Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:11:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017.  (Read 6934 times)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:31:15 PM

Perhaps in 2018 ICO makers no longer focus on the project's objectives, they just want to raise capital so much, the project still has many shortcomings but they still want to raise funds to develop them. As the ICO has not officially intervened, the opening of the ICO is rampant in the market.
I bet only you can understand all the things you have just said. You think 2017 was not worst ? Even though we have some pretty good ICOs in 2017, we still had a lot of scams that evolved and ended up running away with investor's funds.

So far so good, I believe 2018 will even be a better year than last year with the way regulation is taking shape and this should at least help us to see some sane leveled environment. Also, looking at the way some of the social media sites are going about to verify legit ICOs and companies, we might as well start seeing the start of scam ICOs being washed down the drain.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:07:17 AM

this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

EDIT:

here is a new one i am going in to.

XSOLUS BLOCKCHAIN ICO - 4,000,000 $ REFERRAL BOUNTY LAUNCHED TODAY. (ICO LIVE 1-5-2018)

XSOLUS Blockchain ICO REFERRAL BOUNTY (4,000,000$)

🌎Crowdsale is live:
https://crowdfund.xsolus.com/

MAXIMUM SUPPLY: 50,000,000 XSO

ICO : 40,000,000 XSO

PRICE: 0.0001 BTC (approximately 0.80 — 0.90$)

BEST ICO 2018!!!

🌎Crowdsale is live:

Here is a new major project.

50,000,000 XSO coins max supply

4,000,000 XSO given when your referral buys in the ICO

Price : 0.0001 BTC or approximately 0.80 -0.90$

Reason I believe it’s a good investment :

1) No bounty coins given except the 10% referral Coins given when your referral buys.

2) They have Prototypes on all their 4 products ready.

a) Open Source Blockchain going live June 1
b) Exchange launching June 1
c) An incubator ( platform to build & launch
other ICOs on) live May 1, 2018
d) Wallet and Payment solutions ( will be ERC-20 tokens compatible)
3) A team of over 30 coders who have experience of over 50 years combined

4) XSOLUS is a real company that was launched 2001 offering technological services.

5) No Soft cap because all the products are already developed just will be expanding and improving them further to add more services to the Platforms.

6) No KYC or Country Restricted from the ICO.

7) Already have lined up clients/ partners for their Incubation platform.

⚡️Join Referral Bounty :

Official Telegram group : https://t.me/xsolus
Welcome to the official Telegram group for Xsolus!

✔️ Name: Xsolus
💬 Official Telegram Group: https://t.me/xsolus

🎬 Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3xhnH7VK4Q

📃 Whitepaper: https://xsolus.com/whitepaper.pdf

🌐 Coin blockchain: COTR (Coin Of The Realm)

⛏ Total supply: 50,000,000 XSO

💰 Price: 1 XSO = 0.00010000 BTC

Referral Bounty: 10% of what your referrals buys (4,000,000 $ )

💲 Hard Cap: 4000 BTC
🔢 Accepted currencies:

ETH, BTC (first round) LTC, DASH, and XMR (upcoming rounds)

Website

https://xsolus.com/

Crowdfunding Details

https://xsolus.com/crowdfunding

Team

https://xsolus.com/#team

https://xsolus.com/crowdfunding#team

Roadmap

https://xsolus.com/crowdfunding#roadmap

Telegram Channel

https://t.me/xsolusinc

Twitter

https://twitter.com/xsolus

LinkedIn

https://www.linkedin.com/company/xsolus/

Instagram

Xsolus Inc. (@xsolusinc) * Instagram photos and videos

2,451 Followers, 928 Following, 138 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Xsolus Inc. (@xsolusinc)
www.instagram.com   

by Rhinoboy11

How do you expect ICOs in 2018 to be the same as of in 2017? They will always be different. This is 2018 and things are different now, you don’t expect the same thing that happens in 2017 to be happening in 2018, you either expect it to be better or worst. 2017 was more better, but I still believe that 2018 is good and much is going to happen soon. We haven’t even passed mid-2018, so let’s just have patience till we cross the mid and see what happens next.
eikzbtc

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:12:44 AM

ICOs are total scam at most. Choose wisely, only if you know the team or project is well-known and stable. Low profit is better than no profit. Plus bounty can make you some extra $ even if the project is scam, just do your thing and ask for payment weekly at least, better daily))
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:49:15 AM

ICO 2018 projects will be developed over 2017. In order to accommodate such developments, the cryptocurrency market will have to be volatile and adjustment of coin prices is needed. After completing all that, I think the market will be more and more potential ICO projects and develop in the near future.

KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:05:11 AM

I see that ICO projects seem to be taking longer to sell, the current market is quite sensitive, so it seems that the project developers want to prolong the time.

Most of the ico now are extending their run until the 3rd quarter of this year as they're more confident that 3rd quarter will be good to them.

Though seeing and experiencing the history, ICO in 2017 are got more successful than now and the fact that most of the ICO now are scam. So we can't blame the investors if they'll just wait the coin to gets listed or be doubtful in everything.
I am not against these ICOs but mostly what I hear about them is they don’t allow you to earn money. They are mainly losing money for users and some of them are scams. As people don’t know about them, they start attracting them and offering different scam products and schemes which people accept without any research and ending is so worst. So better is to avoid such sources.
sannyday

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:18:31 AM

Yeah, I also tend to avoid ICOs, here and there there is something interesting, but I feel like there is so much growth happening in various places and it's all in the beginnings, that rather than chasing new sprouts I prefer to check out young trees, to se, if they look like they will bare some fruit.
sannyday

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:19:35 AM

Also, what do you guys think about trends in ICOs this year? Is it getting better, cuz the sentiment changes and now its harder or is it all shit now? What do you think about security tokens?
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:09:16 AM

Investing in ICO is like walking with both eyes blind folded. You may be lucky as you are groping you may not get injured but if you are not that lucky you might even get killed.We are having more ICOs this year than that of last year.So also higher the risk.
darsiderin

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:09:37 AM

Investing in ICO is like walking with both eyes blind folded. You may be lucky as you are groping you may not get injured but if you are not that lucky you might even get killed.We are having more ICOs this year than that of last year.So also higher the risk.
The mere existence of the ICO is a huge achievement. Many people have a real opportunity to realize many interesting ideas. Last year there were a lot of scammers, but soon they will be less, I'm sure of it. Cool

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:38:49 PM

2017 was an amazing year for crypto currency, with the bullish market, majority of ICOs were hits regardless of the developers.
2018, has been bearish so far (although it's easing a little). Things are looking up enough, with the crypto consensus coming up.
Regardless 2017, was the best year for ICOs.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:33:45 PM

Change is the only constant thing in any market. ICO investing is still in it's early days and we can expect to see many changes as we go along and make happen this wonderful new way of raising much needed fund for projects.
Indeed, we have to embrace the changes and we need to adjust by following the news so we can make timely actions.
As believer in crypto, we always believe as it continue to exist it will also grow and what we have seen now is that the ICOs are increasing
and the marketcap are constantly increasing as well, eventually we will break the ATH this year, there's plenty of time.
it may be increasing, but the huge ICO rush we had in 2017 is not the same way 2018 is coming up. However, it is understandable that there has been a regulation that has been put in place to clamp down on ICOs which I believe has been helping to clean the space from a lot of shitty and scam ICOs and a very good way forward.

I believe we will only get to see few reputable ICOs this year and that to me is good enough. The smaller and better ICOs, the merrier it is for every investor.
thinknow11

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 07:28:36 PM

Hello, it's true that "Initial Coin Offering" (ICO) is not as viable/lucrative as it was in 2017. However, it's even far better to wait for new coins to be listed on a particular exchange before investing. This will be more lucrative as investors at this stage will be able to get it more cheaper than the early investors.
carlfebz2

Activity: 2968
Merit: 730

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:30:01 PM

Change is the only constant thing in any market. ICO investing is still in it's early days and we can expect to see many changes as we go along and make happen this wonderful new way of raising much needed fund for projects.
Indeed, we have to embrace the changes and we need to adjust by following the news so we can make timely actions.
As believer in crypto, we always believe as it continue to exist it will also grow and what we have seen now is that the ICOs are increasing
and the marketcap are constantly increasing as well, eventually we will break the ATH this year, there's plenty of time.
it may be increasing, but the huge ICO rush we had in 2017 is not the same way 2018 is coming up. However, it is understandable that there has been a regulation that has been put in place to clamp down on ICOs which I believe has been helping to clean the space from a lot of shitty and scam ICOs and a very good way forward.

I believe we will only get to see few reputable ICOs this year and that to me is good enough. The smaller and better ICOs, the merrier it is for every investor.
I will prefer for it to be regulated which would be applied into upcoming ICO's which will really put end to those fraud projects which do only aims on scamming out investors. Comparing last year and this year we do see such increase in numbers but most of them or high percentage are just total garbage unlike on previous year were most of projects are really worth to invest on but now you will hesitate already because high risk on losing money is there.
Seundavid

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:41:35 PM

I must be sincere there is changes compare to last year and we are still expecting more changes.
Finestream

Activity: 3066
Merit: 606

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:38:18 PM

2017 was an amazing year for crypto currency, with the bullish market, majority of ICOs were hits regardless of the developers.
2018, has been bearish so far (although it's easing a little). Things are looking up enough, with the crypto consensus coming up.
Agreed.I think 2018 will still be good for ICO too since the price market is starting to get stable.There may be bearish and bullish times but hopefully it will stay longer in bull season.I know there will be more investors coming this year so i don't worry much about ICOs.

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:36:41 PM

This year more ico projects have been getting developed, but very few grew high profiting the investors. Last year the scenario was different, most of the ICO projects succeeded along with the price pumping of bitcoin and Ethereum. Hope, by the falling months the ICO projects will begin to pump higher.
What do you expect from a bear market really ?
There is always time for everything and all that is required is mainly patience as there is no way anyone can just simply expect to get everything immediately from an ICO or any project within a short period. The only thing I am seeing so far is just stalled growth with the market condition, but it would not obviously be this way forever.

Plus, I see some scam ICOs having no space in the market this year and on, with the way things are going.
Rhinoboy11 (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:51:41 PM

Eternal Trusts. Looks like a good one

The Eternal Trust token drives the Eternal Trust ecosystem. The platform is created in a manner that promotes the use of these tokens as this will help in improving its value thus creating more funds that can be used to promote research in life elongating fields. The ETT will also be used as a way of helping Eternal Trust make their project a reality. It will be used during the ICO period as the item of sale to raise funds for the platform. The sale will run between the 1st of June and 1st of August of 2018.
allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:00:36 PM

Agreed.I think 2018 will still be good for ICO too since the price market is starting to get stable.There may be bearish and bullish times but hopefully it will stay longer in bull season.I know there will be more investors coming this year so i don't worry much about ICOs.
in any case, investors should become active if the market starts to rise. But judging by the current state of things on the market, in 2018 a big upswing should not be expected.
Rhinoboy11 (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:38:31 AM

has anyone checked this Eternal trust ICO?

Eternal Trust will provide services that will preserve parts of your body or your entire body until life prolonging technologies have been realized. The strides being made are really impressive in some of the fields such as cloning which has been done successfully with animals before and may hopefully progress to humans in the near future. Those who may want to be cloned when this technology arrives will have the option of storing their DNA with Eternal Trust who will ensure that this is done upon realization of the process.
odb1

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 06:36:38 AM

I think some ICO's are risky because users start selling their tokens after launch and price fall down very fast. I have participated in 2 ICO's till now one is RKC (Royal Kingdom Coin) which was the worst for me as they have shut down their all offices / services in UAE and coin have no value now i lost about 400$ in it, other one is ETN which is good and i hope that it will touch the sky soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: