Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:07:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAG] TAGMining.Com is now the official pool of Tagcoin!  (Read 45613 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:37:33 PM

MSI contacted me finally about my card. They can't repair/replace it because the series is dead and they don't have the components anymore. They're mailing me a check of $287.

Not bad, I got the card used for $200, used it for about 2 months and earned a lot of coin with it.. and it more than paid for itself. It'll be missed, but, the money will go toward a new one and paying the electric bill.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 10:30:01 PM

Vesper,

Thanks for all the advice... I am sticking with 2 GPU rigs for the moment... just a bit easier on the pocket book and a bit cheaper to build per Kh/s than 3 card rigs... but not sure that I need bigger power supplies... here is the specs on the Antec Truepower Classic 750W that I am using...

When you say XXAmps per 12V rail... does this power supply have 35A per rail... 35A for +12V1 and 35A for +12V2? If so... this power supply should be plenty for a 2 card rig. The power supplies are not working hard, they are cool to touch, not even warm while running.

I am planning to build a rig tomorrow on Asus 280X's... have you any tips or hints?

Here is today's listing of 25TAG to the TagBond Exchange at BTC.00096 each... current Crypsty price at time of listing was BTC.00096750

Happy New Year!!!
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 11:07:41 PM

Looks like you're good to go for amperage, especially if there's no struggles and the PSU seems fine. If it works for you I say stick with your current design.

No particular tips on the Asus', aside from trying the modified scrypt kernel to see if they benefit, once you have found some good settings.

Good luck and congrats on the extra power.

24Kilo

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:45:19 AM

Breaking news...

There is 50TAG listed for sale on the TagBond Exchange at a significant discount to the current Crypsty price BTC.0009750 at time of this post.

I will keep the TAG listed for today... let's get some daily trades happening on the TAG Exchange... I am not planning to sell TAG at a discount forever... Mark... we need price support from head office.

Com, on fellows... let's get some trading happening... there is no trading fees so it does not cost us anything to do a bit of trading between ourselves to create some traffic.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 02:21:18 AM

Breaking news...

There is 50TAG listed for sale on the TagBond Exchange at a significant discount to the current Crypsty price BTC.0009750 at time of this post.

I will keep the TAG listed for today... let's get some daily trades happening on the TAG Exchange... I am not planning to sell TAG at a discount forever... Mark... we need price support from head office.

Com, on fellows... let's get some trading happening... there is no trading fees so it does not cost us anything to do a bit of trading between ourselves to create some traffic.

If I had the BTC, I would snatch it up.  I'll probably offer some TAG up after this week's jackpot.  I'll split my portion of the payout between the server bill and the exchange.

I spent some coin today on some of those USB risers that I've been looking at for a while.  I should get them Friday/Saturday.  I'll let you guys know how they rate when I get them up and running.

Also:

Happy New Years to everyone!  Have a safe and joyous New Years Eve!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
24Kilo

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:02:25 AM

Happy New Year to all the TAG Miners!!!!
ehalvers

Activity: 513

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:10:08 AM

Come join Kilo24 and I for some TAG trading!!!

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓     
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
24Kilo

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:12:48 AM

Welcome to the community!!!
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 03:52:44 AM

Welcome to the thread, mate!  Enjoy your stay Smiley

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:23:31 AM

Reporting back on the TOXIC, it's still going for days at 800kh+ with 0 issues. I just popped the Prolimatech cooler on it this afternoon. As expected it's doing well, keeping the temps a couple degrees cooler than the stock. The biggest benefit: Pure silence, and it'll withstand the hot summers as well.

It was a bit of a pain doing the cooler swap compared to the MSI's. What I like about the MSI's is you leave the stock VRM plate on the PCB, and just add the stick-on heatsinks. Very quick and easy.

With the TOXIC, there's more to take apart (an entire rear heatsink), and you have to place the stick-ons on each chip. Not a big issue but it adds time and complexity. Also the VRM cooling sink isn't as large as the MSI so I'm wondering about that, but I guess time will tell.

ehalvers

Activity: 513

Crypto ehalvers

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:12:59 AM

Reporting back on the TOXIC, it's still going for days at 800kh+ with 0 issues. I just popped the Prolimatech cooler on it this afternoon. As expected it's doing well, keeping the temps a couple degrees cooler than the stock. The biggest benefit: Pure silence, and it'll withstand the hot summers as well.

It was a bit of a pain doing the cooler swap compared to the MSI's. What I like about the MSI's is you leave the stock VRM plate on the PCB, and just add the stick-on heatsinks. Very quick and easy.

With the TOXIC, there's more to take apart (an entire rear heatsink), and you have to place the stick-ons on each chip. Not a big issue but it adds time and complexity. Also the VRM cooling sink isn't as large as the MSI so I'm wondering about that, but I guess time will tell.

Looking into getting 2-3 of the R9's which 280x would you suggest?

Sapphire Toxic 280x (the one you were testing right?)
Gigabyte R928XOC-3GD/3G
ASUS R9280X-DC2-3GD5

or 290

Gigabyte R929D5-4GD-B

You have any experience with these cards?

Thanks!

█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓ 
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓  
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓        
            █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Fishcoin
      ▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███

▄█▄
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███████  ██
  ███████████
  ▀█████████▀
    ▀█████▀
      ███
    ▄█████▄
  ▄█████████▄
  ███▀   ▀███
Decentralized Network
 Tokenized Incentive    
 Interoperable Tools       
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:49:49 AM

Gigabyte R928XOC-3GD/3G
ASUS R9280X-DC2-3GD5

or 290

Gigabyte R929D5-4GD-B

Thanks!

I have experience with the MSI 280X and the TOXIC 280x. Other folks here have used the other cards you mention.

I've had great results with both cards. The MSI's seem to give 730-740 without issue for me, with some slight variation in hash. The TOXIC has been giving a solid 800+ with very little variation. It cost me $60 more per GPU than the MSI. If you're keeping the stock coolers, the MSI is much quieter and they both run about the same temperature.

24Kilo

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:23:24 AM

Gigabyte R928XOC-3GD/3G
ASUS R9280X-DC2-3GD5

or 290

Gigabyte R929D5-4GD-B

Thanks!

I only use 280X's...

Sapphire cards are my preferred card at this point... just bought 3 more Sapphire Dual-X's this afternoon... 2 more 1.5Mh/s rigs coming online in the next few hours.

Gigabyte cards are good.. both Rev 1 and Rev 2... but I have not been able to get them above 722Kh/s... and it is not for trying... very stable hash-rate but not as stable as the Sapphires which vary maybe .5Kh/s or so...

I was supposed to be getting a pair of Asus cards today, but got the Sapphires instead. My MSI cards have been my poorest performers at 715Kh/s.

I want to buy a set of ASUS next just to see how they perform... probably will sell my MSI card and some of my Gigabyte cards as quickly as I can replace them with Sapphire cards. Would love to get my hands on some Toxics... just not available for a decent price here in Australia.
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:53:22 AM

Gigabyte R928XOC-3GD/3G
ASUS R9280X-DC2-3GD5

or 290

Gigabyte R929D5-4GD-B

Thanks!

I only use 280X's...

Sapphire cards are my preferred card at this point... just bought 3 more Sapphire Dual-X's this afternoon... 2 more 1.5Mh/s rigs coming online in the next few hours.

Gigabyte cards are good.. both Rev 1 and Rev 2... but I have not been able to get them above 722Kh/s... and it is not for trying... very stable hash-rate but not as stable as the Sapphires which vary maybe .5Kh/s or so...

I was supposed to be getting a pair of Asus cards today, but got the Sapphires instead. My MSI cards have been my poorest performers at 715Kh/s.

I want to buy a set of ASUS next just to see how they perform... probably will sell my MSI card and some of my Gigabyte cards as quickly as I can replace them with Sapphire cards. Would love to get my hands on some Toxics... just not available for a decent price here in Australia.

I'd offer to buy those from you but the shipping would probably suck.

24Kilo

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:41:28 PM

Just did a 7 hour miner install marathon... built 2 new rigs and rebuilt 2 rigs... updated drivers all around... installed a new 24 port switch... few other things that I cannot remember as it is now 01:00 here... but online with a solid 7.5Mh/s in dedicated rigs and an effective 9Mh/s when the 2 PC's are included... nipping at Vesper's heels!!!

So much to learn and do... learn Linux... study and understand encryption and security for the miners, network and data... securing and storing wallets and coins... trading... a full-time job!!!

Anyway... having a lot of fun... learning heaps... hopefully making a little profit... stockpiling a large amounts of computer gear... so can't complain too much!!!

So there are now 5 veggie crate miners!!!
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 01:53:47 PM

Just did a 7 hour miner install marathon... built 2 new rigs and rebuilt 2 rigs... updated drivers all around... installed a new 24 port switch... few other things that I cannot remember as it is now 01:00 here... but online with a solid 7.5Mh/s in dedicated rigs and an effective 9Mh/s when the 2 PC's are included... nipping at Vesper's heels!!!

So much to learn and do... learn Linux... study and understand encryption and security for the miners, network and data... securing and storing wallets and coins... trading... a full-time job!!!

Anyway... having a lot of fun... learning heaps... hopefully making a little profit... stockpiling a large amounts of computer gear... so can't complain too much!!!

So there are now 5 veggie crate miners!!!

A big high-five to my down-under buddy! That's awesome man.

I'm going to add 1, maybe 2, more systems at my house now, but it depends on my power capabilities. I can put more in other locations if need be. I'm looking into some local office space to see if I can find a plate with flate rate electricity which will allow me to pull 40..60..80 amps continuously lol.

24Kilo

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:06:27 PM

A big high-five to my down-under buddy! That's awesome man.

I'm going to add 1, maybe 2, more systems at my house now, but it depends on my power capabilities. I can put more in other locations if need be. I'm looking into some local office space to see if I can find a plate with flate rate electricity which will allow me to pull 40..60..80 amps continuously lol.

Thanks... I am finding the admin side of things a tad overwhelming... keeping track of .bat files, logs, wallets, .confs... I really need to become more organised and efficient.

I am pretty lucky... our house is wired with 3phase with a 600AMP service... so I have pretty much unlimited power as long as I can pay for it.

What is your total Mh/s or is that a secret?

I am happy to sell cards for TAG or BTC... I could ship you 4 cards for about $80USD... not sure what price you are paying for cards... but I have yet to spend more than $400AUD for any card.. Dual-X's are $360AUD... Gigabytes were $385AUD... the prices are going up... I was going to pay $395AUD for the ASUS cards, but got the Dual-X instead.
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 02:47:17 PM

Thanks... I am finding the admin side of things a tad overwhelming... keeping track of .bat files, logs, wallets, .confs... I really need to become more organised and efficient.

Once you get it under control, it's cake. I have offline wallets, and I have an 'offline' computer for doing wallet work. I go online with it when I need to. My mining payments go to wallets which aren't kept online.

As to the mining rigs, it's all automated. If they have power, they start mining. I simply log in to switch pools. I have remote windows open for all my systems, and they stay open 24/7 so I can see what the situation is all the time. My primary computer has  6 (sometimes 7)  monitors, and 2 of them have these status windows open. i can also monitor my mining status and earned income status via my mobile. I use an app called cryptcoin monitor, very handy.

I'm sure most of your systems are setup similarly. You will be a pro in days, I have no doubt!

I am pretty lucky... our house is wired with 3phase with a 600AMP service... so I have pretty much unlimited power as long as I can pay for it.

I am absolutely jealous. I can't express this enough.

What is your total Mh/s or is that a secret?

At present: I have about 9.5mh online right now. Another 1.5mh is offline (waiting for motherboards which are inbound)

Upcoming: Another 5Mh is waiting to be shipped. And I'm hoping to order 2-6 more Toxic cards in the next few days, depending on what Amazon gets in stock, or I might order from that taiwanese dude Fuse and I have talked to.

I am happy to sell cards for TAG or BTC... I could ship you 4 cards for about $80USD... not sure what price you are paying for cards... but I have yet to spend more than $400AUD for any card.. Dual-X's are $360AUD... Gigabytes were $385AUD... the prices are going up... I was going to pay $395AUD for the ASUS cards, but got the Dual-X instead.

Keep me in mind if you go to sell them. That shipping price isn't as bad as I thought.

vesperwillow

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:54:24 AM

Anyone here ever try Gigabyte 1GB 7850's?

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:59:34 AM

Anyone here ever try Gigabyte 1GB 7850's?

You'll get 350 out of them, so a little more than 2kh/$ with what Newegg is selling them for.  The 2 fan design isn't as killer as the 3 fan design, but they're good cards.  However, if you can find them(they pop up every now and then), you're better off buying 5850s in the forums at half the cost.  I've been able to find used 5850s for < $75.

But the 7850s are stellar.  And Gigabyte is known for a trade up on an RMA when the model is discontinued(7950s are getting 280Xs in return right now).

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: