Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:22:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will banks ever offer bitcoin deposits?  (Read 6336 times)
kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:27:45 PM

First of all I don’t think so that this will ever happen. Bitcoin being decentralized aims at eliminating intermediaries involved in financial transactions. This makes banks totally useless. Why would banks be so welcoming and friendly towards Bitcoin under these situations? Second, even if it accepts such deposits, it would not be very attractive. I mean I will not deposit my Bitcoins there as I can earn much from the market than a small, stable rate provided by banks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reagan_alvaro

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:32:35 PM

banks being partnered up with bitcoin would seem good on both sides since it will boost both services' popularity in people.  In bitcoin's case however, since it is a decentralized cryptocurrenvy and no one has a central hold of its power, the two can't make an agreement.

I do not think I will take advantage of this service but there is a chance that it will come and they will target the investors / bitcoin holders who do not really understand what bitcoin, be your own bank.
I like to deposit my fiat to the bank and they make money with it but if its bitcoin. They may attract these types of investors by saying that their bitcoin will be safe in their hands. We know how banks do well in making money.
AJINSP1997

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:40:35 PM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
This can be very, very profitable for banks if they make correct decisions.
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.
inklandss

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:46:49 PM

I think it's so risky
manny morgan

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:05:39 PM

I  believe with time they will, because it will benefit them too.
Arlibtchunt2018

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:36:06 PM

We won't disclose the possibility that this might happen. If the banks would embrace bitcoin deposits then I think would take time to discuss. Then if it would be accepted it would give alot of volume for BTC.

(((●   OPP OPEN WIFI   ●)))
●▬▬▬▬ JOIN THE LARGEST WIFI NETWORK IN THE WORLD ▬▬▬▬●
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:50:25 AM

We all know how risky bitcoin is. Let's imagine the most riskiest money deposit situation.
What do you think guys, will this moment ever come and banks decide to offer us Bitcoin deposits (e.g. fixed profit on 1 year deposit and etc).
P.S I don't mean freebitco.in's offer of holds on their wallet. I mean if official banks ever offer us this service.

You actually missed that moment mate. A few banks of Switzerland have already done this. They accept bitcoin, ethereum, bitcoin cash. They offer their clients a storage and some profits, the same conditions that applies to fiat money.
borngreat080

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:02:56 AM

I don't think banks can offer bitcoin deposit due to the fact that bitcoin is volatile and doesn't have a fixed price always goes up and down.
bp124

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 05:47:24 AM

I don't think so. We are all aware how both the govenrments and their central banks are at the tails of the crypto community to shut it down how then will they decide to accept bitcoin deposits. More to the point the value of bitcoin will be fluctuating almost every time due to its volatility and i am sure the bank would not want to work with such currencies.

HeartDesire

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:03:32 AM

Yes,  it's very possible with time banks will not accept bitcoin deposit they will soon come up with their own coin.  Some banks already have their own coin which you can only use to buy airtime. Bitcoin is still in a process growing by the time it attain it's vision  the banks wouldn't have option than to begin to accept it coz many will longer spend the fiat money again.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:14:28 AM

I think it is a good idea to have banks collect bitcoins for us not only for just the investment but also for the security of our bitcoins in case we die. At least we can make an agreement with the bank to have our bitcoins be given to our immediate family members to be sold for fiat.

Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:19:41 AM

I think it is a good idea to have banks collect bitcoins for us not only for just the investment but also for the security of our bitcoins in case we die. At least we can make an agreement with the bank to have our bitcoins be given to our immediate family members to be sold for fiat.
Well, that's a good idea. But, banks won't keep the promises and if such a scenario exist automatically bitcoin will be considered similar to the traditional banking system. Maybe a separate platform similar to banks can be used in this regard for getting bitcoin deposits and for other transaction necessities.

J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:20:29 AM

Bitcoin is the risker way to earn money we knew that if wecdon't risk then how we can earn money from it.. i really love when our bank here in my country accept withdrawal thru bitcoin wallet , although they already fixing up something new or they creating wallet than can be easily withdraw or deposit to become fiat.

Y U MAD AT ME
sashi44

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:21:33 AM

are there any countries that seems to be more inclined to this idea at this time? i just feel like now the hype has died down a bit that there's less fud but also less rumors.
pprun

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:24:05 AM

That will be a new steppingstone of bitcoin and banks partnership. The centralized and decentralized realization is a good time for renovation to innovation movement from one old place to another new place of domination.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:37:58 AM

for now in my country it is unlikely that it happened because the government has not legalized as the currency in effect even the government banned bitcoin for transactions directly as payment, but maybe in other countries it could happen

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
barcelona 94

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:45:57 AM

Of course they will. It's a lot of money, they will not stay away.If bitcoin users will use banks if ever they will offer bitcoin deposits, doesn't it disregards its purpose by becoming centralized
VocoToken

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:50:11 AM

I heard few banks already started offering such services
signup01

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:12:49 AM

the bank offers deposits for bitcoin I think it's very good and the development is very advanced rapidly but bitcoin in my country is still prohibited for sale and purchase transactions directly
demonist

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:23:55 AM

I think that The traditional banking is filled with rules and regulations that most citizens are not comfortable with and that has lead to the massive usage of bitcoin and the banks are beginning to loose out on customers. 
Banks can to incoorperate the use of bitcoins in their banking activities in order for them to still remain in business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: