Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:37:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 [455] 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 624 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS  (Read 1052964 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
james6546

Activity: 691
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 11:58:32 AM

For those who are not aware, #noblecoin channel on freenode is the public irc channel for this project.

Yup, lots of tips at the moment Smiley

On another matter, Cryptonit, any news on how the PoS code is getting on?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 06:39:42 PM

australia really going on top!

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113006/australian-coinsfortech-launches-bitcoin-only-marketplace-onewalletio
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 02:09:00 AM

For those who are not aware, #noblecoin channel on freenode is the public irc channel for this project.

doesnt look good at the moment
cant give any ETA
it will be a big delay or we need to withdraw from the deal because we cant deliver in time

make no sence to sweettalk a bitter situation....  Undecided

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 02:48:39 AM

cant give any ETA
it will be a big delay or we need to withdraw from the deal because we cant deliver in time

OK well we will discuss in private and we're going straight to working with someone who can do a wallet swap with us ASAP on Bittrex and be paid to maintain PoS code. I can't afford to wait any longer after so many PoS guys stepping in and stepping out.

ReserviorHunt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 07:16:13 AM

cant give any ETA

OK well we will discuss in private and we're going straight to working with someone who can do a wallet swap with us ASAP on Bittrex and be paid to maintain PoS code. I can't afford to wait any longer after so many PoS guys stepping in and stepping out.

Shame. But it will all come to fruition one way or another.
voephilis

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:33:31 AM

cant give any ETA

Shame. But it will all come to fruition one way or another.

good that james asked...otherwise we would wait and wait...^^
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:35:12 PM

cant give any ETA

And this is why I was asking for updates showing work done.

You guys were telling me how because my work was taking a while with the infographic,
I was in the wrong for asking to see a visible progress update [GitHub, something]. I was stating the
difference between me telling of delays was because I was showing my work was being done.

@Cryptonit, I'm rather suspicious of this. You were trying to try in investors for the cloudmining setup,
which hinged upon this work being done. You deliver this news after not many NobleCoin supporters were interested?
Is this just a concidience?

Anyways, thanks for the update even if it is a "bitter situation".

pikuchato

Activity: 728

Activity: yes

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 05:53:40 PM

cant give any ETA

You guys were telling me how because my work was taking a while with the infographic,
I was in the wrong for asking to see a visible progress update [GitHub, something]. I was stating the
difference between me telling of delays was because I was showing my work was being done.

@Cryptonit, I'm rather suspicious of this. You were trying to try in investors for the cloudmining setup,
which hinged upon this work being done. You deliver this news after not many NobleCoin supporters were interested?

Nehhhh lets move on, this is history now.

It seems rofo will pay for that POS transition which will make it happen a lot faster (ASAP I guses), lets just wait for rofo response and leave this issue behind us Smiley

edit: I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying it will be a waste of time (and thread) to keep talking about it.
james6546

Activity: 691

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 08:36:55 PM

cant give any ETA

It seems rofo will pay for that POS transition which will make it happen a lot faster (ASAP I guses), lets just wait for rofo response and leave this issue behind us Smiley

edit: I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying it will be a waste of time (and thread) to keep talking about it.

I'm just gonna put it out there, do we actually need PoS? The price has been stable for ages and there don't seem to be any attacks anymore.

Though being able to mine again through PoS would be nice...
pikuchato

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 09:12:22 PM

cant give any ETA

I'm just gonna put it out there, do we actually need PoS? The price has been stable for ages and there don't seem to be any attacks anymore.

lol don't start it again,
1) The chain is stuck - once in a while 1 active pool finds a block and right after 5 multipools joins and mine 20 more in the same minute.
2) Inflation - Every day we have new  7,200,000 nobles which is quite unfair for long term holders.
3) Chain is not attacked because the attacker stopped attacking it - he can resume whenever he wants and even without him it is abused by multipools.

GBattaglia

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 10:25:08 PM

cant give any ETA

lol don't start it again,
1) The chain is stuck - once in a while 1 active pool finds a block and right after 5 multipools joins and mine 20 more in the same minute.
2) Inflation - Every day we have new  7,200,000 nobles which is quite unfair for long term holders.
3) Chain is not attacked because the attacker stopped attacking it - he can resume whenever he wants and even without him it is abused by multipools.

Transactions aren't stable. Just recently I was moving my purchased NobleCoin off of an exchange for security purposes and it took a very long time for
the funds to actually move because of the delayed blocks. I actually was worried there was an issue with my wallet/address. This is unacceptable in a currency.

Security. The chain could so very easily be attacked or forked at this point in time due to Scrypt ASICs. DogeCoin [one of the largest Scrypt coins] merged with Litecoin
for this very reason [aside from personal/financial interests], so a coin as small as Noblecoin has no excuse.

Issues with Wallet. This is something I believe I mentioned rather early on in regards to Noblecoin and it has yet to see a fix. The notification regarding date and time
still says "LinkCoin", for a coin a year old almost, this is absurd to still have such an error in the wallet. The QT style wallet is outdated and very limited in comparison to
all the other wallet options out there.

@Rofo, thanks for your work in trying to get the situation rectified in regards to POS.
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2014, 10:39:24 PM

Security. The chain could so very easily be attacked or forked at this point in time due to Scrypt ASICs. DogeCoin [one of the largest Scrypt coins] merged with Litecoin for this very reason [aside from personal/financial interests], so a coin as small as Noblecoin has no excuse.

Who's making excuses? The security of a small-cap altcoin isn't in my hands (another reason behind NOXT and moving to colored coins). DOGE is a really bad example here. While their community voted/raged against LTC for even making the offer of MM as a security improvement I actively tried to promote and convince the NOBL (as well as on DOGE reddit) community to go MM route for the best security. PoS was the voted choice.

Issues with Wallet. This is something I believe I mentioned rather early on in regards to Noblecoin and it has yet to see a fix. The notification regarding date and time
still says "LinkCoin", for a coin a year old almost, this is absurd to still have such an error in the wallet. 

I must have missed that slight oversight. I've fixed it (https://github.com/jlcurby/NobleCoin/commits/master). Sending an issue or contributing to Github gets better results if I overlook something simple.

The QT style wallet is outdated and very limited in comparison to all the other wallet options out there.

I kind of regret putting all my efforts into uses for coins rather than wallet features to be honest. Once PoS is sorted I'll copy-paste the features every other wallet has over. Will be interesting to see how much they're used.

@Rofo, thanks for your work in trying to get the situation rectified in regards to POS.

Don't thank me yet, I still need to find someone who will do it for free until the day I can pay them (and pay them well to get this over and done with).

pikuchato

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:34:57 AM

New tweet with new roadmap:
https://twitter.com/NobleCoin/status/538861627521503232

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:39:18 AM

cant give any ETA

Better it happened now, than Noble running on their Diamond network.
Diamond stalls and they let your Noble crash for a few months while they fix their issues
, Noble would have always taken a back seat to their diamond.

Since you guys are still POW, why not take another vote about doing what Dogecoin did and add the merged mining with Litecoin. Or if your heart is set on POS , and are unable to find a dev to help, You can always sell your Noblecoins and Buy up Zeitcoins , which has been POS for almost a year. Our Price will rise dramatically next year after the Knights arrive. We can give Rofo a seat on the Round Table as a ZeitKnight since his abilities more than qualify him. Problem with all coins are it is too much work and stress for 1 man, that is why we are forming a round table to pool our strengths and lighten the individual loads.
Our coin price hit a low of 13 litoshi, and now we are at 50 and rising like a Phoenix from the ashes.

Wish you guys the Best whatever you decide.
 Cool
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 01:53:02 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2014, 02:12:50 AM by kiklo

@pikuchato

Where in my Post did you think I TrashTalk Noble?

Cool

If you had helped your coin as fast as you run your mouth, it would be above bitcoin.

Edit :
You going to talk junk in zeit forum , but not here, why , afraid what they will think of you.

later edit: Did your keyboard break , where is your reply?

Even Later Edit : It guys like you that make the job too hard for 1 Dev .
                       But FYI , whatever you do to me, good or bad, I will return 10 fold.
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:17:23 AM

EDIT: Is there any adult in the room? can you please take kiklo from our thread? he just showed up out of nowhere trying to promote some dead coin he is bag holding.

Hey Big Talk ,

Delete it yourself. I am beginning to understand why you can't get any help for your coin.

Cool

Edit :
You going to talk junk in zeit forum , but not in noble forum,  why , afraid what they will think of you.

later edit: Did your keyboard break , where is your reply in noble forum?

I just saw you want to troll so I tried to avoid a troll chain.

Do you really think its ok to jump to other thread and suggest people to buy your coin? do you see it happens alot in here?
I asked you nice to delete it and by your comment I understood you just have some free time, well... I don't Tongue

edit: why you get no response on noble thread? because I respect noble so I prefer the shit to be here.

A simple please delete your post , would have worked, the insult started from you.
I just offered some suggestions if the 1st 2 options did not work for you, plus you did not grandstand against diamond when they post large graphics covering half a page.
Any way if you don't post any more , I won't either.
 Cool
GBattaglia

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:18:15 AM

Security. The chain could so very easily be attacked or forked at this point in time due to Scrypt ASICs. DogeCoin [one of the largest Scrypt coins] merged with Litecoin for this very reason [aside from personal/financial interests], so a coin as small as Noblecoin has no excuse.

Who's making excuses? The security of a small-cap altcoin isn't in my hands (another reason behind NOXT and moving to colored coins). DOGE is a really bad example here. While their community voted/raged against LTC for even making the offer of MM as a security improvement I actively tried to promote and convince the NOBL (as well as on DOGE reddit) community to go MM route for the best security. PoS was the voted choice.

That was directed towards the statement that NobleCoin was fine as is and questioned whether there was any real need for PoS/Etc.
I'm not saying you are making any excuses in regards to the move.

I must have missed that slight oversight. I've fixed it (https://github.com/jlcurby/NobleCoin/commits/master). Sending an issue or contributing to Github gets better results if I overlook something simple.

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind

I kind of regret putting all my efforts into uses for coins rather than wallet features to be honest. Once PoS is sorted I'll copy-paste the features every other wallet has over. Will be interesting to see how much they're used.
A lot of in wallet features are gimmicks I'll admit, but the UI alone is enough to attract some attention. Putting effort into the store and such was a good choice [I'm in no position to say this, just
stating a supportive opinion], but the wallet/chain being as it is now greatly compromises things. The "PoS is coming" has probably scared away a lot of miners and users, especially those less
experienced due to uncertainty of what will happen with coins [even though this has been answered already].

Don't thank me yet, I still need to find someone who will do it for free until the day I can pay them (and pay them well to get this over and done with).
Oh? Is there a reason devs won't work for premine funds? Might I ask why it is "until the day I can pay them"?

Another thing as I know this has been brought up before in the past. Wouldn't hiring a developer to create a new coin with the specified details and NobleCoin Branding be a lot
more efficient than going through the task of finding someone to transition the old codebase? Couldn't an "ICO" be offered through Bittrex using old Nobl as the only purchase option be instated?
Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 02:26:09 AM

Oh? Is there a reason devs won't work for premine funds? Might I ask why it is "until the day I can pay them"?

Another thing as I know this has been brought up before in the past. Wouldn't hiring a developer to create a new coin with the specified details and NobleCoin Branding be a lot
more efficient than going through the task of finding someone to transition the old codebase? Couldn't an "ICO" be offered through Bittrex using old Nobl as the only purchase option be instated?

The first two got offered quite a substantial amount of the remaining premine months ago but it didn't pan out. Most developers have a number of options: help coins like us for 5-10BTC or so worth of NOBL that is hard to sell, work for a p&d group for 50+ BTC over a few months, or create your own coins that will rake in anywhere from 70-100 BTC ++. The choice is not hard. Looking at a wallet swap now instead would cost 3-7 BTC (not a hard fork) which I don't have nor could I have sold that amount without negative backlash (price damage).

I'm now not interested in transitioning the old codebase any more since despite half a dozen 'positives' it never materialized. What you describe is a wallet swap which is what I'm looking for now. We will use Bittrex using the old NOBL to facilitate this wallet swap (which also costs BTC).

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2014, 02:35:23 AM

Is this how you promote your coin? trash other threads?
Please delete your useless comment, thank you.

I'm too old for this shit

And you are not getting any younger.
 Cool

Rofo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2014, 02:45:28 AM

None of us are getting any younger. Anything the community/supporters feel right now is amplified on my end tenfold right now but I am still exploring options. I am going to get this sorted one way or another.

Pages: « 1 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 [455] 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 ... 624 »
  Print  

Jump to: