Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:22:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 406 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔷 Waves Tech - a powerful blockchain-agnostic ecosystem  (Read 129439 times)
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 06:19:25 PM

So after i type in the seed, it should display my waves address below it?   Then i click on it and then click continue?

Why does it display a different waves address each time after i type in my 6th word, 7th word, etc?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:02:41 PM

every account has a different seed and a different address, which is linked to the seed..

it is normal that address changes when you change or complete the seed !

you put then a password who can be different between different computers, but permanent on the same computer ;

you delete the account if you want to change password, then re-create it with seed.

you have a 12 word seed, but they have now 15 words.

i think that for better security you should create a new account, then transfer to it what is important for you.

in this case you would have to send separately each currency to the new account.
jerry0

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:20:00 PM

Okay so waves seeds are either 12 words or 15 words correct?  Does it matter which one mine is?

But why does it show an address after i type in 7 words of my seed then?  Why should there be anything displayed?  Example if i type in a 12 word seed but i have a 15 word seed, then that 12 word seed is someone elses seed? 

I already have a password for my lite waves client when i log in each time.  So i need to put a completely new password for the waves client now when i do this?  I want to keep the same password for waves when logging into desktop computer.

What do you mean create new account?  You mean create a brand new waves account?  I don't want to do that because that would i mean i get a brand new seed?

I just want to use the same lite waves client but people say upgrade to desktop.  I want to use same password as my old waves client and obviously keep the same seed.
jerry0

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:22:31 PM

Okay so for that airdrop, i dont need to upgrade to the waves desktop client now?  Can i use the lite client as is?  

I read on that link you can participate in that Vostok airdrop by either

1.  Copy and pasting your waves address

or

2.  Send 0.0001 waves to this address

3PBNiHBcp8rxiYkGVGNHEGZHEamb1aXeWVv

So both the same thing?  But if you do 1, you click auth with waves keeper below?  Is there anything else you need to do after that?  But you still need to install that extension right?

So is it safer just sending 0.0001 waves to that waves address instead?

jerry0

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:33:26 PM

https://docs.wavesplatform.com/en/waves-client/account-management/restore-an-account.html

Okay so type in my 15 word seed from waves.  Is everyone else 15 words or some ppl have 12?

Then i look and that waves address below should my waves address correct?

Then it ask you to put name for account and password.  I see it says enter a new password.  So choose a completely different password and do not use the same old waves password with lite waves client?

Then check all those 3 boxes?

estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:34:07 PM

Okay so waves seeds are either 12 words or 15 words correct?  Does it matter which one mine is?

YES, does not matter, but mathematical possibilities are greater with 15 words, then better protection.

But why does it show an address after i type in 7 words of my seed then?  Why should there be anything displayed?  Example if i type in a 12 word seed but i have a 15 word seed, then that 12 word seed is someone elses seed?

dont know for the first part; realize that there are numerous possibilities, generally not attributed.
if you try another new seed different from yours, you will arrive in a new empty account.  

I already have a password for my lite waves client when i log in each time.  So i need to put a completely new password for the waves client now when i do this?  I want to keep the same password for waves when logging into desktop computer.
you can keep the same, as well as change it to a new one..

What do you mean create new account?  You mean create a brand new waves account?  I don't want to do that because that would i mean i get a brand new seed?
YES and YES;

I just want to use the same lite waves client but people say upgrade to desktop.  I want to use same password as my old waves client and obviously keep the same seed.

ok, this was just a suggestion.
desktop has very different and greater possibilities. it is independant from any browser.
jerry0

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:44:57 PM

ess

After i type say the 5th word of my seed, it displays a waves address... then when i type in my 6th word, say the 1st letter, a new address shows up... i type 2nd letter of my 6th word, another waves address shows up.  Does that make sense? 

Im confused why does this happen?
jerry0

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:50:18 PM

Okay so

Type in my 15 word seed.  The address below it should be the same as my waves address correct?  I notice when i copy and paste my 15 word phrase it displays the correct waves address.

Then make sure its checked keep the account on this computer and click continue

Then name your wallet such as My Wallet and enter either your old waves password or new password and then check all 3 boxes and then click confirm and begin right?

After that, you are done?

Do you suggest a new password for the waves desktop client or use old one?  More secure to use new one?
jerry0

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 07:58:17 PM

Okay i think i understand this now.  Can you confirm what i posted above?

But for the password, we have to use a brand new password or the old waves password?  Does it matter?

So let say i use the new one.  So if i wanted to log into the lite waves client nex time, i have to make sure to use the new password i created for the desktop waves client right?  Or would it be a different waves password for the desktop client and a different waves password for the lite client?
Waves.support

Activity: 1310
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2019, 09:12:22 PM

waves support, few questions to confirm

I have waves in my waves lite app.  I never downloaded the desktop.  So i need to first do this or not?

Then i go to that site and post my waves address?  And that is all then i can get that airdrop?  When is that airdrop going to occur?  Or did it already did?

So 1 already has happened?  I did not know this because i assumed since i have waves in my waves lite app and lease them, i would get anything that is given out...

Thanks.
Hello!
Lite Client is out of date and we strongly recommend all our users to install a Desktop Client and migrate their accounts. You can install a Desktop Client for your OS here https://wavesplatform.com/products-exchange
To be eligible for the giveaway, you should sign a transaction via Waves Keeper or just send a small transaction to the certain address. All the details in regard to the second phase of the Vostok airdrop are mentioned on the following website https://vostok.wavesplatform.com/
After that, just fill in your Waves account address on the website which was provided above and check whether you got Verified status. When you will be able to see it, the only one thing left for you is to hold your WAVES and/or WCT assets within your address.
The distribution for both rounds of Vostok airdrop will be held when the latest snapshot of the second round which is scheduled for May 31 will be successfully ended. Soon after this, the VST token will be available for trading.

Sincerely,
Waves Community Manager

Hi.  I dont need to send waves anywhere though.  You say sign a transaction, that is done on that site vostok you posted?  You say send small transaction to certain address.  It could be any or has to be a certain address?

Okay so first vostok airdrop happened.  How long was this ago?  Can you tell me what ppl got for that?  Example say you have 1000 waves, what did those people get?  Also is that why waves price dropped a lot because of that airdrop?  I was completely unaware of this.  You say this is 2nd phase so 1st phase already happened?

Okay i have till like May to do this and this does not need to be done soon?

Hello, kindly check the link with the details of the airdrop where you can easily find special Waves address to send small amount of WAVES or even authorize with Waves Keeper https://vostok.wavesplatform.com. The first phase was ended at the end of March. The total distribution for both phases are supposed to be done at the beginning of June. Please stay in touch.

Okay i downloaded the waves desktop client.  But when it ask me to import accounts,

I chosed waves lite client and then it says no accounts found

We were unable to retrieve your accounts.  Please restore them by using their backup seeds. 

And to click I understand

Is there a reason i got this message?  Do i need waves lite client opened before i click i understand?

So i have to put in my 12 word seed then?

Also i did download waves app on my nano ledger s but i never did the process to connect it.  So that obviously means its not import accounts from your ledger device right?

Feel free to use an instruction for importing your account with some clicks https://docs.wavesplatform.com/en/waves-client/account-management/account-migration.html

Hello! Thank you very much! This is great news for the whole community.
Now the question. What functions will this token perform and where?

Hello Ukraine2020! Vostok utility tokens are used for validating transactions on the blockchain. To use Vostok blockchain for projects, you will need to have a required balance of tokens, depending on throughput, expected number of transactions etc. You can find more information about Vostok project by using this site - https://vostok.io/

Sincerely, Waves Community Manager

Hello, Waves Community Manager! Thanks for the answer.
Yes, I know it. But then what is the difference from Waves blockchain?
How do I understand - the difference in the areas where it will be used?

Hello! Thank you for your question.
Waves blockchain is an open source with the main idea of mass adoption. Vostok blockchain is based on the same algorithm as Waves (https://docs.wavesplatform.com/en/waves-environment/waves-protocol/fair-pos.html) but available for a limited group of users, designed for providing blockchain services to a corporate and governmental segment.

Best wishes,
Waves Community manager.   

Hello! Mutually! Thank you for your reply!
Got it. What are the technological features of Blockchain Vostok?
By the way, as I understand it, I can still buy more Waves before the airdrop?

Hello, Vostok features not just blockchain but also technologies for artificial intelligence, IoT, systematizing and analysis of big data etc. More details about the project and its development will appear soon on our social media accounts and on Medium.
In addition, Vostok system integrator is being created, which will help companies to implement blockchain-solutions based on Vostok and Waves in their IT infrastructure.

Okay so for that airdrop, i dont need to upgrade to the waves desktop client now?  Can i use the lite client as is? 

I read on that link you can participate in that Vostok airdrop by either

1.  Copy and pasting your waves address

or

2.  Send 0.0001 waves to this address

3PBNiHBcp8rxiYkGVGNHEGZHEamb1aXeWVv

So both the same thing?  But if you do 1, you click auth with waves keeper below?  Is there anything else you need to do after that?  But you still need to install that extension right?

So is it safer just sending 0.0001 waves to that waves address instead?

Both ways are possible: authorize with Waves Keeper or send a transaction to a special address, you can choose any you like. So, when you chose any, you can easily check then whether your address has been verified by pasting your Waves address into the search line here https://vostok.wavesplatform.com

https://docs.wavesplatform.com/en/waves-client/account-management/restore-an-account.html

Okay so type in my 15 word seed from waves.  Is everyone else 15 words or some ppl have 12?

Then i look and that waves address below should my waves address correct?

Then it ask you to put name for account and password.  I see it says enter a new password.  So choose a completely different password and do not use the same old waves password with lite waves client?

Then check all those 3 boxes?

Yes, 12 and 15 words is possible. If you did everything right, you should see the same address as you used in Lite Client. You need to set the password to protect your wallet locally. You can choose the password any time you restore the access to your account with the SEED phrase, it should be the same for one wallet Desktop or Online.
ess

After i type say the 5th word of my seed, it displays a waves address... then when i type in my 6th word, say the 1st letter, a new address shows up... i type 2nd letter of my 6th word, another waves address shows up.  Does that make sense? 

Im confused why does this happen?

The generating addresses process just goes on.
Seems to me cover all your questions above. Feel free to ask again if something was missed.

Best wishes,
Waves Community manager.
jerry0

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:24:11 PM

wave.support

Okay i will do it with the 15 word seed.

When i put a password for it, does the password need to be same as the lite waves client?  So if i use a new password... that is the same password used to log into the lite waves client right?
jerry0

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 09:26:21 PM

Is it preferred to use the old password as i have waves lite client or create a new one?

And if i choose a new one, is that new password going to be used to log into lite waves client as well if i choose?
Waves.support

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 01:53:25 AM

Is it preferred to use the old password as i have waves lite client or create a new one?

And if i choose a new one, is that new password going to be used to log into lite waves client as well if i choose?
Greetings. It doesn't matter which password you will use. And password in lite client will stay same even if you will use a new one in new client.
Best regards, Waves Community Manager
jerry0

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 02:08:05 AM

waves.support so do you recommend the old password or new password for the desktop client?

So if next time i want to open the lite client, i have to use old password.  The desktop client... the new password?
Scrotum

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 02:22:56 AM

Hard to understand why Waves founder treats his first investors and supporters this way, so many scammer devs in crypto trying to look legitimate ... sasha is one of the only legitimate devs who does his best to look like a scammer .... 3 years of waiting for these poor people who supported Sasha when he started in crypto as founder of Coinomat.

shame shame shame ... you said Next week ... two weeks ago!
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 03:33:08 AM

waves.support so do you recommend the old password or new password for the desktop client?

So if next time i want to open the lite client, i have to use old password.  The desktop client... the new password?

The password does not matter that much when importing your old waves wallet address, what matters is your 12 phrase words for recovery each time you want to make use of it, wether you decided to repeat your old password or create a new one don't make a difference, as long as you make a password at all to prevent easy access to your wallet.
I always change my waves password whenever i recovery my old wallet for whatever reason, hope you understand.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
SundayLottery

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 03:42:52 AM

How popular is Waves platform at the moment?

Is it worth creating dapps/contracts on it?

Are there enough users / loyal users who will prefer such projects?

jerry0

View Profile
April 13, 2019, 04:39:20 AM

Okay why do you say 12 word phrase?  Is your phrase 12 words?  Mine is 15 words.  Why do some ppl have 12 vs 15 words as their seed for waves?

But if i make a new password for it, if i try to log into my waves lite client as oppose to the desktop client... will i use the new password or old password for the waves lite client?

I have the waves lite client and the desktop waves client on the same computer.

Waves.support

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 05:48:09 AM

Okay why do you say 12 word phrase?  Is your phrase 12 words?  Mine is 15 words.  Why do some ppl have 12 vs 15 words as their seed for waves?

But if i make a new password for it, if i try to log into my waves lite client as oppose to the desktop client... will i use the new password or old password for the waves lite client?

I have the waves lite client and the desktop waves client on the same computer.

Hi again.
You will have your old password in lite client. Password doesn't connected to seed phrase
Best regards, Waves Community Manager.
papashark

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2019, 05:56:42 AM

I just posted my password phrase in a public chat in FB.. and it took a minute before I figureout.. Is there any way how to change password in my wallet? or i need to create one?
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 406 »
  Print  

Jump to: