Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:16:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime?  (Read 1971 times)
Craigne

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:00:46 AM

Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/
I think it depends on their country you are residing in.  If you are in a country where bitcoin is banned,  then it is illegal to possess one and the same with countries which does not banned bitcoin then it is OK to have one.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jchav010101

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:01:50 AM

Bitcoin ownership is not crime. It does not harm anyone.There may be country that does not allow bitcoin.It is not a crime until the government make and  intent any law to prohivite to own and hold a bitcoin like in other asian country.I think this will be stay legal until this will not be use as a accessories or instruments in a illegal transactions that will result to a crime.
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:03:09 AM

Owning a bitcoin is not a crime although it is a blessing to us that given to us and makes unexpected ways

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1857

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:05:37 AM

I have yet to hear a single news that a specific country has implemented a law that goes as far as declaring anyone who owns a Bitcoin a criminal. I think that is way too high above the line. That is absurd as it is whimsical. There are countries who consider Bitcoin illegal but this does not mean that those who have some are criminals. It simply means that Bitcoin cannot be used as a currency by legally registered businesses.  

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
btcgainer24724

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:11:08 AM

i dont think so but on the other hand it depend from where you get that bitcoin, if you get that Bitcoin from sell drugs, gun or something like that restricted ofcourse that was a crime you involved with that transaction.so i dont trust that articles cz this is all one media company to discredit bitcoin.
izzabel

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:25:16 AM

No owning a bitcoin is not a crime but it is a blessing to us as a bitcoiners that came from god in unexpected ways
yerger

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:28:06 AM

Do you think that someone use Bitcoin for illegal activities will make Bitcoin Bad? I think nope. it depends on the user. If you want to use Bitcoin for illegal activities, of course owning Bitcoin is crime.
Saveralll

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:35:00 AM

Why consider it as a crime if that thing helps people to grow and his community? Having a bitcoin is not crime for it is between legal and illegal yet a lot of people are using it because it helps them in many ways especially, financially.
people's responses must be different, others might call it a crime because its anonymous bitcoin makes bitcoin usable by anyone who does not know the person's name so that people are afraid of crime and fraud.
tonyja2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:37:33 AM

Although bitcoin is helping the terrorist organizations to grow stronger than ever, we are just traders and forever merchants.
If the government arrests us, we can issue daily trading evidence to them and there are not a large number of daily arms purchases. You can see the transaction volume of bitcoin is $ 7 billion per day, which accounts for most of the money spent trading illegal weapons daily.
But you should not worry too much about the future of bitcoins, because no one can kill it.

huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:37:54 AM

Owning bitcoin is not a crime. If you do something illegal with bitcoin, it will constitute a crime.

But some countries ban bitcoin because it is a decentralized currency and the government does not welcome it.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 01:41:34 AM

it all depends on the holder. paper money can also be a crime. if we hold bitcoin for the long term and just to wait for a big profit, it's not crime at all.
zhundy

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:48:38 AM

No. It's not a crime if you are only holding bitcoin. And I don't think any country know bitcoin holders as criminals.
You can also trade to earn more money. You can also buy or sell things where paying with bitcoin is possible. But bitcoin is useful for some crimes and there are many stories about this.  As long as you have not done anything illegal, you are not a criminal.
Prabusiliwangi

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:48:57 AM

Owning bitcoin is not a crime. If you do something illegal with bitcoin, it will constitute a crime.

But some countries ban bitcoin because it is a decentralized currency and the government does not welcome it.

Yeah, because like money in general bitcoin is not a crime but is often used by certain parties to do evil things. But what I did not think, why the state always use reason bitcoin ilegal cause being used for unlawful activities. On the other hand, I think the government just does not want to lose if bitcoin legality in their country. Because the government can not get benefit with bitcoin legally in their country such as tax collection. Thank you.
Menawi12

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:50:17 AM

I am just reading that article and its just for darkweb. I am believe if we own bitcoin its like we own our other thing and there is no illegal activities on it. Bitcoin in many country already accepted as payment or investment instrument and thats mean bitcoin is legal

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
paparexon0414

Activity: 432
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:59:58 AM

It depends on what countey you are residing. We all know that there arensome countries that ban bitcoin and maybe they arebnot tolerating to have your bitcoin. They might doing something to block it to the net. But if people are still into bitcoin they find ways to have it. But the bitcoin you have cant be encash in thay place,maybe you can use it in the other country or purchase sonething online that is accepting bitcoin. Theres also some issue in our place that one bank is holding the money earned from bitcoin, i am not sure why they are doing it, i just read it to the topic posted my countrymen.
VBCryp@

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:14:09 AM

No, I said that owns bitcoin it is not a crime. There are now many Governments do not accept bitcoin and prohibits using it because the Government does not control the finances of people and they fear bitcoin replaced the currency of the country, I believe that bitcoin is useful for everyone as it did for the life become richer, make people become richer and have substantial economic resources.
Lemosin

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:23:38 AM

Is owning money a crime? Because money facilitates the trading of such illegal things, too. If/when Bitcoin is regulated in your country of residence and you are obligated by law to declare any possession of Bitcoin but you haven't done so, then owning Bitcoin might be illegal.
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:05:28 AM

Depending on where you get Bitcoin, if you get if from selling drugs, weapons or something that is violated ofcourse is a crime you are involved with the transaction. But if you only use Bitcoin for you to make you rich it is not a crime. it is anonymous and many countries are somewhat limiting and do not want their public to interact with Bitcoin and other crypto streams directly, holding it will not be considered a crime.
esa2782

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:40:17 AM

of course not, bitcoin is created not for damaging or any bad purposes, the basic idea of bitcoin is still utilitarian, it is good because it gives good benefit, so there is no way to claim that owning bitcoin is a crime, but of course people can do harm on any object, like we always say blame the person not the gun, so no owning bitcoin is not equal with committing crime.
Monyero

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:54:21 AM

For me to have bitcoin is not a crime. Having bitcoin is a boon. Because bitcoin is an asset. We can not buy it if we do not have money. Probably some countries have banned, but the state can not imprison the bitcoin owner because it can not find the criminal element in possession of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: