Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:08:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin vs altcoins?  (Read 975 times)
popping (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:21:46 PM

Hi guys , what do you most prefer , holding bitcoins or buying altcoins which is have a good technology and for long term investment ?. I'm a little bit doubtful  where should i stand on . I'm not rich enough to buy and hold this coins at the same time.However I'm trying to figure out which of the  two much better . bitcoins have a old technology in blockhain compare to altcoins now which is they are more advanced but the prices  varies so  what your insight about this ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:27:11 PM

What I've been doing all this time I often buy altcoins with bitcoin, because I understand that later when altcoins and bitcoins are equally ascending I will get many and many more benefits from bitcoin and altcoins.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Weeko

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:38:24 PM

Hi guys , what do you most prefer , holding bitcoins or buying altcoins which is have a good technology and for long term investment ?. I'm a little bit doubtful  where should i stand on . I'm not rich enough to buy and hold this coins at the same time.However I'm trying to figure out which of the  two much better . bitcoins have a old technology in blockhain compare to altcoins now which is they are more advanced but the prices  varies so  what your insight about this ?
bitcoin is worth considering as a means of saving, and alternative coins are already both a means of exchange, and a way of earning, where you can rent a lot of X's;)
Kokondao

Activity: 167

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 11:43:00 PM

Both of them are very profitable for me and I prefer to hold bitcoin for the current time, and stay up until the price goes up even higher.
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:42:16 AM

Diversifying is usually the preferred method of investment. Of course, if you cannot invest in multiple coins then a popular way many people look at this dilemma is: start slow, purchase what you can afford in bitcoin and hold it as a long term investment. Later on you can start trading for your favorite altcoins using your bitcoins--before you know it, you've begun diversifying your crypto portfolio.

With any earnings you make you could invest back into bitcoin or high market cap altcoins (eth, ltc, etc) or into cheap altcoins--it depends on your preferred growth strategy (long-term vs short-term) and your willingness to get into trading. There are cheap alt-coins out there right now that have high growth potential and could make you a quick profit but you will have to be a much more active investor who researches and monitors the market meticulously. If you're new to the crypto world I suggest investing into high market cap coins or "blue chip" coins first to get your feet wet.

Cheers!

Sudarmoon

Activity: 90

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:47:53 AM

I really like everything between bitcoin and altcoins as everything is good for investing especially bitcoin and also ethereum.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:50:48 AM

The best thing to do is to hold at the same time buy. When bitcoins value is at dip it is time to buy more then when it goes up you can sell half of it and wait for another dip and buy again. I have been doing that constantly and it is good to trade between dollars and bitcoin since it is much easier than trading with other altcoins.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
iconternal

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:59:29 AM

I've always preferred to invest and also trade in altcoins by buying it through bitcoin, because fast movements and price increases make me happy to do it in altcoins.

ANYONE
(ANY)   www.any-one.org   (ANY)
Investment Platform
xcajun21

Activity: 742
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:11:02 AM

I noticed Bitcoin is preferred not due its popularity, but on technical stand point is different, as it drops slower, and steady... while on altcoins, they have sharper movements. I would wait and not invest in neither though.

I keep the part in bitcoin. part in the violas. But if I knew I would not buy bitcoin at a price of 17,000 because I have already lost a lot. Waiting for the summer or the new year when the price of bitcoin grows to 20,000. To profitably sell. I hope bitcoin will rise (

It will rise. All we need is faith. What happened at 17k was a market trend that can reoccur.
elwiswoodie

Activity: 378
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:19:34 AM

The popularity of Bitcoin is very high, even the largest community of cryptocurrency may exist in Bitcoin
Bitcoin prices are more stable than the price of altcoin, because Bitcoin is like the mother of all cryptocurrencies
If you want to be safe, buy BTC, if you like risk and big prizes, buy ALT
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 01:40:50 AM

For me since theres no one knows the run of market and faith of this coin or token, I invest in both 60% of my investments to Bitcoin and other 40% to altcoins. So if ever I fail to bet on Bitcoin and succeed on altcoin then its just okay.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:58:45 AM

I expect that a lot of altcoins will disappear in the long term, even though the cryptocurrency market continues to grow. I think Bitcoin will always gain value compared to most altcoins in the long term.
fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:05:00 AM

Actually both are equally beneficial but the role of bitcoin and its popularity can not be replaced with the currency of other countries,besides altcoin was created specifically to co-exist with bitcoin but bitcoin still holds the most important role in the world of cryptocurrency for example altcoin as ordinary metal that can be switched to metal valuable named bitcoin,so I think both are equally good...
CyM99

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:05:49 AM

I like bitcoin and altoin. Currently, they are competing directly with each other, but Altcoin can finally find a niche niche market suitable for Bitcoin, and each of them has its own role in the market.
jpespa

Activity: 294
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:13:39 AM

I am also focused on holding on bitcoin than altcoin. I don't know why I am not interested for now to take part in altcoins maybe because I feel like it is hard to manage two separate coins at the same time as your money will be divided also to different coins but I also understand that having another coin aside from bitcoin (considering that coin is a good one) will also give you benefit if you managed properly.

VeeraS

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:20:12 AM

if you have a lot of money, you can buy bitcoin.
because bitcoin is more potent in every growth. and bitcoin have a major effect on market development, of course, on crypto. but if you have limited capital, you can look for cheaper altcoin and have a chance to grow. this is the hardest part, you have to be more patient and try to find and examine it so you do not get stuck at a loss. So, try to experience and insight you.
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:22:59 AM

To be honest never thought about the holding of the coins depending upon their technological aspects because it is not what I consider while making investment. I have always attached myself with the bitcoin as number coin in the crypto currency. I know that the developments will keep happening in the bitcoin and it is just matter of time when everything will be in Line and bitcoin will see spikes in terms of its use, market valuation, reality etc. So this is the reason I hold my bitcoins.

Considering the altcoins, they are like liquid investment and they might there today but may not be tomorrow. So just hold the one which you trust, which you think is being talked about more and show some positive signs of spiking in the near future.
peter0425

Activity: 2632
Merit: 444

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:26:21 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 03:51:43 PM by peter0425

Hi guys , what do you most prefer , holding bitcoins or buying altcoins which is have a good technology and for long term investment ?. I'm a little bit doubtful  where should i stand on . I'm not rich enough to buy and hold this coins at the same time.However I'm trying to figure out which of the  two much better . bitcoins have a old technology in blockhain compare to altcoins now which is they are more advanced but the prices  varies so  what your insight about this ?
A lot of similar thread from the past:

[1] Bitcoin Vs Altcoin

[2] Bitcoin vs altcoins, will they survive?

[3] Bitcoin or Altcoin ? which one will be the best to invest in 2018?

[4] Bitcoin or Altcoin

[5] Bitcoin or altcoin, which is better to invest into now?

[6] Trading altcoin and holding bitcoin which one is more profitable?

I'm sure that you can have a good idea and an answer to the threads from above. A simple Google Search will help you as well, instead of opening similar thread which has been opened and all the answers have been provided. Maybe some of them are old, but I think it is still applicable to the current situation.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Cakalasia

Activity: 162

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:32:54 AM

I've been trying to buy more altcoins that had a great potential and also hold bitcoin for long term, that's what I'm doing now. In this dip is a good chance to buy more and hold it until the price of crypto is going high.
cupic

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 04:35:28 AM

I choose altcoin. It is possible that keeping altcoin is more risky than bitcoin because there are many new ones and may stop growing. If my choice is correct I can increase my property many times than hold the bitcoin.
Bitcoin value 2-3 times is very difficult but altcoin is quite possible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: