Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:05:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: People are joking about Bitcoin  (Read 2011 times)
sagor0707 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 12:12:27 AM

In recent times, some new ICO companies have been kidding about Bitcoin on Twitter, Facebook for their ICO promotion. I think this promotion way is very negative for Bitcoin. They showed that Bitcoin will be destroyed and their token will become number one. They have presented it in such a way that the price of Bitcoin will not rise anymore. I think this type of promotion is  very negative in the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:20:55 AM

Well yeah, that's normal. Just like when you're watching a commercial for some product, they'll say "old ones were crap, our product is the best"...

Why even bother with advertisement if you say "our product isn't anything special compared to others". Grin

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
diorthotis

Activity: 330
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 12:35:18 AM

A token probably will collapse, since it is usually instamined and/or premined. Personally I think it is very risky to invest in tokens based on ethereum blockchain or other user issued asset. They often run the risk of hyperinflation. Some tokens are not like this, for example, liteshares https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org/asset/LITESHARES/ a total of 4 billion tokens, with 1 billion already donated to the committee account. This is an exception, as most tokens are issued on command.

I generally only invest in legit proof of work coins.
thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:57:05 AM

They are trying to sway those who would otherwise be interested in Bitcoin. If their token fails, they will probably feel they should have bought Bitcoin. If the token does well, then they will feel good about the token. Therefore, long-term I don't think it really has a negative effect on the crypto market as a whole.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
rider212

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:17:42 AM

I think the token is very influential on bitcoin, because the token is pegged to bitcoin. But if the bitcoin price goes up, then it will not impact the token. If the token price goes up, it will have an impact on bitcoin.
sakahayang

Activity: 414
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:28:02 AM

In recent times, some new ICO companies have been kidding about Bitcoin on Twitter, Facebook for their ICO promotion. I think this promotion way is very negative for Bitcoin. They showed that Bitcoin will be destroyed and their token will become number one. They have presented it in such a way that the price of Bitcoin will not rise anymore. I think this type of promotion is  very negative in the market.

I do not think it's a form of promotion but a form of provocation aimed at dropping bitcoins, where there are promotions that comment negatively by comparing and predicting bitcoin. I think this is a form of abuse against bitcoin.
it is already a lot of new technology and more sophisticated, but the technology is the result of fractional bitcoin technology. so I do not think anyone can beat bitcoin even though sophisticated any technology it has, as a result the technology is a fraction of bitcoin technology
sagor0707 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 01:35:49 AM

Well yeah, that's normal. Just like when you're watching a commercial for some product, they'll say "old ones were crap, our product is the best"...

Why even bother with advertisement if you say "our product isn't anything special compared to others". Grin

I think this is not the Samsung and iPhone market competition. A negative speech  or an article can turns the Bitcoin market upside down.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:35:50 AM

That is their marketing strategy. It is very normal if competition is always present. Some coins are really way much better rather than Bitcoin in some aspects. It's only natural that they will tell the market that their coin is much better otherwise, hiw would you expect that people will buy it?
Zandra

Activity: 418

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:37:55 AM

Honestly man , I do not think it have a negative effects on the market in that type of promotion because for me it's a normal if there an new ICO and promote their project.
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:03:17 AM

I think this is not the Samsung and iPhone market competition. A negative speech  or an article can turns the Bitcoin market upside down.

You're missing the point. Maybe they're not in the same basket as samsung or apple, but they still have a product to advertise and they won't  be doing that by saying that their product is crap.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
sagor0707 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 02:03:43 AM

Honestly man , I do not think it have a negative effects on the market in that type of promotion because for me it's a normal if there an new ICO and promote their project.
They can promote their products in their respective strategies, but they also bring negative aspects if they promote products that affect the market. How do you use your product if your market is not fixed?
Iceblast

Activity: 783

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:10:50 AM

although in a promotion it's a normal thing but it's a bad promotion to do negative things to other products is unhealthy promotion. I see the ico company should not have to be that way because ico should be able to be one of the companies that are able to compete by using their wits and products so I think it's a true negative strategy.

Naurah03

Activity: 108

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:16:23 AM

i agree with you, some kind of promotion like this will give negative impact for bitcoin. To promote their new token no need to judge bitcoin, what they have to do is how to build trusted for the investor. By doing this promotion i think some of the investor not interest with their new token.
Meysa_richa

Activity: 458
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:19:45 AM

Yes it is true that such promotions or advertisements can make bitcoin prices decrease and decrease public confidence in bitcoin, and yet I would not think their coin would replace bitcoin.
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:21:17 AM

This kind of promotion is quite alArming. These ICOs are doing this kind of thing just to attract and get more investors. However, if you are a wise and intelligent bitcoiner, you will not be easily believe in this kind of advertisement.
Zandra

Activity: 418

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:21:25 AM

They can promote their products in their respective strategies, but they also bring negative aspects if they promote products that affect the market. How do you use your product if your market is not fixed?

Yes it can bring negative aspects but it depends on their strategy to promote their products, if it's good or bad.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:29:51 AM

That's what you called marketing. It is pretty normal to say that they have a better product than the older one because they are introducing it to other people. If they want their sale to be successful, they have to mock other older coins to make it. They will try to present something new and eye catchy which will make the other coin look crappy. I don't think it has an impact to Bitcoin though. I see this as an advertisement to Bitcoin also as newbie to cryptocurrency will be alerted what Bitcoin is.
sagor0707 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 02:29:59 AM

i agree with you, some kind of promotion like this will give negative impact for bitcoin. To promote their new token no need to judge bitcoin, what they have to do is how to build trusted for the investor. By doing this promotion i think some of the investor not interest with their new token.
Yes, I agree with you, why not try to improve the quality of the product without affecting the market.
kang.reus

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:30:56 AM

people are joking or laughing at bitcoin, because someone does not understand and blelom feel at all when our investment is successful and successful, bitcoin is a very good place to invest and plant stock because bitcoin transactions are already using digital coin payments and if those laughing people already feel and laugh it will be a sense of wanting to invest and invest.
@oweljayr

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:31:52 AM

It is called advertising in my opinion.  When you have your own product, you tend to promote yours and give negative feed backs to your counterparts.  It only depends on the people if they will believe or not.  I only understand bitcoin for now and I think I will continue having the positive way on it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: