Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:05:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is owning bitcoin a crime?  (Read 1971 times)
misterj

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:30:57 PM

In my opinion, it depends on how the owner uses it. Of course when it is used for hiring a hitman and buying illegal products will make it bad but for investing, buying your needs, and securing your future money, I think it is the best and also a good thing.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:41:19 PM

An act is only considered as crime if and only if it has unlawfully disobeyed the moral law and the law of a state or a country. And I believe there are no law yet concerning about owning any cryptocurrencies which includes bitcoin. There’s no local or national order that bans a certain group of people from investing bitcoin. Aside from this fact, let us try to logically think, is owning or having gold a crime unless acquired illegally? Same as bitcoin! I don’t know where did you get that kind of idea and I highly disagree to that.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
AltCoinBuddah

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:42:41 PM

Bitcoin ownership is not crime. It does not harm anyone.There may be country that does not allow bitcoin.It is not a crime until the government make and  intent any law to prohivite to own and hold a bitcoin like in other asian country.I think this will be stay legal until this will not be use as a accessories or instruments in a illegal transactions that will result to a crime.
De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:45:48 PM

Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

No its not. Owning a gun can be a threat or can kill someone but owning a bitcoin is not a threat and cannot definitely kill someone. However, there are countries that bans cryptocurrency so thats make it illegal. Maybe some of the reasons why people correlate it to a gun is that it can be used in illegal activities such as scam.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:48:48 PM

This depends on which country you are in. As you should be apprised, laws are unique to ones jurisdiction. Hence, go check your laws so you would know which applies to you.

As for me, anyway, it is not a crime to own a Bitcoin. While it isn't so, we were previously apprised by the government through the central bank due to the influx of millenials who are investing in Bitcoin. They have said that we are on our own and that we are investing at our own risk. Even so, they have not indicated that owning a Bitcoin is a crime. They merely presented facts as to how volatile the said market is, and might greatly affect the spending power of the people. Hence, the government interference in the form of Memorandum to forewarn the public.
CrystalPham

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:54:01 PM

If you are not a criminal, you will not have to "anonymously" spend money, or choose an undetectable financial transaction like Bitcoin, "says EJFahan of Global Financial Integrity. Research on illegal money flows. However, criminals can not use cash. Imagine, a drug trafficking or sale of rhinoceros rhinoceros, the amount of cash to pay can be mountainous. In movies, criminals can put money in suitcases or bags and then confidently go to the airport, but not in fact.Again, criminals still need a good service like banking, cross-border transactions, and, most importantly, anonymity, to operate cross-border "black organizations." The bank is certainly not, if you do not want to "go head on". And Bitcoin is the perfect choice to create criminals.
sijonru

Activity: 461
Merit: 17

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:18:39 PM

crime or not, it depends on each individual,
having bitcoin would not be a crime, if the owner uses bitcoin just for investment, but having bitcoin can be a crime, if the owner uses bitcoin as a tool for the purchase of illicit goods such as narcotics.

Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:40:31 PM

I disagree with this idea. Why is the possession of bitcoin a crime? Not everyone holding a bitcoin is called a crime. Investing right, making real money is nothing wrong. Only those who handle illegal bitcoin or steal it are criminals.
lodcoling

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:44:30 PM

Owning of BTC is not a crime at all. By BTC you can do the things what you can do with the money. As owning money is not a crime then owning BTC is not a crime.
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:47:43 PM

No it wouldnt be a crime. First because bitcoin did not violate any laws of the land and maybe some country or banks banned it because of their fear of unstable price. Technically speaking owning it would make you feel financially stable and it will not make you feel like a criminal.
B{o}T

Activity: 95

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:53:09 PM

Owning bitcoin is legal. Bitcoin is an anonymous currency, it can be used to make criminal payments. But this does not mean that all bitcoin owners are criminals.
reidel21

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:00:11 PM

We all know that bitcoin are not fully completed there are many things in the system that needs to develop. Bitcoin was in the infancy stage or in the process of development that's why people are afraid to trust in bitcoin. Bitcoin can also use as instrument doing an illegal activities like money laundering, scam and etc.
JaxxBoll

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:03:35 PM

For those countries that do not like bitcoin, this is possible, but in my country this is normal. And I hope that our government accepts bitcoin so that I can have more growth opportunities
reidel21

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:06:24 PM

Holding BTC is no crime. It may be misconception among many people. It is assets and can be hold, only it's malicious use is crime. People are using BTC currency in illegal trading.
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:09:42 PM

No

/thread

Of course not, many people are just really skeptical about bitcoin. They are easily affected and persuaded by negative news that is being circulated by the media. We all need to to realize that bitcoin is not illegal and so it is no crime for someone to have bitcoin.
Oto3

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:14:12 PM

I think the possession of bitcoin is not a crime, bitcoin is a valuable asset to be used, owned and purchased. If you use bitcoin for criminal purposes like, money laundering, using bitcoin for terrorist purposes, that's a crime.
Houseman

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:17:03 PM

Huh, i don't think that owning a bitcoin will be a crime. Bitcoin is just a type of investment online that has it value. Thus people will buy it.

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
Aryadwipanggah

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:24:20 PM

I think having bitcoin is not a crime, because to date in my country on its special there are no rules that prohibit to have bitcoin so I think as long as it does not violate government regulations have bitcoin is not a crime
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 04:27:24 PM

I think the possession of bitcoin is not a crime, bitcoin is a valuable asset to be used, owned and purchased. If you use bitcoin for criminal purposes like, money laundering, using bitcoin for terrorist purposes, that's a crime.

Owning a bitcoin is not a crime for most countries, it may depend on the regulation of each country, but here in our country we are free for as long as we will not scam people and we are not obliged to pay taxes with it too.
Rizqi

Activity: 294

Freedom

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 04:32:09 PM

Possesses bitcoin as well as holding a gun  Huh Smiley Huh
http://bitcoinnews.com/cryptocurrencies-gun-crime-canada/

1. having bitcoin is indeed a crime for citizens whose country prohibits bitcoin from entering the country, depending on location
2. bitcoin this is a tool, whose name tool anyone can wear it, in use for what? much to be discussed in this case that is known in making bad, who knows made with various methods done by bitcoin users,

so we see where it stands, and that's a good, bad fact depending on you, and I remind you to use bitcoin wisely...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: