Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:19:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SBC] From Death Comes Life – The Rebirth of StableCoin - URGENT UPDATE  (Read 198631 times)
Slimnuts

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:22:07 AM

I think I like option 2 but I think option 1 with no "horns" is safer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slimnuts

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:31:23 AM

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I frequent lots of "alternative news" sites (which would probably be a target market)and there is a large segment of those communities which seem to be strongly of the christian persuasion and they may view a red coin with "horns" as related to the "mark of the beast" idea that gets tossed around in those sort of communities.

Like I said maybe I'm just paranoid and no one would see it that way. Honestly I personally think #2 looks way better and more professional but #1 is the super safe option.

I think maybe it being red is probably good among the chinese community as well. Thats indicates good fortune does it not?
Sulaco

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:38:21 AM

I really hate Cryptsy so much, they are SO slow. I saw the small 'crash' coming, deposited some Bitcoins to trade for SBC and it's been 1 hour and nothing has shown in my account, and the price will shoot back up very soon. Cryptsy is no good for trading, they need much faster servers.

Anyway, how do you guys feel about SBC? Where do you think it will go? I have a feeling if the Chinese get hold of it then it may go quite high, however as far as I am aware no shops currently accept it, which is a huge hindrance and it may end in a pump, dump and crash... I hope it doesn't though, I look forward to actually spending them as a consumer if I can.

As we speak, SBC'S being acquired by us Chinese for hours already, Chris.

http://anwenbi.com

My word! Brace yourself guys! Let the Chinese take it Cheesy, I'd love to work with them on this coin Smiley.

Is SBC available on any of the Chinese exchanges? I don't see it on any of the top Chinese exchanges (not on btcchina, okcoin, fxbtc, bter or huobi).

And your link "http://anwenbi.com" is just the SBC webpage in Chinese; any coin could make a nice web-page in Chinese, that doesn't mean the Chinese are going to get on board.

So then where is the big push from China? Ar you telling me they're buying on Cryptsy? Or is all this talk of China going into SBC just hype and hope?
Chris180Z

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:40:37 AM

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I frequent lots of "alternative news" sites (which would probably be a target market)and there is a large segment of those communities which seem to be strongly of the christian persuasion and they may view a red coin with "horns" as related to the "mark of the beast" idea that gets tossed around in those sort of communities.

Like I said maybe I'm just paranoid and no one would see it that way. Honestly I personally think #2 looks way better and more professional but #1 is the super safe option.

I think maybe it being red is probably good among the chinese community as well. Thats indicates good fortune does it not?

What are we, living in the dark ages? Who cares what religious wackos think. If they are stupid enough to think a coin can be 'the devil' then it's unlikely they even know what virtual currency even is, they probably think the internet was created by satan as a device to waste away peoples lives by watching Youtube videos and such :p. Are we going to cater for religious nut jobs or are we going to keep out heads down, stay focuses and pick the design that genuinely looks the best and gives the most unique feel without it being 'too complex'?
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Bayern

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:42:04 AM

I really hate Cryptsy so much, they are SO slow. I saw the small 'crash' coming, deposited some Bitcoins to trade for SBC and it's been 1 hour and nothing has shown in my account, and the price will shoot back up very soon. Cryptsy is no good for trading, they need much faster servers.

Anyway, how do you guys feel about SBC? Where do you think it will go? I have a feeling if the Chinese get hold of it then it may go quite high, however as far as I am aware no shops currently accept it, which is a huge hindrance and it may end in a pump, dump and crash... I hope it doesn't though, I look forward to actually spending them as a consumer if I can.

My word! Brace yourself guys! Let the Chinese take it Cheesy, I'd love to work with them on this coin Smiley.

Is SBC available on any of the Chinese exchanges? I don't see it on any of the top Chinese exchanges (not on btcchina, okcoin, fxbtc, bter or huobi).

And your link "http://anwenbi.com" is just the SBC webpage in Chinese; any coin could make a nice web-page in Chinese, that doesn't mean the Chinese are going to get on board.

So then where is the big push from China? Ar you telling me they're buying on Cryptsy? Or is all this talk of China going into SBC just hype and hope?

I know that Artos has some connections in Hong Kong apparently. Ive read that many Chinese are buying SBC on Cryptsy
artos (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

http://stablecoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:45:13 AM

Looks like #2 is the winner. Rolling out the new logo now.

StableCoin Development Fund: shQpTvLDsgCURkfqyBuCjL79aqYwti2FEJ
StableCoin Forums: http://forums.stablecoin.net
rofus

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:47:53 AM

I cannot use anymore SBC on Mac...downloaded again and again, I had my wallet, waiting for some coins to arrive from recent mining, it was working today and now since two hours it says Out Of Sync and that I (or other noders) has to upgrade.

I already downloaded the latest version...what should I do? Others like Litecoin, Anoncoin, Quarkcoin etc. work without problems on the same Mac, while StableCoin produces that error (in the bottom bar) as soon as it's started. Looking at the Debug window it says 0 blocks, 6 connections, what should I do?

EDIT: I deleted the cache of the blockchain and now is syncing again.

PS: I liked more the old logo, more professional I think  Tongue
Slimnuts

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:48:20 AM

What are we, living in the dark ages? Who cares what religious wackos think. If they are stupid enough to think a coin can be 'the devil' then it's unlikely they even know what virtual currency even is, they probably think the internet was created by satan as a device to waste away peoples lives by watching Youtube videos and such :p. Are we going to cater for religious nut jobs or are we going to keep out heads down, stay focuses and pick the design that genuinely looks the best and gives the most unique feel without it being 'too complex'?

Good point, I'm probably overly paranoid about what a small segment of people would think. You're right.
artos (OP)

http://stablecoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:54:59 AM

PS: I liked more the old logo, more professional I think  Tongue
It had a lot of jagged edges. I'm not a graphics designer. Embarrassed

StableCoin Development Fund: shQpTvLDsgCURkfqyBuCjL79aqYwti2FEJ
StableCoin Forums: http://forums.stablecoin.net
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:56:14 AM

I know that Artos has some connections in Hong Kong apparently. Ive read that many Chinese are buying SBC on Cryptsy
Yes, refer to this post he made

Onward to other matters - the support we've been receiving from the Chinese community has been astounding. You might be surprised to learn that the Chinese section of these forums is actually one of the biggest areas for bitcoin related discussion. The Chinese cryptocurrency community is very fragmented. A lot of discussion about bitcoin/altcoins takes place in rather obscure places and over chat programs. In light of this, we have many individuals spreading the word about StableCoin throughout these areas - an approach no other coin has even bothered to try, because they are so out of touch with the Chinese community. The results speak for themselves. We will be applying this same approach as we expand into other areas as well.

Thank you all for the support and kind words.

WillBit

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:58:17 AM

Yes!! Good thing I kept my 3k stable coins from august:D
Good thing that I bought over 100k when it was revived.  Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ4vKm3Z5eY
Sulaco

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:59:10 AM

Anyone who holds or is thinking of buying SBC will care what the "religious wackos" think if/when SBC starts getting dumped becuase of poor choice of logo. Horns is definitely not a good idea; people might associate it with devil, and the "S" with Satan, and red with the devil.  This will deter 2 kinds of people from SBC:
1. Christian / religious types.
2. Non- religous types, don't give a damn about the horns per se, but even they might be worried that the horns will scare off the religious types and therefore limit the appeal of the coin.
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:00:38 AM

Anyone who holds or is thinking of buying SBC will care what the "religious wackos" think if/when SBC starts getting dumped becuase of poor choice of logo. Horns is definitely not a good idea; people might associate it with devil, and the "S" with Satan, and red with the devil.  This will deter 2 kinds of people from SBC:
2. Non- religous types, don't give a damn about the horns per se, but even they might be worried that the horns will scare off the religious types and therefore limit the appeal of the coin.
The only person around here nutty enough to make that association would be Luke Jr.

Sulaco

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:07:05 AM

I hope so!  Would like to see it on the Chinese exchanges too soon/eventually!
Sulaco

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:13:21 AM

The only person around here nutty enough to make that association would be Luke Jr.

Hi Hazard,

Not sure where you are from, but I think anyone from a western country (such as USA.... maybe not Chinese) would instantly make an association with the devil/Satn from a red S with horns.  If you're not sure, go ask 10 people from the USA if they have ever seen any image of a red devil with horns. 

I think the possible negatives of the horns outweigh any possible benefits. The logo won't by itself make SBC a success but it could by itself prevent or limit SBC's success.  Why risk possibly alienating potential buyers for very little in return (an arguably better looking design)?
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:18:07 AM

Fundamental christians comparing the logo to the mark of the beast could actually be great publicity.

Where are you Luke Jr? This is begging for your input.

Really though, I think you're exaggerating things just a little.

Lisinopril

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:25:09 AM

You'll have to forgive the newb question, but I was trying to get this to work and ran into some difficulty (pool mining).

I was the GUIminer scrypt version which I've used for litecoin forever, and can't seem to get it to work with this pool: http://www.coin-base.org/stablecoin/

I think I'm putting in the wrong host name, if anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.

I have two ASICs mining bitcoins, so liked this software as it let me just use my video card without interferring with that setup.

Might send some newly mined dollah dollah billz if can get it to work Smiley

Thanks

Here is my setup, I use coin-base myself and find it easy to use and reliable:

http://s11.postimg.org/41zfd4fk3/123.png

Obviously all the other settings are GPU specific (concurrency, vectors, threads, work size and intensity) so just pick what is good for your GPU. Here is the list - https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison

If it helps and you are feeling generous then my SBC address is - sQtB6ovzEcSsTqzfZjnpxfP8yMSYjmGrsJ Smiley

Hope it helps?

Got it working, once I get some coins, some will be sent your way Smiley
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:29:18 AM

Hi Hazard,

Not sure where you are from, but I think anyone from a western country (such as USA.... maybe not Chinese) would instantly make an association with the devil/Satn from a red S with horns.  If you're not sure, go ask 10 people from the USA if they have ever seen any image of a red devil with horns. 

I think the possible negatives of the horns outweigh any possible benefits. The logo won't by itself make SBC a success but it could by itself prevent or limit SBC's success.  Why risk possibly alienating potential buyers for very little in return (an arguably better looking design)?

Don't know where you're from, but I am an American Christian-quite devout, actually-and I made no such association.  I do prefer the one without horns, but the only "Christians" that will be put off by the appearance of horns and a red "S" are the same ones who see Satan in modern culture in general.  They are a fringe element and not exemplary of the average Christian--We're talking Pentecostals or some of the charismatic churches.

Still, as I said, I do prefer the one that isn't so horny . . . LOL!
Sulaco

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:37:36 AM

Hi Hazard,

Don't know where you're from, but I am an American Christian-quite devout, actually-and I made no such association.  I do prefer the one without horns, but the only "Christians" that will be put off by the appearance of horns and a red "S" are the same ones who see Satan in modern culture in general.  They are a fringe element and not exemplary of the average Christian--We're talking Pentecostals or some of the charismatic churches.

Still, as I said, I do prefer the one that isn't so horny . . . LOL!

Hi Cats,

I'm also from the US. Haven't lived there in many years though. Well, I'm surprised you did not make the Satan association from a big red S with horns.  I would have thought 10 out of 10 Americans would have, but looks like you proved me wrong!  Maybe it needs a pitchfork and flames too! Guess I'm out of touch.

Well, I'll be locking in profits on SBC if the horn logo is chosen (but would still hold some SBC)... so if it is horns, good luck with that!
zavtra

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:43:18 AM

Hi everyone, I wanted to make a comment about the logos. I was in class while the voting was taking place but I feel my opinion needs to be put in anyway.

One of the major selling points of this coin is that it is meant to be "stable" even though the other cryptos are so volatile.

I think it is important to stay true to this theme. While the logo with the spikes or "horns" look more fancy and flashy, I think that is the exact problem with it - flashy things always get stale quickly. It looks cool and edgy now, but overtime it will be looked at as lame and the spikes seen as pointless.

The one without the spikes actually helps sell the theme of "stability", because the design is timeless. If it has to have something sticking out, why not maybe try something similarly shaped to one of the sticks that stick out of a dollar sign, or bitcoin symbol?

Cryptedge - The world's first operational Altcoin-hedgefund
www.cryptedge.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: