Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:04:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 400 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - Scrypt meow!  (Read 470643 times)
userpacman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 03:17:26 AM

Just a quick message before I pop off;

Quick chat with Coinedup. They've been made aware of tonight's drama.

Coinedup - DONE
Cryptsy - WAITING
Coinwarz - WAITING

If someone could let Cryptsy/Bitjohn know, though, that would be good. I get the feeling Coinwarz is the kind of site you need to nag, so by all means, nag away. Catcoin is quite profitable right now. Now is the time to be listed on Coinwarz. It still shows the old difficulty, though.

If we want Catcoin to go to Mars, we must make sure everyone's on the same page since the fork.

Happy Catcoining.

Cryptsy is fine, deposit/withdrawal working correctly.

Join our DOPE pool - 1% fee - register now!
http://dope.internetarena.it
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
foodies123

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:19:30 AM

So I slept through the fork everythin good ?

nope
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:24:31 AM

I think coinwarz is showing correct value

Don't think so;

http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/catcoin

Still showing old difficulty. It should be higher up on the profitability list based on the difficulty. It's been there since before the fork.

Anyway, I'll be back online tomorrow. We got a working faucet and a raffle-style faucet made today. That's cool.

Coinedup - DONE
Cryptsy - DONE
Coinwarz - WAITING

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
userpacman

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 03:25:10 AM

Except 1 hour of panic LOL

poolerino pool forked (unvolontary) the fork.. they had to close the pool and restart on correct blockchain.

People crying, girls gone wild, panic selling..

but everything is fixed now, hashrate and prices going up again!

Join our DOPE pool - 1% fee - register now!
http://dope.internetarena.it
OBrien

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:27:11 AM

Don't think so;

Still showing old difficulty. It should be higher up on the profitability list based on the difficulty. It's been there since before the fork.

Anyway, I'll be back online tomorrow. We got a working faucet and a raffle-style faucet made today. That's cool.

Coinedup - DONE
Cryptsy - DONE
Coinwarz - WAITING

So "Current Difficulty  60.1987" isn't the correct one?
overseerio

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 03:28:17 AM

Don't think so;

Coinedup - DONE
Cryptsy - DONE
Coinwarz - WAITING

It's correct. Coinwarz is correct too.

foodies123

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:29:53 AM

Except 1 hour of panic LOL

poolerino pool forked (unvolontary) the fork.. they had to close the pool and restart on correct blockchain.

People crying, girls gone wild, panic selling..

but everything is fixed now, hashrate and prices going up again!

Good thing I pointed my 6m to coinium before going to bed Smiley)

nope
Nullu

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:41:54 AM

Don't think so;

Coinedup - DONE
Cryptsy - DONE
Coinwarz - WAITING

It's correct. Coinwarz is correct too.

Ah, my bad. It's still showing the old Diff Adjustment. If it's showing the correct difficulty then that's fine.

One thing I wasn't too happy about tonight was getting an email from http://www.catcoinforum.com/ to my registered email account urging me to switch to poolerino. I'm not sure what affiliation the forum owner has with that pool, but considering they were on the wrong fork, it probably didn't help matters.

Anyway. Bed time. Ciao.

overseerio

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 03:52:55 AM

One thing I wasn't too happy about tonight was getting an email from http://www.catcoinforum.com/ to my registered email account urging me to switch to poolerino. I'm not sure what affiliation the forum owner has with that pool, but considering they were on the wrong fork, it probably didn't help matters.

Anyway. Bed time. Ciao.
Today's fail might have happened because Catcoinforum sent that email -- it definitely played its role in causing Poolerino to have >=51% network hash. Why is the forum choosing only one pool anyway? Did they pay him?

Nullu

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:56:37 AM

Anyway. Bed time. Ciao.
Today's fail might have happened because Catcoinforum sent that email -- it definitely played its role in causing Poolerino to have >=51% network hash. Why is the forum choosing only one pool anyway? Did they pay him?

I don't know, but I'm not happy with the way the owner seems to "speak" for the community on more than one occasion in this thread. It's fantastic he's got a forum for Catcoin, and much respect to him for maintaining it and running it, but this is more or less an ad-hoc democracy. There's no hierarchy.

He announced in this thread when we were debating the fork a thread on his forum on whether or not the coin should fork. As far as I'm concerned this thread is the official thread, and any decisions about Catcoin's development should be made here. It's bad enough as it is in here sometimes when there's a panic on. We need coordination. Not discord. If he can help coordinate efforts, that would be great, but there can't be several people making rogue decisions that could cause even more confusion. It gets messy and it harms Catcoin.

Anyway, I really must go now. See ya.  Smiley

overseerio

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 04:01:17 AM

Anyway. Bed time. Ciao.

I don't know, but I'm not happy with the way the owner seems to "speak" for the community on more than one occasion in this thread. It's fantastic he's got a forum for Catcoin, and much respect to him for maintaining it and running it, but this is more or less an ad-hoc democracy. There's no hierarchy.

He announced in this thread when we were debating the fork a thread on his forum on whether or not the coin should fork. As far as I'm concerned this thread is the official thread, and any decisions about Catcoin's development should be made here. It's bad enough as it is in here sometimes when there's a panic on. We need coordination. Not discord. If he can help coordinate efforts, that would be great, but there can't be several people making rogue decisions that could cause even more confusion. It gets messy and it harms Catcoin.

He also asks for donations in almost every post. I'm getting more and more uncertain whether he should have the responsibility for managing (what should be) a great Catcoin community.

Go sleep, good night! Smiley

ubermoose

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:10:23 AM

Anyway. Bed time. Ciao.

He also asks for donations in almost every post. I'm getting more and more uncertain whether he should have the responsibility for managing (what should be) a great Catcoin community.

I asked him about the poolerino plug and he said he is advertising them because they were the first to lower the confirmations.
vaelrock

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:12:09 AM

Next diff retarget soon, this will put catcoin as interesting as lottocoin/dogecoin, which is good.
If it's too much profitable, diff will skyrocket again, but at this level, we should have a much more moderate increase, letting this coin be correctly profitable for some time. This can inspire confidence to investor and make its value increase slowly.
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:12:34 AM

Did something happen with Poolerino? I started mining at 1200 kh/s and went to sleep as soon as the fork happened. Now I woke up only to see that I've made only 5 coins in the previous 8 hours.
Does that mean I just wasted my mining power and electricity?  Sad Here's what one of their announcements say:
"WE ARE BACK! Sorry, but after the fork last night, we hade to remove the blocks, that we're mined in the forkchain, but we are back on the right chain rightnow, and hoping, that there will be no more forks after this! Happy Mining!"
etblvu1

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:17:59 AM

Did something happen with Poolerino? I started mining at 1200 kh/s and went to sleep as soon as the fork happened. Now I woke up only to see that I've made only 5 coins in the previous 8 hours.
Does that mean I just wasted my mining power and electricity?  Sad Here's what one of their announcements say:
"WE ARE BACK! Sorry, but after the fork last night, we hade to remove the blocks, that we're mined in the forkchain, but we are back on the right chain rightnow, and hoping, that there will be no more forks after this! Happy Mining!"

When you are mining, whether solo or through a pool, you are always at risk of mining on a wrong fork. When you mine a block solution on a wrong fork, there is no coin generated because the blocks become orphaned, i.e., subsequent blocks on the right fork will not recognize them, i.e., will not recognize that any coins got created. So, it's not so much that you wasted mining power and electricity, as that you are always risking a certain percentage of the times blocks are found, they turn out not to be valid, and that's what appears to have happened in your case. But statistically, over the long-term, you should not suffer this anymore than anyone else, so you should consider it just an inherent risk of mining, not that you got singled out to take losses.
johnny_non

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:18:38 AM

you missed a show and a wild ride

send your strays CAT: 9W4aXggw9bgraD88j77fZg7aT8Lnb4mkTw  Everyone has a Dream: DKDB1yj2ohbakpQQvUZsCEWow6K2CDDggD
Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:25:14 AM

When you are mining, whether solo or through a pool, you are always at risk of mining on a wrong fork. When you mine a block solution on a wrong fork, there is no coin generated because the blocks become orphaned, i.e., subsequent blocks on the right fork will not recognize them, i.e., will not recognize that any coins got created. So, it's not so much that you wasted mining power and electricity, as that you are always risking a certain percentage of the times blocks are found, they turn out not to be valid, and that's what appears to have happened in your case. But statistically, over the long-term, you should not suffer this anymore than anyone else, so you should consider it just an inherent risk of mining, not that you got singled out to take losses.

I mean, haven't they got the most hashrate among the network? It's their duty to make sure things work well, especially after all the trust we put into them.
janos666

Activity: 588

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:25:31 AM

Did something happen with Poolerino? [...]
Does that mean I just wasted my mining power and electricity?

Yes, and yes.
I lost some coins there too before I switched to coinium. The pool went rogue and those blocks got orphaned later. When they detected this problem, the pool switched to "maintenance" mode for a while.

By the way. Does the current state on exchanges looks like there was an inflation? Grin
Evilish

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:30:01 AM

Did something happen with Poolerino? [...]
Does that mean I just wasted my mining power and electricity?

Yes, and yes.
I lost some coins there too before I switched to coinium. The pool went rogue and those blocks got orphaned later. When they detected this problem, the pool switched to "maintenance" mode for a while.

By the way. Does the current state on exchanges looks like there was an inflation? Grin

Ah and no, I believe Catcoin is currently at its all time low price, $0.42. Hopefully we can rise it soon.
raistlinthewiz

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 04:33:10 AM

Anyway. Bed time. Ciao.

I asked him about the poolerino plug and he said he is advertising them because they were the first to lower the confirmations.

if he really minded the community a bit and checked all the available pools, he would have seen that we were running cat.coinium.org with 30 confirmations during dark-times Smiley Advertising a single pool through emails & forum and making it sticky as the official pool was really a bad idea for a coin that was already going to re-fork as a fix. A bad idea in every terms...

Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 400 »
  Print  

Jump to: