Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:43:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6336 times)
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 12:21:13 PM

Of course they will. It's a lot of money, they will not stay away. But I did not trust them and I will not trust them. I never took loans and did not hold deposits. Continuous scam. I saw how others in them lost still had to remain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:54:01 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

cryptocurrency is the most volatile thing that i ever see.
i dont think banks will accept deposit of bitcoin because its value can change anytime at huge difference.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:00:37 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
Isn't it one of the main purposes of bitcoin is decentralization? So our transaction will be free from being tracked by these third-party entities and provide privacy in our every transaction. If bitcoin users will use banks if ever they will offer bitcoin deposits, doesn't it disregards its purpose by becoming centralized?
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:26:41 PM

The current banking system most likely sees cryptocurrencies as their competition for several reasons which is why we have seen some negative comments from Jamie Dimon and other bank executives.

However, at some point, I think banks will have to adapt to cryptocurrencies and incorporate that into their regular banking activities if they want to survive.

I see this happening from the reverse direction with Coinbase. At first Coinbase only let you use you bank account to purchase Bitcoins. Now they are letting customers hold US dollars in their Coinbase accounts.
JoshyKulotski

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:18:32 PM

If ever Bitcoin will be Alternative Currency in the near future everybody specially businesses must adopt it wisely. Particularly Banks, as a banker or a business person you must be on trend and capable to keep pace on the trends. Banks may be have plans on how they can survive if people will choose to invest on bitcoin than their own bank.
As of my solution for them the banks must do application or developing works and make digital wallets for them to gain even people investing on Bitcoins.
mammon

Activity: 422
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:31:49 PM

I think (some) banks will accept crypto deposits in the future.

I know the dutch bank Rabobank is investigating a new prodcut called Rabobit.
If this goes live, you can deposit BTC\crypto by the Rabobank.
Not sure if that is something to like...

https://themerkle.com/what-is-rabobit/

Saiful Islam777

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:38:01 PM

I think there will be a willingness to deposits a bank crypto currency. Because the two centers center two. However, the crypto currency has the same effect. Bitcoin is a few options where it is possible to store your own currencies.
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:49:57 PM

Some financial organization already did it. The Tokyo-based digital currency exchange start offering bitcoin fixed-term deposit accounts to its users.
badakjawa

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 03:57:14 PM

I think, for today nobody wants to accept the risk of bitcoin, I analyze that FOMO higher than panicked sellers, so it requires a long process, even the majority of banks also refuse bitcoin, so how will banks offer to deposit?

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:09:29 PM

Of course they will. It's a lot of money, they will not stay away. But I did not trust them and I will not trust them. I never took loans and did not hold deposits. Continuous scam. I saw how others in them lost still had to remain.

Only few countries would allow if they decide to do it else I think rest of countries would not allow it as they still have not even decided yet whether they have to allow or ban the crypto currency thus making it more difficult for banks that can accept it.

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:22:30 PM

Banks can provide services for converting crypto currency, while having their interest from each such operation. However, banks are unlikely to accept crypto currency, for example, bitcoin for deposit storage. Banks will not risk, because it is very difficult to predict the bitcoin rate. They constantly warn citizens that investing in bitcoin is a very risky investment, so they will not take bitcoins in a deposit to pay interest on them, knowing about the high volatility of bitcoins.

laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:43:39 PM

Banks can provide services for converting crypto currency, while having their interest from each such operation. However, banks are unlikely to accept crypto currency, for example, bitcoin for deposit storage. Banks will not risk, because it is very difficult to predict the bitcoin rate. They constantly warn citizens that investing in bitcoin is a very risky investment, so they will not take bitcoins in a deposit to pay interest on them, knowing about the high volatility of bitcoins.
It's clear that banks or any company will never offer deposits with positive interest rate IN FIAT. For example you lend 1 bitcoin to bank at price $9300 and they will return $9800 after one year no matter what is the price of bitcoin after one year. This is simply too risky for them. But the real question is, are there any companies that offer deposits without conversion - so you lend them 1 bitcoin and receive 1.05 bitcoins after one year. Here the risk is not on their side but on your side. Maybe bitcoin will be worth only half the value after one year, but you will still get only 1.05 bitcoins. Where does the bank get those 0.05 BTC? They get it from people who take credit in bitcoins and return more bitcoins to the bank than they borrowed.
samantadegrenet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:46:13 PM

I think banks will do it in the future. If cryptocurrencies continue to spread banks will not be able to ignore this phenomenon and will agree to accept it for their own economic interest.
EinaiOraCoinDev

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:34:38 PM

they no choice if they avoid crypto they will be left behind if very person use  digital wallet so I think they making a move to find ways to collided with BTc and the fact that banks and  government can't stop the popularity of crypto.
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:37:40 PM

I could be wrong, but it really doesn't seem likely. I would think the banks would offer their own version of a cryptocurrency first before they use Bitcoin, but who knows? I think exchanges like Coinbase make it simple enough to trade fiat and crypto.

rickn

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:46:57 PM

Once banks finally realize that instead of fighting against crypto, they can join this innovative market and make big bucks, surrender to crypto trading, and allow their clients to carry out virtual currency transactions.
This will be a superb cryptos victory
bayu7adi

Activity: 1400
Merit: 544

paper money is going away

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 08:50:18 PM

it seems like it is not going to happen, because it does not want to take big risks
except for Ripple, for some reason, Ripple seems to have the support of all conventional banks in the world
but this is just a rumor, there is no certainty
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:56:01 PM

Do you even know why bitcoin is being preferred more than fiat currencies? Bitcoin is decentralized and fiat currencies are centralized. Once you put your bitcoins on bank, it no longer possess the decentralized characteristics. It becomes more like a centralized currency where you will lose full control of your coins. If you want to get fixed amount of profit per year from bank just stick with traditional currencies. Bitcoin and banks will never go together.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 09:47:59 PM

I do not think it will be possible because a bank has a financial manager whose bank finances and state assets are safe and show profits. he will not allow any loss in any amount. -1% is the beginning of danger to them. if they let their financial crypto get messy. and also trading stock market and crypto are very different. they already know that.
OSEIBOATENG

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 09:57:35 PM

I think due to bitcoins's decentralized nature they will never buy into the idea. This especially goes to the government banks. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: