Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime?  (Read 1971 times)
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:36:16 PM

Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/
It will never be a crime unless it is being used by some fraudulent acts and illegal activities.Bitcoins existence helps the community to gain money..that they maybe able to used it as their another source of income.
I can prove it in my own, life changes when i join this community.Cryptocurrency and the blockchain technology had brought every individual wealth and owning bitcoin is not a crime nor a blessing to the humanity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:37:10 PM

If youll be using bitcoin for illegal activities, then bitcoin is would make you commit a crime. But bitcoin is not just meant for that, it allows oeople all around tge world ti make easy transaction with any intervention of anyone or any group. There is no denying that bitcoin is being used for activities such as drug trading and other illegal activities. But it doesnt mean that bitcoin itself is illegal. There were countries who considered it illegal because it becime a threat to them but there were also countries who recognized it because it has many use for them.
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:58:15 PM

Bitcoin is free for any one to own anytime they would like to , there are however some countries that consider it a threat to their national economy and has hence decided to ban it, it may be a crime to own BTC in such countries, other than that, BTC is very legal
kendra1107

Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:12:35 PM

In most parts of the planet, it's not. Except in countries that have placed strict regulations on cryptocurrencies or Bitcoin in particular. Now here's the thing, Bitcoin in it's sense is good. Having BTC is different from having illegal drugs. If you were caught having illegal drugs in your possession even though you're not using it, you're screwed! It doesn't need an action or activity for it to be illegal coz it has been deemed illegal. Unlike with BTC wherein if you have BTC in your possession but are using it for good work, then that's fine. The only problem is when some dammed individuals do illegal activities using BTC,  stains its image. And people fail to see and assess that it is not BTC that is illegal but the activity in which it was used. 

bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 03:59:48 AM

if owning bitcoin is a crime, everybody already sold their bitcoins now.
i don't think it is a crime. Bitcoin is same as other currencies and assets. nothing criminal about it.
Peoples can use money for buy drugs, then is owning money considered a crime ?

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:12:48 AM

if owning bitcoin is a crime, everybody already sold their bitcoins now.
i don't think it is a crime. Bitcoin is same as other currencies and assets. nothing criminal about it.
Peoples can use money for buy drugs, then is owning money considered a crime ?

Correct for me it's not a crime because whatever happen it is your hard earned money. We can consider it as a crime on how you spend it and not how you earned it. And it's something that you can be proud of.
natsu_koo

Activity: 186

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 04:17:25 AM

No I don't think so, because if holding a bitcoin is a crime then it sound that you are implying that holding a money is a crime, you know that bitcoin is a currency, it is a money that circulates in the web. What I think here is that using bitcoin in some criminal acts (cause we all know that there are lots of criminal activities that can be done with the use of bitcoin) makes it a crime. And I don't think that holding or owning one can be called as crime.

Laccoin: It starts here with your Money
▨ Debit cards, P2P Loans, Index Fund ▨
➤ Whitepaper ➤ Facebook ➤ Twitter ➤ Telegram
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:18:43 AM

The function of bitcoin is not different from fiat currency, the difference is only in terms of physical form, bitcoin does not have it. Bitcoin is not created for crime, an irresponsible user who makes bitcoin a crime because each person has a different way of using bitcoin.
buahkudu

Activity: 170

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:33:02 AM

Does it have a bitcoin crime?
I personally do not, bitcoin helps the community. but, it's all back to ourselves for what bitcoin we use.
but I think bitcoin itself has many benefits for myself.

letzdodiz

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:02:33 AM

It is not. But if you use it for illegal activities,  it can be.
ram64GB

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 06:07:06 AM

No. Even the Muslim community has just declared bitcoin as Halal. Unless if your goverment bans it then its illegal. And I still can't call it a crime. It is currency.
potatocorner

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:12:29 AM

Why would it be a crime? If if is allowed in the countries then it is not a crime. It would be crime if and only if your country already banned bitcoin and you are still having a secret access to crypto currencies. If all of the ways you have in earning bitcoin is legal to the forum and in your country, it would not be a crime.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
hrz

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:27:09 AM

having bitcoin is not a crime because we work hard to get bitcoin or we buy bitcoin with our money, unless we get bitcoin by stealing it in my opinion crime.
Fakrull

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:43:26 AM

I think having bitcoin is not a crime, it has bitcoin a pride, because to collect 1BTC aja is very difficult,
The criminals use bitcoin for illegal goods transactions.
putrisa

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:46:09 AM

it depends on how they use bitcoin because I think bitcoin is a free digital currency used for anything, it's not a bitcoin fault but the misuse of bitcoin users who use bitcoin as a crime.
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:48:19 AM

Mr,how can owning a reputable cryptocurrency like bitcoin be a crime?A  digital currency that has the potential of changing the financial direction of this world and giving jobs to many be a crime.It very honourous to own bitcoin.It is the most sort after digital currency now in the world.Everybody must try and own some btc .

Piggymonster

Activity: 294
Merit: 34

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:04:06 AM

For me, owning a bitcoin isn't like possessing a gun, it's because bitcoin is money and an investment. Bitcoin is very legal here in my country, there is no way holding it can be a crime. 
prediction on bush

Activity: 231

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:07:03 AM

Owning BTC cannot be compared to owning a weapon, and guns can still be legally held for self protection. BTC isn't harmful to anyone and cant kill either, so holding it isn't as illegal

I strongly agree on your opinion that, owning BTC cannot be compared to owning a weapon, and guns can still be legally held for self protection. And BTC isn't harmful to anyone and cant kill either, so holding it isn't as illegal. And adding also my opinion that, It would mean that this forum is full with hardcore criminals, Thymos would be some like godfather Don Corleone, with all his lieutenants and soldiers, If you wish to join the clan you need to pass  initiation, like to hack some bank or old lady and then you will be able to join us here. In addition, owning bitcoin or any other cryptos is not a crime in some countries. Just like the Canadian government, its just worried for the black market trade that is happening through dark web where the medium of payment is crypto currency.
kyucryp

Activity: 420

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:19:46 AM

I don't think that owning bitcoin is a crime but maybe in a country that doesn't allow bitcoin, it will be a crime. but I don't see that if we own bitcoin, we can break any law. and if you are afraid to own bitcoin then you can sell your bitcoin and get the money and get out from bitcoin without any plan to come back in bitcoin world again.
I really agree with your writing. if it does have a bitcoin said to be a crime, what's the difference with people who have money. bitcoin is like money. then it depends on what the money is used for. it all depends on the owner. if indeed the money was made to buy a gun and then used to rob, it can be said with a crime. but if the money is made for trading or any other that is of positive value. whether it can be said of a crime.

Mersterious

Activity: 225
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:29:16 AM

THATS IS NOT A CRIME YOUR PAY FOR YOUR BITCOIN THATS NOT A CRIME
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: