Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:41:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is going to replace bitcoin?  (Read 2003 times)
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:57:05 PM

I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?

No one really knows for sure what coins is big, sturdy and price-efficient enough to replace bitcoin's
foothold on the cryptocurrency market. Ethereum seems to be the only one that's close but still not
enough if price is to be a strong factor. Though Ethereum is remarkably steady in a very impressive
standard and manner much compared to bitcoins, it may still very well have a shot. But bitcoins will
still be hard to replace in my opinion. It's just hard to speculate or imagine what's bigger than BTC.

theres nothing can replace bticoin

With that said, there is still a big uncertainty of bitcoin's successor. I think we shouldn't really
bother to engage strenuously with such matters, bitcoin is undeniably unique. It still hasn't
reach it's peak, we can still expect wonderful and even greater things from bitcoins. Bitcoins
is simply indefinitely irreplaceable as far as people are concerned.
XCANA

Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:59:20 PM

I believe that there is any coin that will replace Bitcoin in the nearest future because of the Bitcoin has been in existence for longer period and that is why Bitcoin will remain number one in in the crypto world.

cannycassiopeia

Activity: 266
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 07:07:09 PM

I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?

Where do you think crypto is going? (Based on your question)

There are so many good altcoins out there that might beat Bitcoin someday, but ofcoarse we're not sure about our speculations or a guess. Many says, Ethereum will beat Bitcoin or it can be Litecoin. But I have a strong belief that it will be Ethereum.

I'll be active when the bull market comes back
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:12:14 PM

I am sure that bitcoin cash, bitcoin gold, litecoin or ethereum won't replace bitcoin. Currently released coins namely these 4 will never replace bitcoin because bitcoin has lot better verified reputation in code thanks to Satoshi.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:21:46 PM

I don't think that there is any coin that has power to replace bitcoin as bitcoin is the king of cryptos and will rule the world in coming years and it will gain more popularity and become more powerful when more people will start investing and using it.
OnnoTunes

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 08:30:11 PM

The coin that can replace bitcoin can only be Etherium. Also Ripple can do this by its marketcap
bit..what?

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 08:37:11 PM

At the moment i think nothing will replace bitcoin for a very long time. He has the most acceptance worldwide and more and more people know bitcoin.
But bitcoin will not be alone. There will be other big coins besides bitcoin. I think it will continue for the next years.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:32:14 PM

I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?

I don't understand why you think that bitcoin will not remain the leader. I'm fully confident that bitcoin will be the most important coin for many years. Now I don't see any coins that could replace it.
NorihiroName

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:37:08 PM

The only real rival is ETH, but the chances are low, something really extraordinary must happen so that BTC will looose 1st position.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 10:42:12 PM

The only real rival is ETH, but the chances are low, something really extraordinary must happen so that BTC will looose 1st position.

In fact, ethereum is never going to replace bitcoin, there is no way that it can be better than it. To be honest, i do not understand those people who are always saying that ethereum is ten times better than bitcoin.. I like both coins.. but btc is always going to be the best one
patrickrn32

Activity: 770
Merit: 252

https://twitter.com/iambitboy

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 03:31:47 AM

In fact, ethereum is never going to replace bitcoin, there is no way that it can be better than it. To be honest, i do not understand those people who are always saying that ethereum is ten times better than bitcoin.. I like both coins.. but btc is always going to be the best one

Yeah i think that too, maybe the market cap becomes equal but it will never replace bitcoin... the coin who will replace bitcoin does not exist yet in my opinion, but time will tell

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
dianikusuma

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:12:31 AM

Where do you think crypto is going? (Based on your question)

There are so many good altcoins out there that might beat Bitcoin someday, but ofcoarse we're not sure about our speculations or a guess. Many says, Ethereum will beat Bitcoin or it can be Litecoin. But I have a strong belief that it will be Ethereum.

Indeed many looks that say could replace the ethereum bitcoin. but of course, this needs to be a long time because of the bitcoin itself can also be easily moved. but there will be no one knows how the future later on how the fate of the bitcoin.
labilaab

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 06:33:44 AM

It will be Ethereum for me.But maybe this will take for long long years since Bitcoin has lower total supply than Ethereum. I fully-believe ethereum will soon moon for it has a lot of capability and a smart contract and a plarform by countless famous tokens.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
gempil

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:08:29 AM

It would be very difficult for other coins to replace bitcoin position if any other coin that is able to replace bitcoin position will take a long time. Bitcoin will stay in place, and other coins will remain under bitcoin. Maybe you can make a backup investment in other than bitcoin, I think is suitable to be invested besides bitcoin ie Ethereum and BCH.
darkangelosme

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:23:38 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2018, 08:58:39 AM by darkangelosme

I believe crypto is not going away but it looks like in the near future bitcoin is going to be a afterthought.   What coins do you think have a chance at replacing it and being adopted for use?
I'll going to pick ethereum. I believe that ethereum will replace bitcoin in the coming future because of it's price stability. And also it is capable of holdings a lot of erc20 tokens that is extremely useful for an ico projects.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:35:37 AM

I think that bitcoin is here to stay, and will remain a major coin for the foreseeable future. Maybe number one, maybe not, but certainly up near the top in cap.

And different coins have different uses, it's not a case of one coin fulfilling every role. For example ETH and XRP - ETH will never replace XRP for fast international banking payments, and XRP will never replace ETH for smart contracts.

It's not the case that there will be a single winner that fulfills every role.

f150

Activity: 606
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:43:58 AM

why can you think like that? I do not think anyone can replace Bitcoin, and in any market Bitcoin is always in position number one. Bitcoin is its parent and Altcoin and others are just an alternative to being able to get Bitcoin, I'm very sure Bitcoin will always be a sata number in cryptocurrency.
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:26:45 AM

I still see nothing for now but it's really possible that bitcoin might be replaced. It could be bitcoin 2.0 with a new name or a coin that is supported by the masses, government, developers or etc.
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:44:50 AM

I still see nothing for now but it's really possible that bitcoin might be replaced. It could be bitcoin 2.0 with a new name or a coin that is supported by the masses, government, developers or etc.

Cryptocurrencies are evolving and everything could be happen anytime. So many of us are wondering what could replace the Bitcoin due to the fact that some cryptos has the potential to grow its value as the years are passing by. Also, they keep making innovations and upgrading the system. So, we never know what would happen in the future but there are a lots of potential crypto that has the chance to be its competitors.
Nebula Exchange
Copper Member

Activity: 106

Nebula Exchange Admin

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:18:30 PM

It's gonna be hard to take the crown...

Especially if the lightning fork is a complete success imo.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: