Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:49:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going to replace bitcoin?  (Read 2003 times)
AteenaD

Activity: 208
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:33:41 AM

The future is uncertain, but at present Bitcoin still remains the greatest cryptocurrency. However, some analysts distinguish Litecoin as a possible crypto not to replace but to have equal standing as that of bitcoin but surely not in market value. Litecoin developer designed this coin as a response to the scalability problems witnessed by the bitcoin network. This altcoin is likewise perceived by many as the better transactional currency than bitcoin due to its faster transaction times and lower transaction fees. Litecoin has also witnessed less volatile price movements in comparison to other digital currencies.
As i see it, Litecoin will be a potential returns booster as well as a great diversifier to bitcoin and ethereum.

mbah

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 04:48:28 AM

replace the bitcoin I guess will never exist and can't. bitcoin remains alive because it has a great demand as well. bitcoin annually still continue to grow. This will make the other altcoin will be increasingly difficult for the equivalent of the bitcoin.

inthelongrun

Activity: 1764
Merit: 594

The Martian Child

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:54:24 AM

replace the bitcoin I guess will never exist and can't. bitcoin remains alive because it has a great demand as well. bitcoin annually still continue to grow. This will make the other altcoin will be increasingly difficult for the equivalent of the bitcoin.

It is understandable that bitcoin is a force to be reckon with. It always survive after too many attempts to bring it down. I also see great potential in it even short term and preferably long term. But we never know how some of these altcoins perform because everything in crypto is still very young. I don't mind some altcoins surpassing bitcoin but one thing is clear, bitcoin never dies. Well, at least not that easily after proving how strong its history.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:26:28 PM

I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
many people believe that bitcoin will continue to grow so bitcoin becomes familiar to large and medium-sized investors who regard it as a very promising investment asset. it is highly unlikely that bitcoin just disappears, although there is always a new type of altcoin emerging but certainly will not replace the bitcoin position known as kryptocurrency king.
omareckmac

Activity: 434
Merit: 15

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:56:15 PM

It will be incredibly difficult to replace bitcoin given the number of its holders. It is a coin with a positive history and positive dynamics of development. So far, no other crypto currency has achieved such success.

pkmoney

Activity: 205
Merit: 29

Love yourself.

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:08:04 PM

I don't think it is possible to replace bitcoin. Bitcoin is the mother of all crypto. No altcoin will be used like Bitcoin.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Aragorn_125

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:16:13 PM

I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
A lot of different applicants for this, now almost everyone wants to replace bitcoin, but I will tell few people it still turns out, so wait for something new perfect can only hope.

gaobobo

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:01:15 PM

The status of bitcoin is irreplaceable, and it has departed from its original purpose. Becomes a vane, has the value of storage. I will buy two bitcoins for my son and keep them as a souvenir.
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:14:19 PM

Dollar and national currencies are replaced Bitcoin in the future, nothing replace Bitcoin. Bitcoin is the new money in this digital world. You need to wait at least 4-5 generations to replace this by new thing. We are at the beginning of crypto currency monetary age.
heynikkki

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 02:59:59 PM

I am not sure if something can replace Bitcoin, but there is a great chance that one of the coins can be used as a payment method
mrphilippine

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 03:52:29 PM

In my opinion bitcoin was the door opener for this new way of money, but the real builder of a Crypto economy is gonna IOTA, Etherum, ByteCoin or any other whom has fixed the Bitcoin problems and does not work on the same Blockchain technology.
hieuho381

Activity: 504
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:08:55 PM

it is really hard to think about bitcoin will be replaced in the future but after a long time, surely it will happens, so that is why we have to choose a good altcoin to be able to replace BTC, i personally think it would be great if we choose to invest in ADA, a really good altcoin that has been high evaluated by investors around the world, that it can use smart contract like ETH but better because it can increase the amount of transactions to deal every second, and its potential to be used in real life is very good that it can defeat both ETH and BTC, but this is stil on experiments, we should wait a little longer to see the result.
leea-1334

Activity: 2254
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:10:57 PM

I'm not sure anyone can replace bitcoin, the future is something that is difficult to predict, you can not say something that will not necessarily happen in the future, but that does not mean I do not pay attention to problems like bitcoin that will disappear sometime, there will be replacements that have a variety of advantages, so get a good response from many people so they can adopt it, but it is a mere prediction of the fact that bitcoin can survive today because of some of the advantages it has, so every still trust and use bitcoin

Bitcoin will not live forever, but forever is a really long time. I might maybe at maximum live for another 100 years, and that is not enough time for anything to happen even to fiat and banking, but by that time Bitcoin should still be reaching its heights and apex.

Do not worry guys, nothing will replace Bitcoin while we are alive. Worry first about the US dollar or your country's currency, before worrying about baby Bitcoin Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Fedrey

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:08:31 PM

In my opinion bitcoin was the door opener for this new way of money, but the real builder of a Crypto economy is gonna IOTA, Etherum, ByteCoin or any other whom has fixed the Bitcoin problems and does not work on the same Blockchain technology.
mail technology the block of chains very strongly conducts in all spheres of ability to live of the person, with it anybody will not argue. Thus, crypto-currency is being introduced into the everyday life of society. That's only possible such a scenario, that Bitcoin can not exist for a long time.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:27:21 AM

I'm not sure anyone can replace bitcoin, the future is something that is difficult to predict, you can not say something that will not necessarily happen in the future, but that does not mean I do not pay attention to problems like bitcoin that will disappear sometime, there will be replacements that have a variety of advantages, so get a good response from many people so they can adopt it, but it is a mere prediction of the fact that bitcoin can survive today because of some of the advantages it has, so every still trust and use bitcoin

Bitcoin will not live forever, but forever is a really long time. I might maybe at maximum live for another 100 years, and that is not enough time for anything to happen even to fiat and banking, but by that time Bitcoin should still be reaching its heights and apex.

Do not worry guys, nothing will replace Bitcoin while we are alive. Worry first about the US dollar or your country's currency, before worrying about baby Bitcoin Smiley
If I am supposed to give any statement regarding the survival of bitcoin for forever, my first question would be indeed, what is the exact number of years that this forever is consist of. Nobody really knows how long we are going to live or this planet but this is certain, as far as human race will live, bitcoin will also stay with it and no crypto currency has the potential to overtake crypto king.

Killrbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 31

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:53:31 AM

I personally dont think any other coin can replace bitcoin, its just to entrenched, and has to much of an network effect advantage. Bitcoin is also the only coin right now that is truly decentralized (can u really call ethereum decentralized when its price fell 40% on vitalik death rumours). The btc network also has a lot of protection with its massive hash power and still fulfills its original purpose of sound money.

And im not trying to diss alts or other coins here, they all have their various use cases and will completely change how various indutsries and sectors of the economy work, but that's not to say that they come anywhere close to having the characteristic of a currency and can replace btc.

And yes the BTC dominance will continue to drop overtime, but its important to consider that the dominance ratio is skewed heavily in favour of alts owing to the fact that there are 100s of new icos launched every month, while the order books for most small cap coins are very thin such that with even 100-300 btc you could increase the marketcap of these coins 20-30 fold. (denta coin here is a great example).

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:49:13 AM

There are many cryptocurrencies which claim to be better than Bitcoin, but i think not.
The fact that bitcoin price goes down doesn't prove that bitcoin is not good enough and should be replaced by another coin. I think Bitcoin always be the legend coin.
But there are some coins have a good future but not equal to bitcoin. Such as ETH,XMR etc . But remember they are still can not replace the bitcoin.
Andri ansah

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:19:27 PM

I think bitcoin is never replaced, eth seems to not be able to replace bitcoin position may take years but I think it is not easy for that although eth is always growing.
nabinkhadka

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:13:00 PM

At least for a few years of time nothing is going to replace bitcoin in my opinion. because every new investor entering this space would def invest in BTC.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 03:43:48 PM

Bitcoin will not be replaced by any other coins anytime soon. But, the people's choice is ETH because of its revolutionizing system to be utilized in many aspects. In my opinion, bitcoin will always be here to stay because it is the pioneer in crypto currency and has become the trademark. I may be wrong, but I still believe that the entry point to crypto currency will always be bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: