Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:02:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381489 times)
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:45:02 PM

Hi! Developers, what  programming language do you plan to use? Is there some code of this project already exist?

just check the website/ telegram and github for informations. Testnet is going live soon too

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:18:52 PM

just found this out, really interested by blockchains these days and it seems a nice one..
what a pitty I'm a ETH holder really hard to sell ETH today .. :/
I will be watching this closer
usmanov123

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Chikuntv

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 03:11:54 PM

Should I keep my wallet open and online to get coin hours?
Exister

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:40:41 PM

Wow nice pump. Any news?
I am also wondering why is such a big pump.
I guess there is some guy knowing some big news we are not aware of.
Unluckily my bid at 80k was not filled yet.

Lots of news. The big china daily article http://tech.chinadaily.com.cn/2018-03/28/content_35934905.htm?from=groupmessage&isappinstalled=0
Website redesign is up now.
https://www.skycoin.net/
many appearances at events and videos and interviews like this interview on Cryptoverse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-ChyzmUaW0
All leading up to the announcement of the testnet launch at the April 10th event in Shanghai.

Hi! Developers, what  programming language do you plan to use? Is there some code of this project already exist?

just check the website/ telegram and github for informations. Testnet is going live soon too

Skycoin is written primarily in Golang. And Skycoin has a custom deterministic programming language called CX that is used for creating dapps.
https://github.com/skycoin
Skycoin has 31 repositories and massive development progress. Not to mention other projects that are doing development on the Skycoin Fiber platform.

just found this out, really interested by blockchains these days and it seems a nice one..
what a pitty I'm a ETH holder really hard to sell ETH today .. :/
I will be watching this closer

Go to
https://www.skycoin.net/buy/
Cryptowolf is listing Skycoin on its convenient exchange passthrough service, similar to shapeshift or changelly. They are accepting BTC, LTC, and ETH in exchange for SKY. The exchange is accessible from the Skycoin or Cryptowolf websites.

Should I keep my wallet open and online to get coin hours?

No, Close your wallet, also make sure you have the seed written down and delete or encrypt the wlt file.
Tutorials to do this are available at the website.
https://www.skycoin.net/blog/statement/how-to-secure-your-skycoin-wallet/
Coinhours automatically accrue on the blockchain, this is not a staking system and requires no user intervention.
Tuku

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:23:05 AM

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/03/08/exclusive-we-suspected-this-shady-cryptocurrency-project-was-a-scam-now-were-sure-of-it
Exister

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:31:11 AM

Previous post from this member was rude (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=380441.msg33127110#msg33127110), but at least it contained a few sentences. Now its just a link to a site known for doing disservice to the crypto community by attacking legitimate projects and trying to muddy the views of its readers in a dangerous environment full of actual scams.

Try changing your name next time so you look like more than 1 person, silly.

(Make sure to edit the subject line to read "[SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement" if responding to the above comment.)
Tuku

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:02:04 AM

Hey man, you are right about one thing that I had not thought through.  Sub and Sky are not in competition they are complimentary to each other, my bad, my ignorance. 

I do hope the Sky project succeeds, I am all about decentralization.

The red flags surrounding this coin are out of control however.  Please do more of your own research into why this coin is more than risky to invest in.

I am just trying to help people think before they act.  People deserve to hear all sides of the argument.  I respect your position on this coin, I hope you can respect my reticence. 

I can go ahead and list out all of the red flags that I see if you would like me to make a more concrete position of my own.

Lets just start with a "miner" that costs consumers 1 BTC and it is made of PI computers!  I mean like wow...   That machine could only cost about $600 dollars to produce, tell me that is not SUPER SCAMMY?!

Also usually in a well respected development team, they use real names and you can look them and their work up on Linkedin, like you can with all the devs from Substratum...   ...Because they are real people with real work history.

Best of luck to Sky community, if this project isn't total bullshit, I will be surprised, and I will invest myself at that time.

Apologies for being rude, just trying to avoid more Bitconnect like bullshit in this space.
Neversettle

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:53:06 AM

Hey man, you are right about one thing that I had not thought through.  Sub and Sky are not in competition they are complimentary to each other, my bad, my ignorance. 

The red flags surrounding this coin are out of control however.  Please do more of your own research into why this coin is more than risky to invest in.

I am just trying to help people think before they act.  People deserve to hear all sides of the argument.  I respect your position on this coin, I hope you can respect my reticence. 

I can go ahead and list out all of the red flags that I see if you would like me to make a more concrete position of my own.

Lets just start with a "miner" that costs consumers 1 BTC and it is made of PI computers!  I mean like wow...   That machine could only cost about $600 dollars to produce, tell me that is not SUPER SCAMMY?!

Also usually in a well respected development team, they use real names and you can look them and their work up on Linkedin, like you can with all the devs from Substratum...   ...Because they are real people with real work history.

Best of luck to Sky community, if this project isn't total bullshit, I will be surprised, and I will invest myself at that time.

Apologies for being rude, just trying to avoid more Bitconnect like bullshit in this space.

There won´t be something like Bitconnect with SKY. Just look at the development and you won´t be dissapointed.

Exister

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:07:04 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2018, 03:48:57 PM by Exister

Hey man, you are right about one thing that I had not thought through.  Sub and Sky are not in competition they are complimentary to each other, my bad, my ignorance.  

The red flags surrounding this coin are out of control however.  Please do more of your own research into why this coin is more than risky to invest in.

I am just trying to help people think before they act.  People deserve to hear all sides of the argument.  I respect your position on this coin, I hope you can respect my reticence.  

Thank you for making the effort to clearly present your concerns about this project. I will answer this and any other specific concerns you care to elaborate in this thread. Freedom of speech is necessary for us to communicate in order to reach a constructive result from any disagreement. Alternatives only lead to destruction.

Doing your own research is the one solid bit of financial advice that ought to be offered without any disclaimer. However, Skycoin is a very complex project of broad scope. It is not surprising that cautious investors like yourself have experienced frustration trying to implement due dilligence.

Lets just start with a "miner" that costs consumers 1 BTC and it is made of PI computers!  I mean like wow...   That machine could only cost about $600 dollars to produce, tell me that is not SUPER SCAMMY?!

The first 300 Skyminers have shipped already. They went to satisfied investors who paid 1 BTC each as follows.

Quote from: Skycoin project
Skyminer Pricing Details:
The unit price of one Skyminer is 1 BTC. The approximate cost breakdown is as follows:
1. Hardware cost - 0.05 BTC
2. Shipping cost - 0.005 BTC
3. SKY Rebate - 0.945 BTC (This amount will be returned to the buyer as a rebate in Skycoin. The total of 450 SKY will be given based on the following conversion: 1 SKY = 0.0021 BTC)

This worked fine for the first 300 and official Skyminers are guaranteed to be whitelisted for the testnet. Whitelisting is a technical necessity for the testnet to do its job. There are currently over 4000 people on the waiting list to buy Skywire miners, but it has been deemed unsatisfactory to charge a full 1 BTC for a Skyminer and the rebate is problematic because they can't consist of market buys and it can create an incentive to dump. The prices for official Skyminers are expected to be adjusted lower as we proceed, and the ability to buy Skyminers and other hardware such as antennas with Skycoin instead of BTC is being strongly considered.

The most important thing to understand is that specs for the device have always been public and we have always been encouraging everyone to build their own DIY miners. There is an active user community engaged in this on Skywug forum. https://skywug.net/forum/index.php
Go there for howtos and support.

Decentralization is exemplified by DIY spirit and the emergence of grassroots communities that help participants learn and share their achievements.

Also usually in a well respected development team, they use real names and you can look them and their work up on Linkedin, like you can with all the devs from Substratum...   ...Because they are real people with real work history.

First of all, Skycoin is not an ICO. It long predates the era of the ICO boom that peaked in mid 2017. A feature of ICOs is heavy marketing and cultivation of an air of legitimacy to such projects. Revealing the identities of all or some team members if a popular tactic to those ends.  

Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym. His identity has been well hidden and for good reason. Any who would stand in the way of global financial hedgemony must fear for their safety. If Satoshi Nakamoto were known, he would have been kidnapped, tortured, and Bitcoin would never have become what it is today.

Nowadays, the Pandora's box has been opened, and cryptocurrency enjoys a basic establishment status in history. The progression from then to now has occured over less than a decade. Anyone who knew what lengths the jealous financial hedgemony might go to if they understood the meaning of crypto would be more likely to hide their identity then than now.

Skycoin was officially founded back in 2012, only 3 years since the launch of Bitcoin, and one year prior to the Snowden revelations. Edward Snowden merely popularized the notion that the NSA was spying on everything you do online. That the human right of privacy was being violated globally without consent or accountability was already well known among the cypherpunk community from whence cryptocurrency was born.

It is only natural that the founders of Skycoin chose to remain anonymous at the time, and over the years they have retained their preference to stay out of the limelight. This is not something exclusive to Skycoin. The most well regarded cryptocurrency projects today include many anonymous developers and often, it is the same people who have anonymously made important contributions to many projects.

The privacy of man has come under heavy attack in modern times. The general population may have been at first outraged to learn that their privacy was being violated online by governments and corporations. But they just kept doing it, so the populations have turned to trying to cope with their diminished lot in life. Privacy is the intellectual counterpart to physical property, one of the things that an individual human being must be permitted in order to protect their lives and the lives of their family. The human individual is vulnerable, and civilized society has learned to protect, rather to prey upon the vulnerable. The very notion that desire for privacy is indicative of wrongdoing or ill designs is a barbaric influence that seeks to strip away the ability of one to control their exposure to the whims of the powerful or the many.

If you investigate the identities of Synth, Steve and Chen Houwu, you will find answers. They have, albeit reluctantly, had their identities revealed online. I would hope that the crypto community will remain respectful to them and others who wish to retain some semblance of privacy.  

Your final concern here is specifically the applicability of the label "scam". The goal of a scam is to make victims of and profit off of vulnerable investors who were either lied to or failed to do their due dilligence. In order to make such an operation profitable, the project must have a short incubation period, generate revenue fast, and feed almost entirely into marketing to reach their goal of exit as fast as possible. ICOs are the perfect vehicle for such scams. Scams thrive in a bull market and it is essential to exit prior to the the start of a bear market.

I think that there are many scams in the this cryptocurrency environment, but the current bear market is not very conducive to their business model.

Skycoin does not fit any of the criteria that makes for a good scam. It is either an incredibly poorly executed scam, or a legitimate project.

Please continue to present any specific red flags about Skycoin that you can think of so that i may address each of them.

Finally, would you do me a favor and refrain from editing the subject line of your post in this thread because it causes replies to your post to inherit the subject line by default?

sirbin2000

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:09:09 PM

Hey man, you are right about one thing that I had not thought through.  Sub and Sky are not in competition they are complimentary to each other, my bad, my ignorance.  

The red flags surrounding this coin are out of control however.  Please do more of your own research into why this coin is more than risky to invest in.

I am just trying to help people think before they act.  People deserve to hear all sides of the argument.  I respect your position on this coin, I hope you can respect my reticence.  

Thank you for making the effort to clearly present your concerns about this project. I will answer this and any other specific concerns you care to elaborate in this thread. Freedom of speech is necessary for us to communicate in order to reach a constructive result from any disagreement. Alternatives only lead to destruction.

Doing your own research is the one solid bit of financial advice that ought to be offered without any disclaimer. However, Skycoin is a very complex project of broad scope. It is not surprising that cautious investors like yourself have experienced frustration trying to implement due dilligence.

Lets just start with a "miner" that costs consumers 1 BTC and it is made of PI computers!  I mean like wow...   That machine could only cost about $600 dollars to produce, tell me that is not SUPER SCAMMY?!

The first 300 Skyminers have shipped already. They went to satisfied investors who paid 1 BTC each as follows.

Quote from: Skycoin project
Skyminer Pricing Details:
The unit price of one Skyminer is 1 BTC. The approximate cost breakdown is as follows:
1. Hardware cost - 0.05 BTC
2. Shipping cost - 0.005 BTC
3. SKY Rebate - 0.945 BTC (This amount will be returned to the buyer as a rebate in Skycoin. The total of 450 SKY will be given based on the following conversion: 1 SKY = 0.0021 BTC)

This worked fine for the first 300 and official Skyminers are guaranteed to be whitelisted for the testnet. Whitelisting is a technical necessity for the testnet to do its job. There are currently over 4000 people on the waiting list to buy Skywire miners, but it has been deemed unsatisfactory to charge a full 1 BTC for a Skyminer and the rebate is problematic because they can't consist of market buys and it can create an incentive to dump. The prices for official Skyminers are expected to be adjusted lower as we proceed, and the ability to buy Skyminers and other hardware such as antennas with Skycoin instead of BTC is being strongly considered.

The most important thing to understand is that specs for the device have always been public and we have always been encouraging everyone to build their own DIY miners. There is an active user community engaged in this on Skywug forum. https://skywug.net/forum/index.php
Go there for howtos and support.

Decentralization is exemplified by DIY spirit and the emergence of grassroots communities that help participants learn and share their achievements.

Also usually in a well respected development team, they use real names and you can look them and their work up on Linkedin, like you can with all the devs from Substratum...   ...Because they are real people with real work history.

First of all, Skycoin is not an ICO. It long predates the era of the ICO boom that peaked in mid 2017. A feature of ICOs is heavy marketing and cultivation of an air of legitimacy to such projects. Revealing the identities of all or some team members if a popular tactic to those ends.  

Satoshi Nakamoto is a pseudonym. His identity has been well hidden and for good reason. Any who would stand in the way of global financial hedgemony must fear for their safety. If Satoshi Nakamoto were known, he would have been kidnapped, tortured, and Bitcoin would never have become what it is today.

Nowadays, the Pandora's box has been opened, and cryptocurrency enjoys a basic establishment status in history. The progression from then to now has occured over less than a decade. Anyone who knew what lengths the jealous financial hedgemony might go to if they understood the meaning of crypto would be more likely to hide their identity then than now.

Skycoin was officially founded back in 2012, only 3 years since the launch of Bitcoin, and one year prior to the Snowden revelations. Edward Snowden merely popularized the notion that the NSA was spying on everything you do online. That the human right of privacy was being violated globally without consent or accountability was already well known among the cypherpunk community from whence cryptocurrency was born.

It is only natural that the founders of Skycoin chose to remain anonymous at the time, and over the years they have retained their preference to stay out of the limelight. This is not something exclusive to Skycoin. The most well regarded cryptocurrency projects today include many anonymous developers and often, it is the same people who have anonymously made important contributions to many projects.

The privacy of man has come under heavy attack in modern times. The general population may have been at first outraged to learn that their privacy was being violated online by governments and corporations. But they just kept doing it, so the populations have turned to trying to cope with their diminished lot in life. Privacy is the intellectual counterpart to physical property, one of the things that an individual human being must be permitted in order to protect their lives and the lives of their family. The human individual is vulnerable, and civilized society has learned to protect, rather to prey upon the vulnerable. The very notion that desire for privacy is indicative of wrongdoing or ill designs is a barbaric influence that seeks to strip away the ability of one to control their exposure to the whims of the powerful or the many.

If you investigate the identities of Synth, Steve and Chen Houwu, you will find answers. They have, albeit reluctantly, had their identities revealed online. I would hope that the crypto community will remain respectful to them and others who wish to retain some semblance of privacy.  

Your final concern here is specifically the applicability of the label "scam". The goal of a scam is to make victims of and profit off of vulnerable investors who were either lied to or failed to do their due dilligence. In order to make such an operation profitable, the project must have a short incubation period, generate revenue fast, and feed almost entirely into marketing to reach their goal of exit as fast as possible. ICOs are the perfect vehicle for such scams. Scams thrive in a bull market and it is essential to exit prior to the the start of a bear market.

I think that there are many scams in the this cryptocurrency environment, but the current bear market is not very conducive to their business model.

Skycoin does not fit any of the criteria that makes for a good scam. It is either an incredibly poorly executed scam, or a legitimate project.

Please continue to present any specific red flags about Skycoin that you can think of so that i may address each of them.

Finally, would you do me a favor and refrain from editing the subject line of your post in this thread because it causes replies to your post to inherit the subject line by default?

What a great reply. I can't believe people are still calling sky a scam, but are buying into p&d junk erc20 icos LOL. It just proves how big this is and how people are doing everything they can to stop it. The train has left though and there is no slowing it down now!
BtcVolcano

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:28:20 AM

Ha, I finally got my SKY coins off Cryptopia which, unfortunately, is now a 3rd rate exchange...
It's only a matter of time before a major like Binance lists SKY.

In order to get to Binance, the project needs a working product. I think it could happen after testnet. But will the team want to spend money on placing on Binance? Huh
   But why? It seems to me not all coins which receive addition of a coin at the binance exchange have a working product. Besides not many projects find also real application in life. The main thing to have cash to pay how many the exchange and enough voices which demonstrates how many in community of people wants.
Exister

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:08:55 PM

this project provides a very complete information, and made good progress, your development is very good, I am really want very much to join this project, first I will bookmark, and find out more, I hope it will go very well.

Here is a series of articles by Chris of Footballelixir, it represents a treasure trove of collected knowledge about the Skycoin project. Everything is presented in an easy to read style with exceptional clarity and annotations are provided.
https://christianott.co/skycoin/

With the launch of the revamped Website, Skycoin has published its Business Whitepaper. This new whitepaper is a companion to existing Skycoin documentation and focuses on introducing the many features of Skycoin while explaining the rationale behind them. It is intended for a general audience.
https://www.skycoin.net/skycoin_whitepaper.pdf

I consider both of these to be essential reading to get started with the process of due dilligence. Feel free to post any questions that come to mind while researching.
sirbin2000

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 07:04:53 PM

Ha, I finally got my SKY coins off Cryptopia which, unfortunately, is now a 3rd rate exchange...
It's only a matter of time before a major like Binance lists SKY.

In order to get to Binance, the project needs a working product. I think it could happen after testnet. But will the team want to spend money on placing on Binance? Huh
   But why? It seems to me not all coins which receive addition of a coin at the binance exchange have a working product. Besides not many projects find also real application in life. The main thing to have cash to pay how many the exchange and enough voices which demonstrates how many in community of people wants.

Skycoin already has many working products, the coin and transactions are a top contender with the free and instant transactions. The Fiber platform already has over 30 other projects. Skywire is just one of many applications in the Skycoin ecosystem. So when you say it does not have a working product you are wrong. It has better products than any other coin out there, and will only be better once Skywire is running.
Sanderion

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:40:53 PM

Any news about testnet and how to get in whitelist? There was information that testnet will start in March. Something changed?

david.Bauman

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:20:43 PM

https://tothemoon.live/?IsPast=False&Page=1&Month=0&Year=0&CoinTypes=Skycoin+%28SKY%29&SortBy=0
Hey everyone! Good news from skycoin
The Skycoin team is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a special event in Shanghai, China on Tuesday, April 10th
i`ll hodl this coin Smiley
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 03:46:13 AM

skycoin is one of the few coins have the good tech
mrmin007

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 12:13:51 PM

Just found out about Skycoin. Very ambitious tech. Will be watching this one closely!
bivins1

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:06:29 PM

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@bivins1/why-skycoin-will-grow-higher-in-value-than-bitcoin
Bazzzil86

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2018, 06:13:23 AM

Today will be a launch or just conference about launch  Huh

https://tothemoon.live/?IsPast=False&Page=1&Month=0&Year=0&CoinTypes=Skycoin+%28SKY%29&SortBy=0

Neversettle

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 08:26:10 AM

you can join telegram or follow twitter for the newest infos about the ongoing conference

Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: