Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:10:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017.  (Read 6929 times)
bungsoh

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:52:58 AM

This is a world turnaround. Like a wheel spin. The phase changes from one condition to another. The condition as you are experiencing (ICO is not well developed) is one of the impacts of the current major cryptocurrency conditions. If he is stable then they will be stable.
Mwalshe89

Activity: 233

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 11:15:20 PM

Uniquely the scope of ISO projects will be different from 2017! In many villages, laws restricting citizens' opportunities for investment have been introduced. As practice shows, from 2016 every year there is a decrease in the number of successful ICO and the percentage of those projects that could not raise money...
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:52:46 AM

Yes, I agree. Because it seems like bounty hunters when recieving their tokens are always dumping the price significantly
Iamdeadlyz

Activity: 402
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:56:07 AM

Hmm I think almost all of the ICOs have gone through that phase. Dips can happen if there are those bounty or airdrop users selling without checking the orderbook.
s.Zavgorod

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

"IGT-crypto - lifetime income from working exchang

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:06:38 AM

The theme of ICOs has definetely lost that 2017 hype as the whole crypto market is in decline. But, in general, I still perceive it pretty positively as the total amount of investment in ICOs is growing.
Now the cryptocurrency has gained huge support. If earlier crypto currency existed and did not interfere with anyone and allowed investors not to care about anything, now is the time when the crypto currency should be supported and helped to survive these difficult times.

▬▬▬ ALREADY WORKING EXCHANGE ▻▻▻ IGT - CRYPTO ◁◁◁50% SOFT CAP COMPLETED▬▬▬
▬▬▬ G I V E A W A Y ETH every week LIFETIME PASSIVE INCOME▬▬▬▬    
▻▻▻WHITE PAPERANN THREAD◁◁◁
mine2slow

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:50:57 PM

this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs

I partially go along with your point of view. In most cases, I just stop myself from purchasing one more coin on the ICO and wait for its release in the market and the first drawdown (which happens in 90% of cases) and then I decide what to do next!
mine2slow

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:51:26 PM

I think 2017 is the peak of ICO. Many crooks and shit coins have landed. But in 2018, under the bear market, the ICO lecture becomes a shit. Few projects can stand out from the ICO. So I did not choose to invest in ICO this year.

The share of useless projects is very big this year, and the situation will be worse. I think next year everybody would say 2017 was the golden age, and 2018 also was not too bad)
cewekimut

Activity: 798

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:13:44 AM

Yes I also think so. In early 2017, there were only very few ICOs that could be followed. It depend on the ICO itself. But, there were limited ICO scams. now, we may find out so many ICOs. Among of them are scams and some are legit. Just need to think more to avoid this situation.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
maitexisi

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 01:16:44 AM

There are many frauds in the ICO of 2018. The ICO project in 2017 is successful and may be related to the bull market.

However, I believe that as long as we find a good ICO project, we can still invest in it.

MUST.IO
THE FINANCIAL REVOLUTION (https://must.io/)
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:20:50 AM

At the beginning of the year everything was ok. the bitcoin price was very high and people wanted the fast money. then the market fell by 60-70% and people lost a lot of money. and they invest less in ico. then come the Scam Ico. Envion !!!!!! and many others - over $ 100 million have disappeared. The investors lose confidence. And there are too many bad ico. Always the same. 10 x mining ico without success. There are only a few good ideas. And it gets worse the next weeks and months.
People should invest more in the top 10. then the market would rise again. too many ico is not good for the market
The problem are not the icos but the scammers making it believe that they are releasing an ico and another big problem are investors that do not take the time to research the coin in which they are investing, they are too busy to do that but not too busy to throw their money away, so while scammers are to blame investors have their share of the fault as well.
BinManR

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:24:31 AM

Indeed, the overwhelming success of ICO projects in raising funds in 2017 has brought about market dynamics, ICO fame, great investor interest, but it has also become at the center of bad intentions. scam projects, ideas are not feasible, the general trend of the market has brought difficulties for many ICO projects. It is difficult to find successful, legal and necessary ico projects at this time.
KKH84

Activity: 602

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:43:36 AM

Indeed ico in the year 2017 is a golden age for ico, unlike this year many ico to be a fraud and may be a deterrent to investors in the future.
chokomenia

Activity: 364

take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:57:42 AM

Yeah since this 2018, ICO investing has never been the same again, regulations and restrictions has change and affected ico investing also the last bearish market also affected ico investing. Ico hardly go above their ico price after listing on the exchanges and it is even better to buy at exchanges then in the ico stage.

KrishaBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:04:51 AM

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

I think its still so early to judged because we are stll half a  year before the overall this year performance of all ICO will end. I have observed that last year good performance was start in 4th quarter in which most of the ICO become successful therefore i suggest to wait for the last quarter to finish before we compare the performance of the 2 years.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                        
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
00DKM@

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:15:56 AM

That is a good idea, but it is not absolute. Because if you were to participate in the presale of a quality ICO and investors together " hold "the same as in 2017. You would be hard pressed to find a good interest if purchased after the token is listed on the page exchange. Obviously we are in a difficult period, panic and many other factors have greatly affected the quality of the ICO this year.
eriwis

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:21:08 AM

Sounds good strategy, but the problem there will be many doubts here. Because a really good project will not get a big correction upon release. And it seems that if a project has a very large fluctuation in a short time, it may be a sign that the coin should be avoided.
seblbj

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:24:58 AM

Indeed there's a clear difference, the whole market is not doing to well, but I personally am very careful about ICOs, it's too tricky. I like projects that have working products/ecosystems or company behind it. Very rarely I find something that doesnt seem like a pure money grab. Either way, hope this year clears out the market a bit from the bad projects. Bittrex has laready started pruning, I think it's good, but market wise its bit tough now.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:28:53 AM

If you settle with market prices and not participating in ICOs, you don't usually get bonuses from the pre-sale. If that happens, you won't gain more tokens in the long run. But to be honest, that's actually a good strategy when it comes to buying alt coins in the market. Market correction beats the heck out of pre-sale price.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
tolobua

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:25:19 AM

The purpose of buying coins is to wait to be bought at a higher price. I do not think it would be profitable to buy a cheaper token when the price would not be higher. I mean, indeed some coins are corrected first before returning equivalent or higher than ico price. But if the correction is big enough, I think the price will not come back again.
saobang1938

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:07:36 PM

Also, what do you guys think about trends in ICOs this year? Is it getting better, cuz the sentiment changes and now its harder or is it all shit now? What do you think about security tokens?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: