Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:56:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 661 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCP] Counterparty - Pioneering Peer-to-Peer Finance - Official Thread  (Read 1276347 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:35:22 PM

So coingifts wants 3.5BTC for the ROCKMINER asset.  That seems reasonable to me.

Buy it now Bid: 10BTC

I don't think anyone else is bidding.  If they do they're hoping to sell for more and that seems like a silly strategy given that the ROCKMINER company hasn't even decided to participate in Counterparty.
About ROCKMINER ,the CEO of the ROCKMINER said he can  use another name on Counterparty if he wants issue his stock on Counterparty.

So sad news to coingifts, haha.  The value of ROCKMINER asset name is 0 now?

Hahaha, are you so happy?

Use another name is not a good idea. You know

or he can come use mastercoin or colored coins

good job squatter, remember kharmas a bitch lol
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 04:38:09 PM

So coingifts wants 3.5BTC for the ROCKMINER asset.  That seems reasonable to me.  Let's keep it professional.

no it's utterly pointless when there are many other alternatives out there that don't cost 2 g's.

sometimes i feel like very few people on this forum have any common sense.
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:49:14 PM

So coingifts wants 3.5BTC for the ROCKMINER asset.  That seems reasonable to me.  Let's keep it professional.

no it's utterly pointless when there are many other alternatives out there that don't cost 2 g's.

You can't build a world-class financial framework and expect its participants to give away their assets.  But they might....  If we want ROCKMINER here, we should procure a guarantee from that company and then chip in to buy the asset name.
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 05:06:29 PM

So coingifts wants 3.5BTC for the ROCKMINER asset.  That seems reasonable to me.  Let's keep it professional.

You can't build a world-class financial framework and expect its participants to give away their assets.  But they might....  If we want ROCKMINER here, we should procure a guarantee from that company and then chip in to buy the asset name.

not smart.

give incentive to bad behavior because the protocol was designed poorly.

porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:14:45 PM

You can't build a world-class financial framework and expect its participants to give away their assets.  But they might....  If we want ROCKMINER here, we should procure a guarantee from that company and then chip in to buy the asset name.

not smart.

There is no incentive for bad behavior - the asset names issue has been thoroughly discussed.

Bad Design imho is a Dex which does not support BTC <-> Asset transactions (i.e. one needs to purchase MSC to buy Safecoin) and manual order matching on BTC transactions.

Also Balance initiation with a fund-raiser by which J.R. Willet got 30% of MSC for sending Bitcoin to himself.

And transaction fees debited into a private address.

Enough said.
freedomfighter

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:22:05 PM

This is a direct result of having the asset at 0.5xcp which is and was a mistake. it needs to be 5 or 10 so no (real) parasites can buy 100 assets to blackmail later
bitcoinrocks
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 05:46:04 PM

not smart.

The free market was not designed poorly.
prophetx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2014, 05:57:53 PM

You can't build a world-class financial framework and expect its participants to give away their assets.  But they might....  If we want ROCKMINER here, we should procure a guarantee from that company and then chip in to buy the asset name.

not smart.

There is no incentive for bad behavior - the asset names issue has been thoroughly discussed.

Bad Design imho is a Dex which does not support BTC <-> Asset transactions (i.e. one needs to purchase MSC to buy Safecoin) and manual order matching on BTC transactions.

Also Balance initiation with a fund-raiser by which J.R. Willet got 30% of MSC for sending Bitcoin to himself.

Enough said.

you're right, no incentive at all

that guy must be really confused

Wink
porqupine

Activity: 214
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 06:14:21 PM

not smart.

Enough said.

you're right, no incentive at all

that guy must be really confused

Wink

He is. All of this has been discussed. I just posted a TLDR for this on the forums.

https://forums.counterparty.co/index.php/topic,279.0.html
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:07:56 PM

Hey guys, sorry for stupid question. If you have a wiki or something like this just please give me a link and I'll find an answer.

I have one address for btc/xcp because xcp is built on top of btc blockchain, right? But how does it know did I send btc or xcp? I sent both currencies on the same address but somehow they entered on right accounts: xcp to xcp, btc to btc.

The BTC is recognized by bitcoind, bitcoinqt, etc., (Bitcoin clients)
XCP is recognized by counterpartyd, counterpartywalletd, etc., (If the bitcoin blockchain has the txindex=1)

XCP data is metadata associated with very tiny bitcoin transactions, which are used to sustain the meta network.

I don't understand your question, "but somehow they entered on right accounts...?" Please elaborate

I send xcp or btc from Bter on the same address and money somehow appears on xcp and btc accounts although there's only 1 address for both currencies.

halfcab123

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CabTrader v2 | crypto-folio.com

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:10:42 PM

Hey guys, sorry for stupid question. If you have a wiki or something like this just please give me a link and I'll find an answer.

I have one address for btc/xcp because xcp is built on top of btc blockchain, right? But how does it know did I send btc or xcp? I sent both currencies on the same address but somehow they entered on right accounts: xcp to xcp, btc to btc.

The BTC is recognized by bitcoind, bitcoinqt, etc., (Bitcoin clients)
XCP is recognized by counterpartyd, counterpartywalletd, etc., (If the bitcoin blockchain has the txindex=1)

XCP data is metadata associated with very tiny bitcoin transactions, which are used to sustain the meta network.

I don't understand your question, "but somehow they entered on right accounts...?" Please elaborate

I send xcp or btc from Bter on the same address and money somehow appears on xcp and btc accounts although there's only 1 address for both currencies.

Yes that's how it works. You could even send mastercoins to that address if you had the private key for it or were using a wallet that looked in the blockchain for that specific meta data

DayTrade with less exposure to risk, by setting buy and sell spreads with CabTrader v2, buy now @ crypto-folio.com
xnova

Activity: 390
Merit: 254

Counterparty Developer

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:44:16 PM

SECURITY NOTICE

With the newly released version of Counterwallet 1.1.0, we have made several improvements to site security. This includes major enhancements to our XSS (cross site scripting) protection, greatly enhanced clickjacking protection, and enhanced entropy in the pass phrase generation routines. We are also in the process of regenerating an updated SSL certificate as a precaution against the heartbeat vulnerability.

Given these changes, we highly advise all Counterwallet users to go to the main site (https://counterwallet.co) and create a new wallet. Then, from that same site, sweep or transfer in your balance from any other wallets you may have created. Please only use https://old.counterwallet.co when necessary to transfer over your old balance to the new site, and, as a security precaution, do NOT transfer funds into an old.counterwallet.co wallet.

On top of these security improvements, we are also in the process of arranging a professional security audit and penetration testing of all Counterwallet and counterwalletd code, similar to the recently completed counterpartyd security audit. Stay tuned for news on this front.

Visit the official Counterparty forums: http://counterpartytalk.org
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 07:48:02 PM

Hi Xnova, by the way I lost all the dust on my old wallet which I can't remember the value of as well as any primes! I haven't reported as been a bit sidetracked doesn't really matter if the issues been resolved in later versions.
charitycoin

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:33:54 AM

Dear All

Thank you very much for your donations to date, although small we really appreciate it.  Three donations using charitycoin.co.uk have been made.  Please see the charities and proofs of the donations below:

Amnesty International    https://www.justgiving.com/amnesty    9.50
The Simon Community    http://www.justgiving.com/simoncommunity    8.50
Médecins Sans Frontières    https://www.justgiving.com/msfuk    10.00               
Total Donations                28.00

Please feel free to make more donations or contact us at info(at)charitycoin.co.uk if you have any questions.  Charitycoin exists as an asset called CHARITYCOIN on the Counterparty system and is 100% provably backed by charitable donations.

Many thanks
The Charitycoin team
Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:58:29 AM

Is there any documentation available re: (secure) implementation into an exchange backend?

PhantomPhreak (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 300

Counterparty Chief Scientist and Co-Founder

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:59:27 PM

Is there any documentation available re: (secure) implementation into an exchange backend?

Sure. There's this wiki page: https://wiki.counterparty.co/w/XCP_Exchange_Integration.
Chang Hum

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:41:31 PM

Wow just noticed how much more it is too issue

Mastercoin foundation salesmen have lent David Irvine a stack of mastercoin (he believed were worth millions to sell), in effect to simply issue an asset they're charging him $10000000.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/maidsafe-development/j8QBYnXOYUI

A bit of fraud is going on here methinks, champagne all round but I think this is the end of Mastercoin they surely can't get away with this. Such a shame as Maid network looked interesting though you've got to wonder how credible a director David Irvine is if he's this gullible or how currupt he is if he's not!

BTW: My girlfriends in I.C.U. and I went all in on Mastercoin thinking all my dreams had come true to pay hospital expenses when he tried to fix the price at 0.2 from .08, after seeing the way it moved so smovely when they fixed it from .06 to .08. Thankfully I managed to sell up in time without a loss when I realized if he get's the $10000000 he gives it away to the mastercoin foundation rather than to use for his business!!

I'd say this is a pretty big scandal and as highlighted above effect real peoples lives. Unfortunately I'm not really articulate or educated enough to explain this well, but can someone look into this and have a word with him.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:44:11 PM

Mastercoin foundation salesmen have lent David Irvine a stack of mastercoin (he believed were worth millions to sell), in effect to simply issue an asset they're charging him $10000000.

A bit of fraud is going on here methinks, champagne all round but I think this is the end of Mastercoin they surely can't get away with this. Such a shame as Maid network looked interesting though you've got to wonder how credible a director David Irvine is if he's this gullible or how currupt he is if he's not!

BTW: My girlfriends in I.C.U. and I went all in on Mastercoin thinking all my dreams had come true to pay hospital expenses when he tried to fix the price at 0.2 from .08, after seeing the way it moved so smovely when they fixed it from .06 to .08. Thankfully I managed to sell up in time without a loss when I realized if he get's the $10000000 he gives it away to the mastercoin foundation rather than to use for his business!!

I'd say this is a pretty big scandal and as highlighted above effect real peoples lives. Unfortunately I'm not really articulate or educated enough to explain this well, but can someone look into this and have a word with him.

I think this MaidSafe pump is the last time in a while that people will be able to get out of MSC at these higher prices. MSC is going nowhere. It was flawed from the start by its distribution as well.
Chang Hum

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:48:44 PM

I think this MaidSafe pump is the last time in a while that people will be able to get out of MSC at these higher prices. MSC is going nowhere. It was flawed from the start by its distribution as well.

Patel think this through, the foundation have lent him "tons" of mastercoin to sell they effectively end up getting all the cash (bitcoin) he ends up getting all (worthless?) mastercoin in exchange for 8 years work, media attention, and brilliant Idea. The guys been totally suckered. It would only cost him a $1 to do the same thing through counterparty it's high level madness!
sparta_cuss

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:17:10 PM

I fixed a minor flaw, in the XCP market. It should be good now!

What did you do, bring in more buyers?  Wink

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E.M. Forster
NXT: NXT-Z24T-YU6D-688W-EARDT
BTC: 19ULeXarogu2rT4dhJN9vhztaorqDC3U7s
Pages: « 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 [363] 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 ... 661 »
  Print  

Jump to: