Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:23:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 684 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Vertcoin - First Scrypt N | First Stealth Address - Privacy without mixer  (Read 1232496 times)
jballs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 09:11:20 PM

Yes I do appreciate the open for discussion approach taken in altcoin world. I get it,
But you would do well to keep it one sided in public. Take the views in, and discuss in private rather than debate with public.

Price is fifty percent off the highs since your very important announcement and you have an open debate on whether the miners will just fork off with a new coin and then wtf am I holding?

Shut up and implement the changes and stop talking about implementing changes. 

No disrespect intended. Markets do not like uncertainty and every buyer is relying on you to know what you are doing. Exude total confidence in your product. Don't talk, act, improve and disregard the noise. 

Vertcoin is a winner. Don't fuck it up. Thanks...

Well I actually prefer that they ask the community which are the ones using the currency.

Nobody is using the currency. They are mining and trading the currency. Traders have a different objective than miners. ASIC miners have different interest than gpu miners. Pools have different interest than solo miners. I will say again, by all means be open to input from the community, just stop responding to it as if every comment requires a defense. Take in the opinions, make your decisions in private, and announce the changes when te changes are implemented. That is how things work and not turn into a clusterfuck.

Here is vaguely workable analogy. What if BFL didn't say a damn thing until they had a warehouse full of product ready to ship? Then their reputation wouldn't suck. It sucks because they promote what they plan to do and get everyone hyped for something and then the plan changes and everyone is pissed. In their case there is not much they can do as they are preselling to finance their development. But the point is the same. The more discussion in advance of doing leads to less credibility in getting it done. If the community has good ideas they should know the devs are listening. That is enough. The back and forth is a pure net negative.

The adjustments make perfect sense to my naive self. Just implement them and let's get going. If it creates wallet hiccups etc we will figure it out plenty fast enough and work out the kinks.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
minero1

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:13:25 PM

Just do not get fiat money model in the cryptocurrency!
Want many zeros?
Go to DOGE!

Awesome tolerance! pretty arbitrary, don't you think? you could agree to disagree.

We do NOT have to reinvent the wheel buddy, we take what's good and keep it and we dispose of what's wrong

I am holding DOGE BTW,

Cheers!
RBX

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:13:54 PM

Question - is everyone getting 1/3-1/2 of the hashrate achieved while using scrypt or is it just me ?

If everyone is getting lower rates - Is this because of modded miner (can't use 2D cache in CUDA miner) or the nature of algorithm ?

- Someone who seriously wants to mine VTC.
Zombie123
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:16:31 PM

Question - is everyone getting 1/3-1/2 of the hashrate achieved while using scrypt or is it just me ?

If everyone is getting lower rates - Is this because of modded miner (can't use 2D cache in CUDA miner) or the nature of algorithm ?

Yes Thats true.. I normally get 3.5Mhz but I get 1.7.. But if you do that math its worth it difficulty is going to increase soon Sad
CSM00

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:17:50 PM

Yes I do appreciate the open for discussion approach taken in altcoin world. I get it,
But you would do well to keep it one sided in public. Take the views in, and discuss in private rather than debate with public.

Price is fifty percent off the highs since your very important announcement and you have an open debate on whether the miners will just fork off with a new coin and then wtf am I holding?

No disrespect intended. Markets do not like uncertainty and every buyer is relying on you to know what you are doing. Exude total confidence in your product. Don't talk, act, improve and disregard the noise. 

Well I actually prefer that they ask the community which are the ones using the currency.

Problem is, some of the loudest voices in this community don't seem to have any real idea what they are talking about.  I imagine if the the devs followed the suggestions posted in this thread and in their mailboxes, this coin would have been dead from the start, though there would be a dicegame and a faucet.

The main goal of this coin seems to be to address the issues that Scrypt coins in general are facing - primarily ASICs and multi-pools.  Centralization and instability of the network.  The Scrypt world may look very different 6 months from now.

Let's be realistic - almost no one is actually using any of these currencies.  It's hard enough to actually spend Bitcoin and Litecoin, let alone something two weeks old.  Investing, either BTC or hashpower now in VTC is basically agreeing with the idea that ASICs are going to truly shake-up the crypto world in the next year.

Sixus

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:18:49 PM

If you're about VTC, yes it cuts your hashrates to 1/2 or even less. That's a feature of the algorithm to make it ASIC proof. :-) I noticed that my 7950 makes around 1/2 rate while 58 and 59 series around 1/3 or so :-( So yes it's ok that you got just half of your normal rate with VTC miner.
blacklig

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:32:30 PM

I think you are the last one community needs.
Your language says, you must be like 15 years old..

devs age doing great work with this coin, so you shut up. If you dont like this coin, move on to doge or moon, they are waiting for you.

And also, you dont understand markets, so please dont talk about it.
If there is 1 milion VTC mined, how can you say what the market value is, if volume is like 0.1% of mined coins?
No one is actually selling this coin, yet not that much investors is buying either.. so market is formed right now just by few weak hands, that is all..
blacklig

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:35:25 PM

If you're about VTC, yes it cuts your hashrates to 1/2 or even less. That's a feature of the algorithm to make it ASIC proof. :-) I noticed that my 7950 makes around 1/2 rate while 58 and 59 series around 1/3 or so :-( So yes it's ok that you got just half of your normal rate with VTC miner.

Interesting.. Mine 5850s are actually giving like 55-60% of scrypt performance, but 7950s are only on 45% max..
stevenb

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:43:27 PM

I think, that after change algorithm of difficulty and changes of NFactor speed increasing - STOP CHANGES IN VTC !
Need freeze algorithms, which used in VTC.
Only bugfix, developing of wallet, integration with systems of payment and more.
VTC it is not another fashion cryptocurrency.
Do not need to go on about the desires of individuals.
Community - is good, but it's necessary reliability of investment in VTC.
+1. Current setting is very good to mine, i stopped mining after hearing news from Devs. Why needs a change? VTC price is falling because of this news.

minero1

Activity: 303

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:06:24 PM

HAHAHA fear of the BAG, by Iron Holden

Fear of the BAG
   Fear of the Baaaaag
   I have a constant fear that crash is always near...

Grin
CSM00

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:38:11 PM

I think, that after change algorithm of difficulty and changes of NFactor speed increasing - STOP CHANGES IN VTC !
Only bugfix, developing of wallet, integration with systems of payment and more.
+1. Current setting is very good to mine, i stopped mining after hearing news from Devs. Why needs a change? VTC price is falling because of this news.

Current setting is good to mine until block 24192, then the diff is going to close to double, which then will likely make the hashrate drop pretty dramatically unless there is a price spike.

Things that are good to mine (profitable) tend to make unstable and often dead coins.  CAT and RPC were great to mine at points, but it was very bad for the coins and if they hadnt changed the diff recalc, the coins would be dead now.

Unfortunate reality of the alt-coin world.  Without the early instamining / easy profits, coins have trouble gaining traction since no one has much interest in seeing the coin succeed unless they "got in early".   Leaving those settings in place then causes dramatic up and downs in hashrate, profitability , and return on investment.

The price is dropping because at .0004, its one of the most profitable coins to mine and those miners are selling as it comes in at whatever the market will bear.  When the diff doubles, back to DOGE they go, and the hashrate drops, which then makes the next diff take 4x as long.... and when the diff goes down, back comes that set of miners, drives the diff back up.  Lather, rinse, repeat until one time when the coin just dies on the high diff cycle.  RPC and CAT were near death due to this cycle in the last few weeks.

That, and the 10+ BTC buy guy didnt show up at 20:00 today like he/she did the last few days Smiley
Sixus

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:38:33 PM

Interesting.. Mine 5850s are actually giving like 55-60% of scrypt performance, but 7950s are only on 45% max..

Hmm, my 7950s are overclocked to achieve 610kh normally, makes 310-330kh with VTC miner. 5970s makes 320 each core normally but just 130-140kh with VTC. 5870 makes a little bit less than a half though. Maybe i use wrong settings with 5870...
mattbigblue

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 10:45:44 PM

Current setting is good to mine until block 24192, then the diff is going to close to double, which then will likely make the hashrate drop pretty dramatically unless there is a price spike.

Things that are good to mine (profitable) tend to make unstable and often dead coins.  CAT and RPC were great to mine at points, but it was very bad for the coins and if they hadnt changed the diff recalc, the coins would be dead now.

Unfortunate reality of the alt-coin world.  Without the early instamining / easy profits, coins have trouble gaining traction since no one has much interest in seeing the coin succeed unless they "got in early".   Leaving those settings in place then causes dramatic up and downs in hashrate, profitability , and return on investment.

The price is dropping because at .0004, its one of the most profitable coins to mine and those miners are selling as it comes in at whatever the market will bear.  When the diff doubles, back to DOGE they go, and the hashrate drops, which then makes the next diff take 4x as long.... and when the diff goes down, back comes that set of miners, drives the diff back up.  Lather, rinse, repeat until one time when the coin just dies on the high diff cycle.  RPC and CAT were near death due to this cycle in the last few weeks.

That, and the 10+ BTC buy guy didnt show up at 20:00 today like he/she did the last few days Smiley

THIS !! Will hapeen.. I'm afraid that devs are to optimistic with implementing KGW after 2 weeks (Februaru 6th)..If they will calculate it by block number, it may happen not in February 6th but in March 6th...Even with 0.0004 and when the diff double, this coin still will be on the border of being most profitable, but there will be better choices too...But once price drops tiny bit, we will loose miners...Time will tell. I will be happy when that happens cause I will have time to mine other coins before I come back here  Grin

You should give 3-4 days notice and that's it, everyone will have enough time to change.

enerbyte

Activity: 556
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:12:55 PM

Now for a shamless plug - we could do with some hashrate at vtcpool.co.uk - come join in, we're hitting blocks, I'm mining there myself now.

https://vtcpool.co.uk

Vertcoin pool now open at https://vtcpool.co.uk

• Vardiff
  • PPLNS Payouts
  • Low fees
  • Great support

+1
mattbigblue

Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:23:42 PM

THIS !! Will hapeen.. I'm afraid that devs are to optimistic with implementing KGW after 2 weeks (Februaru 6th)..If they will calculate it by block number, it may happen not in February 6th but in March 6th...Even with 0.0004 and when the diff double, this coin still will be on the border of being most profitable, but there will be better choices too...But once price drops tiny bit, we will loose miners...Time will tell. I will be happy when that happens cause I will have time to mine other coins before I come back here  Grin

You should give 3-4 days notice and that's it, everyone will have enough time to change.
GPU mining on scrypt expire.
http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1v9e8z/gridseed_released_their_first_batch_ltcbtc_dual/ceqa4fp
More and more GPU miners will go to VTC.

dig into it mate..it's fake..the first released scrypt Asic is here called dualminer...You get 70kh/s for 98$ Grin (will take 1,5-2 years to break even with GPU).
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=409756.140

we are still few months away from interesting scrypt Asics and anyway it that happens it's good cause all coins will go to the moon with price, cause diff will sky-rocket and mining will become difficult. basiccly BTC start cost much when diff went sky-high and same thing will happen with scrypt coins once GOOD scrypt asics arrives (obviously only few will survive)...and indeed more people will turn into VTC kind of coins but we are still far ahead from this. anyway I just hope we will get to KGW as soon as we can, cause that's stability and that's what we need.

blacklig

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:39:44 PM

THIS !! Will hapeen.. I'm afraid that devs are to optimistic with implementing KGW after 2 weeks (Februaru 6th)..If they will calculate it by block number, it may happen not in February 6th but in March 6th...Even with 0.0004 and when the diff double, this coin still will be on the border of being most profitable, but there will be better choices too...But once price drops tiny bit, we will loose miners...Time will tell. I will be happy when that happens cause I will have time to mine other coins before I come back here  Grin

GPU mining on scrypt expire.
http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1v9e8z/gridseed_released_their_first_batch_ltcbtc_dual/ceqa4fp
More and more GPU miners will go to VTC.

dig into it mate..it's fake..the first released scrypt Asic is here called dualminer...You get 70kh/s for 98$ Grin (will take 1,5-2 years to break even with GPU).

we are still few months away from interesting scrypt Asics and anyway it that happens it's good cause all coins will go to the moon with price, cause diff will sky-rocket and mining will become difficult. basiccly BTC start cost much when diff went sky-high and same thing will happen with scrypt coins once GOOD scrypt asics arrives (obviously only few will survive)...and indeed more people will turn into VTC kind of coins but we are still far ahead from this. anyway I just hope we will get to KGW as soon as we can, cause that's stability and that's what we need.

so look at the middlecoin.com.. hashrate is like 4x as big as it was like 2 weeks ago.. quite lot of 100 mhs+ guys minting there.. wow
blacklig

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:42:52 PM

It isn't fake: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/world-first-GridSeed-litecoin-bitcoin-miner-fast-shipping/1625115981.html
But price happy Grin

wtf that price Cheesy
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 11:43:45 PM

Hi, what is it with this message in https://vtcpool.co.uk/:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to vtcpool.co.uk, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

And I see only 15 workers there, what is going on?

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
blacklig

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:45:26 PM

lol, "wall" on coined up being eaten pretty hard with diff increase incoming..
It was 8 btc like hour ago, and now:

0.0004199   10599.1400831   4.45057892

heh.. just 4.45 btc... soon gone and price 2daMoon...
last chance buy at 0.004ish Cheesy
pdaddy

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:02:29 AM

Yes Thats true.. I normally get 3.5Mhz but I get 1.7.. But if you do that math its worth it difficulty is going to increase soon Sad

MHz?? What are you talking about?
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 684 »
  Print  

Jump to: