Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:18:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6336 times)
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:55:20 AM

I believe that this is unlikely. Bitcoin was created so that we do not use the services of banks or any other intermediaries. We do not need it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinrunners001

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:01:44 AM

One of the main purposes of bitcoin is decentralization.Our transaction will be free from being tracked by these third party entities and provide privacy in our every transaction.Bitcoin users will use banks if ever they will offer bitcoin deposits and doesn't disregards its purpose by becoming centralized.The banks must do application or developing works and make digital wallets for them to gain even people investing in bitcoins.
franciscoDC

Activity: 357
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:26:46 AM

I think so,because here in my country our bank was looking for blockchan and also our national banks was looking to use bitcoin,so if theres country who will be the first for depositing bitcoin,i thinks this is my country.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬
Stromspirit

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:51:05 AM

yes if the bank wants to take big risks for him and no one can guarantee itself even the country does not. if it does happen maybe the bank is already cooperating in its investment and even has a very influential asset on Bitcoin itself which can be an agreement.
blizzard31

Activity: 112
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:55:43 AM

many digital currency fans are glad to scape the world of fiat, in any case, having the capacity to effectively change from utilizing fiat monetary standards to managing absolutely in cryptos will require some investment and a totally new keeping money infrastructure. well it relies upon the country yet If you're situated in a country that still treats cryptos with doubt then there's still a problem with banks that will accept bitcoin deposits.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:20:22 AM

Found something on Quora just with same title https://www.quora.com/What-banks-do-accept-bitcoin
arguelles84

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:24:17 PM

Perhaps the only, but significant enough minus investment crypto currency at interest - non-trading risks, such as the option of closing the stock exchange, as a result, the loss of all invested funds.
yatogami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

bvo.trybravo.com

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:30:27 PM

What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).

I don't think that would ever happen. Conventional banks are mortal enemies of cryptocurrencies because the latter can destroy the whole system of banking due to their obvious advantages.
So why should banks promote bitcoin??
More importantly, banks will be afraid of dealing with such a highly volatile asset as cryptocurrency - you never know when its exchange rate will fall below zero.

TheMeritedOne

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:32:40 PM

I think they will start doing b that when more and more people start using it.When a major bank n starts doing it others will FOMO in
ParveZ219

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:49:09 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
May be but i dont think we need bank deposits... already we are getting much better services if we are depositing Bitcoin in any other site or investing them for trade.
yvuj101

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:58:27 PM

I have read a news on this topic today. It's about some financial institutions working on crypto money investment in the US. I do not know the source of the news and the truth. But I think that in a very short period of time (within a few years), the banks will certainly be able to handle this. Otherwise it is not possible. There is an economic value in the middle. Bitcoin and some coins are already a big competitor to the banking sector. If the crypto money sector does not go to cooperate with the banks, we may not see the banking sector that we know today. Because many projects offer much more than banks promises, much simpler. All you need is internet and a PC.

If ever I have a bitcoin I wouldn't deposit to the banks best preferable is to keep secured in a hard desk wallet and wait for the price goes up and then sell.
Kimchu kuno

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:03:08 PM

I have read a news on this topic today. It's about some financial institutions working on crypto money investment in the US. I do not know the source of the news and the truth. But I think that in a very short period of time (within a few years), the banks will certainly be able to handle this. Otherwise it is not possible. There is an economic value in the middle. Bitcoin and some coins are already a big competitor to the banking sector. If the crypto money sector does not go to cooperate with the banks, we may not see the banking sector that we know today. Because many projects offer much more than banks promises, much simpler. All you need is internet and a PC.

Bitcoin currency and banks are different system opposite rules I may not deposited to the banks I don't want that someone manipulate my bitcoin.
SteveCrypto555

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:07:12 PM

In torronto i cant find bank to deposti usd and get btc.. so they maybe will.
saffira

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:38:20 PM

I  think so. As of now that the government recognize the cryptocurrency, it is possible that it will offer that deposit. Banks are somehow curious about crypto and if they accept deposit with btc, probably they will have more clients.
Sand King

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:54:44 PM

Banks will eventually do the same what Telecommunication companies are doing right now by providing internet services as there is no longer use of call and sms packages because of whatsapp and facebook. same will be the case with banks. if they are not gonna offer bitcoin deposits, they will ultimately do something to provide services related to bitcoins.

I've heard about banks here in mu country that accepts bitcoin deposits but I'm not really sure if its true. But if that's true it would be easier for bitcoin users her in my country and I believe someday it would happen worldwide in the future

Kildin11

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:57:00 PM

Every business finds a new way to earn more and more profits. Bitcoin and the bank are each other's competitors. It is possible, but it does not seem like the near future. If this happens, bitkoyn will bring huge changes in the economy. Although bitkoyn plays its role in the economy very actively.
20_JeRRy_20

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 02:08:09 PM

I doubt that the big banks will offer bitcoin deposits, but the small ones, I think , sometimes it is possible someday and will start. Wink
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:22:33 PM

Banks will eventually do the same what Telecommunication companies are doing right now by providing internet services as there is no longer use of call and sms packages because of whatsapp and facebook. same will be the case with banks. if they are not gonna offer bitcoin deposits, they will ultimately do something to provide services related to bitcoins.

I've heard about banks here in mu country that accepts bitcoin deposits but I'm not really sure if its true. But if that's true it would be easier for bitcoin users her in my country and I believe someday it would happen worldwide in the future

Not in the near future I think. Probably years from now but currently, banks seem to be hostile towards bitcoin since of course, it goes against what they're about. As we know, some banks even prohibit debit transactions with crypto. I mean why do they have any say in that right it's the people's money

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:40:37 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

Hi there shield132! I think they won't do that amazing things. Banks were pretty close minded in terms of currency deposit. There are even banks that do not accept foreign currency which is a legal and official money from another country. What more if it in terms of bitcoin. One of the key problem of bank in terms of different currency is the forex. They can't simply accept and sell particular currency especially if that is not popular. I have experience something like converting my fiat to another currency or depositing another currency to my bank account. They could simply denied your request and telling that they are currently no facilities to manage those.
Nicol3

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:43:40 PM

I think in the long run or eventually when banks will decide to join in on the bandwagon, they will give in and hopefully accept bitcoin deposits. But currently, I dont think there are banks that accept them yet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: