Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:48:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 [523] 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554365 times)
LeBarton

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:18:23 PM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wolf_of_Wallstreet

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:06:59 PM

WOW, what have i missed this weekend!! Having read through most of the posts, it looks like things have been blown majorly out of proportion! Hopefully this post can address some concerns.

I first joined this community back in February after watching from the sidelines as YOU the community were concerned with the lack of DEV updates. Alot of you expected a post from a DEV everyday joining in conversations about the coin, which we were unable to meet. So I signed up and tried to put community leaders and a head of marketing in charge.

To the community leaders, thank you for all the work you did as i've said to you personally alot of times. I think there was a misconception of what was meant to be done as a community leader which only i can take the blame for as i obviously didn't explain it well enough. From our point of view community leaders were put into place to handle the community's needs for a figure head being online and give updates where possible. So that we the Devs could focus on developing the coin and leaving the community communication to those who can do it. ( As to be quite frank we were not doing a good job of communication with the community).

We also put in place a head of marketing to take this coin forward, as what it seriously lacked global appeal and as developers we didn't understand how to market it. Mystic Doge was voted in by you guys to lead that front, so at that point we took a step back from marketing this coin.

--
The big marketing ideas that were pushed forward by Doge and the Community leaders were:

@wolfofwallst - a twitter guy who reached out and said he could market the coin. So the community here and the devs all sent him KDC on mysticdoges advice. (Devs sent about 9k KDC). At no point did we see anything out of this guy or any updates on how the campaign went.

Gold Giveaway - Give away Gold to miners - Not a bad idea, im not sure what the global interest would be, but supported it. Mystic Doge was awating on me to provide statistics on miners from the official pool. He has yet to receive those statistics as it is alot of work and i wanted to understand the interest in doing this post announcement. This should have been better communicated by me.

NYC Trip - Community leaders and Mystic Doge to go to NYC and talk about KDC at the convention. Whilst in theory a great idea, the amount of BTC / KDC it would cost to get there was alot. Community i believe donated close to 1 bitcoin? When we were asked to contribute a few btc towards the trip, we did refuse. This was due to us not having the money to spare post server costs and costs involved in getting us on exchanges. This unfortunately seemed to push the community leaders and mystic doge over the edge and then Doge posted what he did.

( What has happened to the coins community donated?)

I also said in this thread we were looking for a content editor for the site. Unfortunately nobody got back to me.

--

As for the changes that some say ruined this coin, those changes were voted by you the community. We refused for a long time to change the reward structure and received lots of negative feedback saying we needed to change it. After weeks of discussion we agreed and the changes put in place were the ones suggested by you the community

The fork for KGW that someone else suggested was also a bad move and got rid of miners. Again this was voted by you the community. So it's unfair that some of the same people are now saying it was a bad dev idea when they were the ones pushing for the change.

---

I'm not pushing blame on to anyone here and think theres multiple failings across the board, Devs included. Expectations were high and not met. The belief of many was for us to keep pushing more and more services out which cost us personal money, but we did it anyway. Unfortunately those changes made zero diffrerence and people just moved onto asking for another thing, another change etc. My advice to the community leaders is we need to stand still briefly on the development front and start focusing on the marketing! AS it makes no difference what services are released if no one cares or uses them. (For example the gamecodes site has had a total of 2 orders since being put live). That advice wasn't well received.

Jilixi, Spark It, Doge and Placebo: Thank you for all the hard work you put in. I know you dedicated a lot of time trying to make this coin bigger. It's a shame it ended the way it did.

----

How do we move forward?

Quite simple, myself and Andy (Klondikecoin) have no intention of stepping away unless you the community vote for other people to take it over. This is a zero % premined community coin, the founders aren't always the best people to run things and were ok to pass over the torch.... IF THE PEOPLE TAKING IT, HAVE A PLAN AND NO WHAT THERE DOING...

The Coup that was being planned is a silly way of doing things and all thats happened is you have made people lose further faith in this coin.

So to move forward i see the need for a KDC Board with the following positions:

Developers: *4 needed minimum
Marketing: *2 needed
Community Leaders: *4 Needed
Content Editors: *2 Needed
KDC Managing Director

What would those roles involve and how do i apply:

Developers: Further developing the coin, with services and etc. Work would need to be signed off by managing director before proceeding.
Marketing: Closely working with the community leaders to take it to the masses.
Content Editors: To keep the site threads and main website up to date with the latest changes and news.
Community Leaders: To be the voice of the community and relay any information from developers, marketers and managing director.
Managing Director: The person who runs the team and makes the decisions they feel is best for the coin. The coin remains a community coin but the director would have an overriding final say.

To apply for those positions, please state your interest below in a post below and your intentions for the role. I will then collate all these into a voting poll for each role.

(ON a similar note, if these positions go ahead, we would need to look at a hand over period. As it would be unfair to expect us to keep paying for the hosting and developement for the coin.)

I do plan on putting myself forward for a Developer role.

---

Hopefully these steps will remedy the situation we are in. Thank you for your continued support.

+1
Klondikesupporter

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 01:40:28 PM

For the record I was the one who boosted KDC up to 43ksat a long time ago when it was around 22k. With 1 more btc it would have been at over 1,000,000satoshi but some of you laughed at me when I said we should increase the price then, that it would be better to wait. On coinmarket at that time there were barely any sell orders and we could have made the price whatever we wanted. Many more BTC would be in KDC right now if people saw that it's value went from 22,000sat to 1,000,000 (50x increase) and we would have all multiplied our initial investments.
KlondikeCoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:44:21 PM

For the record I was the one who boosted KDC up to 43ksat a long time ago when it was around 22k. With 1 more btc it would have been at over 1,000,000satoshi but some of you laughed at me when I said we should increase the price then, that it would be better to wait. On coinmarket at that time there were barely any sell orders and we could have made the price whatever we wanted. Many more BTC would be in KDC right now if people saw that it's value went from 22,000sat to 1,000,000 (50x increase) and we would have all multiplied our initial investments.

Yes, we were all supporting it and we (the devs) we're also buying it up with you, however i recall someone posting earlier on in this thread, boasting about dumping on us and crashing the price down to 20k sats. From which it didn't go back up
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:56:20 PM

NYC Trip - Community leaders and Mystic Doge to go to NYC and talk about KDC at the convention. Whilst in theory a great idea, the amount of BTC / KDC it would cost to get there was alot. Community i believe donated close to 1 bitcoin? When we were asked to contribute a few btc towards the trip, we did refuse. This was due to us not having the money to spare post server costs and costs involved in getting us on exchanges. This unfortunately seemed to push the community leaders and mystic doge over the edge and then Doge posted what he did.

I didn't comment on it as in fact i have a lot of private problems as my wife is Ukrainian and she lives in Crimea and in fact she is Crimea Tatar, anyway, ... people need to remember that it is not that easy to donate money. Even if one BTC doesn't look a lot of money, but for some people 1 BTC is a lot of money, so i can certainly not blame DEV when they are saying that they don't want to donate any money. 

The NYC trip was indeed a good idea, but it just cost a lot of money, money that a no pre-mine coin don't have.
halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:23:08 PM

This coin is also left to die like many other coins... Only the community can make it.
BitcoinStacker

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:54:23 PM

Im ready for the moon Roll Eyes
bangomatic
Legendary

Activity: 1246

ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:29:23 PM

So pump it back up to 43K sat!!!
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:06:01 PM

So are all the services that have been built... store, visa cards, etc...Is that staying or will be gone?
MysticDOGE

Activity: 126

KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:43:07 PM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 08:25:18 PM by MysticDOGE

I didn't comment on it as in fact i have a lot of private problems as my wife is Ukrainian and she lives in Crimea and in fact she is Crimea Tatar, anyway, ... people need to remember that it is not that easy to donate money. Even if one BTC doesn't look a lot of money, but for some people 1 BTC is a lot of money, so i can certainly not blame DEV when they are saying that they don't want to donate any money.  

The NYC trip was indeed a good idea, but it just cost a lot of money, money that a no pre-mine coin don't have.

Ok, my view of the story once more, but let me start with a metaphor:

Imagine a factory making a super car. The developer/creator has an idea in mind and knows what the end result should look like. Halfway he invites some folks to "assist" for free, because a lot of work still needs to be done and the potential buyers are become more restless.

Nice!, said the assistants (who are all supercar fanatics) and they start helping on building the car. After a short while the original developer says he's out for a coffee break. Fine the assistants thought, he'll be back to tell us what to do after we finished part X and Y.

But, the dev is not coming back. Instead he stands at the other end of the garage doing other shit. When asked for help, he can't hear the assistants, or just went away for another coffee. When we have finished all the work we planned, dev is still not around, while still a lot of shit needs to be done.

The best part is: to finish building the car, some tools are needed. Turns out the hammer, paint, screwdrivers and all that shit is locked away and the only one having a key is the developer.

The question now is: do you expect the "assistants" to finish building the super car on their own? While the developer in the end gets all the profit when he sells the car? While the developer/creator isnt around to discuss things about the cars future looks?

>> My answer to that metaphoric question you guys know.

===

First of all, im not trying to cause a panic or say that KDC is dead.

In my view many community members said that the communications from dev's was poor a few weeks ago. Some of the more active KDC'ers decided to step up and act as community leaders and me for marketing.

The way I envisioned it was that the dev's would still run the show (behind the scenes) and that I and the community leaders took care of communications and coming up with services and marketing idea's.

This is exactly what happened for the the first week and a half. I started working on the (renewed) website, together with dave, while i.e. Jilixi started a webshop with visa cards. Also the Twitter account @klondikecoins ive "abused" a lot, spamming all kind of ppl with KDC and raised number of followers from a mere 300 to over a 1000 followers within no time.

I was under the impression that me and the community leaders were assisting the dev's in their work, channeling down the information we got. It turned out (imho) that all landed on my shoulders with the dev's assisting "us". Well, I can cope with the pressure, so in the heat of the moment my creative mind came up with the real gold give away.

The moment I decided I had enough was for several reasons, New York NOT being one of them.

1) My access to Twitter and Klondikecoin account here on BCT was revoked > couldnt log in anymore

2) We needed Dave to update the official pool page with the real gold give away and asked him if technically it would work (count the days one is mining).
2.1) No update on official pool page with our marketing plan (to this very day)
2.2) Despite asking a few times, I received no login details for official pool to edit things myself.
2.3) We were left in the dark about the technical possibilities of this idea
2.4) Basicly we heard: ye, can run a query on the database, should work
2.5) Dev's didnt want to do anything more, it was up to us to arrange it all (no problem, but we do need poolowner to cooperate, aight?)
2.6) We didnt receive any update about how much fee the pool got (for NY trip / for gold give away), while many put in a higher donation % because of all this. Where did that KDC went to?

3) It turned out to be very hard to stay in touch with dev's. Well dev's... it was only Dave we communicated with. We heard > "ill make sure other dev's get onto IRC also". Havent seen a single one of them except for Dave.

4) I can understand ppl being busy. Im busy too > dayjob, wife, friends, social life. But I spent more hours into this then all dev's combined the last 2-3 weeks. In the end, its my opinion that the maker of this coin should invest the most time and gather a team around them for support. Now they have gathered a team that did all the work and we heard close to nothing.

5) How can I come up with marketing idea's and other stuff while I can not check it with the dev's if it's ok? Again, Im more then willing to communicate to the community or update website, but without ANY dev support, how can I? Im just a "volunteer".

6) The moment I heard that half the original dev team decided to quit and with the knowledge that all was on my shoulders, I didn't feel like working my ass of for nothing. I dont care it is a non-paid "job". I dont care I didnt receive anything in return. I did this because I was a big bag holder and would benefit from KDC going up. That was my drive and motivation. But with most dev's abandoned ship I really wondered why I was putting so much effort into this, while even the dev's turned their back on this.

7) Back to the start: "The way I envisioned it was that the dev's would still run the show (behind the scenes) and that I and the community leaders took care of communications and coming up with services and marketing idea's."  >> turned out to the fact I was running the show together with SparkIt and Jilixi and that it was VERY, VERY hard to have a decent conversation with any dev, because of the fact they just werent around. Didn't realize that running the show behind the scenes meant that I was here to come up with all the ideas AND work them out AND do all the communications AND couldn't fall back or rely on the dev's.

Edit: to be perfectly clear: i did not call out for a takeover. I just said with my previous post that I am reconsidering my involvement. Im still up to do the marketing for KDC, as long as the entire project is not on my own shoulders AND have some clear (daily) communications with a dev or someone in charge. I don't want to be in charge or be the KDC leader. Im best working on the background, pushing updates, getting followers on twitter, update twitter, come up with amazing and unique ideas like the real gold give away, but I do need support.

Edit 2: Donations for NY: we raised ~11k kdc which is worth just over 0.12 btc right now (including with donations from ourself we were at ~1.6 btc and with phi111 and makii we would have gotten over 4 btc worth). Some asked for their kdc back and got it back ofc. The rest has been divided between me, sparkit and jilixi for all the work we put into of KDC > costs for building kdcgoods, buying services etc. ~0.12 btc divided by 3 is nothing compared to the energy and time and own expenses that got involved (about ~0.04 btc each). In that light, the donations that havent been claimed back, went straight towards promoting of KDC and getting services up.

My Coins of Choice // Donations accepted 24 hours, 7 days a week \\
DOGE: DBdnFUqigpJ3gjWPNmC8T9rHo9Q7M16mKu - KlondikeCoin: LGsd3mnFdJZTXek2VumBTajE96ur2AAWrv  - Follow me: Twitter.com/MineCrypto
KlondikeCoin - KDC - Join the Gold rush! NO PREMINE
G440T

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:25:55 PM

Why do we need to keep pointing the blame?

The price is recovering from yesterday...

Yes, there wasn't much information from the Dev team but now we can change.

We need to move on from this and move forward.
ph111

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:29:20 PM

Still here holding Klondike i would rather die than give away cheap coins !  Tongue
roctiv

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:54:01 PM

Still here holding Klondike i would rather die than give away cheap coins !  Tongue

+1
furcoin

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:23:48 PM

omg I heard rumblings of a BC pump and had no bitcoins so I sold some KDC. Sad

Made some profits and ended up buying more KDC at a even cheaper price. Smiley
JanPavel

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:56:55 PM

Eventhough I hold a lot KDC I am not convinced something might start the coin revival.... sorry!
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:33:50 PM

ive sold.. 100% coins.

loved community here but this was a fail in the long run!

catch u on next coin!

yolo
ph111

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:08:56 AM

ive sold.. 100% coins.

loved community here but this was a fail in the long run!

catch u on next coin!

Don't bother trolling your shit SUN here its got less volume (0.141btc) than KDC today at mintpal if people are looking to jump ship i suggest they do some research or stay with KDC you never know KDC might pump soon once a few more weak hands have excited then lets see who's shouldn't of jumped ship Grin
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:52:26 AM

Me too! never sold a single klondike bar. I will take'em to the grave before selling under 30K. I better go ahead and write that into my last will and testament.  Grin
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:53:12 AM

Me too! never sold a single klondike bar. I will take'em to the grave before selling under 30K. I better go ahead and write that into my last will and testament.  Grin

thats not smart u could of sell ... and buy more kdc ......
bangomatic
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:00:26 AM

thats not smart u could of sell ... and buy more kdc ......

Nah I'm sure I'd find a way to lose money doing that.   Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 [523] 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: