Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:46:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs in 2018 not same as 2017.  (Read 6929 times)
Parb1969

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 06:03:34 AM

In 2018, not only the ICO is not similar, but the cryptocurrency market has become quite different. The prolonged fall of the market introduces new rules of the game. Most projects delay the end of the ICO, because they are afraid of a sharp drop in the price of the token.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
euphemia

Activity: 99
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 06:09:51 AM

I think that there is more scam ICO's this year 2018 because as we all know 2017 is the year were ICO's are popular. Scammers took advantage to this because many people are investing on new ICO's because of its price + there are bonuses given when you invest in a new ICO.

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
dcomomal
Copper Member

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 12:50:42 PM

They are not the same and they won't be the same. Because it is just the beginning of the ICOs era, as soon as the market will recover we will see completely different ICO stats. Just wait a little bit more and things will change.
spopovss

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

https://paynote.eu

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:10:00 PM

This year, with Iso, trouble, now there are no good projects for investment, the last project where I invested is NEX.

El mejor intercambio de criptomonedas https://paynote.eu/
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 01:13:00 PM

Everyone understands this and everyone confirms that in 2018 ICO is completely different from 2017 in that the regulation of cryptocurrency still has a very big impact on prices and on people who come to cryptocurrency.
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:47:57 PM

this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs
Sometimes, it might be hard to truly tell that a coin is done with the dip. I do not just assume a coin has dipped, even if it is blinking red. I would rather go and invest into a coin with good potential, by making some research. I would watch to know the price at which it is stable and invest into it. This will give you rest of mind than just invest into a shit coin and assume it will still pump.
Chronner

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:19:34 PM

this is my own opinion but it may help others.

I have found that all the ICOs i have invested in have launched at almost the ICO price but in a few days dipped below the ICO prices by half or 5X for some.

With this i have discovered its better not to invest in an ICO but wait for the launch and the DIP to buy it at the corrected prices made by market forces.
Its just too hard to tell the real or recommended value of a token in an ICO these days.

Hope this helps to the new investors thinking of ICOs
Sometimes, it might be hard to truly tell that a coin is done with the dip. I do not just assume a coin has dipped, even if it is blinking red. I would rather go and invest into a coin with good potential, by making some research. I would watch to know the price at which it is stable and invest into it. This will give you rest of mind than just invest into a shit coin and assume it will still pump.
This is all well and good. But the fact is that there is no point in investing money in the ICO. It is much easier to choose projects of interest and monitor the price to better not get a bit more than to get into

V O L E N T I X   █   Decentralized Change   █   3rd Party DAPP Platform
▬ •  VENUE  • ▬  Social Rewards Platform   █   ANN   TWITTER   TELEGRAM   █   ▬ • VDEX • ▬  Decentralized Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    ( V ) BETA TESTER  |  Designed by Zpectrum    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SaféTilt

Activity: 174

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:27:23 PM

Yes you are right. 2017 and 2018 is not same for icos. Because 2017 was a bull market and 2018 is a bear. Because of that too many icos are under their ico price now. Q3 and Q4 of 2018 is hardest time for icos i think. They can not even collect money half of their hardcap. I am happy finally these projects have to decrease their million dollar hardcaps .

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
genapena

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:33:59 PM

This year I have not received much income from investments in ICOs. I think many investors have become disillusioned with such investments.

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:39:17 PM

ICO's have changed significantly from last year, there was a time when anyone could pitch in an idea in this forum and get good investments without showing any practical work but now even those who have MVP are struggling to reach a soft cap.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:42:58 PM

I agree that there was a great difference on the ICOs from the previous and the current year. Since the rise of ethereum's value, many ICOs only allocated a fewer amount of tokens due to the price increase. But as the time goes by the ethereum's value collapsed and it also affects the total value of the crowdfunded money. The mose affected by the ethereum's collapsed were the ICOs that were started at January of 2018 in which the ethereum's price is on its peak. This is one reason why many ICOs on 2018 are mostly failures.
CryptoGuro1

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 05:45:57 PM

Everyone made money in 2017 when they invested in ICOs because good gains were possible, then naturally everyone jumped on board and wanted a piece of the pie and now we are here. Only the good projects will succeed and it is becoming hard for projects to raise capital.

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
ci1990

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:37:40 PM

Of course it's not the same. We are in a huge bear market in 2018 and that's why all the coins have dipped and the number of ICO investors has decreased because of this bear situation. However I don't think this is the end of ICO game. When the market recovers, things will change for good.

Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2018, 07:45:11 PM

Apart from ICOs not performing well this year we are all storm with scammy icos too ,2017was the best year so far for ICOs and this year is just so bad that I hope it ends with 2018, Ethereum needs to gain it's ground back before we start to see some improvement again

tuvic01
Copper Member

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:55:36 PM

The fall in price of coin from what it is during ICO is determined by so many factors some of which include the bounty hunters, those with a very huge amount of coin to the extent that their price will either increase the price or get it down. If these two people especially those with a very high amount of coin decides to set the price below the ICO price then that's the end of such coin I term of price.
ak49er

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 07:59:34 PM

Nobody wants to invest in ico now because of the big risk, the invested funds dissolve when the project is turned over for exchange, many projects do not collect softcap, classic signs of correction, but it does not last forever, we sit and wait until it ends

jayc89

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:52:19 PM

Apart from ICOs not performing well this year we are all storm with scammy icos too ,2017was the best year so far for ICOs and this year is just so bad that I hope it ends with 2018, Ethereum needs to gain it's ground back before we start to see some improvement again
Now would be a very terrible time to purchase in anything other than Ethereum or Maidsafe because of the scams.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Mitchel Archer

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:09:34 AM

In this year it's very hard to find the good icos, most of them has a similiar concept and thats make not interested anymore to investing in ico. I agree with your opinion, better we wait untill that ico hit the market and buy in the dip, especially if that icos give a lot of alocation to bounty.
Claud Jacobson

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:10:50 AM

A good list of really not bad coins, but I think that many now realize that the altcoins are lowered than it could be imagined. Now the situation is very sad. As soon as bitcoin starts to move up, we will again see the growth of Altcoins
heleng05

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 07:15:11 AM

Yes of course there was a big difference in ICO from now and ICO's from last year and I think your right it would help other new comers that they must read it because most of the ICO's being launched are not really quite good in listing his real value the market that anybody wants to get listed these days.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: