Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:20:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6336 times)
Duogembrot

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

It could have happened if the bank could develop his project to start receiving digital currencies and can receive the technology used is certain the bank will be able to do that. It is better if you use the deposit system transparently.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
google98

Activity: 360

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:33:33 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Yes, I do not see why not. The idea is even pretty good. But anyway, such big companies always find the way to gain from everything. So I think banks may already think of such options.  Smiley Smiley

Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:53:57 PM

This is exactly the approach i was expecting from banks and other financial institutions world wide, the landscape is changing and changing quicker than most of us expected and i would have thought that banks would have tried to maintain there position in the new food chain by innovating and reinventing themselves to suit the new emerging customer base that crypto currencies now provide , banks ,should they do this stand to not only maintain their positions/grandeur but stand to make billions from this move. the banks that make this move will have way healthier balance sheets than the ones that refuse to innovate and adapt to the new ecosystem.

Roadarks02

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:29:17 PM

I have read a news on this topic today. It's about some financial institutions working on crypto money investment in the US. I do not know the source of the news and the truth. But I think that in a very short period of time (within a few years), the banks will certainly be able to handle this. Otherwise it is not possible. There is an economic value in the middle. Bitcoin and some coins are already a big competitor to the banking sector. If the crypto money sector does not go to cooperate with the banks, we may not see the banking sector that we know today. Because many projects offer much more than banks promises, much simpler. All you need is internet and a PC.

I think no bank accept Bitcoin in its form, there are traditional banks do not directly deal with Bitcoin. They (intermediary) is convert Bitcoin to local currency or local currency to Bitcoin.  But in my other research There are certain banks which are Bitcoin friendly.
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:59:47 AM

I think my country can not be done because the government in my country still prohibits direct transactions with bitcoin and bitcoin has not been inaugurated by the government as the currency that applies in my country so of course the bank can not do that
andohyeb

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:36:04 AM

The time will come when bitcoin is developed to a stage average person understand it and banks see it as means to boost their profits. Neteller and other online banks are already integrating bitcoin deposit through bitpay into their system and I believe in no times, banks will be accepting deposit and withdrawals not only in bitcoins but in other major cryptocurrencies.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:49:46 AM

I don't think the banks are going to accept the crypto revolution as thats something that threatens their monopoly over money. And the banks would never allow something like that to flourish and try to create negative campaigns against it. So how can they ever accept the deposits of something they are against.

socksserver3

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:55:23 AM

I think that it is possible in several years, not now because it is difficult to change the standard traditional system. People need to adjust to this idea. Some are against crypto but they are few. Most people see the great potential in Bitcoin
Marma Kalari

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:02:41 AM

I do not expect any banks coming up with offers like that, the banks know that it is a risky endeavor to start accepting bitcoin as deposits as there are many hacks from the exchanges left and right and even in this short run we know how many billions are lost through major hacks throughout its short history more over why should i deposit my coins in a bank when i can store carefully.

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀
              ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
KittieFIGHT

Discord | Reddit | Linkedin
██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀▀██████
███ ▀███████     ▀▄███
███   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
████▄             ████
█████             ████
██████▄          █████
██████▀        ███████
██▀▀        ▄▄████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀██████
██████████▀     ██████
██████████   █████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀███████
████████       ███████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀███
██████████▀▀▀      ███
████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
█▄         ▄█▀    ████
████▄▄   ▄█▀      ████
███████▄█▀       █████
█████████  ▄     █████
█████████ ███▄  ██████
██████████████████████
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:05:29 AM

Bitcoin is beyond their control, the only thing why they offer a fixed rate for FIAT deposits is because of they able to fully control and maximize the deposited money for their own profit. And that is completely a different story if the deposit amount is Bitcoin since its decentralized.
Kumic

Activity: 533

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:15:56 AM

If they do that, that could be their doom. But who knows.
I see banks in some form in the future.

voron84-05

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:45:38 AM

I think that for banks this kind of deposit is not completely understandable, the fact is that bitcoin has very high volatility, so the bank will find it difficult to calculate the percentage of profits and the risks associated with this instrument. BTC is a great product for trading on stock exchanges but not for a deposit in a bank.
dvillier

Activity: 238
Merit: 57

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:54:03 AM

I am not  expecting any banks concocting offers that way, the banks realize that it is a hazardous undertaking to begin tolerating bitcoin as stores as there are numerous hacks from the trades left and right and even in this short run we know what number of billions are lost through real hacks all through its short history more finished for what reason should I store my coins in a bank when I can store painstakingly.
NABILA AKTER SHILA

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:03:53 AM

We all know that Bitcoin is volatile in nature. Again we also know that the banks always submit them to the stable money.
If they accept Bitcoin as a payment, and if its price decreases, the banks will face big problems. For these reasons, no bank will deposit other coins, including Bitcoin or Altcoin. But in the future, banks may offer bitcoin and cryptocurrency in the hope of bigger profits.
LazyBitInvestor

Activity: 350
Merit: 101

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:12:28 AM

I`m totally almost sure that such idea is impossible due huge bitcoin volatility. How can they guarantee any profit to you if BTC can be dumped x3 next month?

cmacwiz

Activity: 704
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:20:43 AM

No, I don't think that banks would offer bitcoin deposits as their confidence on bitcoin is very low as they only dig that thing in which they have confidence that it would give them profit, otherwise they keep their hands away from that thing.
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:37:20 AM

I think it is most likely possible. Banks now will need to adopt especially in this great innovation. As of now long it takes before we could feel the effect of it then let's just wait.

thinknow11

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 11:42:27 AM

I don't think there's serious problem for banks to be officially accepting bitcoin as deposit. If bank will only allow withdrawal in bitcoin, therefore, you're withdrawing  the same quantity you deposit, then the bank has nothing to loose in case of any volatility. However, the major problem facing bank is how to integrate a suitable platform that will accommodate cryptocurrency.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:06:27 PM

We actually dont need banks anymore with regards to your bitcoin since your own wallet is your own bank. But if there is a case that banks will offer such services then I am also willing to place some of my bitcoins inside of the bank as long as they keep the volatility and not freeze my bitcoins. There are already movement by the G7 banks to invest on bitcoin and cryptocurrency thus we will be seeing a huge impact on bitcoins value soon enough.
manish9841

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 12:09:27 PM

It can't be ruled out that this is not possible. There has been some companies working to provide loan on crypto assets. So, in future banks has to think about ways how to incorporate bitcoin or other altcoins in their own scope.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: