Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:35:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going to replace bitcoin?  (Read 2003 times)
icemantaurus

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:49:34 PM

For now bitcoin is still on the lead cryptocoin in the market. It is the mother of all digital coin, it is way to far to be surpass by other digitalcoins. Until there are people investing in bitcoin nothing will replace btc.
2stout

Activity: 2366
Merit: 586

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 04:41:31 PM

Bitcoin (BTC) is plain and simply irreplaceable.
Webberson

Activity: 588
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 05:16:42 PM

I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?

I do not see bitcoin in the future becoming a thing of history, it can be said that as long as cryptocurrency exist, bitcoin too will always be there. But if it happens that bitcoin is no more, the next coin to take-over would be Ethereum, considering the fact that it is ranked second after bitcoin.

bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 10:47:03 PM

no alt coin will replace Bitcoin and  top 5 coins they will compare to bitcoin in reality no alt coin can come near to bitcoin
I agree with this, the idea that another coin is going to replace bitcoin can be a possibility in the mind of some but it's not very realistic in my opinion, if something is going to replace bitcoin it cannot be a cryptocurrency it needs to be something new something more advanced, after all how can a coin surpass bitcoin if they are using the same technology that bitcoin is using.
KaffkaN

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:28:48 PM

I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
I don't think there will be any coin that replace bitcoin, there will be others that will have their own space and will be important like Ethereum but bitcoin will keep being the main cryptocurrency.
oli123

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:45:06 PM

Bitcoin was the first and has been here since 2009. It's been known for a long time, and it all started from Bitcoin. Personally, I think it will not replace any other cryptocurrency.
Although ETH can get closer to either price or popularity. The future will show.
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:55:35 PM

Bitcoin was the first and has been here since 2009. It's been known for a long time, and it all started from Bitcoin. Personally, I think it will not replace any other cryptocurrency.
Although ETH can get closer to either price or popularity. The future will show.

Bitcoin is the best. Ethereum is not even close to Bitcoin and looks like Ethereum will have a real competition in the face of NEO.

lifetimebitcoins

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:17:17 PM

replacing bitcoin wont happen but many coins will compare themselves to bitcoin but no technology coin can handle how bitcoin protocol is handling the payments for last many years
Bencus

Activity: 265
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:29:26 PM

I believe bitcoin will be "replaced", if the market capitalisation of another cryptocurrency exceeds Bitcoin's.

From a tecchnical perspective, I can see almost any coin take over Bitcoin, as Bitcoin is slow, inefficient, and does not scale well at the moment, so its technically inferior to plenty of other coins.
From the perspective of the use of Bitcoin, it is a speculative investment, and also it trades into almost everything. But all I see is it could be any coin.
If we wont see any serious hardfork happening, other coins, like Ethereum might surpass it in terms of market capitalisation. Also, it is technically superior (at least in my opinion).
Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:40:13 PM

I don't think that any coin can get in Bitcoins shoes.
Bitcoin is the flagman of the whole industry and it is the most popular and well known.

arjuna BTC

Activity: 994
Merit: 250

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:43:44 PM

a lot of good project with new features come,
but, i beleieve there will be no cryptocurreny can replace bitcoin

USD Stablecoin Aggregator
                                              ▄███████
                                            ▄█▀▄█████▀
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █▀▄███████
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄▀▀██████▄   ▄█ ███████
  ▄     ▄██▀▀▀▀█████████▄▀██████▄▄▀▀████  █████████▀
▄███▄ ▄███ █▀▀█ █████████▄█▀████████▄▄▀▀███████████
██ ▀███▀ █▄▀▀▀▀▄███ ██▀████▄▀████████▀███████████▀▀
██  ███████████████ ██ █████ ███▀▀▄▄▄██████████████
██▄██▀█████████████ ███ ███  ▄▄▄█████▀██▀▀█████████
 ▀█▀   ▀████████▀▀▄██▀ ▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██    ████████▄
         ▀█████▄█▀▀▀▄█████████▀▄▄▄███▀      ▀███████
               ▀▀▀███████████▄▄████▀          ██████▄
                                               ▀▀█████
BabelFish███████▄
▀█████▄▀█▄
 ███████▄▀█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ███████ █▄   ▄██████▀▀▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▀█████████  ████▀▀▄▄██████▀▄█████████▀▀▀▀██▄     ▄
   ███████████▀▀▄▄████████▀█▄█████████ █▀▀█ ███▄ ▄███▄
   ▀▀███████████▀████████▀▄████▀██ ███▄▀▀▀▀▄█ ▀███▀ ██
   ██████████████▄▄▄▀▀███ █████ ██ ███████████████  ██
   █████████▀▀██▀█████▄▄▄  ███ ███ █████████████▀██▄██
  ▄████████    ██▄▄▀██▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀ ▀██▄▀▀████████▀   ▀█▀
  ███████▀      ▀███▄▄▄▀█████████▄▀▀▀█▄█████▀
 ▄██████          ▀████▄▄████████████▀▀
█████▀▀
FISH token sale at Sovryn
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
TripleDrible

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:55:09 PM

Are you talking about price? Because, no one can replace Bitcoin, he is a pioneer and will always be the number one. By popularity with him, some projects can already compete. At a cost, as rightly noted in previous comments, time will tell, how it will be in future, no one can predict.
Primal6666

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:38:11 PM

I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?

Everything will depend on the big players. Where they will transfer their funds, there will be a new top coin.

OAX - BRIDGE TO TRADITIONAL FINANCE WORLD
OAX - INTEGRATION OF CRYPTOCURRENCY MARKET
■ oax.org ■ bit.ly/BttANN ■ bit.ly/ActiveBounty ■
Jimmy Crypto

Activity: 55
Merit: 53

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:53:10 PM

I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?

According to several recent Twitter polls, GoldCoin (GLD) will be the consumer favorite.

https://twitter.com/realmicroguy/status/993820004285145089

"From the many, one. From one, the source."
thecodebear

Activity: 2114
Merit: 814

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:01:50 AM

Unlikely Bitcoin will be replaced. Bitcoin being the first, most trusted, most secure, the only coin synonymous with cryptocurrency in general, didn't come from an ICO, doesn't hard fork every few months while ignoring consensus like some coins, advancing technologically slowly but safely and surely, has no leader since Satoshi left and is therefore its influence and power is even more decentralized.

There is not a single other coin on the market that is even close to it in these regards. Most coins coming out over the past year or so are either niche product tokens, are centralized in some way, are of experimental tech that may not pan out, are forks that are just power/money grabs, and likely no one will care about them in 5 or 10 years.

Plenty of coins aren't even competing with Bitcoin, they are trying to take a different part of the crypto space, like application tokens or dApps platforms. Nearly all altcoins that are directly competing with Bitcoin like its forks and other alts focused just on payments are some combination of either centralized in some way or doing things like advancing tech without a thought about security.

For a decentralized source of money you want it to be highly secure, very resistant to change, and have no one in complete control of it. That's Bitcoin.
If you see a coin hard forking a lot that means you can't trust it to be money. If you see a coin with a few people in total control of the direction and make changes with no consensus you can't trust it as money. If you see a coin where the founders own a very significant portion of the supply you can't trust it as money.

The only real challenger I can think of that is like Bitcoin but much less popular is Litecoin.

The more time that passes the more Bitcoin becomes engrained as THE cryptocurrency. There is only one bitcoin. There are like 1600 or so altcoins. The likelihood that one of them will beat all the others and then replace Bitcoin is very unlikely. Not impossible, but I'd say it's like a 5% chance.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 03:22:15 AM

It could be a currency that is already existing or a currency that is yet to be created. No one knows for sure as there are so many currencies nowadays and so many are claiming to replace bitcoin but no one succeeded yet. Maybe someday when there would be a consensus among the people and decide to support a coin that is better than bitcoin then it would replace it. Along with the push by the whales, the support of the community of that coin and much better features compared to bitcoin then there is a chance for it to replace the king of cryptocurrency. Even though it is highly unlikely at the moment, we cannot still eliminate this possibility.

Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:44:24 AM

In order to replace bitcoin, altcoins should first try to match the achievements of bitcoin for the past years and reach its present  value. The would be challenger to bitcoin's throne should also independent from any bitcoin price fluctuations and can still rise even the price of other coins are going down. The existing group of altcoins have yet to show their capability of replacing altcoins and it might take more years before some of them can able to show the ability to match bitcoin's achievements.   
Woolles890

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 03:54:12 AM

If someday Bitcoin dies, I'm sure a coin that can replace Bitcoin is Ethereum coin. Ethereum is very worthy to replace Bitcoin. The more there are who like and believe in Ethereum. If the development of Ethereum from year to year is always fast and the price is always high. I'm sure Ethereum can be the best coin of all coins and Bitcoin can be replaced by Ethereum.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
tyas pur

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:04:31 AM

It looks like Bitcoin will not be replaced with other coins.
Bitcoin is the oldest coin and from its inception to the present day, Bitcoin remains a great coin with a high value.
Bitcoin will survive until whenever Bitcoin sophistication is very superior and there is no coin that can match it.
Bitcoin will not be replaced.
v0rtecxz

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:21:16 AM

I'm not sure anyone can replace bitcoin, the future is something that is difficult to predict, you can not say something that will not necessarily happen in the future, but that does not mean I do not pay attention to problems like bitcoin that will disappear sometime, there will be replacements that have a variety of advantages, so get a good response from many people so they can adopt it, but it is a mere prediction of the fact that bitcoin can survive today because of some of the advantages it has, so every still trust and use bitcoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: