Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:18:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6336 times)
Chicryptomama

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:30:16 PM

It sure will take time and an entirely new banking infrastructure. It also depends on the country. If you are based in a country that still treats cryptocurrencies with so much suspicion,then theres a possibility that that country may find it's adoption pretty difficult.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bohxz M4p4gm4h4l25

Activity: 339
Merit: 120

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:38:09 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
Maybe on the near future that event is possible to come because on the rise of the crytocurrency usage, the demand among the people rises and so many establishments are already adapting the usage of cryptocurrency in terms of payment purposes. For sure with that moment that the majority of the establishments are up into adapting the usage of cryptocurrency, maybe it will turn out that banks will be the last to do adaptation wherein they will offer Bitcoin services to suit the needs and the demands of its consumers.
iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:49:11 PM

I think it depends on each country, if in case the country supports the blockchain and cryptocurrency system that allows the sale of bitcoin they will offer bitcoin deposit even though it is risky because they are not afraid to offer it because it is supported by the government of the country, but if a countries that do not allow bitcoin, surely the bank will not allow it
Lorna111

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:52:26 PM

I have read a news on this topic today. It's about some financial institutions working on crypto money investment in the US. I do not know the source of the news and the truth. But I think that in a very short period of time (within a few years), the banks will certainly be able to handle this. Otherwise it is not possible. There is an economic value in the middle. Bitcoin and some coins are already a big competitor to the banking sector. If the crypto money sector does not go to cooperate with the banks, we may not see the banking sector that we know today. Because many projects offer much more than banks promises, much simpler. All you need is internet and a PC.

I think Bank will only accept Deposit on solid/physical currency investment, its a bit more complicated for a bank to accept Digital currency, often time, we encounters some imposed requirement from the bank like Solid Documents, with out such requirement complied, bank can always deny our supposed deposit. maybe time will come, if the issue on Regulation is resolved by the financial institution and together with the Banking institution, maybe it will be time that we can see banks opening their door for Bicoin deposit.
waqasanwar95

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:59:01 PM

its very hard to said that bank ever accept deposits through bitcoin but is should be happen chance was 50/50
Jaemouns

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:12:00 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
Actually I dont think so , because banks consider bitcoin a strong competetor . Bitcoin also is so risky than other currencies.
cutecute

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:56:46 AM

I think that will never be happened. Bank will never offer bitcoin deposits because we all know that there's a chance that bitcoin will make are bank disappear. Our good vernment hates bitcoin because bitcoin doesn't have tax and our bank is controlled by our government so it will not happened.
johnlhy253

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:10:27 AM

Every business needs to adapt to changes and challenges like this. Im pretty sure banks are already finding ways to join the bandwagon.they will surely profit from it. It would just be a matter of time until they accept bitcoin deposit and withdrawals.

Yeah, every business needs to adapt the changes for them to stay in business sector. Like here in our country, Philippines, there are a lot of business accepts bitcoin as payment.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:21:44 AM

Actually I dont think so , because banks consider bitcoin a strong competetor . Bitcoin also is so risky than other currencies.

Banks are not against crypto currencies but they are against the volatility issues of crypto currencies, We all know that Bitcoin and other forms of crypto currencies are decentralized and no one controls this and the price or value of crypto currencies can easily go sky high or fall into a cliff. This is one of the major reason why Banks won't accept Bitcoin or crypto currencies. Technology always have advantages and also disadvantages and that's part of innovation, even Bitcoin have this kind of disadvantage it still over takes it and more people are getting curious about this monetary innovation every year. The crypto currency community continues to grow and no one can stop this because this is the future! The Future of our monetary system. Cool
MoreMoneyHunt

Activity: 227
Merit: 1

IQCash

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:27:28 AM

Talking about two different bodies working on two different yet opposing principles. Bitcoin is decentralized while the banks are centralized. I don't know which will override the other if these bodies are to come together and work as one piece. In the event of the banks allowing Bitcoin fixed deposits means, the banks will have access to the transactions of individuals who have their Bitcoin with them (third party interruption).  

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Boknoyz

Activity: 358
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:28:28 AM

For me banks know for sure that Bitcoin offers much benefits and wish to tap this benefit if only they can gain access to control Bitcoin in their own way,all countries before we see banks offering bitcoin deposits and as long as bitcoin is not authorized in all countries in the world, I think banks never offer bitcoin despoit in their service, because if this happens I think bank is not kingdom regulations.
wuencds

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:30:18 AM

Deposits are not realistic.
Bitcoin holds its own operation and deposits it in the bank. If the price goes down and there is no timely operation, these losses will not be borne by the banks.
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:33:47 AM

Yep i think they have 2 ways or die or accept crypto in future times are changing and they cant do nothing with it as noone could do nothing with internet before.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

Crytptomeniac

Activity: 240

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:42:23 AM

It Remains to be seen what the banks will do about bitcoins, Banks and Bitcoins currently don't see eye to eye, as Bitcoins are largely cOnsidered as a threat to BTC. However as time goes buy and more people get to embrace cryptocurrency, i think a time shall reach when the banks will have to embrace Bitcoins so as to remain relevant to the market especially if most people decide to go the bitcoin way. Its currently seems impossible for the banks to even consider BTC deposits but they might just be forced to in the near future
boddy.dy

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:43:41 AM

If banks will allow people to deposit their bitcoin this will be a good decision for banks because surely they will have a lot of income. I had read some articles that say that some banks had already studied on how they can embrace the crypto currency world with their existing process. Well this is a top decision for both of them because we all know that there are always a positive outcome and negative outcome in every move we do. But hopefully the positive outcome will be more dominant that the negative outcome if the time comes. This will surely be another good benefits that bitcoin will achieve if this time will really come.
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:49:51 AM

In my own opinion, Banks and bitcoin is completely of different concepts. Hypothetically, if it happens i think there will be a big control in terms of bitcoin profits. We already know how banks is giving interest percentage it so minimal, a very small dividends only will proceeds to our interest. So most likely if it happens that banks accepts bitcoin deposits, maybe the bitcoin will be under the control of bank law by that time.
lonlonmarlon

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:55:44 AM

when banks offer bitcoin deposits more bitcoin users to be happy for this because more bitcoin users her bitcoin is be a safety to the banks and to other country accept a bitcoin in banks to deposit.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
wongdeso

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:09:07 AM

Will never! because it is already against the bitcoin system without intermediaries. After all the system in banks and bitcoins is very contradictory. Banks will adopt blockchain technology but not with the offer of bitcoin deposits.
u01p113

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:18:45 AM

Banks are of course trying to get in the Bitcoin and cryptocurrency, but I don't think that in the nearest future they will offer bitcoin deposits. Maybe in 5-10 years.
Ram krish

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:36:03 AM

If the banks accept bitcoin deposit they will get a good income from investors bitcoin.They will show how many bitcoin a persons have this will lead government will ask tax charges. But many banks are thinking to accept bitcoin deposits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: