Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 05:19:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 362 »
  Print  
Author Topic: rpietila Wall Observer - the Quality TA Thread ;)  (Read 907160 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 10:51:00 AM

after treading water, creeping up all night, Huobi just came to life with a ~400 BTC buy.

The bulls, beat to hell for four months, may be mounting an offensive. Last stand or worm turning?

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
akujin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 10:59:49 AM

Doesnt matter who you thought did it, 9/11 was a conspiracy by definition.

the building imploded without being hit by a plane. is that really suspicious in a 'terrorist' attack? no, they could plant bombs.

What is suspicious, is why the US officials are not open to discussion of this subject. why do they bash the engineers that disprove their theoroies. The US has thus been exposed.

Although the exact identities of the 'terrorists' will never be known for sure, so the US government may as well have nodded along to theories about planned demolition.
I didn't know terrorists nowadays are concerned of the safety of nearby buildings... They bombed that building like a demolition expert  Grin Grin

Demolition experts can be terrorists, American and white all at the same time. but we will never know for sure.
Is that building open 24hrs a day? How could terrorists bring in lots of explosives and drill the columns without anyone noticing it?  Grin

but have you fallen for the propoganda that all terrorist must be unsophisticated and arabic?   lol ^^
Of course not.. I believe the same terrorist who bombed that building could be monitoring you right now and flying a drone in america and other parts of the world  Grin  Grin

BTC: 165rKPfGJ3ndrG1QziHR6ACnViP4EQHNK7
LTC: LMysGMFjmF9gR9RzStij74msXrDP1NqW8X
DOGE: DRZXGgcKN8kANwko3VycsBVVGqfy6XsSpM
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:02:11 AM

From Wikipedia:

As the North Tower collapsed on September 11, 2001, heavy debris hit 7 World Trade Center, damaging the south face of the building[36] and starting fires that continued to burn throughout the afternoon. The collapse also caused damage to the southwest corner between Floors 7 and 17 and on the south face between Floor 44 and the roof; other possible structural damage included a large vertical gash near the center of the south face between Floors 24 and 41.

It's well-known that no plane hit WTC7.  It was damaged by the giant building right next to it collapsing (it's the red one):

Nobody disputes that it was demolished by the city for being unsafe.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
creekbore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Lazy, cynical and insolent since 1968

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:03:30 AM

no creekbore, I believe they used fundamental analysis and a daily trend line to bring it down, but they never understood afterwards why it collapsed before the plane hit  Huh

... should have studied herd psychology aye   Grin

Well, I'm completely baffled now (but then it doesn't take much).

"Markets always move in the direction to hurt the most investors." AnonyMint
"Market depth is meaningless" AdamstgBit
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:12:37 AM

Of course not.. I believe the same terrorist who bombed that building could be monitoring you right now and flying a drone in america and other parts of the world  Grin  Grin

[/quote]

well then we have an understanding.

But we still dont know who or exactly what for.

Pruden

Activity: 496
Merit: 500

Spanish Bitcoin trader

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:25:15 AM

BitChicksHusband, please keep reading the Wikipedia: it wasn't demolished, and didn't suffer from the collapse of the Twin Towers. It collapsed due to fire. Still, I don't know what's so incredible about it. Oyvinds' gif is a strawman at its best, it's ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_World_Trade_Center#9.2F11_and_collapse

Depending on the building, fire might be enough or not. In Madrid in 2005 the Windsor Tower (103 meters high) burned like a torch but didn't collapse. Every case is different.
BitchicksHusband

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:32:32 AM

aminorex, compliments to your superior communication skills. Okay back to TA now. I am done. Thanks for the discussion all.

The reason he hates sin so much is sin really is anything that causes harm to others.

What do you do when you can't do anything without harming someone. It is impossible to never harm someone due to the Butterfly effect. You are basically asking for gridlock and communism.

I call BS on that. Although your intentions are good, the recurrent outcome of your stated ideology is horrific genocide which is the antithesis of your intention. As far as I can see, the Bible doesn't talk about not harming (although harming shouldn't be and helping should be an individualized goal but not a global requirement, e.g. I can help someone individually whose situation I know), rather it pushes the value of individualism and focusing on what you can do rather than judging others (c.f. Matthew 7). The point of the 10 Commandments is that individualism is destroyed by disrespecting property rights. Then you need a government (idol) to enforce (collective) theft.

When the Bible says there is only one King and only one law, what it means is a one-on-one relationship between you and your creator (c.f. Matthew 6:5). For scientists and atheists, let's look at this from the perspective of knowledge spawns accretively from individual fitness to individual situations. I got more in depth on this when I was working out the type theory of computer languages (yeah I know you wonder what in the heck would type theory have to do it). Here is the link:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21msg/scala-debate/vysv97J0xok/ikiNtik33QsJ

Matthew 22
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Sin is harm to yourself or others.  If you love others, you won't do it.  If everyone truly loved everyone else perfectly, there would be no need for laws.  This is what Jesus said right here.

The point of the 10 commandments is that disobeying them leads you to harm others.  If you disrespect your parents, lie, cheat, steal, kill, covet the things you can't have, you will become an evil person that harms others.

Adam Smith and John Nash show that fallacy of your Butterfly Effect argument, as they prove that when everyone does good to each other society profits greatly and everyone gets wealthy.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:34:35 AM

- If the depopulationists ("TPTB") have enough power to finish off the intelligentsia, they don't need bitcoin to do it. Every totalitarian regime has found a way to quickly sanitize the population, fully without bitcoins, facebooks or anything. Just set quotas for the local psycho-sociopathic sheriff and go.

This wakes up the masses. They operate by more subtle means of deception, e.g. Bitcoin. The trick is to have people enslave themselves without knowing it. This is how the elite avoid losing their heads and retain control. Chaotic uprisings are very risky for them. They prefer nationalistic pride wars, where the foolish masses believe they are fighting for something justified.

- If they do not have the power for draconian activities, then targeting bitcoin owners does not give them much, but is a very great thing for the freedom people who get to tighten their ranks and perhaps wake up more and more people down the road.

No matter how I think about it, it looks like that the depopulationists have lost. I will have to write more about it for you to understand it,

No need to write more. You don't understand.

The problem with people like you are that almost all your theories assume one blatant falsehood - that there are super intelligent, cunning, strategic, and complex humans that pull the strings on society in some elaborate and complex ways.

When, in fact, people in "power" are mere mortals, individuals who are really more obsessed with daily issues in front of their faces, than sitting in some secret boardroom trying to devise the next sinister plot to control the world.

People with extreme wealth are not particulary intelligent. They are not particularly great at innovation, including the kind that would lead to complex social manipulation of masses.

People in power - elected officials or in communist states - inherited officials - or in military states - military officials - all 3 categories are unique and have unique skill sets that allow them to hold "power." Of the three, only military officials have any real skill at social manipulation, that being brute force. It is more of a tactical power than a strategic one, which is why military leaders are often the shortest lived regimes.

There are, instead, simply systems that have been created over the years as humans have fought for more "security" (another basic need) that now enable certain classes to have advantages over others. This is kind of a economic darwinian evolution of sorts. But the players who take advantage of these systems today act much more out of tactics than strategy.

And you give them WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT.

This is right. I'll add to it, that those in power are there because they crave it and will do anything to get it, which means stabbing people in the back, being mercenary and other generally selfish things.

By definition this makes them not team players.

It makes no sense then, that "they" are all in cahoots.

No honour amongst thieves.

Anonymint - Don't bother with your standard (arrogant) "you don't understand" response just because I don't lap up your every word. I liked your post, about white slavery, it had good points.

Some of us have one eye on the possibility that bitcoin will change the world in ways the so called "beta" males prophesize, and another eye on how to make BTC work for us within the confines of the current system. The thing I understand, is that I cannot possibly *know* what is going to happen. You speak so assuredly on this topic that it gives the impression that you seem to think you *do* know.

I read all the entropy stuff. I get that. It leads to nihilistic thinking, and ultimately doesn't help your local reality. I think more attention to the probabalist nature of things, with leaning towards practical application of your theories will serve you better. Until something happens, it has neither resolved one way or another. Prepare for either. You (probably) aren't going to change *the* world more likely you can change *your* world.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
BitchicksHusband

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:36:47 AM

BitChicksHusband, please keep reading the Wikipedia: it wasn't demolished, and didn't suffer from the collapse of the Twin Towers. It collapsed due to fire. Still, I don't know what's so incredible about it. Oyvinds' gif is a strawman at its best, it's ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_World_Trade_Center#9.2F11_and_collapse

Depending on the building, fire might be enough or not. In Madrid in 2005 the Windsor Tower (103 meters high) burned like a torch but didn't collapse. Every case is different.

You're right, I got it confused with another one.  Still it clearly DID suffer from the collapse of the North Tower.

BitchicksHusband

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:41:02 AM

The problem with people like you are that almost all your theories assume one blatant falsehood - that there are super intelligent, cunning, strategic, and complex humans that pull the strings on society in some elaborate and complex ways.

When, in fact, people in "power" are mere mortals, individuals who are really more obsessed with daily issues in front of their faces, than sitting in some secret boardroom trying to devise the next sinister plot to control the world.

People with extreme wealth are not particulary intelligent. They are not particularly great at innovation, including the kind that would lead to complex social manipulation of masses.

People in power - elected officials or in communist states - inherited officials - or in military states - military officials - all 3 categories are unique and have unique skill sets that allow them to hold "power." Of the three, only military officials have any real skill at social manipulation, that being brute force. It is more of a tactical power than a strategic one, which is why military leaders are often the shortest lived regimes.

There are, instead, simply systems that have been created over the years as humans have fought for more "security" (another basic need) that now enable certain classes to have advantages over others. This is kind of a economic darwinian evolution of sorts. But the players who take advantage of these systems today act much more out of tactics than strategy.

And you give them WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT.

This is right. I'll add to it, that those in power are there because they crave it and will do anything to get it, which means stabbing people in the back, being mercenary and other generally selfish things.

By definition this makes them not team players.

It makes no sense then, that "they" are all in cahoots.

No honour amongst thieves.

Very well spoken.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:50:09 AM

aminorex, compliments to your superior communication skills. Okay back to TA now. I am done. Thanks for the discussion all.

The reason he hates sin so much is sin really is anything that causes harm to others.

What do you do when you can't do anything without harming someone. It is impossible to never harm someone due to the Butterfly effect. You are basically asking for gridlock and communism.

I call BS on that. Although your intentions are good, the recurrent outcome of your stated ideology is horrific genocide which is the antithesis of your intention. As far as I can see, the Bible doesn't talk about not harming (although harming shouldn't be and helping should be an individualized goal but not a global requirement, e.g. I can help someone individually whose situation I know), rather it pushes the value of individualism and focusing on what you can do rather than judging others (c.f. Matthew 7). The point of the 10 Commandments is that individualism is destroyed by disrespecting property rights. Then you need a government (idol) to enforce (collective) theft.

When the Bible says there is only one King and only one law, what it means is a one-on-one relationship between you and your creator (c.f. Matthew 6:5). For scientists and atheists, let's look at this from the perspective of knowledge spawns accretively from individual fitness to individual situations. I got more in depth on this when I was working out the type theory of computer languages (yeah I know you wonder what in the heck would type theory have to do it). Here is the link:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#%21msg/scala-debate/vysv97J0xok/ikiNtik33QsJ

Matthew 22
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[c] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[d] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Sin is harm to yourself or others.  If you love others, you won't do it.  If everyone truly loved everyone else perfectly, there would be no need for laws.  This is what Jesus said right here.

The point of the 10 commandments is that disobeying them leads you to harm others.  If you disrespect your parents, lie, cheat, steal, kill, covet the things you can't have, you will become an evil person that harms others.

Adam Smith and John Nash show that fallacy of your Butterfly Effect argument, as they prove that when everyone does good to each other society profits greatly and everyone gets wealthy.

Equally well spoken. (probably more so)

I am not christian, nor particularly religious in the omniscient being sense of the world. Though in line with my thinking on everything else: who can possibly know.

I know love is the most important thing though. Sometimes I get it right, sometimes I get it wrong. Just gotta keep trying.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:00:08 PM

Bitcoin cultists, conspiracy theories, religion?  Is this the quality TA Thread or did i knock at the wrong door?

LMAO  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:32:47 PM

Bitcoin cultists, conspiracy theories, religion?  Is this the quality TA Thread or did i knock at the wrong door?

LMAO  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You complete the picture you just painted Fonzie

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
tablemanic

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:41:07 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 02:46:23 PM by tablemanic

The bottom is in when everybody (I'm pointing to oyvinds, who is a reasonable guy) just makes up reasons why the price would fall further, to justify that they are selling out of rational grounds, and not out of FEAR, meanwhile happily ignoring the actual driver behind bitcoin price, which is bitcoin adoption. To keep it as simple as possible, I present only the following figures:

Block 270,000 (2013-11-16) 0.93 million non-dust addresses
Block 290,000 (2014-3-11) 1.34 million non-dust addresses

I agree, the bottom does not occur when most people stop believing in bitcoin future but rather when most people sell off just because they belive they will able to buy in again at a cheaper price. We saw this in July 2013. Although I generally like trading in bear trends, I've made an active choise not to trade during this trend anymore (unless something really obvious happens), due to the fact that people's attitude is beginning to align with this scenario. Kudos to those of you that have balls to trade at this stage!

Despite the error of the last prediction that 500 wouldn't be broken (although it fits well with the scenario you predicted before about a big spike down at the end of March  Wink ), I have to give you credit for your predictions latley Risto! They have been pretty much spot on.

I also agree that Bitcoins value is based on the usage of the Bitcoin. Just like any technology/product where the usage of the product gives the product its value (rather than a product where the product itself defines the value, a simple example would of course be any social media like Facebook, or an invention like the telephone), the value of the Bitcoin will grow as long as the adoption continues.

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:59:40 PM

From Wikipedia:
Nobody disputes that it was demolished by the city for being unsafe.

The u.s. government disputes this.  People died in the collapse.  It takes literally weeks of planning and charge placement work to demolish a building of that size.  What can you conclude about wikipedia?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
mgburks77

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:04:16 PM

Here is a little known fact: The term "conspiracy theory" was first coined by the CIA to deflect criticism of the Warren Commission after the assassination of President Kennedy. It does not appear in any written text before it was introduced to the public through a CIA propaganda campaign at that time. This phase is only used by people who are successfully brainwashed into using it. A limited ability to think critically is a requirement for using it when presented with uncomfortable information.

Thank you for letting us know that you are a brainwashed person with a limited capability to think logically and rationally, fonzie.

J Edgar Hoover used the term to describe inquiries into the existence of the mafia before that.
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:05:30 PM

Not true: only the wtc7 case is different.  All other cases are the same.  No other steel frame tower in history has ever collapsed due to fire.  Extraordinary claims.... zero evidence.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:09:28 PM

Here is a little known fact: The term "conspiracy theory" was first coined by the CIA to deflect criticism of the Warren Commission after the assassination of President Kennedy. It does not appear in any written text before it was introduced to the public through a CIA propaganda campaign at that time. This phase is only used by people who are successfully brainwashed into using it. A limited ability to think critically is a requirement for using it when presented with uncomfortable information.

Thank you for letting us know that you are a brainwashed person with a limited capability to think logically and rationally, fonzie.

Ahahaha,thanks, fast and reliable conclusion, great argument.... This is by far the dumbest i have heard in a long time, wow.
I´m almost speechless. So if the CIA invented the term conspiracy, then every so called "theory" is in fact true i guess, nice logic? 0+0=1
Every critic about a so called conspiracy theory is ultimately the result of a brainwashed person or even worse, it´s from a person who belongs to THEM!!(NWO, Bitcoin Foundation....)
If i can´t proove that Kennedy wasn´t killed by a talking green horse it might as well be as true as every other explanation!

Excuse me, but i´m a brainwashed sheep.
BUT IT´S NOT MY FAULT THAT THE REPTILIANS TOOK CONTROL OVER ME. I HAVE TO OBEY !   Roll Eyes

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
aminorex
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:14:17 PM

But with Chinese funds looking increasingly insecure, where is the new money going to come from?  It seems unlikely to come from a 'new' market like China was a new market last year.  So, if we can no longer count on fresh 'geographic' markets, then it has to come from sectors within established markets.

China is still a new market. Penetration is less than 0.003%.  99.997% upside remains.

cspeter8

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:16:31 PM

very off-topic, but wow I totally agree with this.  A year ago I thought 9/11 inside job truthers were totally nuts, but alex jones woke me up! Now I am consumed with how to wake up others- there is a battle on for our minds.   We really need to move this into another thread though!
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... 362 »
  Print  

Jump to: