Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:41:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICN] iCoin - On Swisscex, C-Cex, Bittrex exchange  (Read 162047 times)
buttonmc

Activity: 277
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:13:48 PM

The 1st April pump for iCoin and the consequences for iCoin.

I will confess myself and 2 others were behind the pump that took place on 1st April, I still think iCoins price is too low and definitely thought the currency convention was going to have a bigger impact.
I think the Currency convention has made it worse for the coins that attended because not one article has been published after the event took place, only leading up to it.

Back to the pump, we were planning to spend 10 btc across all exchanges to help keep the price of iCoin above 2000, we decided to hit Poloniex first and while buying up and then leaving our buy orders at 2000 it didn't take long for the dumping to occur, we got hit with a 27000 iCoin dump in one go and then decided to pull back the price we had established and still more dumping took place until 2 btc had been used up. Throughout that whole period we had a couple of small buy supports which also got eaten up by people dumping out. We would of pressed on with the buying but got scared off because we thought it was the dev dumping out with the premine.  Later on we saw it was not the case.

Although I like the iCoin name I believe the team behind it is not capable of growing this coin to where it should be and captainhook and the premine is holding progress back a lot because no one is going to invest time and money into a project that "could" be benefiting the developer and not the community. I didn't think the premine was a problem until our buys got dumped on and it was my first concern at that time.
With all the coins that had a premine it was backed up by devs that were active and had money to spend on keeping the coin relevant.

I think the rest of the team has been honest with everything they have done but my time of buying more iCoin is done for now until I can see more happening for the coin.

I think if you people had stuck with the pump with another 8 btc it would of set a new price for iCoin, 8 btc at 0.00002000 is 400 000 iCoin. 8 btc buy you 4% of total iCoin which is very low price.

The premine is holding the team at ransom, no one will help unless they get some premine themselves and I think it need to be used for big companies which will have big impact on price.

For the dev to have so much premine and do so little work with coin is not good.

If you're going to try and pump up icoin's price, you have to take into account that the mining difficulty has been very low for a long time; 27,000 icn is a drop in the bucket. I've seen a pair of miners with 12 MH/s on icoin for the last 2+ months.... they've got to have 300-500,000 icn.

I definitely agree that the premine (currently ~40% of all coins in circulation) is holding icoin back from success.

Its kind of funny that the goal of the premine is to use for promotion/development, but the best promotion/development would be to destroy all of the premine.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 12:44:13 PM

The 1st April pump for iCoin and the consequences for iCoin.

I will confess myself and 2 others were behind the pump that took place on 1st April, I still think iCoins price is too low and definitely thought the currency convention was going to have a bigger impact.
I think the Currency convention has made it worse for the coins that attended because not one article has been published after the event took place, only leading up to it.

Back to the pump, we were planning to spend 10 btc across all exchanges to help keep the price of iCoin above 2000, we decided to hit Poloniex first and while buying up and then leaving our buy orders at 2000 it didn't take long for the dumping to occur, we got hit with a 27000 iCoin dump in one go and then decided to pull back the price we had established and still more dumping took place until 2 btc had been used up. Throughout that whole period we had a couple of small buy supports which also got eaten up by people dumping out. We would of pressed on with the buying but got scared off because we thought it was the dev dumping out with the premine.  Later on we saw it was not the case.

Although I like the iCoin name I believe the team behind it is not capable of growing this coin to where it should be and captainhook and the premine is holding progress back a lot because no one is going to invest time and money into a project that "could" be benefiting the developer and not the community. I didn't think the premine was a problem until our buys got dumped on and it was my first concern at that time.
With all the coins that had a premine it was backed up by devs that were active and had money to spend on keeping the coin relevant.

I think the rest of the team has been honest with everything they have done but my time of buying more iCoin is done for now until I can see more happening for the coin.

I think if you people had stuck with the pump with another 8 btc it would of set a new price for iCoin, 8 btc at 0.00002000 is 400 000 iCoin. 8 btc buy you 4% of total iCoin which is very low price.

The premine is holding the team at ransom, no one will help unless they get some premine themselves and I think it need to be used for big companies which will have big impact on price.

For the dev to have so much premine and do so little work with coin is not good.

If you're going to try and pump up icoin's price, you have to take into account that the mining difficulty has been very low for a long time; 27,000 icn is a drop in the bucket. I've seen a pair of miners with 12 MH/s on icoin for the last 2+ months.... they've got to have 300-500,000 icn.

I definitely agree that the premine (currently ~40% of all coins in circulation) is holding icoin back from success.

Its kind of funny that the goal of the premine is to use for promotion/development, but the best promotion/development would be to destroy all of the premine.

captainhook must of made mistake with the premine when he created this coin, 1% is 10% premine because coin only have 50million in 40 years. i think they don't know how to spend it, maybe we can help?

I have suggested approach big company and use them to accept icoin and do giveaway.
Gravity

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 01:22:02 PM

Blackcoin is pretty amazing story. Just by having multi pool backing it to keep the price up it has attracted lot of investment. Currently 74 million coins and trading at 50000 and iCoin with 10 million coins
is trading at 460. That just shows what amazing investment iCoin could be if the team could do something to attract buyers. It would take less btc then blackcoin to get price up.

I am convinced the premine is what holding this coin back like everyone says.

buttonmc

Activity: 277

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:21:18 PM

Blackcoin is pretty amazing story. Just by having multi pool backing it to keep the price up it has attracted lot of investment. Currently 74 million coins and trading at 50000 and iCoin with 10 million coins
is trading at 460. That just shows what amazing investment iCoin could be if the team could do something to attract buyers. It would take less btc then blackcoin to get price up.

The thing that made blackcoin successful is that it was the first hybrid PoW/PoS making it much better distributed that something like nextcoin (1 week of mining vs. 70 initial investors). I feel recent decreased mining profitability is going to be a lasting trend making energy efficiency a premium.

I think the best strategy is to make icoin a hybrid PoW/PoS and utilize x11 during the mining phase. You could keep the original coin release schedule and once the block rewards hit 3 icn (the minimum block reward) switch it over to PoS. At this point, there would be roughly 30M coins in circulation. From there, every account would receive interest equal to what a 3 icn block reward would bring to the market each year for the remainder of the 900 year coin release schedule. All of the premine would have to be used prior to the switch to PoS.

This plan would make icoin a unique technology and it would still have the best name in the crypto market. 
Bluestreet
Legendary

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 02:33:07 PM

The thing that made blackcoin successful is that it was the first hybrid PoW/PoS making it much better distributed that something like nextcoin (1 week of mining vs. 70 initial investors). I feel recent decreased mining profitability is going to be a lasting trend making energy efficiency a premium.

I think the best strategy is to make icoin a hybrid PoW/PoS and utilize x11 during the mining phase. You could keep the original coin release schedule and once the block rewards hit 3 icn (the minimum block reward) switch it over to PoS. At this point, there would be roughly 30M coins in circulation. From there, every account would receive interest equal to what a 3 icn block reward would bring to the market each year for the remainder of the 900 year coin release schedule. All of the premine would have to be used prior to the switch to PoS.

This plan would make icoin a unique technology and it would still have the best name in the crypto market. 

This plan is a good one.

Can the community come up with ideas to spend the premine? It needs to go!
minecrew

Activity: 224

MineCrew

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 05:04:08 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2014, 07:46:33 PM by minecrew

Who knows... Maybe, iCoin will repeat the success of BlackCoin... Smiley

Or will not repeat. Who knows... But as I see, Facebook page was not updated since 4th april...
TeamICoiN (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 08:46:00 PM

Or will not repeat. Who knows... But as I see, Facebook page was not updated since 4th april...

Hi all,

I have just got a update from bigridg7 and he won't be able to commit the time he once had to the iCoin team as he is currently in the process of running 2 companies which
has taken up most of his time now, when he does get a moment he will check in and give the coin support where he can.

I just want to say a big thanks to bigridg7 for the contributions he has made to iCoin so far and we wish him well with his current businesses.

This is the reason facebook and twitter have been dead this last week.

Captainhook will need a new marketing manager to run with iCoin going forward so please let us know if you are up to the task of joining the iCoin team and taking on the responsibility of updating facebook/twitter and running with promotions.
KenChanYu

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 09:03:41 PM

Hi all,

I have just got a update from bigridg7 and he won't be able to commit the time he once had to the iCoin team as he is currently in the process of running 2 companies which
has taken up most of his time now, when he does get a moment he will check in and give the coin support where he can.

I just want to say a big thanks to bigridg7 for the contributions he has made to iCoin so far and we wish him well with his current businesses.

This is the reason facebook and twitter have been dead this last week.

Captainhook will need a new marketing manager to run with iCoin going forward so please let us know if you are up to the task of joining the iCoin team and taking on the responsibility of updating facebook/twitter and running with promotions.

So he went to convention and saw devs that do coin with no premine and working every day to better coin and now decide to quit. Wink

Can't blame him for quit , no one going to help iCoin with captainhook sitting on large premine and not doing any work.
pics4crypto

Activity: 491

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:01:16 PM

Hello everybody, I am happy to announce that our website with several thousands of 18+ pictures is now open.

We do accept this coin since it is listed on Coinpayments.net

Come and check it out at http://www.pics4crypto.com/  and enjoy your time.

As an introductory gift, use coupon code "20OFF" at the checkout to get 20% off of any credit purchase or download.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Viperbass

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 10:09:05 PM

Hello everybody, I am happy to announce that our website with several thousands of 18+ pictures is now open.

We do accept this coin since it is listed on Coinpayments.net

Come and check it out at http://www.pics4crypto.com/  and enjoy your time.

As an introductory gift, use coupon code "20OFF" at the checkout to get 20% off of any credit purchase or download.

Thanks for the update, you might find a lot of guys liking this one Wink
pics4crypto

Activity: 491

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:01:52 PM

We are here to please  Wink Grin

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
captainhook

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:06:48 AM

I am testing both X11 and Scrypt-N now, so far X11 is quite good as power and heat very effective, as well as new setting for ICN. In next update:

- Reward will be reduced dramatically.
- Faster havles time.
- Include a chat system in wallet so we can discuss directly.
- New algorithm.
- Plan to IPO 100% premined coin.

Bad news:
Our designer is going to resign soon, i am looking for a designer to design new set of ICN logos/icons/web which will be included in next update.

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:35:19 AM

i am looking for a designer to design new set of ICN logos/icons/web which will be included in next update.

But isn't the current iCoin logo just perfect the way it is?  Huh
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 06:42:16 AM

I am testing both X11 and Scrypt-N now, so far X11 is quite good as power and heat very effective, as well as new setting for ICN. In next update:

- Faster havles time.
- New algorithm.

Bad news:
Our designer is going to resign soon, i am looking for a designer to design new set of ICN logos/icons/web which will be included in next update.

Excellent news, although the designer is going to resign, this can be a good thing sometimes. New people mean new, fresh ideas.I personal opinion of the logo is that it rocks Smiley but im sure there is work to be done.

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
Viperbass

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:44:30 AM

Hey Guys,

Just a update from my side, Captainhook will be taking back more control of iCoin and rightfully so since he is the creator, I have sent him back the remaining premine I had. So for any ideas, promotions, marketing please pm him.

I will still be helping when captainhook needs me to run a promotion for iCoin but I won't be taking a active role like I used too.

iCoin has come a extremely long way since we started and captainhook has plans to take the coin to the next level and that requires a more dedicated and larger team to push things forward.

At this stage the community really needs to step in and help and I think everyone has been relying on the iCoin team to do everything which is not what cryptos are about, I know people like Lord P have been doing there part to promote iCoin and it definitely needs more of that. Just so you know for the last 2-3 months I have been doing everything without getting payed anything from the premine besides the initial amount Captain gave me to join the team. This isn't because he didn't want to offer me more but because I wanted to do it and invested my own money into buying iCoin which I will keep for a long long time still.

The brand is great, the name is even better and I know the coin still has a great future and I won't be a stranger.

Please PM if you have any questions and thanks again for all the support! Smiley

Viperbass

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 07:54:27 AM

- Faster havles time.
- New algorithm.

Bad news:

Excellent news, although the designer is going to resign, this can be a good thing sometimes. New people mean new, fresh ideas.I personal opinion of the logo is that it rocks Smiley but im sure there is work to be done.

I agree with what Lord has said above. This leaves openings for passionate people that want to get involved in a great project like iCoin.
KenChanYu

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:16:59 AM

Hey Guys,

Just a update from my side, Captainhook will be taking back more control of iCoin and rightfully so since he is the creator, I have sent him back the remaining premine I had. So for any ideas, promotions, marketing please pm him.

I will still be helping when captainhook needs me to run a promotion for iCoin but I won't be taking a active role like I used too.

iCoin has come a extremely long way since we started and captainhook has plans to take the coin to the next level and that requires a more dedicated and larger team to push things forward.

At this stage the community really needs to step in and help and I think everyone has been relying on the iCoin team to do everything which is not what cryptos are about, I know people like Lord P have been doing there part to promote iCoin and it definitely needs more of that. Just so you know for the last 2-3 months I have been doing everything without getting payed anything from the premine besides the initial amount Captain gave me to join the team. This isn't because he didn't want to offer me more but because I wanted to do it and invested my own money into buying iCoin which I will keep for a long long time still.

The brand is great, the name is even better and I know the coin still has a great future and I won't be a stranger.

Please PM if you have any questions and thanks again for all the support! Smiley

iCoin team has done good job and new people can make it better, captainhook making 100% ipo of premine will make less people worry about buying also those changes to icoin that captainhook suggest will make coin more valuable and more interest as asic coming to scrypt and GPU miners will need new place to go.

captainhook i thought it was not possible to change algo to x11 without resetting blockchain for coin?
alan_a1

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:00:19 PM

Hello icoiners,
Its really sad to see some of icoin team members leaving the scene or no longer involve in icoin. I personally worked with them to create the icoin video which will be released soon, these ppl are honest and nice to work with. Hopefully, we will have more great people to join the team.  Smiley

minecrew

Activity: 224

MineCrew

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Hello icoiners,
Its really sad to see some of icoin team members leaving the scene or no longer involve in icoin. I personally worked with them to create the icoin video which will be released soon, these ppl are honest and nice to work with. Hopefully, we will have more great people to join the team.  Smiley

Initial users didn't left. I think that iCoin has future.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:20:30 PM

I'm doing a research project on coin distribution for both older and new coins. I'm interested on gathering some data for top addresses and how much of the coins the top100 have. This along with the number of people (addresses) actually holding any amount of coins.

I have some info from bitinfocharts on a few coins but I really do need some data on other coins along with less exposed or new ones.

If anyone knows an explorer with this feature drop a line.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: