Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 152 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Economic Devastation  (Read 504742 times)
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 10:05:22 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 04:40:06 AM by TPTB_need_war

CoinCube,

You are misapplying an evolutionary theory (which is not applicable to real evolution, i.e. it is junk science!) to political-macro-economics. Also you have another one of your characteristic, fatal ontological, taxonomy errors wherein you equate noisy mutation with an increase in entropy (a.k.a. information). This noisy mutation isn't even internal entropy, because there is no such closed system defined (which is why my point about inability to measure is the most crucial and relevant point to be made!). These continued low IQ errors don't impress me.

The evolutionary theory is roughly that mutation above a certain rate—the Error threshold—is holistically noisy (because the feedback loop of survival-of-the-fittest in the environment can't speedup due to the fixed lifespan of the species) thus causing the entropy (a.k.a. information content) in the genome to be destroyed (i.e. overwritten with noise).

You and I have both lamented in our common understanding that in top-down, collectivized political-economic collapse unfortunately there is no feedback loop that adjusts the trajectory of the system based on performance in the environment. Instead of a meritocracy, the Petri dish (from my Understand Everything essay you linked in the opening post) incentives are aligned such that participants act selfishly to maximize the destruction of entropy of the collective political-economy system. Iron Law of Political Economics also explains these incentives.

There is no sudden burst or increase in entropy in top-down, collectivized political-economic collapse.

Dude you are so far off the map, it isn't even excusable nor tolerable anymore. Damn it. Put on your thinking cap please.

Your arguments against mutation, fitness, and efficiency simplify into “we cannot accurately measure it therefore we cannot define so it must not exist” The only true aspect of this argument is your comments that these are difficultimpossible a priori to measure.

The relevance of the inability to measure is it is thus impossible to determine which mutations are noise and which are information a priori.

This is why I have written numerous times that "simulated annealing" is the only known algorithm for optimization of dynamic change where the metrics can't be known a priori and where the metrics are always changing and relativistic. Also there are a plurality of local optimizations not just one. And those can't ever be identified.

"I leave yellow ribbons symbols to the symbol-minded... Nobody knows what time it is."— George Carlin

Your argument leads to the logical conclusion that we can never truly know the exact error threshold of society and should therefore error on the side of caution.

The other saliency is that since we can't measure evolution before it happens, and since we know that top-down meddling always destroys entropy, then the most cautious action is to promote the free market as much possible and work against top-down meddling.

"...so self-important. Leave nature alone. I am getting tired of that shit. Tired of that shit..."— George Carlin in Saving the Planet

Anonymint I will try but I suspect the attempt will be futile. You have a blind spot. It is subtle yet ingrained into your personality type. It distorts your worldview and despite your formidable reasoning skills drives you to error.

ENFP personality types are prone to be highly emotional. They often devolve into counter-productive emotional outbursts when criticized or in conflict. They are logical but as a group tend to disregard logic when it conflicts with their core principles.

Next time you convince yourself that you don't need to think deeper because you think I have not and am being emotional, my strong advice to you is don't make that error in your judgment again.

My admonishments are deserved by the recipients. Characterizing these as "outbursts" is analogous to being critical of a teacher who is attempting to maintain order in the classroom when the students aren't paying attention and instead are throwing spit balls.

If we don't get some movement towards rational thinking, then we are just wasting our (my!) time here.

...tend to disregard logic when it conflicts with their core principles. Your myopia appears interwoven into principle and I suspect it may not be possible for you to correct it.

Pot calling the kettle black.

That is precisely what you did.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:14:54 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 04:57:04 PM by TPTB_need_war

CoinCube,

My points are irrefutable. Thus is now time for you to stop being disingenuous and admit I have rationally destroyed the basis you were using to a support your Marxist philosophy.

You wrote it took you some week or weeks to fully digest and appreciate my essays which you linked from the opening post of this thread.

Perhaps you need to take some time to really comprehend what I am saying about the lack of measurement meaning there is no internal entropy in your attempt to equate an increase in experimentation (or degrees-of-freedom because in the political-economy or real-world evolution we can't define a metric for distinguishing between experimentation and baseline, status quo) with an increase in entropy. Degrees-of-freedom doesn't carry any information about probabilistic outcome. Looking at another way, the asymmetry is that top-down meddling decreases Antifragility and is always worse. You have to understand that decentralized experimentation is extremely resilient and can not spiral into total destruction of information. If you show me you are putting on your thinking cap and being more open minded to reason, then I will explain to you analytically why this is the case. It has to do with the fact that spread of local experimentation encounters friction when propagating to global change (e.g. individual taste and circumstance is a friction), i.e. local degrees-of-freedom don't convey probabilistic global information; whereas, the incentives in top-down, collectivized control is self-reinforcing to 100% global coverage, i.e. the friction reduces over time. Moveover it is because the universe has no external vantage point and everything is relative, thus there is no way to define the distinction between information and noise on the whole.

In the evolutionary error threshold theory thought-experiment (not real world, and really just masturbation junk science), the hypothetical (not real world) mutation rate is ramped up from centralized, top-down control. In the free market, no one can say whether the information is being created or destroyed because there is no absolute point to measure from. There is a plurality of perspectives that exist simultaneously in nature (did a tree fall in the forest if I never knew it?) and one perspective's information is another perspective's noise. Nature just is. It is what is. The result you get is what you get. If some species goes extinct, accept it (e.g. as George Carlin says, "perhaps the Earth just need the human race only to invent plastic, then it is done with us").

You've built a FUD strawman because you don't like to trust the free market. This is a typical Marxist delusion. Hopefully you can overcome it if you realize that you have no more technical foundation to stand on with that Frankenstein philosophy. That humans can't grasp this math and logic above and thus repetitively organize themselves into collective death marches is hideous.

l3552

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:29:29 AM

To understand the delusion being fought here there are basic principles of it to be followed.

First, the effects of any bonds in ones life are a priori impossible to measure so it should not exist. No parties, no firms, no local states, no countries... following this basic there is also no family nor neighborhood nor associations. Too risky!

Second, every agent is skill capped, or should be. It knows what is better for him in every single sector, everytime, even when the choice isn't his. Slaves? Deal with it. Kids? Not my problem. Elderly? They better die faster because humans lives too much and entropy HUNGERS.

Third, none need to be accountable. Didn't get? This is how basic house repairs works out:

You call the "plumberline" number and a random plumber answer the phone:
_ Hi ... _ you wait for a name but got none _ call me gonzo123.
_ Well, hi gonzo123. I have a problem on my pipes whats your references?
_ My experience, reputation or certifications are confidential info, pal _ after grasping the idea that until now you know nothing of this man you continue.
_ Err.. but can you handle this to me by friday on this address?
_ Sure.

A white male appears while you are working destroys everything and by the time you get back home he is gone. Better, he already changed his height, color and gender. You want to call the police, but there is no force monopoly... so you call the "dudeline":
_ Hi....

Serious?! Is this the bottom line? Don't you fucking see that there is no strawman here but the shade your traumas do over your mind?

These principles are so sick. So freak. For Christ Sake I am really out now.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:53:55 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 05:02:58 PM by TPTB_need_war

l3552,

Voluntary local perspectives and priorities are maximized by the paradigm I am teaching.

You seem to be unable to comprehend the holistic impacts of coercing perennial, non-voluntary reputation.

You and CoinCube seem to be unable to understand the high IQ conceptualization of the holistic versus the local order, and the fact that the holistic order is untouchable, unmeasurable, and in fact does not exist because there is no absolute frame of reference (i.e. there is no external observer of the universe).

I am sorry but I can't conduct a Richard Feynman level of discussion with an untrained neophyte. My conceptualization is flying right over your head.

Your misconceptualizations, mischaracterizations, and conflations are Dunning-Kruger and I can't possibly help you.

I am sorry if you don't like the reality of nature. Nature is brutally honest (some might even say "random") about what is economic and fit.

If you are truly empathetic to the elderly, then you wouldn't be pitching coercive perennial, non-voluntary reputation which results as follows. Even sane societies have bankruptcy protection where one can reset their reputation and start over. I realize you are too dumb to understand that you are promoting a death march paradigm. You of course are deluded by your ignorance into believing you are promoting love and compassion, but in fact you are promoting megadeath. Sigh.  Roll Eyes  Cry

_ My experience, reputation or certifications are confidential info, pal _ after grasping the idea that until now you know nothing of this man you continue.

You conflated the free market demand for reputation with coercive perennial, non-voluntary reputation.

Plumbers can create pseudonym and selectively sign block chain transactions for reputation they want to reveal to the free market.

Voluntary demand driven, not top-down coercive megadeath.

Fuck I am tired of spoon feeding idiots who can't think and come here making nonsense posts!

keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:25:22 AM

Are you on Lithium?

My current best-effort mix:  Curcumin, allicin, MCTs, cocoa flavinoids, ECGC, lithium orotate, D-3, C, B-complex, omega-3 complex, phosphatidyl-choline, bacopa, ashwaghanda, piracetam, calcium, magnesium, amphetamine, soluble and insoluble fiber.

Quality of life is enhanced by a stable regime of supplementation - stability and adequate coverage being essentially impossible by means of mere dietary selection.  Anyone who does not work outdoors with exposed skin surface on a daily basis is well advised to supplement D-3, and the value of trace lithium in the diet is much neglected.

Filtering the bad information is a painful task.  Food & nutrition is comparable to crypto in its scaminess, and the area is ridden with ideologically/commercially driven "science".

How much lithium orotate do you take per day? I take 5mg once per week but I'd rather get 1mg once per day. Piracetam, D3, and amphetamine doses? I titrate D3 based on 25(OH)D test results to account for climate changes... just back from 6 months in Asia and it has snowed in NJ today. Sad Amphetamine could be replaced with amineptine but it is less readily available. Wink

Just so everyone knows, lithium is neuroprotective in small doses. It has a bad rap for kidney toxicity and a number of other things but doses in the 500-1000 microgram range are likely beneficial in a number of ways.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:01:48 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 12:26:34 PM by CoinCube

CoinCube,

My points are irrefutable.

I do not believe they are. However, to go further we will need to take this discussion to a more technical level and clarify some terms.

Please provide your definition of entropy.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:24:56 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 02:58:21 PM by CoinCube

How much lithium orotate do you take per day? I take 5mg once per week but I'd rather get 1mg once per day. Piracetam, D3, and amphetamine doses? I titrate D3 based on 25(OH)D test results to account for climate changes... just back from 6 months in Asia and it has snowed in NJ today. Sad Amphetamine could be replaced with amineptine but it is less readily available. Wink

Just so everyone knows, lithium is neuroprotective in small doses. It has a bad rap for kidney toxicity and a number of other things but doses in the 500-1000 microgram range are likely beneficial in a number of ways.

Lithium is also used to treat bipolar disorder but at higher doses around 1800mg per day.
Its bad reputation at high doses is well deserved. Small amounts are probably needed. Its mechanism of action is not well understood.

Amphetamine is a potent CNS stimulant. Like all stimulants it can transiently improve attention and alertness and is used to treat conditions such as narcolepsy. Recreational use of any CNS stimulants including the more potent cousin drug methamphetamine "crystal meth" (which is metabolized into  amphetamine in the body) has substantial potential downsides.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:01:01 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 05:19:05 PM by TPTB_need_war

Lithium is also used to treat bipolar disorder but at higher doses around 1800mg per day.
It bad reputation at high doses is well deserved. Small amounts are probably needed. Its mechanism of action is not well understood.

I had wanted to comment on that I don't feel comfortable with people recommending Lithium, but I held back because I don't know much about it. But it does concern me. I was so cautious that I avoided the high dose vitamin D3 cure for my Multiple Sclerosis for 3 years, even I had tested the regimen in Sept 2012 and put M.S. symptoms into ≈100% remission within a week. Apparently my MS was much less severe then. I got cautious because of experts warning me about potential permanent liver and kidney (renal) damage.

The regimen is working for me now but it is not an instant remission as before. This could be exacerbated by me basically pushing myself to complete exhaustion every day (I mean 18 hours nonstop programming to the point where I am falling asleep and fighting my sleep with my eyes open).

I have a lot of soreness if I touch my skull. Also I feel my (especially the back of my, and I have egg shaped, alien-like back of) head not really aching but sensations that I are more like pressure or something moving around inside. Btw, my head is very large in the back and tapers narrow in forehead. This is hidden by my full head of hair. I mention this because I think my analytical skills are (IQ is) more in terms of being a philosopher (IQ tests say very high in Mathematical Visualization) and not a great computician or pattern matching brain such as rpietila (which is typically what IQ tests measure which is why I believe some IQ tests fail to capture my strengths). I mention this because I want to explain that I think people have different strengths and they need to recognize their weaknesses and leverage those who are stronger where they are weak. And this ties into my frustration in this thread as I will explain below.

I think the reason I am a good programmer is because I can hold a map in my head to all the complex relationships relating the concepts of the program.

Also I have very very strong logic skills because I can "see" conceptual relationships.

Note if i am exhausted of course I am more likely to commit an error in reasoning.

Amphetamine is a potent CNS stimulant. Like all stimulants it can transiently improve attention and alertness and is used to treat conditions such as narcolepsy. Recreational use of any CNS stimulants including the more potent cousin drug methamphetamine "crystal meth" (which is metabolized into  amphetamine in the body) has substantial potential downsides.

Thanks for backing up what I wrote earlier about this. That is my personal experience with them too.

What works better for me is aggressive exercise. I mean raising the heartbeart to 160+ and pushing myself to my limits. This releases HGH and other numerous positive benefits. There are no shortcuts with supplements that will give the same benefits. I understand that most people loathe intense exercise. I crave it. So I am blessed that way. I really love the God (serendipitous universe) who gave me my attributes. I love myself. Narcissistic? Maybe so, but not in terms of dwelling on it. Just in terms of being thankful  and in balance with myself.

It seems that TPTB_n_w agenda is to drive away everyone with an ego.

Well, I don't know why that is so important.

When I first called Jason Hommel in 2006 to introduce myself, he asked me, "What is your goal?". I think he was trying to determine if I wanted to be rich. I replied, "I want to find the truth".

What bothers me is I struggling to work 18 hours a day to dig myself out of a terrible financial hole, a terrible Multiple Sclerosis hole, and terrible global collapse hole coming. And I am trying my best to discuss and convey truth.

Ego (and also Dunning-Kruger ignorance where the well-intentioned dolt doesn't respect his weaknesses and strengths) is noise that further burdens my very scarce availability.

I am also not offended so probably my problem is not that big.
But if I tried to contribute to the thread with my limited understanding, and got such slander in return, I might get discouraged.

If someone is offended when it is pointed out that they are not respecting their strengths and weaknesses, then it means they are not honest with themselves.

Personal dishonesty is the bane of successful and productive life.

Coinits' animosity started to build inside of himself over a period of weeks where I was correcting or disagreeing with him on numerous points. For example where I told him that ZeroHedge is an adrenalin addiction provider for males. And in the "one world reserve currency" thread he was asserting that I have no clue about what is really going on behind the curtain and I told him he was preaching to the choir, because for example I wrote Bitcoin : The Digital Kill Switch back in 2013 when you first drew me into this community.

He let his ego and emotions get in the way of our rational discussion. Coinits finally exploded when I started to really admonish l3552, CoinCube, and thaaanos recently. Sorry I am just speaking what I rationally understand to be the facts and the truth.

I am not even trying, I am not that intelligent.
Yet I am pretty intelligent.

You are very intelligent. Your IQ appears to be more focused in the pattern matching and computational realm than mine. Remember you trounce me in any games about computing chance (probabilities) in real-time. My brain doesn't work that fast on that. My brain is average at sequential processing of information, e.g. I sucked at that game that required me to memorize sequential tones and repeat them. I loathe taking the time writing out sequentially what my brain sees in a visual map. It is so slow and excruciatingly tedious for me. The fun stuff for me is all inside my brain. My brain is moving so fast internally but I can't possible type it all out.

My IQ is very focused in conceptual relationships. I can abstract concepts to their generative essence almost without thinking. It is just like I see the map instantly.

My I/O engine is particularly handicapped now by the M.S.. It reduces the energy and focus to process sequential details such as written text.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:32:22 PM

CoinCube,

My points are irrefutable.

I do not believe they are. However, to go further we will need to take this discussion to a more technical level and clarify some terms.

Please provide your definition of entropy.

On the drive from my new rental house (the 4 bedroom, inverter-type aircons, fully furnished, Western-quality for $350 per month I recently rented)—where I just recently got a landline DSL connection installed (but no aircon in the office room yet)—to my chicken cot house (the 2 bedroom, no floor tiles, no hot water, low-life abode for $73 monthly that I been hunkered down in since Nov. 2013) which is already fully setup with window type aircon, my multiple computers,  and DSL connection, I contemplated that I need to write a new well composed essay on my blog dealing with how to distinguish junk science from real science. It is really simple actually. The generative essence is that if the theory can't be measured and verified extensively in the real world, then it is just junk science theoretical nonsense from cathedral academics who want a Technocracy where they can top-down micromismanage nature. But that needs to be expounded upon in a detailed and convincing manner.

That future essay will trounce all your misunderstandings which you now hold as objections.

I am extremely overworked right now trying to launch a website that is in some respects equivalent to a Facebook. Imagine programmed by one man, not a team.

I need relaxation time to compose high quality English prose and to organize my presentation of concepts such that the epiphany light bulb will turn on for readers, as it did for you when you read my seminal essays which you linked from the opening post of this thread.

I wrote some of those seminal essays (at least the ones of my blog) when I had a relaxed environment in 2012 living in the mountain at 1000 meters elevation near to Mt. Apo— the tallest peak in the Philippines. I think perhaps the ones you linked from the opening post were written in 2010 or 2011 before the downward spiral into the Multiple Sclerosis accelerated.

So, I need to put this discussion on hold (pause) for now.

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:50:32 PM

I need to put this discussion on hold (pause) for now.

Its a complex an interesting debate and one I believe I can win if we dive deeply enough into the technicals.
However, I understand better then most the problem of not having enough time. I also see this debate as growing more time consuming and technical going forward not less.

I accept the offer of temporary ceasefire  Wink

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:03:34 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 05:45:51 PM by TPTB_need_war

OROBTC,

You mentioned upthread you dabble a bit in SQL. Here follows some PHP code from my new venture, wherein I am setting up a MySQL query. I will share with you a trick that not everyone knows, on how to select the record that corresponds to the MAX() or MIN() result of a GROUP BY clause. I also used this trick in my Scala code employing SQLite for my yet unreleased Android app also (another few 1000s of LOC).

I am also sharing this snippet to address those who doubt whether I am a talented and accomplished programmer. I realize it may not satisfy Coinits but that his problem, not mine.

The following code selects for the signed-in user (User::userId()) the most recent sent message for each conversation (i.e. each recipient ToUserId).

Code:
	case 'sent':
// http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1313120/retrieving-the-last-record-in-each-group#1313140
$sql .=
", FirstName, Visibility, PhotoFile \n" .
"FROM msg \n" .
"INNER JOIN ( \n" .
" SELECT FromUserId, MAX(CreationDate) AS CreationDate FROM msg WHERE FromUserId = '" . User::userId() . "' AND IsDeletedByFromUser = 0 GROUP BY ToUserId \n" .
") AS t USING(FromUserId, CreationDate) \n" .
"LEFT JOIN (SELECT UserId, FirstName, Visibility, PhotoFile FROM user) AS u ON UserId = ToUserId \n";
break;

$sql .= "ORDER BY CreationDate DESC";
$query->query($sql, __FILE__, __LINE__);
$msgs = array();
while(($msg = $query->fetchNextAssocArray())) $msgs[] = $msg;
Output::toCallbackJSON($msgs);

Note MySQL requires the unreferenced AS t and AS u (I presume so it can report errors non-ambiguously).

After using Scala, I really loathe PHP's semicolons at line endings, break in switch blocks, and the inability to assign the result of a switch block to a variable!

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:37:29 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 05:09:58 PM by TPTB_need_war

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Ideology destroying our world originates with hating nature
Date:    Fri, April 24, 2015 1:09 pm
To:      "Armstrong Economics" <armstrongeconomics@gmail.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me give a hint to CoinCube and l3552 so perhaps they might choose to ponder and figure out their myopia[1] in the interim time before I have the time to spell it out in great detail irrefutably.

You can see that I am not against (autonomously reset-able or voluntary opt-in) reputation nor am I against plurality of competing, local communities enforcing their local laws. But what CoinCube and l3552 want is absolute 100% coverage, i.e. coercion and force of the State or an inviolable perennial blockchain history, because they don't want any of nature's randomness to seep in (i.e. the hideous "human trafficker", etc). Their goals require them to have global and 100% coverage of enforcement. Thus it is not surprising that CoinCube would reach for a research model of mutation which requires a global control and metric on error.

But that model can never be tested (verified to be valid) in the real world because there is no global metric of error on autonomous experimentation (the conceptual system doesn't even exist because there is no non-relativistic observer in our universe). It is junk science. Analogously climate change models are junk science (this needs more detailed argument).

You see Marxists invent (conjure) globalized model strawmen in order to support their insane political philosophy of wanting to squelch nature's serendipity and cycles. They delude themselves into believing this junk science lends support to their insanity.

It is insanity because as I have explained, the power vacuum of globalized control aligns the economic incentives of all to act selfishly and drive the entropy of the system towards 0, i.e. total collapse into a Dark Age.

Sorry I will admonish these Marxists until my dying breath.

CoinCube you are entirely wrong. Sorry.

[1] This is my assertion and I have no doubt about this.

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:37:23 PM

I now agree with you that the coming "wars" will mostly be propaganda. This is a circus show for the masses to drool over.

The actual bloodshed will be much more limited than the millions killed in WW1 and WW2 (or % wise the Civil War), because minds can now be won with always-on media, and the brunt force approach is not as efficacious.

anonymous replied in email:
> He doesn't admit to problem reaction solution or apparently thesis, antithesis, synthesis and its well established historical role in geopolitical theater.  Only an intellectual lightweight wouldn't be able to discern 9/11 was a false flag attack, stemming from a long history of false flag attacks (particularly well documented is Gladio).  Of course, as far as PRS goes, false flag scenarios are only the tip of the iceberg yet highly illustrative given the clear motives and rapid evolution.  In a similar way, Princes of the Yen was rather instructive showing contained examples via relatively rapid monetary policy shifts.
> It can't even be said that Armstong's thinking is anachronistic, it's more profoundly limited than that - wearing pinhole glasses and a mindset that caters to the infantilization of society (babies wanting their pablum and paternal security).
>
>
>
>> Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:46:05 -0400
>> Subject: Marty (Armstrong) is fooled by the propaganda war in the information age

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Marty is fooled by the propaganda war in the information age
Date:    Thu, April 23, 2015 8:46 am
To:      "Armstrong Economics" <armstrongeconomics@gmail.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:41:43 PM

I am not even trying, I am not that intelligent.
Yet I am pretty intelligent.

Three things are better (at deriving a desirable outcome) than intelligence:  Luck, wisdom, and homework.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:18:36 PM

I use 1mg lithium orotate and 5.5mg of mixed amphetamine salts daily.  My view on amphetamine is that if you can feel it, it is probably too much, and if you find your sleep disturbed it is definitely too much.  I might try swapping it with modafinil some day, which has pretty good word of mouth, but i fear it might disturb sleep more, in performance-effective doses.

My income tripled when I started a regular amphetamine regime.  My abilities did not change much, but my motivation to exploit them changed dramatically.  I am prone to depression, which is evidently hereditary; do not tolerate any known antidepressants well; and amphetamine, while it may not alleviate my melancholic inclinations, does render them moot.  Thus, it is a particularly suitable regime for me personally, which does tend to color my views on the subject.

While I am sure there are terrible abuses of amphetamine, just like everything else on the planet, most people would probably get a performance lift from it, or some other dopamine/norepinephrine complex amplifier, when used moderately.  On occasions when I was travelling and ran low, I've found taurine and glucuronolactone to be somewhat adequate to fulfill the function, albeit more difficult to titrate, and more disruptive to the sleep cycle.

I avoid sugar like the plague, get most of my protein from nuts and fish, enjoy a strong breakfast tea, and find it mentally energizing to draw out a wee dram (perhaps as little as 10ml of ethanol net) mature speyside, armagnac, or calvados over the course of a workday - call it aromatherapy.  Some of this may be suboptimal for performance, but quality of life is much more than performance.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:43:20 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 06:54:32 PM by TPTB_need_war

I was feeling low energy and that fatigue I get from M.S., I just ran a reasonably fast mile and now am energized to work.

I have naturally overactive endocrine function and my dopamine is nearly always super stimulated.

The M.S. has taken its toll, but I suppose I function at such a high level with M.S. because I was always hyperactive before it.

My hyperactivity can be drilled down into intense focus and quiet and then all the energy gets focused to the brain. My ability to instantly move that energy between body and brain has been the backbone of my achievements in life. But it wasn't a complete control over mind/body, because I did struggle with the physical distraction of intense spontaneous erections too much until I got chronically ill (but the "problem" returns still sporadically). Also there are times where I can't work because I am too intensely craving for some physical activity.

On the erotic topic, may I disgress (since I know this is male only demographics) how does the thought of depositing inside of Hillary (in her fertile years) sit with you all?  Huh   Undecided

I am hoping for some humorous replies (this thread needs some banter).

TPTB_need_war

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:49:11 PM

I surrender... it is an entire waste of time to try to teach...

OROBTC, you are naive Marxist simpleton. Please learn to read. I doubt you will ever understand. Sigh. I give up.  Cry

While we already noted that the CFTC and the DOJ have gone full scapegoat retard, by blaming the entire flash crash on one solitary trader (operating out of the UK no less), which means that Waddell & Reed should now sue the SEC for hundreds of millions in lost fees and defamation, it is worth re-emphasizing the hubris and the audacity that these "regulators" have, to assume that sophisticated market participants are truly dumb enough to believe any of this is just shocking.

In any event, going with the bullshit story concocted by the confused brains at the CFTC (whose former head when all this happened, is now being groomed by Hillary Clinton to be America's next Treasury Secretary), and for all those who wish to follow in the "rogue" ES trader's footsteps, here is how Navinder Singh Sarao singlehandedly crashed the entire market, leading to the single biggest loss in market capitalization in history.

So now that you know how to crash the entire stock market single handedly, please do. Because this is not a "market."

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 09:05:39 PM

On the erotic topic, may I disgress (since I know this is male only demographics) how does the thought of depositing inside of Hillary (in her fertile years) sit with you all?  Huh   Undecided

I am hoping for some humorous replies (this thread needs some banter).

Well that made me laugh! Probably because the turn was unexpected.

So are young people waking up to this shit? Perhaps this pop video indicates it (good for a laugh). But many of my 'intellectual' peers are hopelessly socialist.

And on the scapegoat of the flash crash, I only read the headline to know what was going on there- exasperating. It really would be funny if it wasn't at playground level antics, good job regulators! That was good for a laugh, or at least the thought of regulators actually successively achieving their stated purpose!

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:28:09 PM

Fake Hillary hand.  The real thing would be scummy and wrinkly.  People like her do not age well.  Dirty-up that picture a bit!

TPTB, my response re Flash Crash is on that other thread.  I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but if you read my response, you will note that I am quite hostile to ANY real totalitarianism, having experienced it myself in at least three countries as well as my granny having suffered BIG TIME in the late 1940s in Poland after WWII by the Reds.

CoinCube has a point re government, my inclination is closer to yours (less is better, my wording), but some .gov seems to be necessary to get some stuff done.  But, there is no doubt that we have been heading the wrong way a long time.

A small .gov supervised by an alert & well-armed populace.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:53:28 PM

Fake Hillary hand.  The real thing would be scummy and wrinkly.  People like her do not age well.  Dirty-up that picture a bit!

TPTB, my response re Flash Crash is on that other thread.  I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but if you read my response, you will note that I am quite hostile to ANY real totalitarianism, having experienced it myself in at least three countries as well as my granny having suffered BIG TIME in the late 1940s in Poland after WWII by the Reds.

CoinCube has a point re government, my inclination is closer to yours (less is better, my wording), but some .gov seems to be necessary to get some stuff done.  But, there is no doubt that we have been heading the wrong way a long time.

A small .gov supervised by an alert & well-armed populace.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 152 »
  Print  

Jump to: