Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:46:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin & College students .  (Read 2106 times)
Hazaki (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:35:58 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2018, 10:28:32 PM by Hazaki

I believe that a huge portion of the the crypto community are still young college students that don't have any necessities that need another source of income aside from their scholarships / the money they are getting from their parents .
And apart from spending their cryptos on either betting or purchasing goods/video games from online markets , many of these students didn't make plans for what they'll do with their coins in the future.
  I myself have had many thoughts about hodling and launching a business as soon as i graduate with the coins in my possession , yet i'm not exactly sure what i'll be doing ..
So i'm really curious about :
- On what do you spend your coins apart than partying/gambling/paying for tuition loans ?
- Do you have any future plans for your coins if you are hodling any ?
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sahabond

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:38:48 PM

I think that everyone should first of all recognize cryptocurrency as a means of reliable payment, and then there will be opportunities to use tokens everywhere. already opened a special store for any goods that can be purchased for cryptocurrency. for example, FlogMall.
Hazaki (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:19:13 PM

I think that everyone should first of all recognize cryptocurrency as a means of reliable payment, and then there will be opportunities to use tokens everywhere. already opened a special store for any goods that can be purchased for cryptocurrency. for example, FlogMall.

There are already a lot of companies that accept bitcoin as a payment method and i can tell you from the top of my head that Microsoft and 1 shop in the US that sells Lamborghini cars already accept it .
Launching a store that accepts cryptos as a payment method in the future is a great idea yet it needs a lot of planning in order to know where you'll store the products , on what website you'll sell them (your own / already known websites ) , which clientele to aim for and what delivery methods you'll be using , always you should think of  what to do if prices crash etc etc ..

Any other ideas people ? Feel free to share it !
Sinecoin

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:34:16 PM

I believe that a huge portion of the the crypto community are still young college students that don't have any necessities that need another source of income aside from their scholarships / the money they are getting from their parents .
And apart from spending their cryptos on either betting or purchasing goods/video games from online markets , many of these students didn't make plans for what they'll do with their coins in the future.
  I myself have had many thoughts about hodling and launching a business as soon as i graduate with the coins in my possession , yet i'm not exactly sure what i'll be doing ..
- On what do you spend your coins apart than partying/gambling/paying for tuition loans ?

I agree with you that many of the people who are investing in bitcoin and crypto are young people who, in many cases, are college students and i happen to be one of them.  I plan on using my crypto investment earnings on other investments and/or to buy something ill need in the future such as a car or a down payment on a house.

center]
         ▄▄▄█████████████████
    ▄▄████████████████████████     
 ▄█████████▀▀▀            ████▌     ███▄
▐█████▀▀                  ▐███▌     ████
▐████                     ▐████     ████
▐████       ▄▄█████████████████      ▀▀█
▐████     ▐███████████████████▌
 ████▌     ███████▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄▄
 ▐████      █████       ██████████████▌
  █████     ▀█████     █████▌  ▀▀█████
   █████     ▀█████   █████▀     █████
    █████     ▀█████▄█████▀     █████
     █████     ▀█████████▀     █████
      █████      ▀█████▀      █████
       █████▄      ▀▀▀      ▄█████
        ▀█████▄           ▄█████▀
          ▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
            ▀█████▄▄ ▄▄█████▀
              ▀███████████▀
                 ▀▀███▀▀
BookiePro▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   BookiePro.fun   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████ █ █
  The World's Betting Exchange 
         ▄▄███▄███▄
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ██▀ ▀█████████████
   ▄██ ███▄██████████████
  ████ ██████████████████
   ███ ███████        ███ █▄
▄█▄ ██ ███████   ████████ ▀▀█▄
▀██▄ ████         █████ ▀██▄
  ▀█▄▄ ████▀▀▀   ▀▀▀█████ ██ ▀█▀
    ▀█ ████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█████ ███
       ███████   ████████ ████
       ██████████████▀███ ██▀
       █████████████▄ ▄██
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
             ▀███▀████▀▀
   Bet with  ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Play Money

Win Real Bitcoin 
|   5 BTC ▆▆▆▆▆
▆▆▆▆▆ Prize Pool

World Cup 2018 
  Download 
Now
[/center]
Saiful Islam777

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:15:38 AM

Bitcoin and college studant are currently associated with each other. It is possible for a student to earn money by working on Bitcoin. There are many poor families who work on this Bitcoin to maintain their well-being and continue their studies. So I think Bitcoin and students are friends of each other.
malinda92

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:43:03 AM

I think spending your bitcoin money to study is the best future investment you can do.  Wink
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:47:17 AM

Well not only college are into this kind of activity but also the high school students. In the Philippines students who are 15 years of age and above are already earning millions of Pesos annually  from doing bitcoin jobs such as bounty campaign. They have high ranking accounts in this forum such as Legendary and Hero members. These kids are the future of cryptocurrency and actually they are the ones who taught me how to earn more bitcoins online.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 09:52:48 AM

I'm not sure if I completely agree with that statement. It would be pretty hard to prove that and I think the bigger investments are mostly coming from wealthy individuals or institutions.

I'll answer your questions though:

Nothing really, I occasionally order some food online and pay with Bitcoin, but that's it.

Not really any specific plans, apart from maybe divest some into other interesting projects.

arteis406

Activity: 474
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:06:28 AM

i'm really sad about it, i'm usually use bitcoin for gambling, and after i'm got 0 BTC on my wallet, i'm open my mind and i think that will be good if i'm using all of my bitcoin for trading, i'll got profit, i'm not need to work to other person/company, and i'll have money for my future.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Muwatti

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:08:17 AM

We know there's a lot of college students here that involved in cryptocurrency, because they know it gives them additional opportunity to earn extra money that they use to pay their tuition fee in college. So they do bounty hunting and participating in bounty campaign to get money. They also have a plan for their future so all of them are striving and working hard to reach their goals in life.
Merl02

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:09:49 AM

Many college students nowadays have no idea about bitcoin, so I hope someday their offer subject related to bitcoin 101, so our you generation will not left behind when incomes to future investing
lamination16

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:16:07 AM

I think Bitcoin and college students can work together. College student can earn money using Bitcoin. It can help them to pay their tuition fee and allowances. Also they can help their family financially.
camport

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:16:19 AM

I am also a college student and while my portfolio isn't huge right now, I hope that in a few years It will be worth enough that I can put down a deposit on a house or buy a car, but I will also be looking to invest in coins for the future too

IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:20:14 AM

Well you have to take a note that many crypto users are mostly younger population because this is something "fresh" and new, as young people will accept change more likely than older. Because for older people to accept it more time has to pass.

It all depends on what your end goal is and how many are you holding. For instance if you have few mils saved up maybe I would go with RE, tho I do not believe I'll have millions to do that. So for me I am looking into building the business as well or at least investing into other things where passive income is possible. You can however try to start the business even now if you think you can manage to study and manage the business. Fiat or crypto is just a tool, a medium of exchange, for us to acquire more and be able to get other things that we need, this is why some people don't really see crypto as an investment for example.

You don't need much money nowadays to start the business as all you have to do is work really hard, it's easier with good money to start of course. I will most likely go with business one day or another because even if crypto grow and surpass my business, I still have something that I have made that can potentially bring me good income and a place to produce value for others, where as with crypto you hold and do nothing, or you try to trade but I don't feel like I am giving any value to other people on the table and it doesn't fulfill me and this is why business is great, but still not an easy task of course.

If you ask me, better is to reinvest that money than go with memes that say buy lambo and other rich things to say, hey I am rich.
yohan09

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:21:13 AM

Crypto investment is a good idea especially for college students, This is very important to us at least by future comes, who knows, the coins your holding are smoothly soaring up and gain huge amount, Its a brighter chance for us at least we have a good amount for investment, or assistance in times of problems.
Ca.ming14

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:25:02 AM

For me the use of crypto currencies is for my business and aside from that I also use it as my extra income to pay for my ectricity and water bill.
Nekroser

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 10:41:22 AM

Great topic. I want to open an Internet business. Create several useful projects for people and delegate work at the expense of accumulated funds. Then go on self-sufficiency and have a passive income.
IamSaitama

Activity: 67
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:09:04 AM

I as a college student. I save my bitcoins for my future because I believe in bitcoin's potential. The plans I have for my bitcoin is I will convert it to our country's currency and will use it to buy things that would give me passive income like buying lot that would be expensive in the future. I will also use the converted money to invest in companies that has been established long enough and companies that I am sure of that will not be bankrupted soon. I want to earn passively so that I will have time for myself, my family, and loved ones.

ContractVault.io
Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
■ ▄▀ ██  TOKEN SALE  ❱  MAY 1st  ██ ▀▄ ■
GrandBcn

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:12:27 AM

I'm not young at all, unfortunately. And my experience is much greater than when I was 24.
But I think there is nothing wrong with young people spending their money on entertainment. We live only once. And in 40 years you already cannot afford much. Not because you haven't money, you are sick or don't want to be bloody weird for others. I think youth is the most suitable time to bring madness and enjoy life to its fullest. And if cryptocurrency helps in this then it's fine.
max1616

Activity: 434
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:15:20 AM

We come to the world once and we have the right to have fun at our best ages..So instead of thinking about the future we have to pay more for entertainment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: