Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:05:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SKY] Skycoin Launch Announcement  (Read 381508 times)
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:46:28 PM

where to get this coin?

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FurianSun

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 04:08:01 PM

Those posts where some rather interesting reads to say the least? I also like the girls in the tinfoil. Smiley
xivba

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 09:06:27 AM

Is the IPO still active? No response to my BitMsg.
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 05:11:28 AM

Hello,

I've been absent for a very long time, so I didn't open Bitmessage since maybe 1 month or even more ^^'

Can you confirm if I can still use the BTC Address you gave in the message ? I prefer to have a confirmation before I send, in case of it has an expiry time  Smiley

Currently, my wallet is downloading blocks, do I should already got the coins even if I didn't send the BTC ? edit: ok, got the coin, just waiting your confirmation  Wink

Thanks !

Still no answer to my post, is it still possible to use the BTC address given in Bitmessage, even if your answer was sent 2 months ago ?

I really would like to invest, but I prefer to not send my BTC to something which could not exist anymore  Tongue

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:43:05 AM

No development on Github for a very long time.

It's true. Maybe we can get a dev update soon.
skycoin (OP)

Activity: 498

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 11:57:59 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 04:56:03 AM by skycoin

No development on Github for a very long time.

The coin is done. We are working on networking. There are three different groups working independently on that and its not on github yet.

The coin needs
- database for storing blocks
- database for history
- gui improvements
- misc improvements (the blockchain does not save on windows when closing)

We have to move on to next part to keep schedule. Then new people can work on coin improvements. The improvements are marginal at this stage and could take up almost all the project resources if we only focused on that at this stage. Once all the IPO coins are distributed, there are whales with development teams and experience with previous that can handle a lot of this. Including creating website and marketing.

Development Priorities:

Right now, Skywire is blocking next stage of project.
- Skywire is like Tox, tor, I2P or CJDNS in that a hash of a public key becomes and endpoint for communication.
- Each Skywire server is connected to other servers in a fixed topography
- Data between Skywire servers is encrypted
- Skywire servers can forward traffic along a route

Ideally, I want to be able to
- unzip file with a Raspberry PI distro on it on sd card
- set a "master server" public key in a text file in the root
- plug in and boot pi
- pi should generate its public key/address on first boot and communicate back to master/control server

If the PI is behind a firewall it will connect to some default public servers, so can connect to it even if incoming connections are impossible. Then it will be accessible to network. Then I can modify the pi or change configuration or see its connection topology through some master interface.

So I should be able to setup and control two or three hundred nodes will this system. I want to be able to SSH or get terminal on the remote nodes. The set of nodes you control is your "personal cloud".

We are starting with debian but moving to seL4 once we get team in place to work on this. The seL4 kernel is the fastest and most secure linux kernel and uses about 30 Kb of memory and boot time should be less than a second. The code base is 30,000 lines, very small, very fast, no closed source binary blobs.

Applications:

There will be "applications", which are golang directories of source code, that contain everything (all dependencies). I should be able to compile the application (eventually deterministically) and then deploy it on a remote node.

Applications will get one directory for configuration, one directory for data and one directory source code. They will only have
- networking (through Skywire)
- storage
- CPU/computation

- Applications will not be allowed to spew data across the hard drive in random directories like linux programs
- Pigeon will not be allowed to put data under .config of .local, .cache or .purple or unrelated directories
- Applications must be portable and capable of being backed up or moved from machine A to machine B.
- applications should not need to be able to access data in other applications directories by default (a bad app should not be able to steal your bitcoin wallet or scan your drive or overwrite executives in other directories)

Wifi:

If a node has a wifi adapter, I should be able to deploy an application to scan for other skywire wifi nodes and auto-connect to them and peer.

Long Range: Emergency Communications Network

I want a hardware module for HAM radio. There are modules for this in China. Or may us Baofeng. They are relatively cheap.  136-174 MHZ to 400-520MHz bands.

This is for communication during emergency at low bit rate. Emergency communication (SMS type). This project is ASAP priority.

I do not know if the bandwidth will be 5 bits/second to 300 bits/second. Up to 500 Kb/s

http://hackaday.com/2013/02/28/hacking-a-ham-radio/
http://sdrformariners.blogspot.hk/p/blog-page_28.html
http://sdrformariners.blogspot.hk/2014/02/shootout-shortwave-for-50-dollars.html

I need system that is just plug and play and takes less than five seconds to start working. Has to be commercial parts and ready for shipment. Should be able to update the software remotely with the above system. The faster this gets built, the faster the bugs can be worked out and hardware improved.

Hardware Wallet:

I also want a raspberry pi node that has a 3" or 4" touch screen, that can be used as a hardware wallet

So you would have computer (possibly insecure), communicate back to this. Then approve transaction on the device.

I want to be able to check Bitcoin balance through lib-bitcoin (get unspent outputs for address and inject transactions). This requires zero-mq to connect to lib-bitcoin server. Also requires extension to skycoin crypto library to allow construction of local bitcoin transactions. This is planned out but needs resources.

File Storage:

I should be able to do "OwnCloud" type file storage on the nodes. This can be simple golang server with RPC with
- list files (inode record)
- read file
- write file

SOCKS5 Proxy / VPN:

I should be able to deploy an application that lets me connect out of the node to the normal internet. I should be able to tunnel my traffic over Skywire to the exit point. This is a sort of replacement for OpenVPN.

The GUI needs to look like this

Consensus Algorithm:

The consensus algorithm is done. I can do ghetto version with cryptographically signed CSV files on webservers and just poll servers every second. It is not that exciting.

To do it right, it is bottled necked on Skywire. The network connections right now (TCP) are asymmetric (can connect out of firewall, but people cannot connect in) and still based upon IP addresses instead of pub key hashes. So until Skywire is working/designed at basic level its very difficult to run/test this.

I proved mathematically that as long as the user graph has certain property, that it converges.

Misc:

I have servers and they are behind a NAT router, which is daisy chained to another NAT router and I cannot SSH into them. The router configuration is hell. Then the IP address for the servers changed. I could run CJDNS on the severs, but its frustrating to configure/setup for more than a single server. It draws in a huge number of dependencies onto raspberry pi.

I want to be able to copy/paste to the drive, plug it into the server, have it boot and then been able to connect to it instantly and deploy applications on it easily. I only want to care that it is connected to the internet, I dont want to think about the IP address or firewall. I just want to plug it in and not have to think about it or configure it.

So this is moving towards "How computers should be".

Another frustration, is embedding a file system in a file. You can do this with truecrypt. I just want to have a file (an array of bytes) on disk and mount it as file system. You can do this through FUSE in golang and then have golang RPC server with "get file list, read file, write file" 3 command RPC that exposes the file system over the network.

Something like encrypting the file system should just be "take pass phrase, run key derivation function on it, ChaCha20 the blocks using the key".

I need to be able to deliver the same package/application/files to a large number of nodes. It has to be standardized.

If I plug in a flash drive to one device in my network, the file system should show up instantly over the network from the master server, under that device.

So things that should be very simple, that can be very simple (embedding a filesystem in a file, encrypting it, exposing it over the network) are frustrating. I cant have 15 computers and 300 servers if I have to do this amount of management/configuration. 100% of time would be spent in administration.

So these tasks are being vertically integrated into the skycoin toolchain. The first thing that was stripped out and integrated was the cryptography, so that there were no external dependencies. The next thing was Bitcoin address generation. Now checking unspent outputs and injecting transactions into the Bitcoin network needs to be integrated in (lib-bitcoin, zeromq). Networking needs to be integrated in (Skywire, own namespace, plug it in and just works).

The kernel/operating system and devices for nodes needs to be highly controlled and cannot be more complicated than copying files to an sd card, then putting sd card into arm device and plugging it in. It cannot take 30 seconds to boot. It cannot have 800 MB of shit. It cannot stop working after three months because its logging to SD card and fills up the disc and kill itself. Everything needs to be stripped out.

So each of these things, is being outsourced right now. There are some short term contract type assignments and longer term work and then research work.

Skywire is the next step. Then I need a raspberry pi distribution for skywire that I can just plug and play. So the objective is to get people in place, to make steady progress towards the goals we can complete with the current infrastructure and continue extending the infrastructure.

Links:

This is saicoin. This is decentralized file storage where you rent out storage. This is in golang and its interesting to look at the code.

http://www.siacoin.com/
https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia

This app is very limited but interesting.

digi123

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 01:45:07 AM

After all this time I am still unable to get the wallet working on windows where I can get my coins into the wallet with the address the coins were sent.
Is this ever going to be fixed.
It is impossible to open a simple wallet at the moment.
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 05:55:01 AM

private selling still being active or is stopped ?
i sent a message with an offer request with bitmessage

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:27:06 PM

Any progresses here?

This is the most promising and innovative project on the altcoin scenery, and it would be really great to see the devs pull this off.
skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 10:01:21 PM

Links:

Article on community currency.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/od-russia/daniil-dugum/anarchism-russianstyle

Or the example of Michael Unterguggenberger, mayor of the Austrian town of Wörgl, who issued his own Wörgler Freigeld to save the town from bankruptcy and build a series of public projects over a 13-month period during the Great Depression. After a few years, though, when dozens of other Austrian communities had become jealous of their neighbour's success and decided to replicate the idea, the national bank banned the Freigeld, frightened by the threat to its monopoly.

Likewise, the Bashkirian sovkhoz (state farm) of Shaimuratova responded to the financial crisis of 2008 by issuing its own currency – shaimuratiki. According to the project's initiator, economist Rustam Davletbaev, local currencies can channel unexpressed 'demand' (usually ignored by the market) in the sense that it allows people who want to buy goods (but have no money) to use their own goods or skills in a local system of exchange.

Unfortunately, though, while everyone in Shaimuratovo liked the idea, the local Prosecutor's Office didn't. The fight for shaimuratiki continues, only now at various courts.

skycoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 03:28:05 AM

Link:

Open Source Bitcoin Hardware Wallet. This stores the keys on microsd card. It only does two things, store private keys and sign data with private keys. JSON API. Keys on device secured by password.

This is major step forward.

https://digitalbitbox.com/

tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:25:27 AM

Any progresses here?

This is the most promising and innovative project on the altcoin scenery, and it would be really great to see the devs pull this off.

The whole internet is being locked down. I think we are going to go through a dark period.
- Word press has stopped sending emails out from indie blogs.
- Reddit is being locked down and massively censored
- Facebook is only showing mainstream corporate content (paid prioritization) and everything else is sunk to bottom of feed. Death of independent media
- Ad Words and Google is cutting off independent media, cutting advertising checks and concentrating money with the large advertisers
- Google is down ranking truthful independent/non-corporate media in ranking and up ranking insane and intentionally created controlled disinformation websites. This may be SEO related to internal to Google
- Voat, which was reddit alternative was taken out by hosting company

It's a little bit alarmism, I checked the websit https://voat.co/, it's still online.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
cryptrol

Activity: 637

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:58:47 AM

... another mostly off-topic, apocalyptic brick post ...

Get a blog :)

altcoinUK

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 03:40:37 PM

Thanks for the update, these are the best read on Bitcointalk :-))
td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:42:22 PM

I agree with Skycoin's analysis 100%. I'd be curious to see some links or references on the Depression era numbers on deaths/disappearances. While well aware of the NRA, centralized control of the economy with price controls and production quotas, packing the supreme court with more judges, confiscation of gold, and devaluing the dollar, the AAA is new along with the suppression of rioting, though the Bonus Vets Protest is well known, and the military raid on it.

My hesitation to invest in Skycoin has been due to the failure to answer relevant technical questions on hardware, setting up nodes for remote access by LAN, problems with the client, and if the IPO is still even open. I've been enthusiastic about Skycoin and closely following it since the thread started, but I'm seeing a lot of problems with execution from a business standpoint which will completely discourage broader adoption if they continue. The technical expertise is very well covered and I'm completely aligned with the goals, philosophy, and view of the current and upcoming global situation. I have also seen a failure to follow through with announced plans, like posting the 300 pages of mesh networking and radio information, and a general lack of interest in encouraging open participation in the project.
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:37:05 PM

I haven't read this thread for a long time.

I can't read the whole thread.

Has Skycoin been released yet?
altcoinUK

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:06:18 PM

Do you have any release data for the project?

I am really keen to see this comes to fruition and just can't wait :-)))
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:04:02 PM

Well people have coins and people have wallets, I guess we could start trading even now.

Perhaps we could start asking some of the exchanges to list Skycoin, although I'm not sure how mature the wallet is (no encryption for example), and it not being a direct Bitcoin fork would require some dedication and extreme care from the exchange to implement it.
reverse02

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:48:19 AM

Well people have coins and people have wallets, I guess we could start trading even now.

Unfortunately i was technically not able to get my coins yet
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 11:47:19 AM

Can you give us an update about IPO and coindistribution please?

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: