Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:04:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6336 times)
Fire316

Activity: 281
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:41:01 PM

There is a time for everything....who knows one day banks will accept bitcoin deposits. It will make them gain more profit specially if the bitcoin increase so high but in return,i know banks will not offer a interest and condition that good for us but i am sure that they will make sure they will not get loss with your bitcoin deposits.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:47:27 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
This is the best marketing strategy of the banks can do.  To offer or add their service on the crypto. If they do this, I think banks have a chance to grow and develop the client needs. And the government can have control or can track the person behind the crypto wallet. So, they can add an income tax to those people earn a massive amount of profits on the crypto. In the end. Some country doesn’t have to illegal the bitcoin or even the top 10 coins on the crypto.
cr7

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:49:48 PM

A weighty minus of investment of crypto-currencies under interest - as, for example, the option of closing the bank, as a consequence, the loss of all invested funds.
Will people invest?
No one will give you guarantees about the security of your means!
thundercrystal

Activity: 334
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:52:10 PM

Why not, for bitcoin is described as a cryptocurrency so it is possible that the bank will accept or offer for deposit.
I do agree that banks will offer Bitcoin deposits in the future; and if this thing will happen, the interest will be that high; it will just be normal like fiat money.

▄▄█
      ▄▄█████
  ▄▄█████████       ██▄▄
██████████▀▀        ██████
██████▀▀  ▄▄█       ██████
██████ ▄████▀       ██████
██████ █▀▀      ▄▄█ ██████
██████       ▄████▀ ██████
██████       █▀▀  ▄▄██████
██████        ▄▄██████████
  ▀▀██       █████████▀▀
             █████▀▀
             █▀▀
.FiiiCoin..
Making Cryptocurrency
Available to All,
for All Purposes

████▄▄
████████▄▄
████████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████▀▀
████████▀▀
████▀▀
███████████  ██▄
██           ████▄
██           ██ ▀██▄
██           ████████
██  ███████      
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
██  █████████████  ██
██                 ██
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER
YELLOWPAPER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
budi691

Activity: 1204
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:55:47 PM

No matter how volatile is Bitcoin, the Banks shall definitely be earning more rewards at the detriment of all their customers, leaving you to virtually very little or nothing if such situation could arise, of which Banks would also subscribe to this idea if well implemented,. But I'm also sure they would not do so this time around since the economy is yet to accept the operation of Bitcoin in most of the worldly economies due to its deregulation and decentralization.

the problem in the history of the bank in this world or in every country nothing works well. some new banks that do not have a market or customers will go bankrupt or exposed to liquidation. but government banks will remain strong. as well as with bitcoin, will always be an important role for altcoin that grows every day.
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:56:57 PM

Well it could depend on the bank institution if they are going to approve with the use of bitcoin as another kind of investment that will add up with their offer. But in my opinion these banks will never accept bitcoin because bitcoin is not yet fully accepted by the government and it will compromise on their rules and regulations signed up with them and submitted to the government agency concern. And for sure bitcoin is not stated on that agreement hence bitcoin will not be introduced by most of the banks. Realtalk!
CryptoFello

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:04:39 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

I don't think so, but now you can buy legal btc security. It's a hedge-fund in Exante, the Bitcoin fund https://exante.eu/lp/bitcoin-fund2/. It has Bloomberg code and can be bought/sold at any time. Basically, it's the only safe way to trade bitcoin.
Reagan_alvaro

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:11:01 PM

Some banks have began to embrace crypto currencies and i think change is inevitable, the rest will follow the bitcoin way soon too.

I think They might attract those kind of investors by saying that their bitcoin will be safe in their hands. We know how banks do well in making money.
I like to deposit my fiat to the bank and they make money with it but if its bitcoin. I do not think I will take advantage of this service but there is a chance that it will come and they will target the investors / bitcoin holders who do not really understand what bitcoin, be your own bank.
Ayaancool

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:16:37 PM

There is a possibility to offer us bitcoin deposits. Another possibility is banks will accept as an investment policy as an intermediary.
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:19:36 PM

I believe that yes one day most if not all banks will offer this service and this is because I believe one of them will offer the service. At first it may look gimmicky or as a novelty but after a while banks will realize we acquire more customers this way, why not do it? As long as it is profitable for them to do (with fractional reserve lending it always is) they will do it.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:23:58 PM

If that happens, then what's the investment purpose of bitcoins if we let the banks do it for us. Sounds familiar? Yes, because that's what we do with fiat money. We give them our money so they can invest it for themselves and give us profit on a tear drop scale.

btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:25:12 PM

They are working on it now, that's why you can buy bitcoin with you credit card. In near future we will have more than that!
Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:34:51 PM

I think the risk taken is too big because the bank is not government money or individual money but the money of many people.
so it's not good to use other people's money without his knowledge to invest in bitcoins whose value can not be guessed.
so that's what I thought would never happen.

Aing

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:40:49 PM

Well it could depend on the bank institution if they are going to approve with the use of bitcoin as another kind of investment that will add up with their offer. But in my opinion these banks will never accept bitcoin because bitcoin is not yet fully accepted by the government and it will compromise on their rules and regulations signed up with them and submitted to the government agency concern. And for sure bitcoin is not stated on that agreement hence bitcoin will not be introduced by most of the banks. Realtalk!
Well I don't think so. You may forget the one thing that some countries have legalized bitcoin, so it would be fine if later in the bank there would be something like bitcoin deposit. We talk about what if, so what in my mind is how banks will allocate the profits from deposits while bitcoin is something that stability itself, we can't expect.
Punisherx100

Activity: 122
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:44:17 PM
Merited by Baby Dragon (2)

Every business needs to adapt to changes and challenges like this. Im pretty sure banks are already finding ways to join the bandwagon.they will surely profit from it. It would just be a matter of time until they accept bitcoin deposit and withdrawals.

i don't think so because banks see bitcoin as their competitor i guess, but no one knows right maybe after a decade they will accept bitcoin all over the world.

Haliburton

Activity: 502
Merit: 118

Liberated Forever. Domesticated Never.

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:50:52 PM

If that happens, then what's the investment purpose of bitcoins if we let the banks do it for us. Sounds familiar? Yes, because that's what we do with fiat money. We give them our money so they can invest it for themselves and give us profit on a tear drop scale.

It seems that you have a good point here, my friend. If we let banks take control of our own Bitcoin, then wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of cryptocurrencies? Bitcoin was designed to let people gain control over their own money by simply eliminating the middleman. And if we trust another entity over our money, then it would be the same as fiat currency.

Therefore, while the idea of Bitcoin deposits sounds good in the sense that you'll be able to multiply your capital in the future, it has its risks where you could easily lose control of your hard-earned Bitcoin simply because the bank would have the private key under its control. Maybe sometime in the future, we would experience a service where we control the private keys, while we earn interests from our Bitcoin deposits over time. But until that happens, it would be safe to just hold onto our Bitcoin and watch our profits grow as the price rises to the moon. Wink

nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:03:34 PM

I don't think that traditional banks will deal with bitcoin but we shall see other services that can offer some kind of deposits in bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:11:58 PM

Banks and bitcoins just can go the same ways in my opinion which is why I think this will be pretty impossible to happen. They have very opposite ideologies, they are like water and oil. Bitcoins push for decentralization and giving back the control to the people while banks pushes for full control and centralization. While there are lots of pros and cons on both banks and bitcoins, I just cannot see a future where both can become one or bitcoin being accepted by a bank(unless bitcoin users agrees to forget the main ideology of bitcoins).
anam17

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:20:54 PM

I think trending move of these generation is cryptocurrency and Btc  is the king of all, sure  in the few years to come, to remain relevant Banks will have to choice than to start offering Btc transaction which will include BTC deposits, saving, and lending  platform.
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:25:40 PM

This can also bring big losses to banks. Because if the exchange rate soars very much, then many banks can completely break off(.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: