Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:20:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - Scrypt meow!  (Read 470654 times)
skillface

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:39:48 AM

R9 280x has arrived. Tonight we mine in hell.

-snip-

Nice. I'm not sure if I should grab a 280x myself when I save up enough BTC from all this trading or if I should just keep trading up. If I keep it then I'll keep gaining funds pretty fast, and a single 280x probably isn't even that big a deal for mining anyway. I'd probably want at least two, but that's nearly a full $1000 here.

I already have a GPU for mining, but it's Nvidea. This 280x will pay for itself in a few weeks from altcoin trading. Then I'll buy a second one.

So with the two cards I have now I should get close to a Megahash, which isn't bad.

Yeah I'm in the same position, have a 670. It manages around 280-300KH/s, so a 280x would bring me up to around 1MH/s.
LeoC

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:40:29 AM

Man, I have a GTX 680 Classified which is one of the best cards out there, but gives me a shitty 350kh.
Why is ATI so much better at it, WHAT IS THEIR SECRET
I'm willing to bet card manufacturers have created ASIC's for Scrypt for sure and are not sharing.
etblvu1

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:43:11 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 12:03:25 PM by etblvu1

If anybody knows how to code C++ in the linux environment and familiar with the coin development environment, and have interest in contributing code that can help Catcoins, head over to bitbucket.org and look at hozer's Catcoin project there, and look at the proposal I just posted for implementing an early proof-of-concept test code for loyalty credits. I believe the test code should be possible to implement in 30-50 lines of code, and could allow us to collect some empirical data. The test can be run and data collected on live data without any forking or disturbing existing coin code logic. I am offering 500 CATs to any coder who can write this code (limit 1, awarded to the first coder who demonstrates it working). Thank you.

Etblvu1
skillface

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:45:07 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 11:56:47 AM by skillface

Man, I have a GTX 680 Classified which is one of the best cards out there, but gives me a shitty 350kh.
Why is ATI so much better at it, WHAT IS THEIR SECRET
I'm willing to bet card manufacturers have created ASIC's for Scrypt for sure and are not sharing.

Well I'm not sure how it is these days, but usually AMD have the better hardware and Nvidia have the better drivers. Nvidia was always more about optimizations and buying dev support, while AMD was usually more.. brute force.

And obviously brute force is everything at the moment.

All I know is AMD are making an absolute killing at the moment from the Cryptocurrency craze; their higher end cards are constantly sold out even here in Australia. I mean there are still some floating around but usually the best deals are snapped up nearly instantly.

On a side note, I'm really looking forward to Nvidia's GSync. I just hope AMD can somehow adopt it as well or something instead of ignoring it like all the other complaints about stuff like microstuttering (which they've only just now started to address) and Crossfire.

I don't like the idea of having to choose between GSync and Mantle. At this point I think I'd lean towards GSync though; while Mantle is interesting it'll be ages before we start seeing any real progress there (BF4 was meant to have a patch last month implementing Mantle support but surprise, they had to delay it).
LeoC

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:55:32 AM

I didn't want to buy too much hardware because I'm looking to get into the Oculus Rift and the requirements aren't very steep.
Don't care too much for Gsync because it means I'll probably have to get a small computer monitor. (I'm on a 60' LED TV right now)
skillface

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 11:58:03 AM

I keep forgetting that the consumer version of the Rift comes out this year.

Aw yiss 1080p eyeball action. I NEED it.
Maverick69

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:49:42 PM

Vote!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400956.0
Last1212

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:42:11 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 03:02:16 PM by Last1212

Catholders! Do we have working wallet for MacOS? Maybe we can cooperate with crypto.cat but I need working MacOS wallet.

Some donate will be good))))))
LTC: LLEhzonntRjo4pLqaw93ZQzw8Qdx3HQ2k7        DOGE: DCty26Yk5kbG2NfoknoyY3UajPzsmbhXP9
WDC: WYJW8RYrc3C8K7duaAWqs8YayMLLNEkWBC        CAT: 9nJcehD9dkcsrrVmJxnLJRFc61158nTvvP
etblvu1

Activity: 213

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:54:54 PM

Hello People,

I have been revising and editing and enhancing the specifications for a loyalty credit proof-of-concept for the past few hours, and feel it is ready for peer review. These specifications are in pseudocode, so there is no actual code, but the description is specific enough to allow a coder to know exactly what to code.

If you have been reading and are interested in a long-term systemic solution to the crazy difficulty oscillation we have been suffering, due to coin jumper profit maximization strategies, and especially if you have coding background with experience in coding and modifying cryptocurrency source code, please review:

https://bitbucket.org/dahozer/catcoin/issue/9/early-proof-of-concept-towards-loyalty

Thank you for your consideration,

Etblvu1
foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:58:58 PM

R9 280x has arrived. Tonight we mine in hell.

2 - 280x should give you 1.4M around 700k per card.  Here is my config for my dual 280x rig.  Running 2 Asus 280x which have been bios volt modded to run at 1.05 volts instead of 1.2 volts which keeps the heat down.

"intensity" : "13,13",
"vectors" : "1,1",
"worksize" : "256,256",
"kernel" : "scrypt,scrypt",
"lookup-gap" : "2,2",
"thread-concurrency"  :  "11200,8192",
"gpu-engine" : "1080,1080",
"gpu-fan" : "65-85,65-90",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1500",
"gpu-powertune" : "20,20",
"temp-cutoff" : "90,90",
"temp-overheat" : "85,85",
"temp-target" : "72,72",
"auto-fan" : true,
"expiry" : "1",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"failover-only" : true,
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"scrypt" : true,
"no-submit-stale"  :  true,
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"

here is the volt mod tutorial

http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/10/undervolting-in-linux-via-modified-bios/

have fun!
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:04:20 PM

LeoC, I'm getting tired of your attitude, stop acting like an immature prick. In one reply you say you want to see the coin grow, and you are supporting it by any mean, on the other one you say you are done with this coin and start flaming it, which is it ? You are free to have your opinion and I respect that, but from there to start threads and start insulting others, bringing bad publicity to the coin on who some invested their money in to is problematic. If you want to drop the coin, go ahead sell you coins and GTFO, I'm sure many would be happy to buy cheap catcoin. It's not because your pump and dump plan failed and you can't manipulate the price as much anymore that you have the right to start a drama. Or if you have bipolarity or schizopheriny issues please go see a Psy.

To the others I'm sorry for the rude langage, but I coudn't help not answering to such attitude
LeoC

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:31:38 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 04:55:12 PM by LeoC

LeoC, I'm getting tired of your attitude, stop acting like an immature prick. In one reply you say you want to see the coin grow, and you are supporting it by any mean, on the other one you say you are done with this coin and start flaming it, which is it ? You are free to have your opinion and I respect that, but from there to start threads and start insulting others, bringing bad publicity to the coin on who some invested their money in to is problematic. If you want to drop the coin, go ahead sell you coins and GTFO, I'm sure many would be happy to buy cheap catcoin. It's not because your pump and dump plan failed and you can't manipulate the price as much anymore that you have the right to start a drama. Or if you have bipolarity or schizopheriny issues please go see a Psy.

To the others I'm sorry for the rude langage, but I coudn't help not answering to such attitude

LOL what? When I am the only one risking ridiculous amounts of time and money into something this passionate, I can react whichever way I want. I started the threads primarily to promote CAT, and then I link those same threads in this one in the hopes to get some help, but guess what, no one fucking comes. Then the shit talkers show up, I ask for some support here, and again no one comes, so I then give up. This is like the movie 300, where everyone is supposed to stand their ground and help CAT during this tough time, but instead, its just me and maybe one other person. I ask for people to vote the comment I made on youtube videos to promote the community, guess what NO VOTES. You can't blame me for having a lapse of faith when I see little to no support BOTH here on the forums or from the dev, and on the marketplace as well. I'm on both fronts, your broke useless ass is on neither. I gave the dev 200 coins, guess what, not even a thanks. Do you see a cat wallet in my sig? Nope I don't beg like you. In fact, the opposite, I've been doing giveaways, and I even set a bounty of 1000 coins to the person that can help break 45000 earlier. I was even going to buy a mining rig to support the hash rate, but I guess no one would appreciate that either, so you know what, fuck it, no rig. CAT has been my first and one of the only coins I've been on, save for XCP where I Proof of Burned 1 BTC just to see how it works. Don't get on my bad side, because I will tear this coin a new one, never come back and leave you guys with the pieces to pick up. My limits with this community are nearing its end. Bunch of ungrateful assholes with nothing to contribute and only bash the one person putting any money into it. I haven't PERMANENTLY sold any CAT. I've been accumulating, but now I'm thinking of just clearing out and you will have one more basher to deal with. Let's see who will promote your shitcoin now because let's be honest, it is a shitcoin. Congratulations. With that said, this is my last post, I will be liquidating in the next few days and closing out this account. Crypto is full of too many pepperoni faced kids, I'll be putting my CAT money into a real company via stocks. On with the show.
kuroman

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:47:30 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 04:59:10 PM by kuroman

LOL what? I can react whichever way I want. I started the threads primarily to promote CAT, and then I link those same threads in this one in the hopes to get some help, but guess what, no one fucking comes. Then the shit talkers show up, I ask for some support here, and again no one comes, so I then give up. This is like the movie 300, where everyone is supposed to stand their ground and help CAT during this tough time, but instead, its just me and maybe one other person. You can't blame me for having a lapse of faith when I see little to no support BOTH here on the forums, and on the marketplace as well. I'm on both fronts, your broke useless ass is on neither. I gave the dev 200 coins, guess what, not even a thanks. Do you see a cat wallet in my sig? Nope I don't beg like you. Don't get on my bad side, because I will tear this coin a new one, never come back and leave you guys with the pieces to pick up. My limits with this community are nearing its end. Bunch of ungrateful assholes with nothing to contribute and only bash the one person putting any money into it. I haven't PERMANENTLY sold any CAT. I've been accumulating, but now I'm thinking of just clearing out.
No one came? did you even read your own thread? and yes this is "300" there is 454545532121221 coins out there, and lot would want their coin to be on top, so I don't understand what are you smoking, or are you this naive ?, if you want to promote something, you do it with courtoisy, with arguments, not with fights and insults, and then after a few comment turn the table down. And your langage and way of speech and the way you act is pretty familliar to some one else that didn't comment here in a while. But like I said before, if you are going to act like this please GTFO, DO IT!, don't tell me you are going to do it. Can't pump and dump anymore that's why you are this mad ?  You've been speculating around this coin for quite a while now for your own benifice (you've even admited this!) and you call other people ungratefull ? does this make any sense?
kisa2005

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:48:26 PM

LOL what? I can react whichever way I want. I started the threads primarily to promote CAT, and then I link those same threads in this one in the hopes to get some help, but guess what, no one fucking comes. Then the shit talkers show up, I ask for some support here, and again no one comes, so I then give up. This is like the movie 300, where everyone is supposed to stand their ground and help CAT during this tough time, but instead, its just me and maybe one other person. You can't blame me for having a lapse of faith when I see little to no support BOTH here on the forums, and on the marketplace as well. I'm on both fronts, your broke useless ass is on neither. I gave the dev 200 coins, guess what, not even a thanks. Do you see a cat wallet in my sig? Nope I don't beg like you. Don't get on my bad side, because I will tear this coin a new one, never come back and leave you guys with the pieces to pick up. My limits with this community are nearing its end. Bunch of ungrateful assholes with nothing to contribute and only bash the one person putting any money into it. I haven't PERMANENTLY sold any CAT. I've been accumulating, but now I'm thinking of just clearing out and you will have one more basher to deal with. Good fucking job.

guys guys please mind your language and insults. the point i think is - what goals each of you pursuing? what goals are the best for community? of course it would be thrilling see CAT jumping in price, but is it really worth having that thrill if it would imply the coin likely to die afterwards? well, for a trader wanting to make profit - maybe yes, and that's legitimate. Leo is a valid (larger) stakeholder who invested real money and has market impact with his interest and personality. So is Kuroman is a (smaller) stakeholder who already input a lot of time and energy and made substantial contribution to the coin and wants to build it up long term. Guys please respect that CAT characters can differ. But either you agree on the common goal, and then patiently and thoughtfully discuss on the way to achieve it. or lets agree to disagree on the goals, and then either each pushes for his goal and who wins, or work together to implement things which would support some compromise goal which suits both. Lets get less personal hurt egos and more spiritual on here. Makes sence if we work for CAT, the CAT then would reward those who submit to that principle Wink
TheTribesman
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Kobocoin - Mobile Money for Africa

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:49:22 PM

When it comes to CatCoin, the community is a double-edged sword!

skillface

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:52:25 PM

Starting to get real tired of all this bickering.

Focus on saving the coin not your egos.
Maverickthenoob

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:58:34 PM

Starting to get real tired of all this bickering.

Focus on saving the coin not your egos.

+1

Kuroman, that conversation was largely over and done with. Why did you pour gasoline on the fire? Let's just move on, both you and LeoC are valuable members of this community, we need everyone to work together to get this place fixed up. Lets move on and get this coin restarted.

On a side note: I apologize for the delay with Facebook, had some RL stuff take priority (my wife has pneumonia), so I've been kinda slow with updating it. I hope to get some work done on it this afternoon.

Board of Directors - Catcoin
Personal: CAT: 9pndWw3qmPiWm2jQRw5pRAVEfJN4LzaD1f  BTC: 1Jo1394CraTgC8bKFzDdEMdks2DroB6VBe
CAT Dev Donation CAT: 9gZpz58KzYr1WKBN8DfPkZPAEt5wfZ4UKT BTC: 1MeRkKfRRfC86BQWEx5gsq68bDHe7dgs3o
kuroman

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:08:21 PM

Again I apology for my rude langage and if I had offended anyone, but I coudn't help my self when it came to this coin reputation and lack of respect to other community members. It's hard to build an ecosystem, (and ours is in it's still in it infancy) but it's pretty easy to destroy everything.
skillface

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:09:40 PM

In other news, we're currently at difficulty 16.2 and back at top position on Coinwarz, yet again..

I'm starting to think we'd be better off simply not being listed there.
kuroman

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:14:16 PM

In other news, we're currently at difficulty 16.2 and back at top position on Coinwarz, yet again..

I'm starting to think we'd be better off simply not being listed there.

I think it's a good thing to be listed there because it give us the possibility to have new individual miners, on the other hand profitability based pools has their own code (in an independant way to coinwarz) and even if the coin is delisted from there the coin will still be mined by these pools
Pages: « 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 [355] 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: