Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:58:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 230 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers.  (Read 636401 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:19:12 PM

Science is all about questioning the "experts".  Once that stops, it is no longer science.

wasnt the basic of science was to have a hypothesis, questions to the unkowns, and to show facts? that was my view of science was suppose to be based on.

According to the human made climate change supporters, this is exactly what they've been doing all that time. The people who question their methodology are the non scientists, and should be banned.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:06:15 PM

Science is all about questioning the "experts".  Once that stops, it is no longer science.

wasnt the basic of science was to have a hypothesis, questions to the unkowns, and to show facts? that was my view of science was suppose to be based on.
That's the old kind of science.  That's over, we've got this new progressive sciency science now.

Can't resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMqc7PCJ-nc
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 12:06:48 AM

Child Psychiatrists: Kids Now Suffering From Anxiety Over Fears of Global Warming…

. . . While the Alberta floods haven’t been directly linked to climate change, destructive weather events are expected to increase in Canada in the future. McLean, a normally upbeat youth, is painfully aware of the sheer power of Mother Nature and the carnage its fury can wreak. She’s now anxious about what we’re doing to our environment. “I volunteered to take an active role in my school’s Model United Nations, which is studying the impact climate change is having on our planet,” she said.

On one hand it scared her, but it also made her want to know more so she could help activate positive change.

Child psychiatrists, psychologists and educators say they’ve seen an escalation in the anxiety levels of today’s youth, who are constantly exposed to doomsday talk about the destruction of our planet. But despite the fact that we live in a world with more volatility and fear, experts say there is hope. And to stay mentally strong, they all advocate not just calling for change, but acting for it.

Dr. Anthony Levitt, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre’s director of research in the department of psychiatry, agrees climate-change anxiety increasingly enters into the discussions he has with many of the young people who come to see him. “Younger people [teens to mid-20s] appear to be much more accepting of the science and facts than older people,” Levitt observes. He’s also seen an uptick in climate-change-related anxiety in parents with younger children.

“For most people who are anxious about climate change, the anxiety is escalated by the fact they do not see an answer or a way to make a change. Worry plus powerlessness leads to distress,” says Levitt, who is also a professor in the psychiatry department at the University of Toronto.

“The answer, on a personal basis, to this kind of helpless distress is ‘mastery’: that is, helping people to master small tasks that reduce their carbon footprint can lead to a greater sense of control and efficacy for that person – and with that a reduction in anxiety. Can one person taking action to reduce their carbon footprint change global warming? Who knows. But it can relieve the distress that comes from anxiety mixed with impotence that affects a growing number of people in our society,” he said.

North Carolina-based psychotherapist Chris Saade, co-director of the Olive Branch Center, a grief/wellness counselling firm, says he’s seen a huge jump in the number of patients under 18 who come to him with concerns about the environmental crisis.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/health-and-fitness/health/youth-anxiety-on-the-rise-amid-changing-climate/article18372258/

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:43:12 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 01:53:13 PM by Spendulus

Science is all about questioning the "experts".  Once that stops, it is no longer science.

wasnt the basic of science was to have a hypothesis, questions to the unknowns, and to show facts? that was my view of science was suppose to be based on.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/05/06/report-uses-phrase-climate-disruption-as-another-way-to-say-global-warming/

Climate change’s assorted harms “are expected to become increasingly disruptive across the nation throughout this century and beyond,” the National Climate Assessment concluded Tuesday. The report emphasizes how warming and its all-too-wild weather are changing daily lives, even using the phrase “climate disruption” as another way of saying global warming.

Using the phrase "disruptive" gives the green light for the media to call out any and all severe weather events (eg those exact things known in the insurance industry and in legal terminology as "Acts of God") as caused by man and for which he should repent and feel guilt.

Lots of money in anti-science.  And isn't it nice that the Government is the one who burdens us little people with guilt over our collective abuse of the environment?  Clearly the Government is a force for good, and paying our taxes, sky high though they are, is one small way we can show our contrition and ask forgiveness for the sins of our ways.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:39:01 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/07/us/politics/using-weathercasters-to-deliver-a-climate-change-message.html?_r=0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using the weather when comparing it with global warming is foolish, according to "the real climate change scientists". But now using weather forecasters is not? Hmm.

insulting_robot

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:08:41 PM

> ...

> this is the insulting robot

> in latest news: scientists discover that robots are immune to climate change psychosis - could the secret lie in their circuits?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:26:09 PM

> ...

> this is the insulting robot

> in latest news: scientists discover that robots are immune to climate change psychosis - could the secret lie in their circuits?

Their circuits are made with rare earth from China, using highly toxic chemicals for their extractions, so not immune to climate change psychosis...
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2014, 04:48:22 PM

According to the human made climate change supporters, this is exactly what they've been doing all that time. The people who question their methodology are the non scientists, and should be banned.

Is your assertion that scientists should not question methodoloties, or just with this particular case?

Or are you just not a fan of Richard Feynman?
http://blog.sethroberts.net/2013/09/29/science-is-the-belief-in-the-ignorance-of-experts-application-to-personal-science/

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:55:39 PM

Is your assertion that scientists should not question methodoloties, or just with this particular case?

Or are you just not a fan of Richard Feynman?
http://blog.sethroberts.net/2013/09/29/science-is-the-belief-in-the-ignorance-of-experts-application-to-personal-science/

I am a fan of no one. For scientists to bring their studies about why they believe human made global warming is real is fine with me. For them to ban or to curtail the speech of other scientists to counter argue, saying that the debate about human made global warming is settled, that I am not a fan of.
I love my planet. I despise pollution. I despise liars. I despise pushers of any kinds. I despise people with a population control agenda who's family members, friends and associates will never be part of that population control scheme.

That is what I am not a fan of in general: Propaganda funded by the tax payers.

dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:03:17 PM

I wish there was a hell for the climate change deniers and the religions that ignore this problem because it hurts their customer base.  Few deserve Hell more for the damage they put forth upon humanity.

Reddit ain't even comin' close !
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 06:13:27 PM

This is the second year spring is late here.  Cant plant my garden,  too cold, snowed 2 days ago.  Global warm that assholes.  I never seen -50 winters before, but now are common.  I welcome a warmer planet, just like it was in the past!  They cant forecast the weather past 36 hrs, but they can tell you what the planet will be like in 50 years, bullshit!
dwma

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 07:24:20 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2014, 09:04:20 PM by dwma

This is the second year spring is late here.  Cant plant my garden,  too cold, snowed 2 days ago.  Global warm that assholes.  I never seen -50 winters before, but now are common.  I welcome a warmer planet, just like it was in the past!  They cant forecast the weather past 36 hrs, but they can tell you what the planet will be like in 50 years, bullshit!

Ahh, so you are saying climate change has been going on for so long that the changes are "now common" ?

We are having a 2nd major drought.  Last year was just the minor one.  The year before that killed half of our large pecan tree, the sycamore tree, and dozens of the largest elms on my place.  The only thing to survive is mesquites, small elms, and the other trash trees whose name escapes me.

This year we're in the middle of another serious drought and most farmers are going to be screwed.  Luckily last year filled up our surface water enough.  That makes for good hunting when we have the only surface water within miles.  

Lucky me, huh ?

Reddit was smart.  Too many opinions originating from the area of anus.
SgtMoth

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004

buy silver!

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:11:51 PM

I think, if this planet is warming up...then if you down to the panama canal...check to see if the water level on each lock has changed any since it was built.  We live on a dynamic planet with dynamic weather patterns that are on cycles.  How many ice ages have we had?  I suppose your going to blame that on man too!  I dont pretend that pollution isnt bad, but their isnt much I can do about china.  I do my part, I make EVERY effort that what i buy doesnt come from china.   
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 08:56:28 PM

I think, if this planet is warming up...then if you down to the panama canal...check to see if the water level on each lock has changed any since it was built.  We live on a dynamic planet with dynamic weather patterns that are on cycles.  How many ice ages have we had?  I suppose your going to blame that on man too!  I dont pretend that pollution isnt bad, but their isnt much I can do about china.  I do my part, I make EVERY effort that what i buy doesnt come from china.   

Your avatar animation is very distracting. I need to know everything about her, links, etc....

Regarding how insane some decisions are taken without any logical steps, California pushed hard to ban plastic bags. I hate plastic bags flying in my trees across. So that would make sense for everyone. Yet because no enterprises were created to replace those bags with biodegradable ones, their replacement is coming from almost across the world, from China... Go Green!
dwma

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:02:00 PM

There are all sorts of lesser environmental issues that have absolutely nothing to do with global warming.

This is an issue that is beyond science, yet the deniers still want to hide behind the aegis of their version of "science".

Part of the problem is this idea of "faith" that is taught by religions.  When people are taught to have faith it is all great and such, but then they also have faith in things like science being able to fix this problem without society taking serious corrective action immediately.

Blind faith is the equivalent of not thinking.  That is what Christianity and religions all around the world teach us.  How to not think.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 09:47:58 PM

There are all sorts of lesser environmental issues that have absolutely nothing to do with global warming.

This is an issue that is beyond science, yet the deniers still want to hide behind the aegis of their version of "science".

Part of the problem is this idea of "faith" that is taught by religions.  When people are taught to have faith it is all great and such, but then they also have faith in things like science being able to fix this problem without society taking serious corrective action immediately.

Blind faith is the equivalent of not thinking.  That is what Christianity and religions all around the world teach us.  How to not think.

So you are saying shutting people who do not believe what you believe is bad then?

dwma

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 10:37:03 PM

So you are saying shutting people who do not believe what you believe is bad then?

Not sure what you are trying to say, but the answer is probably in between something.

I'm all for arguing etc, but there becomes a point in time when you figure out who you are arguing with has motives that are not purely for the purpose of seeking the truth.  That or they are arguments coming from people who will not abide by the same basic rules of logic that I do and expect.

We do not need to debate that the world is round and not flat anymore.  If someone persists with that silliness I am all for kicking them out of a forum because it serves no point.

There are distinctions in life.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:04:23 AM

Frankly, I don't think you know what you are talking about, either on droughts, global warming or religion.  You seem to think that anecdotal evidence (droughts) have greater attribution, but show no evidence and of course cannot.  You are against deniers, but I wager you can't even define what a denier is.  And then you rant on religion and faith.  Then you suggest something that's quite astonishing, "faith in science."

Well I'd like to see a clear, concise definition of denier.

We'll deal with the absolute lack of a need for faith in science later.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:05:24 AM

I think, if this planet is warming up...   

All global warming is caused by your avatar.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 10, 2014, 12:07:33 AM

Not sure what you are trying to say, but the answer is probably in between something.

I'm all for arguing etc, but there becomes a point in time when you figure out who you are arguing with has motives that are not purely for the purpose of seeking the truth.  That or they are arguments coming from people who will not abide by the same basic rules of logic that I do and expect.

We do not need to debate that the world is round and not flat anymore.  If someone persists with that silliness I am all for kicking them out of a forum because it serves no point.

There are distinctions in life.

Ok. So anyone who still does not accept the proofs of human made global warming needs to stop believing the Earth is flat, because the science has been settled at more than 90% of accuracy by every "real scientists". Every scientific models are predicting exactly the reality we observe everyday from satellite data, perfectly matching the computer models for the hundred of years to come.

Is this what I should understand from you?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 230 »
  Print  

Jump to: