Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:51:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange  (Read 162043 times)
Viperbass

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:38:14 AM

Bad news...

1. CoinMarket.io is already down for last 2 days... Deposits/Withdrawals works, but trade is stopped.
2. Cryptorush.in has very, very low trading volume. No trades.
3. Swisscex.com has no trading at all...

So, it seems like almost nobody trading iCoin now... It's not healthy situation.

Yeah trades are very low across most currencies, when iCoin first hit coinmarket.io, CON, RPD and SMC were all trading higher in price and volume. Those coins have
all taken a massive beating especially RPD which is trading at +- 400 and less volume.

All it's going to take is 1 bit of positive news for iCoin for the price to really skyrocket, 5 btc across all exchanges will push the price well over 10000.

Once we on coinpayments it's going to open a lot of doors for us.

Wednesday is a big day, the KGW takes place first and then later we will know if we were successful with coinpayments. So please keep the votes coming. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:06:01 AM

On a positive note, here's some GREAT news that hasn't been released to the public yet until just now.

My real name is Ryan Ridgway, acting as Director of Marketing and Communications for iCoin, and I will officially be one of the keynote speakers at the upcoming Crypto Currency Convention taking place April 9th in New York City, the financial capital of the world.

I will be giving a 15-minute "Ted Talks style" speech about iCoin and the future of currency as a whole, to an audience of over 2,000 individuals including large industry pundits, and wall street bankers.

We will have a 10x10 booth at the event, and my intent is to throw a VIP after party hosted by iCoin in one of the more prestigious clubs in NYC.

iCoin will be ALL OVER THE PLACE! (Booth, bags, promos, magazines, iteneraries, TV's, scrolling digital advertising boards, etc...)

iCoin will appear in Wall Street Journal, Bitcoin Magazine, and numerous other publications.

Additionally, we paid for our event sponsorship in iCoin, will be giving out 75,000+ ICN at the event, and people can even pay for the convention tickets using iCoin!

I'd love to meet a few of you if you live in the states, or willing to make the intercontinental flight to NYC.

- - - - -

I am committed to serving you and making iCoin an astounding success. I hope the above mentioned proves my intent, and I still have plenty more tricks up my sleeve that I will wait to release. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn -> www.linkedin.com/in/ryanridgway

That's great news! I'm sure as hell glad you're on the iCoin team.
BigRidg7

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:41:59 AM

Thanks infofront, glad to represent a currency with such high standards ingrained into it's very inception. Let me know if you need anything whatsoever.

Fast. Simple. Secure. Your currency under your control. www.geticoin.com
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:08:02 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 07:23:23 AM by Bluestreet

A partner of mine is also interested in buying iCoin, he has done a review of iCoin and just has the following 2 questions.

1. Does captainhook run multiple alt coins which is why he doesn't have time for iCoin? Since he has been out of hospital nothing has changed from what we can see, does he use teamicoin to communicate with us?
2. He thinks iCoin can be the one that makes it all the way, however he does have concerns on a couple topics. Who can I pm to discuss this?

edit: I PM'd Captainhook and teamicoin.

BigRidg7

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:19:16 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 08:34:02 AM by BigRidg7

A partner of mine is also interested in buying iCoin, he has done a review of iCoin and just has the following 2 questions.

1. Does captainhook run multiple alt coins which is why he doesn't have time for iCoin? Since he has been out of hospital nothing has changed from what we can see, does he use teamicoin to communicate with us?
2. He thinks iCoin can be the one that makes it all the way, however he does have concerns on a couple topics. Who can I pm to discuss this?

edit: I PM'd Captainhook and teamicoin.

Captainhook will always have very limited engagement with the community. He's the developer, and those guys can be rather quirky haha. We communicate very diligently with development, and run ideas back and forth all the time about the long-term gameplan for iCoin as well as current marketing initiatives.

We provide each other a nice system of checks and balances. Community engagement and marketing emphasis takes place on behalf of myself, Viperbass, and our designer. Captain takes care of wallet updates, KGW, etc.. Every initiative is communicated transparently through the team as a whole prior to going public, to give everyone the chance to voice their own opinion.

If there's any concerns about developer's intent or premine, etc... these questions should be asked openly, and we're more than happy to answer. What I can tell you right now is that we've spent almost 1 million of our premine to date, with an additional 1.3 million already scheduled for the next 3-4 months. That's if we don't launch any new promotions, giveaways, etc... (there will be plenty). We are tracking this through a robust accounting plugin that takes information from the teams's reporting and aggregates that to a pie chart and itemized list, with blockchain confirmations for each payout or transaction. This will be available to the public to see this upcoming week (Jason, can you clarify that please) and we just have a few more tweaks to make for perfection. This will be a new page on our website Smiley

LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:48:38 AM

I admire you guys for being so open and honest, that's a winner in my book!

My friend was asking me the other day, "what are these coins you keep going on about?" I tried to explain to him as best as I could and I got the message across in a round about way!

How do you guys describe crypto coins to people showing interest?

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
fablkak

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:50:06 AM

We are tracking this through a robust accounting plugin that takes information from the teams's reporting and aggregates that to a pie chart and itemized list, with blockchain confirmations for each payout or transaction. This will be available to the public to see this upcoming week (Jason, can you clarify that please) and we just have a few more tweaks to make for perfection. This will be a new page on our website Smiley

That's great news. More transparency will result in more confidence.
I can't help but think that maybe all my comments a few weeks ago may have helped push you guys in the right direction. You guys have made progress on every front. Nice work, mining iCoin again.

tick
Reverb

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:52:25 AM

We are tracking this through a robust accounting plugin that takes information from the teams's reporting and aggregates that to a pie chart and itemized list, with blockchain confirmations for each payout or transaction. This will be available to the public to see this upcoming week (Jason, can you clarify that please) and we just have a few more tweaks to make for perfection. This will be a new page on our website Smiley

That's great news. More transparency will result in more confidence.
I can't help but think that maybe all my comments a few weeks ago may have helped push you guys in the right direction. You guys have made progress on every front. Nice work, mining iCoin again.

tick

That's great to hear! iCoin has made such an improvement and we hope more people start mining iCoin again.
Imperative and I are alot on IRC. So if you have any questions, feel free to join and ask them.
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:06:10 AM

Best team is best, time for iCoin to takeover btc  (Smiley)
speedminer

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 10:24:59 AM

Wouldn't it be great if a service like Gyft accepted the iCoin!  Already accepting bitcoin.
http://www.gyft.com

The Crypto-Currency convention BigRidg7 was reffering to: http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/

iCoin mining pool @ : http://speedminer.org
FLT mining pool @ : http://flutter.speedminer.org
NLG mining pool @ : http://gulden.speedminer.org
Viperbass

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:16:13 AM

Wouldn't it be great if a service like Gyft accepted the iCoin!  Already accepting bitcoin.

The Crypto-Currency convention BigRidg7 was reffering to: http://www.cryptocurrencyconvention.com/

This is why coinpayments is very important for iCoin, I see a lot of coins I thought would be pushing this but are more concerned about getting onto exchanges without showing
value.

This is a great option speed and will look into it as our focus switches to merchant adoption of iCoin after wednesday.

LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:30:17 AM

This is why coinpayments is very important for iCoin, I see a lot of coins I thought would be pushing this but are more concerned about getting onto exchanges without showing
value.

This is a great option speed and will look into it as our focus switches to merchant adoption of iCoin after wednesday.

On the back of this, there is this option for UK Icoinians - https://pock.io/

I have used this twice and have been very impressed.

▄███████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
Viperbass

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:33:00 PM

I'm curious as to how else you will combat issues of dead weight investors, i.e. investors who claim to be enthusiastic and dedicated, up until the point that they vanish with their stake and let everyone else do the leg work while they sit and watch.

A lot of the time most investors are dead weight, but they take the risk of supporting the coin early and also giving it value by mining and buying it. I have been doing currency and share trading myself for over 10 years, as a shareholder I just sit back and "hope" the company does well and deliver on it's promises, the only support I give the company is by holding onto the shares and buying up more.

The only things we have control over is the remaining premine and our own personal investments into iCoin. All of us have agreed to support iCoin if needed once the premine is used up, however if I am just a random person buying up 5 btc of iCoin at these prices... then well done to that person for taking the risk.

For the iCoin team personally, this is about building a legacy... that when we leave this world we can look back and say look at what we helped get started. Sorry if that came across melodramatic but we do feel that strongly about iCoins future.

Gravity

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:40:52 PM

I'm curious as to how else you will combat issues of dead weight investors, i.e. investors who claim to be enthusiastic and dedicated, up until the point that they vanish with their stake and let everyone else do the leg work while they sit and watch.

The main problem that was discussed a lot pages ago was captainhook and the premine, up until this point the iCoin team has been very honest and delivered on everything. No one has complained that they
haven't received a giveaway, bounty, promotion that was owing to them.

BigRidg7

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:32:39 PM

iCoin moves up to #63 on CoinMarketCap. I believe this is the highest ranked it has been yet!

On another note, we realize CoinMarket.io is down. It seems to be an internal technical issue, and we're hoping it's resolved promptly for both their and our behalf. If they can't accomplish this in a timely manner, we will put forth other options for our 'go-to' exchanges.

Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:26:45 PM

iCoin moves up to #63 on CoinMarketCap. I believe this is the highest ranked it has been yet!

On another note, we realize CoinMarket.io is down. It seems to be an internal technical issue, and we're hoping it's resolved promptly for both their and our behalf. If they can't accomplish this in a timely manner, we will put forth other options for our 'go-to' exchanges.

Excited to see where this coin goes!
friendlymine

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:53:21 PM

icn.friendlymine.com
  • PPLNS, vardiff
  • 0% fee, no forced donations
  • fast payouts, fast confirmations
  • hosted in cloud with dynamic load distribution

Mine with Smile !
https://i.imgur.com/RMeNk89.png

TeamICoiN (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:59:27 PM

KGW update +- 11 hours

Please inform us straight away if you run into any issues, remember to download the 1.4 wallet from the geticoin.com website. This is really important otherwise your wallet
will not sync.
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:07:33 PM

friendly you ready for kgw?

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
BigRidg7

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:13:20 PM

Update from CoinMarket.io - trading to resume shortly, withdraws can currently be made without any troubles. Funds are all secured in cold storage as they alter node.js and perform other updates.

"Sorry for the delay, here is the update on the current situation:

Why is trading still paused?
A new team member has discovered some bugs in the trading engine. They need to be fixed to avoid exploitation and maintain integrity.
We are re-writing the whole engine as we speak. Among other things, the new engine will propely indicate buys and sells in the market history.

Why is the site going down so often today?
After moving large amounts of altcoins to cold (secure) storage, our wallets were left with a large amount of small unspent inputs.
These inputs are generated by people who mine directly to our deposit addresses, using small automatic payments from pools.
When a withdrawal fails because too many unspent inputs must be combined, the coindaemon throws an error: transaction too large.
What are we doing to prevent this? We will manually consolidate the inputs by sending coins to ourselves.
This can take some hours, but its not a major issue. After this, the coindaemon will be able to choose less inputs for withdrawals.

Our system is configured to stop on any unexpected condition, at all times.
This is why the server is going down - we have to manually restart it after a coindaemon error.
This is the same protection that has prevented people from exploiting bugs - its important to "crash" on any unexpected condition.
We carefully inspect all error messages before restarting the Node.js process. Having this protection will make us alot better in the long run.

Also, because of the Mt.Gox situation, withdraw volumes have increased on all exchanges.
Because of this, we have to re-fill our hot wallets, multiple times per day. Usually its the other way around.
Another effect of increasing withdrawal volumes is that the coindaemons run out of "large" unspent inputs and start combining the dust from mining deposits.

What happens to stuck deposits, withdrawals and other support requests from the last pages on this thread?
Less than 0.5% of users have a stuck transaction. Mostly because of e-mail delivery issues (working on them aswell).
All recent support requests will be handled in 4-24 hours, starting now (already handling some).

If your confirmed withdrawal failed without an txid, dont worry. We will manually resend these later.

We are hiring more people - another Node.js/crypto developer and 3 additional support team members from different timezones around the world.
If you happen to be (or know) an expert in Node.js, feel free to contact us.

We will start moving our infrastructure to a production-ready datacentre as soon as the dust settles.
Websockets-based realtime UI is ready and will be deployed next week.

While the markets are paused, everybody can still cancel orders and make withdrawals.
We expect to resume normal operation in 24 hours or less."

Pages: « 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: