standard terms.

That is for Defence.

For offense, to be honest I will not appoint a lawyer in the UK from here. I tried that with the debt collector and I had a feeling they would fight more for me but it is what it is. I trust someone in the UK will file against them and will be looking forward to the outcome even a year from now and then will see that to do. Unless there is a real class action suit then i will join in after 1 October 2014.

Your delay to act will hurt you. Too many people are going after them now so you will be left holding an empty wallet. Jump on board to at least have a fighting chance.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Forceflow

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:07:30 AM

http://www.thesecurityadvocate.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Keep-Calm-and-Call-a-Lawyer.jpg

Conjecture about T&C and other facts related to this issue is no substitute for getting the help of a practicing solicitor.
^^this

I am drafting a lawsuit.  I am also challenging the 30% deposit with my bank.  I will be posting relevant breach portions next week that should apply to any common law jurisdiction (including the UK). I will also post my fraudulent inducement argument (which is 100% solid in the US and should work in the UK since it is pretty much the same law).  I am not posting it as legal advice.  I am not posting it somewhere where Alpha can see it.  They will see it when my process server shoves it in their greedy faces.  I will not be suing them in the UK.  They will have to fly to the States or hire a US attorney to defend themselves.  US jurisdiction allows me to sue them here because they targeted US customers, they reasonably expected therefore to be haled into court here.  If they didn't, they shouldn't have sold to US customers (specifically me).  Finally, I will 100% win on a local statutory fraud count against them.  My local fraud statute covers even INNOCENT MISREPRESENTATIONS that are not corrected by a business to consumers.   Consumers, in that statute, are defined as including even BUSINESSES that purchase products from other businesses so their bullshit business argument won't work.  Since I never intended to sell my Viper, it will work 100%.  I've won about 8 lawsuits so far for clients, never anticipated doing one for myself, using this argument.  Against major banks, big Fortune 500 businesses, and local contractors.  The statute grants attorneys fees, costs, punitive damages, and actual damages (I'm going to push for $50,000 in punitive damages).

Their 2 bit solicitors will get royally fucked if they fight because I will rack up attorneys fees and still win.  There are NO DEFENSES to statutory fraud -- it is strict liability.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strict_liability

"The term "consumer" means any person who purchases or contracts for the purchase of merchandise not for resale in the ordinary course of his trade or business but for his use or that of a member of his household."

"The term "person" includes any natural person or his legal representative, partnership, corporation (domestic and foreign), company, trust, business entity or association, and any agent, employee, salesman, partner, officer, director, member, stockholder, associate, trustee or cestui que trust thereof."

I will say that I am not representing myself -- my brother, unfortunately, paid the 30% deposit and placed the order. I told him it was a good opportunity and I regret that to this day.  That's why I'm vehemently trying to make this right for him but Alpha is so blatantly unremorsefully shameless that I probably have to slap them with a big judgment and seize their personal property (I've made more than one fraud defendant HOMELESS) before they come to terms with their illegal acts.  I am a bulldog and I don't let go after I tear a piece of a shady Defendant's ass out.

Ok i am immigrating to America and making friends with Forceflow - FOREVER! 

LOL. I often think about moving out of here but my law degree is (mostly) worthless outside of the US.

Anyways, to those worried about recovery of assets, get your judgment and I will post information about recovery of funds.  That's my specialty.  I get other attorneys to give me judgments and I collect them.  Judgments are, otherwise, useless pieces of paper.  I turn them into cash.  I'm suing in the US because I know how to do that with US judgments.  But I won't say anything because I'm certain Alpha is reading this.  Just know Alpha, you can run, but you can't hide.

Secondly, should they flee to India.  There are many means of dealing with them there but I will admit it is harder.  That being said, I don't see them doing that until the tide has fully turned and no one could reasonably believe that has happened yet.  I think the best course is lots of small claims actions because small claims actions move very quickly due to their relative informality and because the possibility for a default judgment is high.  Class actions require certification of the class as a first step and are very formal.  Judgments must be approved by a Judge and enforcing the Judgment is cumbersome at best.  The fastest process is filing in the UK and getting a judgment directly there but I also see major advantages to filing in the US and getting a powerful judgment that I can get recognized by a UK court.  UK courts won't scrutinize the Judgment and so it will be enforceable after one hearing.

http://www.bryancave.com/files/Publication/79f83465-e69c-43fc-ab2d-40e57ba2ef20/Presentation/PublicationAttachment/6fc6a211-4bcc-4850-8d84-48acb2643c98/Briefing_Enforcement%20of%20US%20Judgments%20in%20England.pdf
bpl

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:43:28 AM

Hi guys,

Been following you for some time now.

I have filed 2 complaints with paypal so far - no luck.
Talked to my bank about this - they said that the chance of getting any money back is pretty low as a lot of time has passed.

In the meantime i also wrote some mails to Alpha.First i got also the standard reply etc, but after my last mail in which i explained that they are in breach of contract they said they are willing to refund 50% - 70pounds from my 30% deposit.

Should i take this? It would be only 132.5 pounds from the 405 pounds deposit.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 09:51:23 AM

Hi guys,

Talked to my bank about this - they said that the chance of getting any money back is pretty low as a lot of time has passed.

In the meantime i also wrote some mails to Alpha.First i got also the standard reply etc, but after my last mail in which i explained that they are in breach of contract they said they are willing to refund 50% - 70pounds from my 30% deposit.

Not saying this is your intention, but this is your first post and it seems to benefit AT. They get to keep 50% of our deposits due to their negligence. If they do or don't end up selling these units, they should refund deposits to anyone who requests it. I can't imagine gifting them our money.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
bpl

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 10:19:02 AM

Hi guys,

Not saying this is your intention, but this is your first post and it seems to benefit AT. They get to keep 50% of our deposits due to their negligence. If they do or don't end up selling these units, they should refund deposits to anyone who requests it. I can't imagine gifting them our money.

Yes i'm aware of how my post seems but under no circumstances i said to just let the money go. I was interested more in some opinions regarding what can i do if i accept their offer (they refund 132 pounds ) but also want the rest of my money. Are there any other means to recover the difference  because it seems that if i agree to this i would waive my right to get a full refund on my deposit

marco5109

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:03:27 AM

Hi guys,

Yes i'm aware of how my post seems but under no circumstances i said to just let the money go. I was interested more in some opinions regarding what can i do if i accept their offer (they refund 132 pounds ) but also want the rest of my money. Are there any other means to recover the difference  because it seems that if i agree to this i would waive my right to get a full refund on my deposit

true , this is his first post and  to the benefit of alpha, but i also see that they are still willing to communicate and make some kind of a deal
good or bad from costumers point of view. point is they are still present some where , so let's try and find them with all means legally available .
@forceflow  i'm glad to hear from you again , because you have experience in lawsuits and your advice is needed here.
regards

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:04:26 PM

Hi guys,

true , this is his first post and  to the benefit of alpha, but i also see that they are still willing to communicate and make some kind of a deal
good or bad from costumers point of view. point is they are still present some where , so let's try and find them with all means legally available .
@forceflow  i'm glad to hear from you again , because you have experience in lawsuits and your advice is needed here.
regards

Still willing to communicate? They have deleted all of their posts here, deleted posts on their forum and deleted users accounts as well as IP Banned them for good measure. Seems a bit extreme.
They have ignored ALL questions here since the post deletion. Their forum is basically dead because they delete everything.
I just don't trust AT right now. At this point, I think you lawsuit question has more relevance and I'm excited to hear more on this front.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
marco5109

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 12:30:47 PM

no offense, but my point  is, keep an open mind and don't let emotions keep you distracted
in other words whatever they did or do at any forum is not relevant, are you capable of getting some or all of your money back.
that's the first question? second;  can you find them?
third; are they willing,  or can they be forced legally to pay back.
that's how i look at this case and try to help with an idea, and if it's not workable so be it.
regards

hallo_frosch

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:47:34 PM

Very interesting news from Alpha-T in there Forum:

https://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?topic=952.0

And very amusing.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 02:49:09 PM

Reading through the Alpha-T forums is a laugh a minute. Now that all the people with difficult questions to ask have been banned and all the posts which question the Alpha-T 'clean sweep' propaganda have been deleted, it reads like an Alpha-T sock puppet party.

Even Akram is now hiding his posts behind a general purpose 'Alpha-T administrator' login seemingly to avoid the possibility of any direct attribution of statements or policy to his name.

Semantic analysis suggests the liklihood that the that 'Alpha-T Support Team' is either Akram or Fiaz.

The funniest post I could find today was this:

Re: An Opportunity For Miners to Become An Integral Part of Alpha Technology

Customer aph5 asks:

« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
If AT failed once with the chip design, then... they can fail once again…

Alpha Technology Administrator replies:

« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2014, 04:16:32 PM »
Can't really speak to those fears now. Those bridges will be crossed if we get there.

So there are 7 weeks left until the end of September and Alpha-T doesn't yet know whether their current attempt to build a working chip is going to work out yet. But no worries, you can have 30% of the company …

Interested people would like to know:

a) How much is 30% of all the deposits Alpha-T have taken and are refusing to refund ?
b) Do the new shareholders also get 30% of the company liabilities ?

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:14:58 PM

no offense, but my point  is, keep an open mind and don't let emotions keep you distracted
in other words whatever they did or do at any forum is not relevant, are you capable of getting some or all of your money back.
that's the first question? second;  can you find them?
third; are they willing,  or can they be forced legally to pay back.
that's how i look at this case and try to help with an idea, and if it's not workable so be it.
regards

No offense taken. But I see you joined July 28, roughly 2 weeks ago. You should perhaps have a look at my older posts where I was trying to keep a bit of the order here. I wasn't so much defending AT but trying to keep things going in a more business direction and not so much personal (e.g. Against Fiaz). I was attacked by a few posters but nothing too bad and in hindsight it was understandable as I was giving AT the benefit of the doubt. Suffice to say, at this point in time, after all we have been through, the only thing left is doubt.

I don't mean to discount your words, what I'm rather saying is AT should not have an out at our expense. They should not profit at our expense. Let's just keep that in mind.
If we are going to be running a loss from this venture, I expect the exact same thing of AT.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 04:15:39 PM

Mubasher is the founder of Alpha Technology and is a graduate in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. With his vision, innovative thinking, enthusiasm, and hard work he has led us to this stage and made our project a success.
<snip>
Mubasher is responsible for liaising with all aspects of engineering on a daily basis

Also from https://alpha-t.net/about-us/team-2/

Eric is responsible for all aspects of Alpha Technology ASIC development and supply chain including management of external design and manufacturing partners.

So, Mubasher talks to Eric every day. Why hasn't he provided a full and transparent disclosure of project status to customers ?

Here is what the Alpha-T updates used to look like in the distant past:

https://web.archive.org/web/20131106092909/http://alpha-t.net/news

Blast from the past: https://web.archive.org/web/20140210074928/https://alpha-t.net/about-us/team-2/

No mention of Eric Gunn.

More blast from the past: https://web.archive.org/web/20140208054509/https://alpha-t.net/

Still no Eric Gunn.

Another blast, this one mentioning that Mohammed Akram held the position of Finance Director for Alpha-T. I'd say that puts him squarely in the line of responsibility as a former director of the company.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140210074928/https://alpha-t.net/about-us/team-2/

An early forum index, with Its About Sharing asking: Why was shipping changed to "as soon as July"? Had  Alpha-T already started backtracking on their promise of delivery by July 15-30. Does this suggest that Alpha-T understood that statements by Fiaz could reasonably be construed as altering the Alpha T&C, which stated Q2/Q3.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140327085256/http://forum.alpha-t.net/index.php?board=2.0

These guys have already missed their promised delivery date. It looks like they are going to miss their next promised delivery date. It wouldn't surprise me if they buy a machine from Zeus, repackage it in their case, and ship one to a sock puppet before  Sept. 30 just so they can claim they met their commitment. It wouldn't surprise me at all. There is a reason this product was named the Viper ...

s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 04:35:00 PM

My favorite blast from the past, the famous May 22 'Send Us All Your Money, Everything Is Going Great' subterfuge:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140702153657/https://alpha-t.net/news/

May 22, 2014
  Greetings Miners! We’re happy to inform you that development is finalizing and we are on track for shipment in July. We will soon receive our chips at which time we will have finished up on development and can begin assembling the devices. Therefore, it is now time to collect the remainder of the funds for your order(s). The invoice Continue Reading

Followed quickly on the heels by the May 27 'Performance Upgrade' tease:

May 27, 2014
  Greetings Miners! After long consideration, lengthy negotiations with our vendors/partners and downright demands being placed from our side in light of competitiveness within the market we have decided to further cut our profit margins and are extraordinary pleased to announce that we will be packing more hash power into your batch 1 devices (whilst scaling power accordingly so not Continue Reading

What is the date today ? August 10 … and counting … 7 weeks to go.
s1gs3gv
Legendary

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 04:39:56 PM

And very amusing.

Yeah, that is a funny one too …

To paraphrase: 'We have your deposit, no you can not have it back. It is in your interest to stop causing problems and work with us because we are not legally required to provide the performance upgrades we announced."
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:00:53 PM

And very amusing.

To paraphrase: 'We have your deposit, no you can not have it back. It is in your interest to stop causing problems and work with us because we are not legally required to provide the performance upgrades we announced."
What is priceless is that they aren't even trying to deny that they are legally obligated to give refunds anymore.  They just keep spewing some shit about going above and beyond, and providing more then they have to...  Like anyone believes they offered an upgrade to 50/250MH out of kindness, hahah...
coinits
Legendary

Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:05:13 PM

And very amusing.

What is priceless is that they aren't even trying to deny that they are legally obligated to give refunds anymore.  They just keep spewing some shit about going above and beyond, and providing more then they have to...  Like anyone believes they offered an upgrade to 50/250MH out of kindness, hahah...

That is because scam artists are delusional and always blame the victim. This is a stereotypical example.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
pw4x3r

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:11:08 PM

This one in particular is F'ing hilarious

And while technically the due date has passed we of course haven’t cancelled anybody’s orders but at a certain point enough is enough.

"Of course" they are not cancelling orders because "technically" is 100% bullshit and they are basically admitting here they are in the wrong. They of course cannot cancel anyone's order because that would be even way more obviously illegal than everything else they are doing.
uozer

Activity: 381
Merit: 100

PRiVCY

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:13:04 PM

And very amusing.

can you guys copy it here for the banned crowd Wink

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:13:22 PM

And very amusing.

Very interesting.  So I guess I can feel good about my having paid for my order 100% in bitcoin being a shareholder soon and all (ahem).  I guess we will know something one way or another within a few weeks :/

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 253 »
  Print  

Jump to: