Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:24:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRA] Graincoin - New PoW/PoS coin | Fast, secure | Version 1.5 Released!  (Read 176978 times)
bobbyb

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:00:54 AM

I just love Grain.

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:07:07 AM

I went to appdata/grain and removed everything except wallet.dat and started 1.2. My client is now syncing and rebuilding the blockchain. Encryption and wallet address is maintained from previous version.

Is this the proper way to upgrade? Let me know.

Also, try putting grain on coinedup. It's clunky but better than nothing. Since it's a new site, they may have some greater motivation to put on new coins to promote their influence.

Few 2 cents, bosian. As I pmed you a while ago and today, good luck with GRA.

P.S:

We need about 4 more give aways beside the 2 we have done/are doing. Premined coins will come in handy I think. 1% isn't too bad.

How about: 10,000 GRA give away per post, 50,000 to 100,000 GRA per every 100th post depending on your GRA contributions.

Do that a few times and we can promote GRA as I stated on my 'essay' above.
suncoastbuddy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:10:02 AM

Am I the only one shocked by the 1% premine?
500 000 000 premine, wtf???

Did Satoshi premine bitcoin? The community was quite closed, so I think he did.

If you can't stay with it then just quit.

I just started to mine this coin as I just read the announcement. So, everyone who started before me did a premine in relation to me?

there has been a lot given out in giveaways and supporters bounties
bosian (OP)

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:10:51 AM

Some people said the client does not sync after they switched to 1.2. If you have similar problems, you can try to sync from scratch, several people did it, all work fine.

To sync from scratch, follow the steps below:
(1). Stop QT client
(2). Go to config dir (usually at c:/users/**yourcomputername**/AppData/Roaming/Grain)
(3). Make a backup of wallet.dat
(4). DO NOT delete wallet.dat, and the grain.conf file if you have one, remove all the rest files including "database" dir. After this, you should see only wallet.dat and grain.conf in the directory.
(5). Now start the qt client again. The client will sync the blockchain.

Let me know if anyone has issues.
Jollyburner

Activity: 98

so many

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:16:58 AM

I think considering several of the established coins have 90% premines that 1% is quite reasonable.

that and its a transparent premine, yes its 1%, 500 000 000 premine. devs are being very generous with community support and giveaways, and that premine will be used to support the coin.

I am sure that almost every coin has some premine or instamine, that does not preclude the possibility of being a successful coin, and it doesn't mean its a scam. I believe in 1 year the premine will amount to ~4% of total coins. and in the meanwhile, some of it is being used to grow the community and improve the forward facing image, as discussed in post above.

its important there is coins available to encourage development and promote the coin, I think that we don't have to worry about it so much with GRA, I think slow steady growth and long term is the prospect for grain. devs wont dump their coins on the market, they will grow the coin for the long term and make even more profit.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:22:33 AM

I read what you wrote and I think there is some good points there.

I think the website will be the first thing to get more work done, I will be contributing on that if needed, and should be able to help make some improvements.

I thnk dev team is really busy so we have to be patient and let some time for these things. I guarantee we will have a very professional website for graincoin because if its not i will help get it there.

|||||||($)||||||| get paid ||||||($)|||||| >>> ATOMIC-TRADE.COM <<< ||||||($)|||||| to trade |||||||($)|||||||
Trade with USD ● Fast and easy support ● Rewards system ● Referral system ● Regular security testing
Fully registered company ● Complete transparency ● Simple trade interface ● Unique trade engine ● Secure API
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:32:37 AM

The blockchain explorer at http://coinblockchain.com/grain/ seems to be on fork, or there is nothing new in this?

Is the block #52932 (9ca1cd5ec60b99c2f5b5f5889ab3a8b3fff5f1be4219a153355836f2a4888707) on the main chain?

Yes this block explorer is on the old blockchain. I have asked the owner to fix it, but I did not get a reply, possibly because it is the holiday season.

We need another block explorer. I put a bounty of 200K GRAs for a new block explorer. Anyone expert on the block explorer please help us!
Honeypot

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:34:02 AM

I think the website will be the first thing to get more work done, I will be contributing on that if needed, and should be able to help make some improvements.

I thnk dev team is really busy so we have to be patient and let some time for these things. I guarantee we will have a very professional website for graincoin because if its not i will help get it there.

Never underestimate the impulse of bunch of people sitting infront of their computer who does things for lulz - add personal greed and get-rich-quick mentality of instant gratification of this generation, and we have all the reason why doge coin took off as it did.

'lolz' factor of dogecoin was 'funnier' and more attactive than any meticulous technical details of the coin.

It was a joke coin, but a rich joke coin.

Keep this ridiculous but useful fact in mind also when spreading the word.

connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:38:27 AM

GRA will surely make it big with a professional looking website, support from everybody in the community and with lots of social media publicity. GRA has a potential to become a very popular altcoin. Better than doge. 
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:38:35 AM

Never underestimate the impulse of bunch of people sitting infront of their computer who does things for lulz - add personal greed and get-rich-quick mentality of instant gratification of this generation, and we have all the reason why doge coin took off as it did.

'lolz' factor of dogecoin was 'funnier' and more attactive than any meticulous technical details of the coin.

you can see the train in my sig right?  Cheesy

Honeypot

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:41:38 AM

you can see the train in my sig right?  Cheesy

Grain train.

I like.

Also, let's try to find another quote besides one from 'wikipedia'. Not very professional. Doesn't add credibility to a coin.
Jollyburner

so many

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:44:41 AM

GRA will surely make it big with a professional looking website, support from everybody in the community and with lots of social media publicity. GRA has a potential to become a very popular altcoin. Better than doge. 

perhaps shooting a bit high there, but I appreciate the enthusiasm nonetheless. something tells me we wont see 4 million shiba inus flood into graincoin, despite it having *such value*.

but every day the train gains some steam, if we continue growing we will become stronger. better. faster. we will be able to do anything. grains will rule the world economy. f@$# that, the galaxy. were buying earth, and that's that.

get in now suckers or you will all work for bosian!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

red alert! graincoin buy rating: BUY NOW!!! get in while you can! you cant buy it but you should anyways, once wall street hears about us it will be too late!!

bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 02:46:28 AM

I think considering several of the established coins have 90% premines that 1% is quite reasonable.

that and its a transparent premine, yes its 1%, 500 000 000 premine. devs are being very generous with community support and giveaways, and that premine will be used to support the coin.

I am sure that almost every coin has some premine or instamine, that does not preclude the possibility of being a successful coin, and it doesn't mean its a scam. I believe in 1 year the premine will amount to ~4% of total coins. and in the meanwhile, some of it is being used to grow the community and improve the forward facing image, as discussed in post above.

its important there is coins available to encourage development and promote the coin, I think that we don't have to worry about it so much with GRA, I think slow steady growth and long term is the prospect for grain. devs wont dump their coins on the market, they will grow the coin for the long term and make even more profit.

Thanks Jollyburner.

Regarding premine: 1% is a very reasonable amount. There are so many so called "zero-premine" coins, where I am sure still instamined by the devs (some released with a few thousands blocks mined), got no support after they are released. They don't have funding for giveaways, bounties, promotions, etc.

If you prefer this kind of coins, go ahead and mine them. On the the hand, the Grain team took some coins as their incentives, also distributed and will continue to distribute a lot to the community, as we all should have incentives and make the coin better, that's the purpose of giveaways/bounties. If a coin goes nowhere then it doesn't matter how much you have it. Some people just want to get more, and don't want to work, there's no such things there.

Honeypot has very good suggestions on the promotion. I agree with him. The Grain Team is trying to do the best they can, but we need you to help and do promotions. I will distribute bounties to those who are willing to promote at twitter, facebook, reddit etc. We are the same community, and please take your initiatives and help to let people understand what is the Grain. Wink
PTseller
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:00:25 AM

Love this coin and it's have very good future for sure ! Cheers

Please promote it i am already promoting on social networking !
bosian (OP)

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:01:52 AM

Love this coin and it's have very good future for sure ! Cheers

Please promote it i am already promoting on social networking !

Twitter? Facebook? can you point me to the links, I'll send you a bounty.
lasciv

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:16:47 AM

WTB.

PM offers..
herrsenor

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:20:46 AM

9BWSoDx3qJpGJ32E2xxYoJxczbLmvKCLr2

I also would likt to be part of the community and get involved.

good project and good work
Maconi

Activity: 64

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:25:54 AM

First, what is this supporter's bonuty that I keep seeing mentioned? I want to know if I'm eligible for it somehow lol. Smiley

Second, what's all this in my transaction history (didn't notice it before)? Is it from the earlier POS/POW issues?

(If you point at it, it says "Generated but not accepted")

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. B4hZNM87m17kEBmkZgz7TGmf2QzPaqmWKv
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 29, 2013, 03:41:48 AM

I also have the same transactions history in my wallet.
perfectsquare

Activity: 70

LiveChains.Net

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 04:05:47 AM

200K GRAs for a Block Explorer

BlockExplorer is on available on LC Pools http://gra.livechains.net/explorer/block_crawler.php

LiveChains.net - Pool Rental Services & BlockChain Providers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: