Bitcoin is a great concept. However, like most institutions, freedom websites and protest movements it is quite possible it has wholly or partially been co-opted by the opposition.
I have recently had 2 bad experiences with 2 different bitcoin outfits and now consider that our best option is to hold a small propotion of funds in junk silver coins, that we have ready access to (think multiple hiding places,) rather than bitcoins, though I may keep a tiny number of bitcoins that I can afford to lose in a wallet. Bad experience 1
- Mt Gox failed to initiate the requested process of withdrawal of funds to my bank account for sold bitcoins
- To initiate the withdrawal process they insisted on very precise re-checking of my personal details, though they already had my details on record (typical criminal Illuminati harvesting of non-criminal opposition locations/identities for later targeting.)
- After a week with no transfer to my bank account I contacted support and was told that the withdrawal was still being processed.
- After 14 days and multiple followups from myself, the funds finally cleared into my account - with the excuse that Mt Gox had been in the process of changing bank accounts?
- I then had an email asking me to rate the support representative, when, though the guy was certainly insensitive to my rights as a customer (how many could not buy the planned Christmas presents for their kids?), clearly he was not responsible for the tardy and ineffective Mt Gox process. Lets just put it this way the longer they keep our money, the more interest they earn on it.Bad Experience 2
Luckily, I sold all my bitcoins and withdrew my funds from Bitmarket.eu recently considering that below is the email I recieved from them today.
My name is Maciej Trębacz and I'm the admin of BitMarket.eu bitcoin exchange. I'm writing to you, because BitMarket is in trouble, and I need help of everyone possible. Few months go, a situation arised that is mostly my fault, that put users' funds at risk. I regret it, but sadly it happened.
For the past two weeks, I had to cancel all trading on Bitmarket to sort this out, and the trading is now resumed. That said, user funds from that time are missing, and I'm doing everything I can to reimburse them. I can't do it alone though, that's why I ask for your help. If you want to help, there are following options:
- regardless of your situation, please consider a small donation to help this cause. You can use following Bitcoin address: 1Km5GFMat1DXcbvMTeH9ZvLGKvFCLBA9dM. All these funds will go directly to reimburse users, which funds are missing.
- if you are a Bitcoin trader, please consider selling your BTC through BitMarket. You already have an account, and if you're not verified, please just write to me and I'll verify you within 24 hours.
- if you are an entrepreneur/investor, maybe we can get an agreement that will both help Bitmarket users, as well as give you future BitMarket profits.
- if you run any Bitcoin service, I may be able to work for you in web/mobile/desktop development.
In either case, if you have some questions or ideas that might help, please write to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading this.
Who knows perhaps those we suspect of suspicios dealings may be victims not perpertratots of crime? However when it comes to protecting your hard earned dosh this thread is absolutley right. TRUST NO ONE!!!!!!